PDA

View Full Version : Baseball coaching vacancy

BoomerJack
11/23/2013, 06:11 PM
Did anybody else notice that Coach Giese is no longer Coach Giese? Left to pursue other opportunities the announcement on the baseball said. It also said that Coach Hughes is in no hurry to hire a replacement.

This means that a new hire won't start until about the start of January about six weeks before the season starts. The new guy is going to come not having much of an idea of who can do what especially as to weekend starters. Hopefully he can get a pretty good feel before the conference starts and that the teams starts out hitting very well.

tycat947
12/4/2013, 10:35 PM
Did anybody else notice that Coach Giese is no longer Coach Giese? Left to pursue other opportunities the announcement on the baseball said. It also said that Coach Hughes is in no hurry to hire a replacement.

This means that a new hire won't start until about the start of January about six weeks before the season starts. The new guy is going to come not having much of an idea of who can do what especially as to weekend starters. Hopefully he can get a pretty good feel before the conference starts and that the teams starts out hitting very well.

New coach hired this week. Jamie Pinzino, head coach at William and Mary, will join Sooners as pitching coach. Sounds like a great hire. BTW, his wife is softball coach at Tufts University. Wonder if she leaves her job?

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=209331170

BoomerJack
12/7/2013, 04:22 AM
RE: "New coach hired..." Yeah I saw this a few days ago.

I just hope he gets to Norman pretty quick to start evaluating the pitching staff.

hvhurricane
1/1/2014, 03:06 AM
These are absolutely horrible hires. Giese is a better coach than anyone on that staff. Joe C. lost his mind on this hire.

BoomerJack
1/1/2014, 05:12 PM
These are absolutely horrible hires.

How are these horrible hires?

FlatLander
1/5/2014, 10:19 AM
These are absolutely horrible hires. Giese is a better coach than anyone on that staff. Joe C. lost his mind on this hire.

How so?

I'll admit I would have liked to at least have seen Giese work with the pitchers with a new head coach. The pitcher we had last year that had arm troubles was rushed back to quickly in my opinion. Not sure if that was Galloway or Giese though. I also felt like Choplick did not develop over the course of the season.

BoomerJack
1/5/2014, 11:26 PM
FlattLander: With all respect, how does this make Pete Hughes and the other guys horrible hires?

FlatLander
1/6/2014, 09:28 AM
FlattLander: With all respect, how does this make Pete Hughes and the other guys horrible hires?

Wasn't me, it was hvhurricane making that comment.

I was surprised that Giese decided to leave though. Him and Hughes must have had a huge difference of opinion on something.

jonhiras
1/7/2014, 12:48 PM
I don't find them horrible hires but unexpected hires - better.

FlatLander
1/7/2014, 03:54 PM
I don't find them horrible hires but unexpected hires - better.

Agreed. "Unexpected", fits in what hvhurricane said much better. I still wonder what went down between Galloway and Castiglione?

BoomerJack
1/7/2014, 09:50 PM
Whatever. Just learned today that Diamond Dinner is to be on Feb. 7, a Friday at the Kerr McGee Courtside Club at 7pm. $30.00 per ticket.

BoomerJack
1/8/2014, 07:03 AM
Whatever. Just learned today that Diamond Dinner is to be on Feb. 7, a Friday at the Kerr McGee Courtside Club at 7pm. $30.00 per ticket.

It seems I was misinformed about location of this event. Baseball website says it will be at the Chesapeake Energy East Side Stadium Club at Memorial Stadium.

hvhurricane
2/3/2014, 12:45 AM
What a joke. We lose one of the top pitching coaches in the country and we trade him for a pathetic coach in Mike Anderson. If you think SG was an *******, just wait till Anderson gets involved in the games. He was gifted a program at NU and he drove the program into the ground. The only job he could get after NU was at a HS. Wow, let's grab him.

Also, have you seen our schedule? Can't wait to see all of these East Coast teams come down to play. It's going to be exciting. What a complete Eff Up by Joe C on this one. The only saving grace was Geise, buy we couldn't even keep him around for a year because he knows the guy is a joke.

FlatLander
2/3/2014, 11:41 AM
What a joke. We lose one of the top pitching coaches in the country and we trade him for a pathetic coach in Mike Anderson. If you think SG was an *******, just wait till Anderson gets involved in the games. He was gifted a program at NU and he drove the program into the ground. The only job he could get after NU was at a HS. Wow, let's grab him.

Also, have you seen our schedule? Can't wait to see all of these East Coast teams come down to play. It's going to be exciting. What a complete Eff Up by Joe C on this one. The only saving grace was Geise, buy we couldn't even keep him around for a year because he knows the guy is a joke.

It will definitely be different.

We'll just have to wait and see how it all adds up at the end of the season.