PDA

View Full Version : rumors on failed drug test by Sooner RB

colleyvillesooner
11/20/2013, 09:30 AM
Saw rumors on LT that Damien Williams fails a drug test and could have been his last straw.

Anybody here heard anything?

olevetonahill
11/20/2013, 09:33 AM
Saw rumors on LT that Damien Williams fails a drug test and could have been his last straw.

Anybody here heard anything?

If true musta been Speed the way that boy runs. :cocksure:

stoops the eternal pimp
11/20/2013, 09:38 AM
I have no idea..I do know he has had to serve suspensions here and there since arriving.

badger
11/20/2013, 09:39 AM
He was suspended from the Tulsa game

cleller
11/20/2013, 09:42 AM
Crap. He is our break-free guy. Would take him twice over any of the other guys, including the mythical Finch.

SoonerMarkVA
11/20/2013, 10:38 AM
Maybe this finally gets Ford back on the field (assuming whatever had him not suiting up last week is over).

Sooner in Tampa
11/20/2013, 11:06 AM
http://www.koco.com/sports/sooners/source-2-university-of-oklahoma-starters-will-not-play-against-kansas-state/-/12400996/23066666/-/tunxhlz/-/index.html

FOOOK!!!!

olevetonahill
11/20/2013, 11:12 AM
http://www.koco.com/sports/sooners/source-2-university-of-oklahoma-starters-will-not-play-against-kansas-state/-/12400996/23066666/-/tunxhlz/-/index.html

FOOOK!!!!

What a couple of Dumas's

BermudaSooner
11/20/2013, 11:15 AM
Damn, who is going to run our double reverse pass play now?

Ruf/Nek7
11/20/2013, 11:25 AM
What is the status on Shepard? If this were Florida or LSU, the guys could fail numerous drug tests without being reprimanded. $EC!!

badger
11/20/2013, 11:27 AM
What is the status on Shepard?

Media reports suggest Sterling's back in practice and will play vs KSU (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ou/ou-football-notebook-sterling-shepard-is-practicing/article_ba022945-ef5f-5c92-8e6e-bdf652ed6b57.html)

Ruf/Nek7
11/20/2013, 11:30 AM
Media reports suggest Sterling's back in practice and will play vs KSU (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ou/ou-football-notebook-sterling-shepard-is-practicing/article_ba022945-ef5f-5c92-8e6e-bdf652ed6b57.html)

I love you badger!

sooneron
11/20/2013, 11:34 AM
Losing both of them will suck. I'm betting it was the weed.

badger
11/20/2013, 11:36 AM
I'm betting it was the weed.
Why was weed my first thought too :(

PrideMom
11/20/2013, 11:40 AM
When will these young people ever learn? They are told over and over again what is expected of them, and they still can't do it? You can't fix stupid!

cherokeebrewer
11/20/2013, 11:42 AM
This season has been an absolute train wreck...be over please.

Eielson
11/20/2013, 11:45 AM
I hope Finch is ready to come out of the doghouse.

KantoSooner
11/20/2013, 11:48 AM
Alex Ross!

(says the guy obcessed with Alex Ross!)

Any running back who likes to start punch-ups with linebackers can't be all bad.

cherokeebrewer
11/20/2013, 11:48 AM
Might as well break out Alex Ross and see what he's got...

Sooner in Tampa
11/20/2013, 11:59 AM
This season has been an absolute train wreck...be over please.

I never thought I would live to see the day when I just wanted football season to be over...well, I was wrong

sooneron
11/20/2013, 12:07 PM
Why was weed my first thought too :(

Because all of these kids are on dope!!
http://rsrc.psychologytoday.com/files/imagecache/article-inline-half/blogs/2568/2011/02/55010-45917.jpg

FaninAma
11/20/2013, 12:44 PM
8-2 with a win over ND is a train wreckk? Seriously? Some of you guys need a hysterectomy.

Ruf/Nek7
11/20/2013, 12:52 PM
8-2 with a win over ND is a train wreckk? Seriously? Some of you guys need a hysterectomy.

Good thing we are not texass.

cherokeebrewer
11/20/2013, 12:56 PM

Don't know why the insult...key injuries, now suspensions has nothing to do with win-loss record . Kiss my ***!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/20/2013, 12:59 PM
Crap. He is our break-free guy. Would take him twice over any of the other guys, including the mythical Finch.

It always helps guys like him when you face someone like ISU who is so horrid against the run (108 out of 123).

