PDA

View Full Version : The Problem with BU -- A MikeInNorman Perspective

MikeInNorman
11/25/2013, 09:51 AM
http://i.imgflip.com/50npl.jpg

birddog
11/25/2013, 09:58 AM
Yeah, showboatin is much more enjoyable when you actually win.

SoonerMarkVA
11/25/2013, 10:02 AM
POW!

PrideMom
11/25/2013, 10:07 AM
Couldn't handle the pressure!! When you have never been there before, it is strange territory, and very scary!!! Baylor let that first fumble predict the rest of the game....Baylor never got their composer back. OSU is good, but not that good......

olevetonahill
11/25/2013, 10:10 AM
They still KICKED OUR ***.

badger
11/25/2013, 10:12 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/43290449.jpg
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/43290497.jpg
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/43290526.jpg

picasso
11/25/2013, 11:19 AM

Yes they did. And I think Texas beat us even worse.

But this is probably the best Baylor team ever and they lost to Pokey.
Kinda like Pokey's best team ever losing to Iowa State.
Pretty funny.

MikeInNorman
11/25/2013, 12:11 PM
The reason I rolled this out was because of the condescending and smug post from SicEm, who apparently imagined himself a pipe-smoking professor of football, sent to SoonerFans to enlighten the masses on how things are done at mighty Baylor. I normally don't think about Baylor and when I do it is a nightmare that the BoogeyGriner-Man is coming to get me.

Anyway, congratulations, Baylor. You are having your greatest season in history, and smoking OU on your home field is apparently the biggest thing since Wednesday night church got a little more optional. Understood. But remember this: Oklahoma has lost 312 games since football began here. Some of them, more than we would care, have been blowouts. Some of them have been to arrivistes and parvenus. Two of them have been to Baylor. To put than in perspective, five of them have been to Iowa State.

So please, next time you feel compelled to lecture Oklahoma fans on the excitement and accomplishment of just how you did it, how you rose to the top, remember that OU has passed this way before and could frankly care less that Texas High School Coaches love love love Art Briles.

KantoSooner
11/25/2013, 12:32 PM
It will be interesting to see how Baylor bounces back from what has to have been a shock to the system loss at Poke. Now they face TCU and Texas. Whaddya think? 0-2? 1-1? 2-0? None of those results would truly surprise me.

lexsooner
11/25/2013, 12:48 PM
Yeah, showboatin is much more enjoyable when you actually win.

The Baylor thug who gave the cheap shot to Shepard and then did a victory dance after he was reinstated and Shepard was still down with a concussion - where was his dance on Saturday night?

badger
11/25/2013, 01:29 PM
The reason I rolled this out was because of the condescending and smug post from SicEm, who apparently imagined himself a pipe-smoking professor of football

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/43294930.jpg

You are having your greatest season in history, and smoking OU on your home field is apparently the biggest thing since Wednesday night church got a little more optional.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/43295030.jpg

So please, next time you feel compelled to lecture Oklahoma fans on the excitement and accomplishment of just how you did it, how you rose to the top, remember that OU has passed this way before and could frankly care less that Texas High School Coaches love love love Art Briles.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/43295178.jpg
PS: I swear I'm done meme generating

SoonerMarkVA
11/25/2013, 07:25 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/43294930.jpg

Holy cow, is that Snelly's grandson? I can almost hear him saying Baylor's on a collision course with the NC and the only variable is time! :)

SicEmBaylor
11/25/2013, 07:27 PM
The reason I rolled this out was because of the condescending and smug post from SicEm, who apparently imagined himself a pipe-smoking professor of football, sent to SoonerFans to enlighten the masses on how things are done at mighty Baylor. I normally don't think about Baylor and when I do it is a nightmare that the BoogeyGriner-Man is coming to get me.

Anyway, congratulations, Baylor. You are having your greatest season in history, and smoking OU on your home field is apparently the biggest thing since Wednesday night church got a little more optional. Understood. But remember this: Oklahoma has lost 312 games since football began here. Some of them, more than we would care, have been blowouts. Some of them have been to arrivistes and parvenus. Two of them have been to Baylor. To put than in perspective, five of them have been to Iowa State.

The fact that some people still believe that post was written from a 'Baylor' perspective or had anything to do with Baylor is a pretty clear indication to me that some folks are just brain dead morons.

