PDA

View Full Version : Stills and Jefferson blowing up the coaching staff on twitter

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2013, 02:29 PM
Not in a place to copy and paste, but.. Wow

As soon as I get somewhere, I will unless someone beats me to it

BermudaSooner
11/25/2013, 02:33 PM
What are they saying? I don't do the twittin thing.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2013, 02:35 PM
Blasting the coaches for dumping Williams, @tonyjefferson1: Another draft stock butchered

cvsooner
11/25/2013, 02:35 PM
Angry because Damien Williams booted off the team reportedly for repeated violations of team policies. Accusing coaching staff of "actively sabotaging" a player's career.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2013, 02:36 PM
@KSTiLLS: Never seen a staff put so much effort into trying to sabotage people's careers

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2013, 02:36 PM
Said it was bigger than Damien on that remark

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2013, 02:37 PM
@KSTiLLS: Damien's situation is Damien's situation I'm referring to more than that

BermudaSooner
11/25/2013, 02:38 PM
Wow. Good thing recruits don't have cell phones and use twitter.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/25/2013, 02:39 PM
I wonder if they'll be getting a Christmas card this year?

badger
11/25/2013, 02:40 PM
Oh my, did he just call Stoops a car salesman? :(

What a car salesman..

even worse:

Never seen a staff put so much effort into trying to sabotage people's careers

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/25/2013, 02:41 PM
I'm pretty sure it has to do with Jefferson not getting drafted. The coaches sabotaged the stopwatches at the combine I'll bet.

badger
11/25/2013, 02:43 PM
I'm pretty sure it has to do with Jefferson not getting drafted. The coaches sabotaged the stopwatches at the combine I'll bet.

They switched the turf on him? ;)

I Am Right
11/25/2013, 02:54 PM
Didn't let the punk smoke weed I bet?

badger
11/25/2013, 02:56 PM
A source with knowledge of the situation told the Tulsa World that Williams violated university policy.
Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/damien-williams-dismissed-stoops-says/article_f0e7966c-55fd-11e3-b431-001a4bcf6878.html)

Does OU have any specific rules about students/student-athletes/those that smoke weed?

SouthFortySooner
11/25/2013, 02:59 PM
Where is their logic? What could the staff possibly gain from hindering someone's draft status.

The benefit of saying what you mean and meaning what you say is priceless!

stoopified
11/25/2013, 03:05 PM
i wish Damien were playing but Bob says three strikes and you are out. Unless Stills and Jefferson can come with FACTS to back up their bullsh!t, they are dead to me.

badger
11/25/2013, 03:05 PM
Tony should ask his teammate Patrick Peterson if he hated on LSU's coaches after they dismissed Heisman trophy finalist and sure-fire first rounder Tyrann Mathieu.

Sure seems to have worked out for the Cards defense to have Tyrann slip a few rounds

Soonerus
11/25/2013, 03:06 PM
Stills has always been a punk...still is...

picasso
11/25/2013, 03:15 PM

Heh.

Jefferson and Stills both graduated right?

achiro
11/25/2013, 03:21 PM
Team attitude changed significantly after they left. Wonder why...

Mjcpr
11/25/2013, 03:24 PM
Team attitude changed significantly after they left. Wonder why...

Where is this measurable being tracked? :D

badger
11/25/2013, 03:26 PM
Heh.

Jefferson and Stills both graduated right?

I think Tony graduated in 3.5 years (http://www.footballnation.com/content/2013-nfl-draft-interview-oklahoma-safety-tony-jefferson/22146/4/), but I am unsure on Stills. I am fairly certain both Tony and Kenny enrolled early, so that would put them on track to be done with an undergrad program early as well (unlike normal students, student-athletes must pass 30 credit hours per academic year to stay eligible. that was what bit ex-Mich quarterback Tate Forcier awhile back)

Stills has always been a punk...still is
I know that the tweets don't make anyone here happy, but he was back in state to help with Moore tornado recovery (http://www.koco.com/news/oklahomanews/former-ou-wr-kenny-stills-helping-moore-victims/-/9844008/20309522/-/nu8ieqz/-/index.html) earlier this year and he's surpassed his pro expectations by being a solid contributor to the Saints so far this season.

Widescreen
11/25/2013, 03:27 PM
I know that the tweets don't make anyone here happy, but he was back in state to help with Moore tornado recovery (http://www.koco.com/news/oklahomanews/former-ou-wr-kenny-stills-helping-moore-victims/-/9844008/20309522/-/nu8ieqz/-/index.html)
That's really cool.

earlier this year and he's surpassed his pro expectations by being a solid contributor to the Saints so far this season.

What does that have to do with whether he's a punk or not?

Bourbon St Sooner
11/25/2013, 03:32 PM
FU Kenny! At least you had one good game for the Saints this year.

KantoSooner
11/25/2013, 03:35 PM
I'm sure this impresses their current coaching staffs.

