PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports sucks

landrun
11/23/2013, 10:02 PM
These guys are such amateurs.

I hate it when OU plays on Fox.

Their broadcasters are second rate. Their production is second rate. And their web site is 10th rate.

You may hate ESPN, but at least they do things right!

When OU plays on ABC/ESPN you can go to their site and watch the game online. You can even go there after the game and watch a replay.

No so with Fox. I had to work today and all I've seen is Lockett burning our D three times, TK's pick and OUr pick six.

I just want to see the game. But because it was on Fox, I can't! :frown:

Therealsouthsider
11/23/2013, 10:09 PM
....what does the fox say? Not much

....I need Holakyles highlights so I can put it on apple tv, I had to listen to bits and pieces on the radio while I worked all day too....sucking fox

ss

SoonerInFortSmith
11/23/2013, 10:44 PM
I'm in the same boat. Worked all day. Someone will post the full game on YouTube sometime in the next 1 to 5 days.

landrun
11/23/2013, 10:56 PM
I'm in the same boat. Worked all day. Someone will post the full game on YouTube sometime in the next 1 to 5 days.

Huff 99 will post it.
He's already posted it. It is currently uploading...

I'm trying to be patient. :)

Okie35
11/23/2013, 11:19 PM
ESPN doesn't do thing right. ESPN on ABC is okay.

jiminy
11/24/2013, 12:00 AM
I see a replay on Fox Sports Oklahoma Monday at 9 am

olevetonahill
11/24/2013, 12:07 AM
Sucks to be Yall , I watched the Game and enjoyed it all !

Temujin
11/24/2013, 12:11 AM
I just hate the commentators on Fox. Last week they put Chrissy Simms in the booth for our game - though he was surprisingly neutral. This week they had Craig Bolerjack - a KSU alum - in the booth. Hell, even Harrington spent the entire time jerking off to Tyler Lockett and Bill Snyder. I swear that when OU plays on Fox they call up every possible former player for the opposing team or anyone from Texas to see if they're available to call our game that week.

Then when they can't find a former player for our opponent they get guys like Papadakis and Lapham who sound like they should be selling AFLAC instead of calling football games.

Today was the first time I recall Harrington in the booth, and wow he was awful...even if you throw aside the fact that he clearly wanted Gay-State to win.

Temujin
11/24/2013, 12:25 AM
I've always wondered - do you suppose they call them ANALysts because they're always talking out of their ***?

fadada1
11/24/2013, 08:52 AM
Did anyone else think Harrington was yelling the whole broadcast? Yeah, someone need to make him stop that.

King Crimson
11/24/2013, 09:33 AM
i mute the games. listen to tunes. i can't take the nonsense anymore

fox does indeed suck. epsn spends more time talking about espn than actual sports. it's genius in a way...but i don't need it.

olevetonahill
11/24/2013, 09:46 AM
i mute the games. listen to tunes. i can't take the nonsense anymore

fox does indeed suck. epsn spends more time talking about espn than actual sports. it's genius in a way...but i don't need it.

If the TeeVee is ahead of the Radio I can pause the Game till it catches up then just listen to the radio. But normally not. So I also tune em out .

King Crimson
11/24/2013, 10:09 AM
If the TeeVee is ahead of the Radio I can pause the Game till it catches up then just listen to the radio. But normally not. So I also tune em out .

i used to listen merv and bob on the innerwebs...and i liked that. fuggin bob: "pass caught for a first down...by malcom kelly. no, wait. dropped. it's 3rd down for the Sooners". better still, i had a panasonic boom box (as we used to say) that i bought at the target on main in norman in the 80's....that used to pull in KOMA like a mutha for some reason. especially at night.

god bless am radio waves. lost technologies, boom box.

kcoh in houston used to carry the Sooners and stream the audio. play a lot of earth wind and fire or bobby brown in the meantimes.....either joe c. shut down free audio or we lost cred with the brothers in houston. dunno.