Pre-ISU he was at 4.2 (now 4.9). If he had 2 more games like that at 12.8 per carry. He'd be even with both Clay and Finch's 6.2 ypc.

badger
11/20/2013, 01:08 PM

We need to get rid of our hystericals, agree ;)

Tear Down This Wall
11/20/2013, 01:17 PM
Stupid. I thought Stoops was taking control of the marijuana problem when he kicked the guys off the squad pre-2012.

Is Stoops in control of the locker room anymore? Honestly.

Widescreen
11/20/2013, 01:19 PM
It always helps guys like him when you face someone like ISU who is so horrid against the run (108 out of 123).

We've played some other teams horrible against the run (Texas comes to mind) and we didn't exploit it. So you're right, we pretty much did what we should've done against ISU - maybe a bit more. But I still scratch my head about our dismal performance against some other teams.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/20/2013, 01:29 PM
This season has been an absolute train wreck...be over please.OU>domer!!! After losing in norman last year, it was a pleasant surprise to beat them this yr., and Blake Bell has carved a niche in Sooner history with that win.

badger
11/20/2013, 01:30 PM
Stupid. I thought Stoops was taking control of the marijuana problem when he kicked the guys off the squad pre-2012.

Maybe we need to start a "weed circle" like OSU :stunned:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/20/2013, 01:31 PM
8-2 with a win over ND is a train wreckk? Seriously? Some of you guys need a hysterectomy.or, at least need to be grounded for a few days.

SoonerForLife92
11/20/2013, 01:37 PM
When will these young people ever learn? They are told over and over again what is expected of them, and they still can't do it? You can't fix stupid!

Maybe because some of these young people are not ignorant enough to believe in the factless crap about how "bad" weed is that has been unsuccesfully drilled into their head. A fraternite or a sorority girl can get **** *** drunk and smoke cigarettes and have sex with whoever they want all weekend and thats all well and good apparently, but some football players light up a little weed and everyone loses their minds...

badger
11/20/2013, 01:44 PM
Maybe because some of these young people are not ignorant enough to believe in the factless crap about how "bad" weed is that has been unsuccesfully drilled into their head

Let's set aside the health benefits or detriments of weed for a second.

It's illegal.

Let's set the federal and state laws of marijuana use and possession for a second.

It's on the list of NCAA banned substances list. (http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/SSI/Resources/Drug+Testing+Resources/)

Higher standard: Student-athletes are held to it

BoulderSooner79
11/20/2013, 01:46 PM
Young people don't learn as a group; they learn as individuals (he said having raised kids to adulthood). I can't count how many times I talked about learning from your peers mistakes as well as your own with my kids. Never seemed to get any traction on that one.

EatLeadCommie
11/20/2013, 01:47 PM
I don't care if kids wanna smoke some weed, but when it's against the rules and you endanger your NFL draft status because of it, I just have to shake my head. What an idiot. Really, isn't the possibility of a couple million dollars worth skipping out on a toke?

Soonerwake
11/20/2013, 01:49 PM

It's illegal.

Let's set the federal and state laws of marijuana use and possession for a second.

It's on the list of NCAA banned substances list. (http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/SSI/Resources/Drug+Testing+Resources/)

This is what they call "reason".. What are you thinking? You know every time a player is suspended for anything we have to have the "weed is the bomb", "old white males who make the rules are stupid", etc. discussions.. They could have tested positive for steriods or horse tranquilizers for all we know, but the weedheads will be out in force in a matter of minutes..

badger
11/20/2013, 02:10 PM
Young people don't learn as a group; they learn as individuals
Toddler baj is only 20 months old and I'm already seeing this. Should be a fun next 17 (and after) years...

when it's against the rules and you endanger your NFL draft status because of it, I just have to shake my head
agree

weedheads will be out in force in a matter of minutes
we are probably never going to find out if it was weed or not. stoops will "handle the matter internally" and the official reason for suspension will be "violation of team rules." :P

cherokeebrewer
11/20/2013, 02:22 PM
OU>domer!!! After losing in norman last year, it was a pleasant surprise to beat them this yr., and Blake Bell has carved a niche in Sooner history with that win.

OK, maybe I just need to dumb this down. Key injuries, suspensions and jackoffs equal train wreck of a season...no deeper meaning than that.

8timechamps
11/20/2013, 02:23 PM
Ford will most likely not play against K-State. He was still in a boot on Saturday, and hasn't been able to practice. So, that leaves Clay, Finch and Ross to carry the load against the Cats.

badger
11/20/2013, 02:24 PM
Reality: Start Roy Finch! START HIM! He's talented, he's fast, he's shifty, he's a big play kind of player. START HIM!