Soonerjeepman
11/25/2013, 03:35 PM
I just find that odd, considering they are making money playing football..ah well. I'm sure they are ok with smoking weed so they don't see it as a "bad thing".

rock on sooner
11/25/2013, 03:37 PM
Welp, I think Stills and Jefferson should stay out of it. The issues
they had were of their own doing, as was Williams, who will be a
4th to 6th round draft choice, if he gets to the combine or can get
an agent to get him private workouts....

Bourbon St Sooner
11/25/2013, 03:44 PM
The draft doesn't matter anyways. If the dude can play he'll make a roster, but if he's flunking drug tests he's not going to be on a roster long.

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2013, 03:47 PM
We have free speech in this country, but I don't understand their motivation here.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2013, 03:48 PM
And now Donald Stephenson

@Don59Wayne: For the record I back @KSTiLLS. Something's gotta change in that program. I agree 100% ✊

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2013, 03:52 PM
@Don59Wayne: Oh that's right Breenan Clay is playing well they probably just didnt need him anymore..

Bourbon St Sooner
11/25/2013, 03:56 PM
So why don't these dooshbags tell us what needs to change? If they want to play and not have to attend class, then go play in the sec.

UteSooner
11/25/2013, 04:01 PM
Is there really a 3 strikes policy? What would be the problem with that? Seems lenient to me.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/25/2013, 04:17 PM
@Don59Wayne: Oh that's right Breenan Clay is playing well they probably just didnt need him anymore..

So unless this is a dig at Cale Gundy, I have to think these guys are barking mad. It does absolutely no good for this team to cut a senior loose early. We can't replace them via some magical waiver wire and the scholarship is already freed up for next year.

Soonerwake
11/25/2013, 04:19 PM
I guess I'm confused. All of those guys got multiple chances, started early, played as freshman. The guy getting all of the reps now is anther so cal guy, Clay.

WTH are they upset about? If Williams violated rules on multiple occasions as is being speculated about, then he got his chances too. He started, played a bunch, etc.. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the coaches are selective about enforcing the rules according to these guys.

Mjcpr
11/25/2013, 04:20 PM
So unless this is a dig at Cale Gundy, I have to think these guys are barking mad. It does absolutely no good for this team to cut a senior loose early. We can't replace them via some magical waiver wire and the scholarship is already freed up for next year.

You might tend to think more logically than some of these numb nuts.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/25/2013, 04:32 PM
Listening to Dusty and Teddy right now on IHeart. Good stuff, especially since Dusty can talk from experience about getting kicked off the team. I hope Kenny will call in and talk on the air.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/25/2013, 04:38 PM
So why don't these dooshbags tell us what needs to change? If they want to play and not have to attend class, then go play in the sec.No shiite. I'm sure Bob Stoops is a disciplinary TYRANT.

badger
11/25/2013, 04:39 PM
What does that have to do with whether he's a punk or not?

I guess I brought it up to show that he's not some washed up has-been that has no football future and is taking it out on the OU coaching staff.

Listening to Dusty and Teddy right now on IHeart. Good stuff, especially since Dusty can talk from experience about getting kicked off the team. I hope Kenny will call in and talk on the air.

Let us know what they say. I am still amazed every time I see Dusty on-air. He's completely transformed from looking like a menacing defensive guy to a sports broadcaster (although he still gets scary eyes at some points)

Widescreen
11/25/2013, 04:45 PM
He won't. Because then he'd actually have to answer questions and be forced to account for the stuff he says. Twitter gives him the freedom to have a 1-sided conversation.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/25/2013, 04:49 PM
I guess I brought it up to show that he's not some washed up has-been that has no football future and is taking it out on the OU coaching staff.

Let us know what they say. I am still amazed every time I see Dusty on-air. He's completely transformed from looking like a menacing defensive guy to a sports broadcaster (although he still gets scary eyes at some points)

I remember the first time I heard Dusty on air. He's got that perfect radio voice that if I didn't already know what he looks like I would imagine him as a skinny 160 lb guy. It's hard to reconcile that voice with the image of that dude who's helmet just sat on top of his shoulder pads.

Dusty said he spoke to Kenny over the break and they just don't see eye to eye. I don't get what Kenny's deal is since he got arrested for being an idiot and didn't get kicked off the team. Maybe Curtis Lofton will straighten him out. He needs some rookie hazing.

Okie35
11/25/2013, 04:50 PM
they want the program to be dirty

colleyvillesooner
11/25/2013, 04:53 PM
now this:

Tony Jefferson ‏@tonyjefferson1 2h

I loved and still Love OU couldn't have picked a better institution to attend. So you guys saying I'm bashing OU for a decision on my boy?

colleyvillesooner
11/25/2013, 04:55 PM
Deano getting in on the action:

Dean Blevins ‏@DeanBlevins 2h

Unbelievable former player would blast Stoops 4 dismissing stud RB for 3rd violation. Why should Williams get special treatment? #Sooners

Dean Blevins ‏@DeanBlevins 24m

I guess Stills expects university policy to change for dismissed friend Damian Williams. Twitter is dangerous to some who peck w/o thinking.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/25/2013, 04:56 PM
It does absolutely no good for this team to cut a senior loose early. We can't replace them via some magical waiver wire and the scholarship is already freed up for next year.Bob loses cred and respect if he lets certain players flaunt the team rules.

