PDA

View Full Version : Can I Be a Democrat?

I Am Right
11/25/2013, 01:02 PM
1. Democrats love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my German Shepherd.
2. Democrats believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.
3. Democrats believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
4. Democrats believe Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody Is offended by it.
5. Democrats believe they are too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
6. Democrats believe that people who can't tell us if It will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a GM Chevy Volt.
7. Democrats are not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
8. Democrats think illegal aliens have a right to free health-care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the social security from those who paid into it.
9. Democrats believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.
10. Democrats believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
11. Democrats think that it's better to pay billions for their oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish.
12. Democrats have their head is so firmly planted up Their *** it's unlikely that they will ever have another point of view.

NOPE! Can't be a Democrat!

KantoSooner
11/25/2013, 01:44 PM
LOL, What brought that on? We won our football game and the weather's at least showing signs of getting better.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/25/2013, 03:04 PM
1. Democrats love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my German Shepherd.
2. Democrats believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.
3. Democrats believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
4. Democrats believe Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody Is offended by it.
5. Democrats believe they are too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
6. Democrats believe that people who can't tell us if It will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a GM Chevy Volt.
7. Democrats are not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
8. Democrats think illegal aliens have a right to free health-care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the social security from those who paid into it.
9. Democrats believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.
10. Democrats believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
11. Democrats think that it's better to pay billions for their oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish.
12. Democrats have their head is so firmly planted up Their *** it's unlikely that they will ever have another point of view.

NOPE! Can't be a Democrat!no wonder you've been redspekked hard...you're too controversial. (controversial = call out the Left)

Soonerjeepman
11/25/2013, 03:32 PM
nice...

badger
11/25/2013, 03:40 PM
Democrats believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would
They probably would :P

and can this get moved to obamafest?

11/25/2013, 03:49 PM
They probably would :P

well, you did admit to voting for one for governor of OK.

badger
11/25/2013, 04:10 PM
well, you did admit to voting for one for governor of OK.

Jari Askins would be a Republican in most states. And she was more qualified than Mary Fallin. I take 100 percent ownership of my Askins-over-Fallin vote

11/25/2013, 04:33 PM
I take 100 percent ownership of my Askins-over-Fallin voteI know you did/do. Reaffirming wasn't necessary.

I Am Right
11/25/2013, 06:23 PM
no wonder you've been redspekked hard...you're too controversial. (controversial = call out the Left)

Truth is always hard for some, Occupy crowd doesn't like me very much, redspekked all you want

C&CDean
11/25/2013, 06:53 PM
Can you be a democrat? Can you lobotomize yourself with a rusty spoon? Pretty much the same thing.

okiegirl
11/25/2013, 11:35 PM
Jari Askins would be a Republican in most states. And she was more qualified than Mary Fallin. I take 100 percent ownership of my Askins-over-Fallin vote... That is not fair, by todays standards JFK would have been a conservative!

11/26/2013, 12:23 AM
...by todays standards JFK would have been a conservative!He knew that lowering tax rates created more revenue for the govt. That made him light years ahead of todays' democrats.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/26/2013, 04:54 PM

pub: "what wrong with AMERICAN shepherds, you traitor!"

rock on sooner
11/26/2013, 05:08 PM

Doesn't make any difference, GERMAN Shepherd turned down his
marriage proposal!

Turd_Ferguson
11/26/2013, 06:49 PM

Doesn't make any difference, GERMAN Shepherd turned down his
marriage proposal!

Deflection...typical lib. lol.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/26/2013, 08:20 PM
As a libertarian, I am perfectly ok with you marrying your dog, your couch, or anything you care to marry because it is none of the government's concern.

Just make sure you supply your own birth control.

Turd_Ferguson
11/26/2013, 09:05 PM
As a libertarian, I am perfectly ok with you marrying your dog, your couch, or anything you care to marry because it is none of the government's concern.

I'm sure the gubment is all for it. More money in marriage licensing...

rock on sooner
11/26/2013, 09:15 PM
Deflection...typical lib. lol.

Heh, nope, jus a smart Kraut...

olevetonahill
11/26/2013, 09:16 PM
Its a Painful process to become a democrat. you have to endure several surgeries, 1St ya have to be castrated, cause you wont need yer balls anymore. Then since ya want to be a Girl (like Dean said) You have to endure a Lobotomy to remove 1/2 yer Brains, This enables you to become a Full fledged Girl at this point

But Wait theres MORE
Now that you've lost yer balls and 1/2 yer brains you are Just now eligible to become a Democrat .
You have to go thru ANOTHER Lobotomy to remover 1/2 of yer remaining Brains. Once thats done then you may get yer Card.

rock on sooner
11/26/2013, 09:19 PM
Its a Painful process to become a democrat. you have to endure several surgeries, 1St ya have to be castrated, cause you wont need yer balls anymore. Then since ya want to be a Girl (like Dean said) You have to endure a Lobotomy to remove 1/2 yer Brains, This enables you to become a Full fledged Girl at this point

But Wait theres MORE
Now that you've lost yer balls and 1/2 yer brains you are Just now eligible to become a Democrat .
You have to go thru ANOTHER Lobotomy to remover 1/2 of yer remaining Brains. Once thats done then you may get yer Card.