SicEmBaylor
11/25/2013, 07:28 PM
In any case, we suck on the road. Consistently winning big road games is the hallmark of a good program and we're clearly not there yet.

olevetonahill
11/25/2013, 07:42 PM
Yes they did. And I think Texas beat us even worse.

But this is probably the best Baylor team ever and they lost to Pokey.
Kinda like Pokey's best team ever losing to Iowa State.
Pretty funny.

Still hard for me to Laugh at a team thats Spanked us. Now their Fans on the other hand :friendly_wink:

olevetonahill
11/25/2013, 07:45 PM
The fact that some people still believe that post was written from a 'Baylor' perspective or had anything to do with Baylor is a pretty clear indication to me that some folks are just brain dead morons.

Its Ok Sic, YOU will ALWAYS be our Girl.

SoonerStormchaser
11/25/2013, 08:46 PM
I was praying they'd win...mostly cause Ohio State has no business being mentioned for the title game.

King Crimson
11/25/2013, 09:01 PM

you say that, but the first sentence of your post is about Art Briles.....so i think you are working a couple motives here. puffing up is one of them.

and while the HS coaches in Texas may love Art they have never historically loved Baylor or gone against UT for long. Briles has some hate thing for UT which speaks to him as a person but we all know who runs the show down there. the only SWC school never on probation much is Texas. it's not because they are clean, either.

i loved Bama fan post. it's the SEC.

King Crimson
11/25/2013, 09:03 PM
i remember not so long ago Kansas won the Orange Bowl.

sooneron
11/25/2013, 09:36 PM
you say that, but the first sentence of your post is about Art Briles.....so i think you are working a couple motives here. puffing up is one of them.

ZANG!

SicEmBaylor
11/25/2013, 09:49 PM

and while the HS coaches in Texas may love Art they have never historically loved Baylor or gone against UT for long. Briles has some hate thing for UT which speaks to him as a person but we all know who runs the show down there. the only SWC school never on probation much is Texas. it's not because they are clean, either.

i loved Bama fan post. it's the SEC.

It was a comparison that would have been relevant whether I was a Baylor fan or not. I could have substituted Briles with any number of coaches, but I'm most familiar with CAB thus I went with him.

SicEmBaylor
11/25/2013, 10:29 PM
I've never ever had a second/troll account here or anywhere else before, but I'm seriously considering creating another account strictly as an OU fan so that I can say stuff about OU without being interpreted, bizarrely, as representative of some official Baylor opinion on the subject matter.

OUinFLA
11/25/2013, 11:29 PM
make it SicEmOU
no one will ever know

starclassic tama
11/25/2013, 11:40 PM
don't pay attention to the haters sicem. most of us aren't whiners who can't handle reading any criticism about OU. you have more than earned enough credibility as a non-troll to say whatever the hell you want IMO

8timechamps
11/26/2013, 01:22 AM
don't pay attention to the haters sicem. most of us aren't whiners who can't handle reading any criticism about OU. you have more than earned enough credibility as a non-troll to say whatever the hell you want IMO

I'll second this.

yermom
11/26/2013, 01:41 AM
Don't encourage him

olevetonahill
11/26/2013, 02:32 AM
Don't Feed the Bears

FIFY

rock on sooner
11/26/2013, 07:36 AM
make it SicEmOU
no one will ever know

That's funny...

olevetonahill
11/26/2013, 07:47 AM
That's funny...

Fer an OLD guy Bill can hit one out the park every now and Then.

badger
11/26/2013, 09:24 AM
I've never ever had a second/troll account here or anywhere else before, but I'm seriously considering creating another account strictly as an OU fan so that I can say stuff about OU without being interpreted, bizarrely, as representative of some official Baylor opinion on the subject matter.

Dude, you're Baylor. Own it! Is it really such a bad thing to be considered the official Baylor representative?