Okie35
11/25/2013, 04:56 PM
I've always liked Jefferson and still do but some stuff just really doesn't need to be said. He's just distraught that Damien is pretty much near the end and he got kicked off the team. Sure Bob could've left him on the team the last two games of the season but Bob doesn't play around when it comes to discipline. This isn't the SEC when you get 1000 chances or just suspended for a quarter.

winout
11/25/2013, 05:00 PM
Yes, Bob has all the incentive in the world to blow up his player's career. It makes the program look bad to have NFL players. <end sarcasm>

The problem is some of these players don't know about "tough love."

Okie35
11/25/2013, 05:04 PM
Yes, Bob has all the incentive in the world to blow up his player's career. It makes the program look bad to have NFL players. <end sarcasm>

The problem is some of these players don't know about "tough love."

Screw tough love some players think they're entitled to do whatever they want. I don't know what Damien was thinking, he probably thought he wouldn't get caught... if he did think he'd get caught, he probably thought he'd get a slap on the wrist since there were only 3 games left. I mean I do wish him the best.

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2013, 05:12 PM
Williams now needs to polish his story for the NFL guys on why he was treated unfairly and why this won't be an issue for anyone that might draft him. Maybe these tweeters are trying to back up his story. That's the only reason I can conjure for them going public.

cherokeebrewer
11/25/2013, 05:16 PM
"Twitter is dangerous to some who peck w/o thinking"

For Deano, that's pretty good stuff...

8timechamps
11/25/2013, 05:25 PM
THIS is the dangerous part of Twitter. Now everyone has instant access to a microphone. Now that Kenny is backtracking, I think he's realizing he shouldn't have fired off his tweets before thinking through this. It's a tough lesson to learn.

I'm not mad at these guys, they are just showing a little immaturity. Everyone's perception is different, and clearly they had/have some kind of issues. Unless they become hall of fame players (and really, Stills is the only one of the three that has really shown the ability to be a breakout player) then someday, when the lights turn off on their careers, OU will be the only place that will welcome them back with open arms (fans, etc). I think back to Brian Bozworth and Marcus Dupree as perfect examples.

The one thing that is head scratching in these comments, is that they understand that there is a university policy in place, and that's why Williams is off the team. Stoops didn't just make a decision, he exercised the only option he had.

ashley
11/25/2013, 05:27 PM
Feed em for four years, give them a free education and a chance to make a lot of money and this is what you get. Seems to always come from the guys that didn't like discipline when they were here. I am sure the coaches weren't surprised.

8timechamps
11/25/2013, 05:28 PM
Williams now needs to polish his story for the NFL guys on why he was treated unfairly and why this won't be an issue for anyone that might draft him. Maybe these tweeters are trying to back up his story. That's the only reason I can conjure for them going public.

I think that could be what they're thinking, but that's kinda dumb too. Scouts/Coaches/GMs are going to favor Stoops' opinion above a couple of average players. But, as young as these guys are, they're probably thinking this is going to help Williams.

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2013, 06:03 PM
Feed em for four years, give them a free education and a chance to make a lot of money and this is what you get. Seems to always come from the guys that didn't like discipline when they were here. I am sure the coaches weren't surprised.

Jefferson and Stills were only here 3 years.

- Mr. Pedantic
:wink:

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2013, 06:06 PM
Remember when Walter C(walterfootball) said a coach said some disparaging things about TJ and everyone was like, " No Way! That Walter is full of the poop!"...and then TJ slid down to the bottom of the draft..

Soonerwake
11/25/2013, 06:10 PM
My guess is that a safety running north of 4.8 in the forty could be a reason too.. Just a guess...

There certainly appears to be an axe to grind here.

I Am Right
11/25/2013, 06:35 PM
Stills, you are beginning to look like Rodman, you going to N Korea next?

C&CDean
11/25/2013, 07:01 PM
AD, Curtis Lofton, Phil Loadholt, Sam Bradford, Gerald McCoy, and a host of others say "**** you Q-tip head and the TJ you rode in on."

For those that think weed is a harmless drug I offer these stoners as proof of how wrong you are.

SoonerMarkVA
11/25/2013, 07:15 PM
WTF is wrong with those two? Their Cali Trio member, Clay, had the game of his career, and all they can do is whine about someone who can't keep out of trouble?

I thought it was clear Stills was a punk last year, but I really didn't see it with Jefferson. This is really disappointing.