Temujin
11/24/2013, 10:47 AM
Did anyone else think Harrington was yelling the whole broadcast? Yeah, someone need to make him stop that.

Yes.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/24/2013, 11:53 AM
I just hate the commentators on Fox. Last week they put Chrissy Simms in the booth for our game - though he was surprisingly neutral. This week they had Craig Bolerjack - a KSU alum - in the booth. Hell, even Harrington spent the entire time jerking off to Tyler Lockett and Bill Snyder. I swear that when OU plays on Fox they call up every possible former player for the opposing team or anyone from Texas to see if they're available to call our game that week.

Then when they can't find a former player for our opponent they get guys like Papadakis and Lapham who sound like they should be selling AFLAC instead of calling football games.

Today was the first time I recall Harrington in the booth, and wow he was awful...even if you throw aside the fact that he clearly wanted Gay-State to win.

I thought Chris Simms did an excellent job last week. He sliced and diced both teams on every big play and made it about the game, not about him. Harrington went to the Musberger school of broadcasting - Pick a dynamic player in that game and ride his jock loudly.

Temujin
11/24/2013, 12:31 PM
I thought Chris Simms did an excellent job last week. He sliced and diced both teams on every big play and made it about the game, not about him. Harrington went to the Musberger school of broadcasting - Pick a dynamic player in that game and ride his jock loudly.

Yeah, I totally agree about Simms, and that was semi-unexpected. He was actually easier to listen to than his father...mainly because he made his points without a ton of pomposity. Then again, after he left the UT, he showed a lot more toughness when he played for Tampa Bay than I expected. He was a real professional.

Agree about Harrington, too. Like Fadada1 said, he yelled out his commentary like there was a rock concert going on. Loud and obnoxious.

NorthernIowaSooner
11/24/2013, 01:08 PM
I thought the play-by-play guy was just boring. Big plays were called like they were just a hand off up the middle for a couple yards.

bluedogok
11/24/2013, 07:40 PM
I did that in years past with Sirius back when they always had the OU broadcast, this year they have had just the home team broadcast on most games. There is typically about a 10 second delay so I would sync up the DVR with Sirius.

Yeah, I totally agree about Simms, and that was semi-unexpected. He was actually easier to listen to than his father...mainly because he made his points without a ton of pomposity. Then again, after he left the UT, he showed a lot more toughness when he played for Tampa Bay than I expected. He was a real professional.
I don't really have a problem with Simms, he is pretty solid. Better than many of them.

Agree about Harrington, too. Like Fadada1 said, he yelled out his commentary like there was a rock concert going on. Loud and obnoxious.
Just like the team he played for....

jiminy
11/24/2013, 07:57 PM
I would love to see Dusty Dvoracek get a shot at the booth. I've watched him some on the Sooner pregame shows, and he is well-spoken and really knows his stuff

SoonerMarkVA
11/24/2013, 08:01 PM
I would love to see Dusty Dvoracek get a shot at the booth. I've watched him some on the Sooner pregame shows, and he is well-spoken and really knows his stuff

Yeah, agreed. He has the right mix of enthusiasm, knowledge, and clarity. I think his day will come, assuming he wants to do it.

aurorasooner
11/24/2013, 09:06 PM
SoonerSports must have some kind of agreement with Fox that all of our games at Owen Field are not replayed until Monday after Bob's presser.
The OU/KSU game replay, which was an away game, has been all over Fox College Sports today (according the the cable guide this morning) and is on right now on "Root Sports" which is the Rockies and Nuggets station and aligned with Fox. (got it on a small monitor and been switching back and forth with Sunday Night FB since the Broncos are kicking NE's azz early)
Kudos to Fox for replaying the game on Sunday, instead of us having to wait until Monday.
btw, if you can get the 'net radio broadcast and it's ahead of the TV broadcast, the Radio-Delay software works after you get the initial delay set.

bluedogok
11/24/2013, 10:28 PM
Nuggets games are now on (Kronke owned) Altitude along with the Avs games.

