PDA

View Full Version : Brennan Clay Appreciation Thread

cherokeebrewer
11/25/2013, 02:38 PM
This loyal young man has been a great ambassador for OU. He's done it the right way off the field and a been warrior on the field. I can't count the times he's bailed us out with a long run or just a tough one for a critical first down. Now with Williams gone he'll be carrying a heavy load to the finish line. I appreciate Brennan Clay for the good citizen he is, his leadership and for what he's done as a player in a very unselfish way...Thank you Mr. Clay in a great way!

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2013, 03:23 PM
+1

Soonerjeepman
11/25/2013, 03:31 PM
yup...good job keeping your nose clean and being a positive member of the OU nation!

BRS
11/25/2013, 03:42 PM
Great player. Proud to call him a Sooner.

SoonerMarkVA
11/25/2013, 07:29 PM
I'll admit disappointment with his first two years. That said, he has more than rendered my initial opinion as that of foolishness by being one of the great all-around backs of the Stoops era. Hope he gets a shot in the NFL because he absolutely deserves some team to let him earn a chance.

stoopified
11/25/2013, 07:57 PM
Well done BC,now tell Tony and Kenny to STFU.

SoonerorLater
11/25/2013, 08:17 PM
This guy is the Rodney Dangerfield of OU Football. I never could figure the tepid compliments and sometimes outright disappointment expressed by some fans. Not sure how much more he could have done. At the RB he was/is the best blocker. Kept Landry upright for 3 years. Good pass receiver, doesn't fumble much and he's has averaged about 5.3 yards a carry during his time at OU. In short he is an every down type back and he will be missed.

yermom
11/25/2013, 08:25 PM
i'll never forget the game ender against OSU last year in OT

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2013, 09:59 PM
He's certainly the best home grown back we've had in a while (non-transfer). I especially am pleased when he is being interviewed. He comes across as an extremely articulate young man and that's not the case with every player.

Pricetag
11/25/2013, 11:02 PM
The whole game on Saturday I had the barbershop argument from "Coming to America" playing in my head.

"His momma called him Clay, I'ma call him Clay."

SoonerPride
11/26/2013, 07:57 AM
Everything about Clay is class.

Works hard.
Articulate.
Does it the right way.

I'm excited to see him run and proud he's a Sooner.

David Earl
11/26/2013, 08:53 AM
He called it. More carries = better running. Give the man the ball 30 times and he'll produce.

C&CDean
11/26/2013, 10:49 AM
He called it. More carries = better running. Give the man the ball 30 times and he'll produce.

To be honest, I could have run for about a buck fiddy with the holes our O-line was giving him against KSU. That said, he's a fine young man and I wish him well in whatever he does in life. He's made us proud.

oudanny
11/26/2013, 10:53 AM
I am proud to call him a Sooner and wish him well in all that he does. I hope he has enjoyed his time here.

Okie35
12/7/2013, 04:17 PM
Love this kid... He took on a huge load after Williams got kicked off the team.. He's been nothing short of great

SoonerorLater
12/7/2013, 04:55 PM
Bump. And I will bump again. Clay has been one of the toughest, hardest working, talented RB's.....players in OU history.

BlownGP
12/7/2013, 05:09 PM
He's a great player!!!! Some one we can always count on.

ouduckhunter
12/7/2013, 05:18 PM
Thank you for all of your focus, and hard work!! Your contributions to the Sooner team, and Bedlam series are now part of a long, and storied tradition!!

Jason White's Third Knee
12/7/2013, 05:20 PM
To be honest, I could have run for about a buck fiddy with the holes our O-line was giving him against KSU. That said, he's a fine young man and I wish him well in whatever he does in life. He's made us proud.

Not if your cow heart explodes during the first run.

Really proud of that kid's effort. He developed and busted his arse. He earned the praise he is getting. He has it together. Great to see success for a kid that seems to make the right decisions.

aurorasooner
12/7/2013, 05:46 PM
In.

Sure hope J. Jones drafts him to BU Demarco, or Denver drafts him.

JLEW1818
12/8/2013, 10:42 AM
This Kid loved OU from the day he committed. One of my favorite Sooners of the last few years.

picasso
12/9/2013, 01:05 AM
Tough for his size. His little catch and move was clutch kust before the Saunders TD.

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2013, 01:23 AM
Tough for his size. His little catch and move was clutch kust before the Saunders TD.

Agreed. He had to really fight for every yard as there wasn't much room. Couple of other 3rd down conversions were key.

EDIT: Just looked up his stats and he finished the year with 913 yards on 158 carries, 5.8yds/carry. Not bad considering he was not the feature back unless Williams was dinged up or suspended. His 76yd TD run against TCU saved our bacon and he dominated the KSU game. Only had 9 catches for 63 yards which surprised me, but as you mentioned, that 10 yard catch to get the first down and stop the clock before the Saunders TD was huge.