PLaw
11/25/2013, 07:21 PM
Blasting the coaches for dumping Williams, @tonyjefferson1: Another draft stock butchered

Williams chose to blow two drug tests breaking university rules and received the mandatory punishment. At that point, it was out of HCBS' hands.

Boomer and Bummer

EatLeadCommie
11/25/2013, 07:30 PM
Williams has 3 violations in 2 years. That's pretty bad.

Clay came in with Stills and TJ. I wonder what he thinks about all of this.

Don't understand why Stephenson is getting in on it. The kid got into some trouble too and Stoops gave him a second chance just like he did Broyles and Dusty D.

SoonerMarkVA
11/25/2013, 07:34 PM
I'd like to hear what Lynn McGruder has to say about all this bullsheet too. No one thought giving McGruder a chance was a good choice, but Stoops knew better and did it anyway and was absolutely vindicated.

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2013, 07:44 PM
another example of why twitter is the worst invention of all time

stoopified
11/25/2013, 07:46 PM
What I want to know is where are all the player tweets in support of Bob and his staff? I find it odd that only malcontents are engaged in this twitter war.

olevetonahill
11/25/2013, 07:49 PM
What I want to know is where are all the player tweets in support of Bob and his staff? I find it odd that only malcontents are engaged in this twitter war.

Prolly have better sense than to run off at the mouth on Tweeter.

Collier11
11/25/2013, 08:11 PM
Remember when Walter C(walterfootball) said a coach said some disparaging things about TJ and everyone was like, " No Way! That Walter is full of the poop!"...and then TJ slid down to the bottom of the draft..

Hasn't Walter done a few things over the last several months to hurt his credibility? Wasn't this one of them? Didn't Stoops address this and state that it never happened?

King Crimson
11/25/2013, 08:11 PM
I'd like to hear what Lynn McGruder has to say about all this bullsheet too. No one thought giving McGruder a chance was a good choice, but Stoops knew better and did it anyway and was absolutely vindicated.

legit point.

i never had negative feelings about Stills as a player...still don't....but he seemed to have all the tools and still make drops. didn't really ever seem to get better over his career or make me forget Mark Clayton.

i used to teach college for a living and you are always going to **** off people who are 20 years old with a sense of entitlement and overaccess to means of expression especially.

maybe Bob is a secret ******* who submarines his players NFL chances against his overall best interest....but his job is to coach Oklahoma football. when he stops doing that well, i'm concerned. now, this just sounds like noise.

okiewaker
11/25/2013, 08:13 PM
They turning out to be punks. Entitlement issues. Think they gods gift to football and to the OU program. F**k'em and good riddance to them. I bet the coaching staff is happy Stills and his troublesome self are GONE!

okiewaker
11/25/2013, 08:18 PM

Perfect^^^

King Crimson
11/25/2013, 08:19 PM
i don't know what the reality is here....but the staff has to maintain a measure of cred with the NFL. if they have concerns about a player, they have concerns. i don't care much about marijuana use a thing of moral value.....but, some do. those are the rules for scholarship athletes and the law. i bet the staff looks the other way a lot on that issue.

i've had students i like ask me to write them recommendations but i have to be honest in writing recs. if they are smart kids who are also interesting people i value that on a personal level....but if they don't come to class sometimes. or turn stuff in late. i have to consider that, too. when i am writing to NYU or something. i can puff them up but i'm not doing my job that way.

i always tell the students this is what i am going to say about you.

Bob and Co. need to maintain their credibility with NFL peoples i think.

ashley
11/25/2013, 08:21 PM
Ok, OK you made your point. I was talking in general terms, couldn't you figure that out.

Therealsouthsider
11/25/2013, 09:53 PM
...what amazes me is the lengths the staff goes too to give jackasses an opportunity at a free education

ss

swardboy
11/26/2013, 08:45 AM
So did Stills get a degree?

birddog
11/26/2013, 09:21 AM
Williams always seemed like a knucklehead but i don't think he's a bad kid. I may be way off but everyone has to get humbled/have their asses handed to them to continue improving in life. DD will say what's up when/if he learns from his mistakes

yankee
11/26/2013, 09:41 AM
Isn't one of the big selling points to HS recruits about how many players OU gets drafted/put in the NFL? Why would Stoops and company purposely try to negate that selling point by "hurting" one of their own players' draft stocks? Doesn't make sense.

olevetonahill
11/26/2013, 09:49 AM
Screw em and their
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJTmPJQnRx-uKZiVk7gPUjsa648RujIRWb70IEXjUexvPk6JQ8MA

picasso
11/26/2013, 10:04 AM
Williams always seemed like a knucklehead but i don't think he's a bad kid. I may be way off but everyone has to get humbled/have their asses handed to them to continue improving in life. DD will say what's up when/if he learns from his mistakes
So true.

picasso
11/26/2013, 10:06 AM
Isn't one of the big selling points to HS recruits about how many players OU gets drafted/put in the NFL? Why would Stoops and company purposely try to negate that selling point by "hurting" one of their own players' draft stocks? Doesn't make sense.
There's that and why would a coach sabotage one kf his own player's careers? And especially a productive player.
Those cali boys aren't real bright.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/26/2013, 10:07 AM

Honestly, I can see Mike saying something last year. You come in and design a defense around the best player (Jefferson) expecting him to anchor it for 2 years. He doesn't have the kind of year you want him to have and then he bails after one year leaving you in a lurch. It had probably been a decade since a key player he'd invested so much into had been an early entrant and it probably stung.