Holy Crap, Vet! Yew sure did a buncha thinkin bout this....hope ya
dint hurt nuthin!!:cocksure:

Turd_Ferguson
11/26/2013, 09:21 PM
Heh, nope, jus a smart Kraut...

Please point out the "smart" part.

rock on sooner
11/26/2013, 09:23 PM
Please point out the "smart" part.

'K, not marryin a provert...:biggrin:

11/27/2013, 12:46 AM
I'm sure the gubment is all for it. More money in marriage licensing...Licensing schmicensing, if it ain't enough, they'll just print more. It never ends...or does it?

olevetonahill
11/27/2013, 01:04 AM
Holy Crap, Vet! Yew sure did a buncha thinkin bout this....hope ya
dint hurt nuthin!!:cocksure:

Nuthin hurt, Ima Repub LOL

Jason White's Third Knee
11/29/2013, 08:29 PM

I'm sure the gubment is all for it. More money in marriage licensing...

My view is that a government shouldn't have anything to do with marriage. Period. Ever. But yeah, now any way to suck money from ya...

11/30/2013, 12:34 AM
My view is that a government shouldn't have anything to do with marriage. Period. Ever. But yeah, now any way to suck money from ya...It's all(taxes, licenses, fines) sorta moot any more, really, considering the government's willingness to create(print) more money.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/30/2013, 01:14 AM
QK3Eo9cScEQ

11/30/2013, 10:59 AM
QK3Eo9cScEQTrolling for green speck?..good for you!

SanJoaquinSooner
11/30/2013, 01:49 PM
Trolling for green speck?..good for you!

It's just a reminder how far the quality of pub candidates has fallen since Reagan.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01477/bush_1477521c.jpg

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/files/romney1_0.jpg

http://thedailybanter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/ted_cruz_shutdown_sequel.jpg

lexsooner
11/30/2013, 05:00 PM
My view is that a government shouldn't have anything to do with marriage. Period. Ever. But yeah, now any way to suck money from ya...

Tell that to the folks who want government out of their dang lives but demand laws be passed banning same sex marriage, teaching creation "science," banning Sharia law, making abortions next to impossible, etc. . . . but don't want no government in their lives or nuthin!

11/30/2013, 08:55 PM
Tell that to the folks who want government out of their dang lives but demand laws... making abortions next to impossible, etc. Yet, murder is still against the law in the USA! Go figger!

yermom
11/30/2013, 09:50 PM
so replace abortion with gay marriage

KantoSooner
12/2/2013, 09:54 AM
Yet, murder is still against the law in the USA! Go figger!

It would be kind of interesting to imagine what society would be like if all laws had to rise to the level of consensus acceptability of sanctions against murder. It'd be a pretty limited government.

12/2/2013, 12:28 PM
It would be kind of interesting to imagine what society would be like if all laws had to rise to the level of consensus acceptability of sanctions against murder. It'd be a pretty limited government.Wouldn't be all that limited if laws could be skirted like the law against taking someone's life.

KantoSooner
12/4/2013, 10:49 AM
You'd just have to have a consensus on what that meant. No consensus, no law. Extreme limited gov. Not workable, of course (the Athenian Democracy Problem), but interesting to think about.

jkjsooner
12/4/2013, 11:58 AM
He knew that lowering tax rates created more revenue for the govt. That made him light years ahead of todays' democrats.

Rush, you state that as if it's a universal truth. It's complicated but most people realize that there's a point where this is true and a point where this is not true. Somehow I think you're one of the few who don't get it.

So, let me give you a simple example that maybe you can understand. Let's say our tax rate is 1% and I suggest we lower it to 0%. Does that raise revenue?

The argument isn't whether lowering tax rates always raise revenue. That's an absurd argument as the example provided above demonstrates. The question is which side of the curve are we on and that is a debatable point. Considering taxes have been systematically lowered for 30 years, I think one can make a strong argument that further decreases in rates will not result in higher revenue. (And, of course this curve isn't set in stone as it depends on external factors such as where we are in an economic cycle, etc.)

But, anyway, I know this is too much thinking for you so I'll let you go back to your one sentence soundbites.

12/4/2013, 03:16 PM
Rush, you state that as if it's a universal truth. It's complicated but most people realize that there's a point where this is true and a point where this is not true. Somehow I think you're one of the few who don't get it.

So, let me give you a simple example that maybe you can understand. Let's say our tax rate is 1% and I suggest we lower it to 0%. Does that raise revenue?

The argument isn't whether lowering tax rates always raise revenue. That's an absurd argument as the example provided above demonstrates. The question is which side of the curve are we on and that is a debatable point. Considering taxes have been systematically lowered for 30 years, I think one can make a strong argument that further decreases in rates will not result in higher revenue. (And, of course this curve isn't set in stone as it depends on external factors such as where we are in an economic cycle, etc.)

But, anyway, I know this is too much thinking for you so I'll let you go back to your one sentence soundbites.IOW, rather than admitting that lowering tax rates can actually provide more revenue to a government, you choose explain how that can't always be the case, as if that isn't apparent, and then, since most libs can't resist, you play the usual stupid card. Bravo! I was wondering if you were still the same.