If you say it is, then I might have to meme-generator this thread to death again :D

Sooners78
11/26/2013, 10:22 AM

Agreed. And Sicem has a right to be proud. Baylor has a great team. I really wanted to see them play Bama. I do believe Bama would have eventually worn out the Bears in the trenches, but with some good execution on offense and a little luck, anything could have happened.

birddog
11/26/2013, 11:06 AM
It is a sad year when we have to pull for another team to beat someone we don't have a chance to play. Feels like pulling for the US during the world cup. Unfortunately I'm guilty of it more than I'd like to be. Makes u really wonder how the 2000 team went unscathed. I think we were all in shock and now look back on what they really did.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/26/2013, 11:11 AM

dis rite hur.

oupride
11/26/2013, 11:36 AM
I believe Baylor still has a slim chance to play in a BCS bowl if they win out. BU has plenty to play for.

badger
11/26/2013, 11:41 AM
I believe Baylor still has a slim chance to play in a BCS bowl if they win out. BU has plenty to play for.

We can help em out... if we feel like it :D

Widescreen
11/26/2013, 12:08 PM
Baylor fans are OU fans right now.

badger
11/26/2013, 12:22 PM

United front against the Poke menace [hairGel]

Tear Down This Wall
11/26/2013, 01:31 PM

Well, they've got decades of disappointment to draw on, so it'll feel like home to them while OSU is pummeling us.

Anyway,the reason Baylor lost to OSU is the same reason we've lost games - key injuries and lack of depth.

Both OU and Baylor have become so enamored of piling on points, that they don't play their backups enough. So, when key injuries do begin to hit, whomever is called upon to replace the fallen starters are ill-equipped for the task.

I'll never understand why, if you are up by five or six touchdowns at half, you run the starters back out in the third quarter. Switzer always pulled the starters at half - and, sometimes in the second quarter.

Get the backups some real playing time when you can because you are going to need those guys to be ready in the future, be it due to injury or graduation.

How many of us truly care about all the records Jason White and Landry Jones set as we sit here today? It would have been nice to know whether or not the QBs of 2005 and 2013 were going to suck ahead of time.

Anyway, Briles is apparently no different than Bob Stoops in that regard. He was surely soaking up the accolades of his 63+ point per game season right up until halftime of the game last weekend. And, he was probably delusional enough to believe Baylor had a miracle comeback in them.

You have to get backups experience. If wish Barry Switzer would kidnap Bob Stoops, tie him to a chair in a dimly lit room and b&tch slap him around until he promised to develop the backups during blowouts.

tycat947
11/26/2013, 03:43 PM

They still have to play the whorns in Old Yellar's final collegiate regular season game! The whorns ripped the hearts outta the aggies in their final Big 12 game, IIRC.

Widescreen
11/26/2013, 05:40 PM
Yes, I know. But they have some level of control over that game since they play it. They have no control over whether OU beats OSU or not. They're going to be rooting for us big time.

SicEmBaylor
11/27/2013, 06:57 PM
CAB has certainly suffered a lot of tragedy in his life....and today brought even more. His older brother (his only sibling) died from a head injury.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Brother-Of-Baylor-Head-Coach-Art-Briles-Dies-Of-Head-Injury-233683911.html

olevetonahill
11/27/2013, 08:02 PM
May he rest in Peace. any idea what caused it?

FaninAma
11/28/2013, 12:30 PM
In any case, we suck on the road. Consistently winning big road games is the hallmark of a good program and we're clearly not there yet.
Maybe instaed of just 8 home games you can get them all scheduled in Waco next year.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/28/2013, 02:55 PM
Kinda like the SEC does. That and only play 7 conference games so you can play Chattanooga in November.

yermom
11/28/2013, 03:20 PM

they said a fall in his home in another story i saw

SicEmBaylor
11/28/2013, 04:19 PM
I believe he fell off a ladder.

Maybe instaed of just 8 home games you can get them all scheduled in Waco next year.
That may not be too hard a sale for the other teams. Baylor Stadium opens in August and who wouldn't want to play there in its inaugural season?

yermom
11/28/2013, 04:51 PM
i'll be fine waiting a year, thankyouverymuch

Harris County Sooner
11/28/2013, 06:18 PM
That may not be too hard a sale for the other teams. Baylor Stadium opens in August and who wouldn't want to play there in its inaugural season?
Me

8timechamps
11/28/2013, 08:47 PM
CAB has certainly suffered a lot of tragedy in his life....and today brought even more. His older brother (his only sibling) died from a head injury.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Brother-Of-Baylor-Head-Coach-Art-Briles-Dies-Of-Head-Injury-233683911.html

After reading his book, I developed a lot of respect for Briles. When I saw the news of his brother, I thought "how much tragedy is this guy going to go through?!". At least he has a family of his own now, and he can take comfort in that. Still sucks though, I'm sure.

tycat947
11/30/2013, 11:18 PM
After reading his book, I developed a lot of respect for Briles. When I saw the news of his brother, I thought "how much tragedy is this guy going to go through?!". At least he has a family of his own now, and he can take comfort in that. Still sucks though, I'm sure.