Prodigal
11/26/2013, 10:21 AM
I don't think you need to be around a program with these types of kids for a while to understand it, but maybe you do. Anyone who has had their own kids involved in sports programs or dealt with this attitude in some way will likely understand why Stills and Jefferson were so much better contributors and teammates early on than they were in the latter part of their careers at OU.

This type of attitude is what is so destructive to programs, and the ones with the problems will never understand that they are the problem. It is getting harder and harder to find great players who can be consistent winners unless they are far outnumbered on the team by the right type of players without the ego and with the correct work ethic and attitude.

Prodigal
11/26/2013, 10:28 AM
Another thing: you will see in the future of these kids which ones actually have intelligence and good judgment when they are finally in a position to make their own decisions and manage their own lives instead of football coaches and team rules controlling them. Almost all of the ones like these guys will have their lives fall apart because they have no understanding of managing themselves, much less a football team or any type of family. This is proven over and over again with great players when they can't play anymore or when the coach or program lets them have too much influence.

DarrellZero
11/26/2013, 10:30 AM
TJ should be angrier at Tavon Austin than the coaching staff.

PrideMom
11/26/2013, 11:10 AM
Seems like this younger generation will never understand the word: responsibility. They always want to point the finger at someone else. My mother always said that "when a finger is pointing, there is always four point back."

oudanny
11/26/2013, 11:25 AM
Looks to me like Williams sabotoged his own career. He didn't need any help. I don't know why those morons can't see that.

Ruf/Nek7
11/26/2013, 12:45 PM
They want us to be more like $EC schools where we turn a blind eye and allow multiple screw ups. I am looking at you Urban Meyer and your Florida days....Aaron Hernandez.

PrideMom
11/26/2013, 12:54 PM
They want us to be more like $EC schools where we turn a blind eye and allow multiple screw ups. I am looking at you Urban Meyer and your Florida days....Aaron Hernandez.

Great point! Watching Auburn, Oregon and USC get slap wrists just burns me.

8timechamps
11/26/2013, 01:53 PM
This really isn't a new phenomenon.

Brian Bozworth comes to mind. The only difference is, he didn't have instant access to social media. They're kids, and they'll either learn, or they won't.

KantoSooner
11/26/2013, 04:38 PM
A short homily: I worked (if it could be called that) at my undergrad college radio station. Much fun. Also much breaking of a entire raft of FCC rules and general good practices. Some stuff was modestly serious, some was annoyingly petty. Still, they were rules and we broke 'em.
A new manager (also a student) came in and had to face up to numerous authorities who wanted to close the station down. He finally had to sit the pirates down and try to get compliance. So, what did we do? We pissed and moaned about heavy handed enforcement, tried to relitigate the rules; basically anything we could to keep on doing things our way. We were finally banned from the station and the whole thing was switched over to NPR. What had been an awesome little indie music radio station was destroyed.
Took me several years to finally get that it wasn't that 'tool' who'd done it to us, but rather that we'd done it to ourselves.

Moral: sometimes young men (in particular) are ****ed in the head and don't understand from the imperatives that rule the lives of even the top guy in an organization.

olevetonahill
11/26/2013, 04:49 PM
A short homily: I worked (if it could be called that) at my undergrad college radio station. Much fun. Also much breaking of a entire raft of FCC rules and general good practices. Some stuff was modestly serious, some was annoyingly petty. Still, they were rules and we broke 'em.
A new manager (also a student) came in and had to face up to numerous authorities who wanted to close the station down. He finally had to sit the pirates down and try to get compliance. So, what did we do? We pissed and moaned about heavy handed enforcement, tried to relitigate the rules; basically anything we could to keep on doing things our way. We were finally banned from the station and the whole thing was switched over to NPR. What had been an awesome little indie music radio station was destroyed.
Took me several years to finally get that it wasn't that 'tool' who'd done it to us, but rather that we'd done it to ourselves.

Moral:
sometimes young men (in particular) are ****ed in the head and don't understand from the imperatives that rule the lives of even the top guy in an organization.

Sometimes? Surely you jest.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/26/2013, 05:02 PM
TJ on with Traber...Apparently, he didn't mean to sound harsh towards Bob or the program.

olevetonahill
11/26/2013, 05:09 PM
TJ on with Traber...Apparently, he didn't mean to sound harsh towards Bob or the program.