8timechamps
11/24/2013, 10:44 PM
SoonerSports must have some kind of agreement with Fox that all of our games at Owen Field are not replayed until Monday after Bob's presser.
The OU/KSU game replay, which was an away game, has been all over Fox College Sports today (according the the cable guide this morning) and is on right now on "Root Sports" which is the Rockies and Nuggets station and aligned with Fox. (got it on a small monitor and been switching back and forth with Sunday Night FB since the Broncos are kicking NE's azz early)
Kudos to Fox for replaying the game on Sunday, instead of us having to wait until Monday.
btw, if you can get the 'net radio broadcast and it's ahead of the TV broadcast, the Radio-Delay software works after you get the initial delay set.

Here's why that is; when Fox and OU signed their deal, OU (SoonerSports) decided to offer the replay of the game immediately on SoonerSports.tv, to it's paid subscribers. So, Fox holds the replay until Monday. I have the subscription, so I can always go back and watch the game immediately, otherwise, you either have to hope someone uploads it to YouTube or wait.

Since Kronke started Altitude, the programming (outside of Nuggets/Avs) has really changed. You used to be able to catch some good games on Saturday's, but now it's all regional stuff (Montana & Montana State).

aurorasooner
11/24/2013, 11:20 PM
Here's why that is; when Fox and OU signed their deal, OU (SoonerSports) decided to offer the replay of the game immediately on SoonerSports.tv, to it's paid subscribers. So, Fox holds the replay until Monday. I have the subscription, so I can always go back and watch the game immediately, otherwise, you either have to hope someone uploads it to YouTube or wait.

Since Kronke started Altitude, the programming (outside of Nuggets/Avs) has really changed. You used to be able to catch some good games on Saturday's, but now it's all regional stuff (Montana & Montana State). Yeah, Root Sports doesn't have squat on anymore, I guess I got that mixed up with Kronke's network, because I seldom watch either of them during
FB season.
I was reading about the LG Smart TV deal --them constantly uploading your private viewing info to LG servers even if you watch an .avi from a USB stick or external drive, and even with the permission feature (to do that) turned off --- on a security forum, on the 2nd monitor while posting, and wasn't paying strict attention. I was thinking about upgrading a couple of the small monitors to Smart Ones on Black Friday, but after reading those articles and posts, I don't think I will, or if I do, I certainly won't leave them 24/7 connected to the network w/o blocking their net access in the router.

thx, for the info on why we don't get any replays until Monday. I usually DVR the games anyway, but noticed on the guide this morning that our game was being replayed on Sunday.

Crap, the Pats are ahead of the Broncos even after all the gifts we got in the 1st qtr.

Scott D
11/24/2013, 11:34 PM
Yeah, Root Sports doesn't have squat on anymore, I guess I got that mixed up with Kronke's network, because I seldom watch either of them during
FB season.
I was reading about the LG Smart TV deal --them constantly uploading your private viewing info to LG servers even if you watch an .avi from a USB stick or external drive, and even with the permission feature (to do that) turned off --- on a security forum, on the 2nd monitor while posting, and wasn't paying strict attention. I was thinking about upgrading a couple of the small monitors to Smart Ones on Black Friday, but after reading those articles and posts, I don't think I will, or if I do, I certainly won't leave them 24/7 connected to the network w/o blocking their net access in the router.

thx, for the info on why we don't get any replays until Monday. I usually DVR the games anyway, but noticed on the guide this morning that our game was being replayed on Sunday.

Crap, the Pats are ahead of the Broncos even after all the gifts we got in the 1st qtr.

that's because Peyton realized at halftime the temp was below 50 degrees ;)

aurorasooner
11/24/2013, 11:45 PM
that's because Peyton realized at halftime the temp was below 50 degrees ;)dang, I wish Welker would've returned that punt for 6. That would've been karma. Good game. Looks like OT.