Evidently, Gary Patterson isn't too respectful of Briles!

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2013/11/tcus-gary-patterson-rips-baylor-coach-art-briles.html/

lexsooner
11/30/2013, 11:27 PM
I can't blame Patterson for his anger. Dixon left the sidelines laughing it up while his victim was injured and recovering after being speared in the head by Dixon. Similarly, Sterling Shepard was on the ground with a concussion while the Baylor thug who hit him did a victory dance on the sidelines after being reinstated. What a bunch of thugs.

SoCalBigRed
12/2/2013, 05:26 AM

Yeah, because you were predicting an undefeated season and run at the Title, eh?

So what? 5 years from now, they'll still be Baylor and we'll still be OU.

SicEmBaylor
12/2/2013, 06:31 AM
Evidently, Gary Patterson isn't too respectful of Briles!

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2013/11/tcus-gary-patterson-rips-baylor-coach-art-briles.html/
Patterson is a fat overly-sweaty horse's ***.

I can't blame Patterson for his anger. Dixon left the sidelines laughing it up while his victim was injured and recovering after being speared in the head by Dixon. Similarly, Sterling Shepard was on the ground with a concussion while the Baylor thug who hit him did a victory dance on the sidelines after being reinstated. What a bunch of thugs.
Well, the problem is that the anger was misdirected. Patterson bitches to the media constantly about every g'damned thing he can think of to bitch about. He's a whiny ****head. The problem he has with Briles over this incident is that he evidently expected Briles to drop his headset in the middle of the game to deal with Dixon. I'm sure Briles has dealt and will continue to deal with Dixon, but expecting him to drop everything while the game is still going on is a crock of ****. Patterson then made a smart *** remark to Briles during the 'handshake' which wasn't much of a handshake. Briles told him to leave it on the field and move on which pissed him off even more.

There's a lot of bad blood between TCU and Baylor. Has been for well over 100 years.

Yeah, because you were predicting an undefeated season and run at the Title, eh?

So what? 5 years from now, they'll still be Baylor and we'll still be OU.
Thank God.

Widescreen
12/2/2013, 09:23 AM
Patterson is a fat overly-sweaty horse's ***.
And yet he wasn't wrong.

I'm sure Briles has dealt and will continue to deal with Dixon

That's speculation. The evidence as the season has unfolded does NOT support that. If he had dealt with it, it wouldn't continue to happen.

KantoSooner
12/2/2013, 09:28 AM
SicEm, you spoke earlier about how Baylor had this advantage connected to Art Briles sterling reputation. Just a note to the wise: failing to reign in a blatantly out of control player will not play well with at least a strong portion of the high school coaches and parents. A halo, once lost, is very hard to dust off and put back on.

SicEmBaylor
12/3/2013, 02:36 AM
SicEm, you spoke earlier about how Baylor had this advantage connected to Art Briles sterling reputation. Just a note to the wise: failing to reign in a blatantly out of control player will not play well with at least a strong portion of the high school coaches and parents. A halo, once lost, is very hard to dust off and put back on.

This is his one targeting violation on the season. A LOT of players have had targeting violations this season all around the country. He blew kisses on his way off the field which was stupid and inappropriate, but I've seen much much worse. His antics as he was going off the field was unjustifiable, but unless you have reason to believe that neither Art Briles nor anyone else on the coaching staff has addressed it then you're making an awful lot of assumptions.

He went off the field and was nowhere near Briles when he did so...Briles, by the way, was still trying to coach the game. I have every confidence that Briles has addressed this issue with Dixon.

KantoSooner
12/3/2013, 09:07 AM
SicEm, That's somewhat akin to noting that Justin Bieber has only one speeding ticket. Most serious football observers have been commenting all season long that Baylor's defensive secondary was targetting on pretty much every opportunity they had. You've talked about OU fans not wanting to face reality, this is a case of the pot calling the kettle.