Or Hes backin down, Which is it Ya think?

SanJoaquinSooner
11/26/2013, 05:12 PM
what the big deal? Sooner posters, on a public forum, criticize Bob and Josh on a daily basis.

SicEmBaylor
11/26/2013, 05:15 PM

Moral: sometimes young men (in particular) are ****ed in the head and don't understand from the imperatives that rule the lives of even the top guy in an organization.

I applaud this. I'm ideologically opposed to regulating airwaves.

Scott D
11/26/2013, 05:22 PM
I think Madu is still upset about Family Guy this past sunday ;)

KantoSooner
11/26/2013, 05:53 PM
I applaud this. I'm ideologically opposed to regulating airwaves.

There's that but, a) the airwaves are owned in common, thus our elected authorities have some logical control over them; and, b) it wasn't my station; I was playing with someone else's money. And those someone's had told me to play nice.

PS: insisting on loop playing The Stranglers' 'Bring on the Nubiles' with the chorus of "Let me, Let me, f*ck you, f*ck you" without the 'bleep' on for the better part of 30 minutes with the studio door locked from the inside was probably not, even in the most extreme of worlds, an action is support of free expression and art. It was just crude, juvenile defiance. But then, I was crude, juvenile and defiant, there you have it.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/26/2013, 06:07 PM
It was just crude, juvenile defiance. But then, I was crude, juvenile and defiant, there you have it.

What is this "was" stuff? ;)

Soonerjeepman
11/26/2013, 08:18 PM
what the big deal? Sooner posters, on a public forum, criticize Bob and Josh on a daily basis.

because they had inside access to the program, so the insinuation is that they "know" more about what is really going on...true or not but that is the perceived idea.

colleyvillesooner
11/26/2013, 09:31 PM
The apology from Kenny:

I apologize for using Twitter to vent yesterday. A lot gets lost in translation when you communicate 140 characters at a time. I love OU and our fans and the last thing I want to be is a distraction to the team. Especially as they prepare for OkState. As always, appreciate you guys. #BoomerSooner #TwitterLessonLearned

rock on sooner
11/26/2013, 09:39 PM
There's that but, a) the airwaves are owned in common, thus our elected authorities have some logical control over them; and, b) it wasn't my station; I was playing with someone else's money. And those someone's had told me to play nice.

PS: insisting on loop playing The Stranglers' 'Bring on the Nubiles' with the chorus of "Let me, Let me, f*ck you, f*ck you" without the 'bleep' on for the better part of 30 minutes with the studio door locked from the inside was probably not, even in the most extreme of worlds, an action is support of free expression and art. It was just crude, juvenile defiance. But then, I was crude, juvenile and defiant, there you have it.

Heh, once upon a time, I, too, was an on air DJ in a college town located
in the BUCKLE of the Bible Belt. One Saturday night, I played, uncut, an LP
from Woodstock, most prominently, Country Joe and the Fish and their anthem.
There weren't no discussion er nuthin...say "AMF"...

Turd_Ferguson
11/26/2013, 09:47 PM
Are you high...again?

rock on sooner
11/26/2013, 09:53 PM
Are you high...again?

Naw, TF, jus memberin tha good ol days...jus pi$$in off ol fogies..
yew know, tha narrow minded ones...

rock on sooner
11/26/2013, 10:01 PM
Just thot of sumpin...most of the pups on this board prolly
don't know Country Joe and his Anthem....Vet duz, tho...

olevetonahill
11/26/2013, 10:10 PM
The apology from Kenny:

Thats Cool, I always Liked both of em but was willing to throw em to the dogs over this crap.
Glad they woke up and smelled the coffee!

olevetonahill
11/26/2013, 10:12 PM

Gimme an F lol

olevetonahill
11/26/2013, 10:16 PM
Just thot of sumpin...most of the pups on this board prolly
don't know Country Joe and his Anthem....Vet duz, tho...

Heh would play that sometimes before we moved out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScxI94XDdtY

rock on sooner
11/26/2013, 10:18 PM
Gimme an F lol

What wuz RILLY funny wuz 500,000 love children did just that!

Tha Eff, tha yew, tha see, and tha 'K. The ol biddy that owned
the station dint have guts ta fire me, sent her station manager
instead...changed history...:devilish::drunk:

70sooner
11/27/2013, 07:54 AM
Grew up in B-ville and a buddy of mine who moved here from Pennsylvania was hired on as the jock on the local AM station. This was around 1972-73. He was the evening guy and this was when a lot of stations signed off at midnight or one in the morning. On occasion, he would sign off with Hendrix version of the Star Spangled banner and as I remember, he never got into trouble for it, surprisingly enough. He played a lot of music you did not normally hear on AM stations back in that day, especially in this part of the country....

FaninAma
11/27/2013, 10:14 AM
You might tend to think more logically than some of these numb nuts.
Yeah, because we know bending the rules for some players and not for others does wonders for team morale.

I suspected there were some problems with team chemistry last year and I now see the culprits behind that.

Mjcpr
11/27/2013, 10:21 AM
Yeah, because we know bending the rules for some players and not for others does wonders for team morale.

I suspected there were some problems with team chemistry last year and I now see the culprits behind that.

What does this have to do with me agreeing with jkm?

badger
11/27/2013, 10:43 AM
I predicted this (http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sports/ou/ou-sports-stills-jefferson-back-off-their-criticism-of-the/article_3e37bbbc-5776-11e3-b0e2-0019bb30f31a.html) as soon as they started tweeting a few days ago:

"I apologize for using Twitter to vent yesterday," Stills tweeted. "A lot gets lost in translation when you communicate 140 characters at a time. I love OU and our fans and the last thing I want to be is a distraction to the team. Especially as they prepare for OkState. As always, appreciate you guys. #BoomerSooner #TwitterLessonLearned."

"What I was saying was from the standpoint of a guy who grew up with Damien and who recruited him to Oklahoma," Jefferson told Traber. "It was disheartening to find he'd been kicked off the team. What I know from Damien and the hard work he's put in, it was disheartening to see that.

Mjcpr
11/27/2013, 10:47 AM
I predicted this (http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sports/ou/ou-sports-stills-jefferson-back-off-their-criticism-of-the/article_3e37bbbc-5776-11e3-b0e2-0019bb30f31a.html) as soon as they started tweeting a few days ago:

We do appreciate your giving it up to yourself.

FaninAma
11/27/2013, 10:56 AM

correct me if I am wrong but it appeas that JKM feels Williams shouldn't have been kicked off the team because he plays a lot at a position that now has less depth and because he is a senior. That opinion,IMO, is not a logic based opinion.

Last time I checked football is a team sport. Players notice when team rules are enforced selectively and it is bad for team morale. I would expect a coach to enforce the rules for all players consistently.

badger
11/27/2013, 10:59 AM
We do appreciate your giving it up to yourself.

I should have said "we all predicted this" :D I might has well have predicted that black friday would be a busy shopping day.

Still, it begs the question: If every twitter rant is soon, without fail, followed by an apology for going on a twitter rant, why do athletes still do it in the first place :(

BoulderSooner79
11/27/2013, 11:19 AM
I should have said "we all predicted this" :D I might has well have predicted that black friday would be a busy shopping day.

Still, it begs the question: If every twitter rant is soon, without fail, followed by an apology for going on a twitter rant, why do athletes still do it in the first place :(

It's not just athletes, it seems to be a disease contracted by tweeting. But only folks with "celeb" status have their tweets end up in the news.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/27/2013, 11:27 AM

correct me if I am wrong but it appeas that JKM feels Williams shouldn't have been kicked off the team because he plays a lot at a position that now has less depth and because he is a senior. That opinion,IMO, is not a logic based opinion.

Last time I checked football is a team sport. Players notice when team rules are enforced selectively and it is bad for team morale. I would expect a coach to enforce the rules for all players consistently.

I'm pretty sure JKM was being sarcastic

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/27/2013, 11:35 AM

My post was based on this quote: @Don59Wayne: Oh that's right Breenan Clay is playing well they probably just didnt need him anymore..

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/27/2013, 11:36 AM

You've been doing that a lot lately. Are you well?

birddog
11/27/2013, 11:37 AM
I think Madu is still upset about Family Guy this past sunday ;)

Elaborate. I'm intrigued

badger
11/27/2013, 11:39 AM
Elaborate. I'm intrigued

They killed Top Dawg and replaced it with a Horse Pig. :(

FaninAma
11/27/2013, 11:40 AM

I apologize if your post was meant to convey sarcasm. It's reassuring that you don't have a problem with Williams being kicked off the team.

Soonerjeepman
11/27/2013, 11:59 AM
"What I was saying was from the standpoint of a guy who grew up with Damien and who recruited him to Oklahoma," Jefferson told Traber. "It was disheartening to find he'd been kicked off the team. What I know from Damien and the hard work he's put in, it was disheartening to see that.

The problem with that is HE was also doing whatever it was he did to get kicked off the team. THAT is on him and only him. Hopefully Jefferson understands that...when he says is was "disheartening"...yes, that DW TOTALLY screwed himself...

Mjcpr
11/27/2013, 12:16 PM

I feel like I might be in one of those Snickers commercials. :D

badger
11/27/2013, 12:40 PM
I feel like I might be in one of those Snickers commercials. :D

Who would you turn into? Bo Pelini or Betty White

bluedogok
11/27/2013, 12:55 PM
Better than turning into Carl Pelini....

badger
11/27/2013, 12:58 PM
Better than turning into Carl Pelini....

He's the love child of Bo Pelini and Betty White

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/27/2013, 01:04 PM

Are you saying he pees himself?

badger
11/27/2013, 01:06 PM
Are you saying he pees himself?
Only when trying to avoid drug tests

Mjcpr
11/27/2013, 01:38 PM
Only when trying to avoid drug tests

I have obtained the use of Mike Tyson's "whizzer".

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/27/2013, 02:02 PM
Yes this would make a really good snickers commercial

http://deadspin.com/5666888/bo-pelini-is-pissed-in-both-senses-of-the-word

achiro
11/27/2013, 03:44 PM
Sounds like Rufus isn't a fan of the Cali boys:

Rufus Alexander ‏@Rufus_Alexander 18h
I love my university don't say you appreciate your scholarship when you say dumb **** about your university.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
I may not have played long in the league but I did take advantage of the free education that I wasn't sabotaged from.
Story in every college some choose to blame the system and some choose to work there *** off to make it.
I wouldn't say recuriting is down I would say you people who didn't step out of there own way to become better or great. Kids have the same
Careers. it's amazing recruiting didn't start going down hell till all these entitled players came into the program. And I wouldn't say

So have many other players before you stand up for a player that has so many chances and say dumb **** like the Coaches are sabotaging
I didn't blame my coach for it, I came from a single parent house hold and didn't have much either so I took advantage of My opportunities
You can only blame a coach for so much but I've also had friends that kicked off the team for dumb stuff that were in there control
That makes me mad because the same **** they went through I went through in college the hard workouts, being broke, the tough coaching.
I stayed away from drugs and Coach Stoops was transparent. For these young guys to come and try to destroy with took so hard to build
You know I was grateful for the time I spent at ou, for my scholarship, for the opportunity i was given. I took advantage of the chances.
Rufus Alexander ‏@Rufus_Alexander 26 Nov
@rtreadwell41 lol man that's funny yeah sure the coaching staff is sabotaging careers dumbest **** I ever heard.
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rufus Alexander ‏@Rufus_Alexander 25 Nov
They just don't make them like they use to.

70sooner
11/27/2013, 03:59 PM
now there is somebody who will always accept any blame if deserved.

telling it like it is.

props to Rufus!

badger
11/27/2013, 05:15 PM
holy cow rufus. somebody give him more than 140 characters :D

swardboy
11/27/2013, 05:50 PM
Ruuuuuuuuuuuuufus!!!!!!!! Sounds like he's doing well these days...as a responsible young man should be doing.

birddog
11/27/2013, 06:30 PM
I really like the rufus Alexander show. Don't get to hear it often but he does a great job

Scott D
11/27/2013, 07:26 PM
Elaborate. I'm intrigued

Other than a single tweet saying he felt bad for Damien, most of his stuff on the 25th were retweets about them killing off Brian on Family Guy.

PalmBeachSooner
11/30/2013, 06:53 PM
Williams chose to blow two drug tests breaking university rules and received the mandatory punishment. At that point, it was out of HCBS' hands.

Boomer and Bummer

I think all students on a full-ride scholarship should be subjected to drug testing not just student-athletes. Just because Mary Jane Rottencrotch is on a full liberal arts scholarship, doesn't mean she should be able to smoke dope. She's breaking school policy but unless she were busted ain't nobody going to give a schmidt.

OkieThunderLion
12/1/2013, 09:49 PM
After Rufus, PT, Runnels, and Dusty called out Stills & Jefferson, they completely back-tracked.

They talk stupid because they are 22. Period.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2013, 10:55 PM
After Rufus, PT, Runnels, and Dusty called out Stills & Jefferson, they completely back-tracked.

They talk stupid because they are 22. Period.

*and* something called twitter exists. Being 22 and emotionally volatile is nothing new. Having everyone and his dog know about what and when it happens is new.

SoCalBigRed
12/2/2013, 05:40 AM
I don't think you need to be around a program with these types of kids for a while to understand it, but maybe you do. Anyone who has had their own kids involved in sports programs or dealt with this attitude in some way will likely understand why Stills and Jefferson were so much better contributors and teammates early on than they were in the latter part of their careers at OU.

This type of attitude is what is so destructive to programs, and the ones with the problems will never understand that they are the problem. It is getting harder and harder to find great players who can be consistent winners unless they are far outnumbered on the team by the right type of players without the ego and with the correct work ethic and attitude.

This right here.

Why we won the NC in 2000. We had a bunch of Josh's, Rocky's, Clayton's... etc, that were as much heart, if not more... than talent. Brains to.

Getting harder and harder to put a group of kids together, with that group mindthink.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/2/2013, 03:46 PM
Both guys said they were proud to be Sooners and that's good enough for me. You can talk about the family if you're in the family. If you're not, then **** you!

bluedogok
12/2/2013, 11:14 PM
*and* something called twitter exists. Being 22 and emotionally volatile is nothing new. Having everyone and his dog know about what and when it happens is new.
I remember when I was 22....I needed a clutch between my mind and my mouth as well.