Stoops: Whose redshirt can we pull?

8timechamps
11/20/2013, 02:26 PM
Reality: Start Roy Finch! START HIM! He's talented, he's fast, he's shifty, he's a big play kind of player. START HIM!

Stoops: Whose redshirt can we pull?

Finch got the start last week, so it's entirely possible he starts this week.

Ross isn't going to start, but he's going to have to play this week.

badger
11/20/2013, 02:30 PM
:D I know I was teasing.

8timechamps
11/20/2013, 02:32 PM
:D I know I was teasing.

My tease-o-meter is off today...sorry. :)

Ruf/Nek7
11/20/2013, 02:42 PM
My tease-o-meter is off today...sorry. :)

That might not bode well with your significant other :friendly_wink:

swardboy
11/20/2013, 02:48 PM
Ford will most likely not play against K-State. He was still in a boot on Saturday, and hasn't been able to practice. So, that leaves Clay, Finch and Ross to carry the load against the Cats.

And I can live with that trio just fine.

SoonerMarkVA
11/20/2013, 04:05 PM

*GROAN* - dang-it, dang-it, dang-it!

Mjcpr
11/20/2013, 05:27 PM
I didn't read the first page so maybe it was covered but the Tulsa World says Bester is suspended as well.

8timechamps
11/20/2013, 05:30 PM
I didn't read the first page so maybe it was covered but the Tulsa World says Bester is suspended as well.

Yep. Not sure if they were together, but rumors are that they were both suspended for the same reason.

badger
11/20/2013, 05:30 PM
yeah koco reported that as well, we're likely without em both.

c'mon sooners... all you have to do is be as good as north dakota state on saturday. ND STATE! ND STATE!

BigJerm7
11/20/2013, 06:48 PM
Too bad they don't play for Colorado.

NorthernIowaSooner
11/20/2013, 06:53 PM

So two guys get busted a year and a half later and he doesn't have control of the locker room?

That lunacy aside, it's not a big loss, we have a stable of RBs that are all virtually the same ability wise and Bester has been useful for all of about two big plays this season.

Peeb
11/20/2013, 07:09 PM
Maybe we need to start a "weed circle" like OSU :stunned:

Well... that's like... your opinion, man.

The Dude.

Snrinhouston
11/20/2013, 08:07 PM
Don't mind losing Williams, he is a cancer. And a mediocre (at best) blocker too. Bester stings, but not as badly as it could given Shepard's return.

olevetonahill
11/20/2013, 11:57 PM
So two guys get busted a year and a half later and he doesn't have control of the locker room?

That lunacy aside, it's not a big loss, we have a stable of RBs that are all virtually the same ability wise and Bester has been useful for all of about two big plays this season.

Don't mind losing Williams, he is a cancer. And a mediocre (at best) blocker too. Bester stings, but not as badly as it could given Shepard's return.

Bob Stoops Needs You Both ASAP
Can we Please have more Of your Intelligent insight?

Jason White's Third Knee
11/21/2013, 12:12 AM

Don't know why the insult...key injuries, now suspensions has nothing to do with win-loss record . Kiss my ***!

When has this not happened?

TheHumanAlphabet
11/21/2013, 12:54 AM
Maybe because some of these young people are not ignorant enough to believe in the factless crap about how "bad" weed is that has been unsuccesfully drilled into their head. A fraternite or a sorority girl can get **** *** drunk and smoke cigarettes and have sex with whoever they want all weekend and thats all well and good apparently, but some football players light up a little weed and everyone loses their minds...
there is no such thing as a "little weed". It is against the law and it is not an innocent act.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/21/2013, 01:08 AM

I am so confused. How does 128 yards and 2 touchdowns last Saturday = cancer?

olevetonahill
11/21/2013, 01:18 AM
there is no such thing as a "little weed". It is against the law and it is not an innocent act.

I'm 63 Smoked the Green leafy stuff since I was 16 er so Fought a war came home fought fer a Living since
MJ been against the Law all MY life!People been going to Prison all my Life over it,
**** you.Its Really JUST a Little WEED!

olevetonahill
11/21/2013, 01:21 AM
I never thought I would live to see the day when I just wanted football season to be over...well, I was wrong

No way In HELL do I want it over yet! Yall need to smoke a Lil Weed LOL

Sooner in Tampa
11/21/2013, 07:59 AM
No way In HELL do I want it over yet! Yall need to smoke a Lil Weed LOL

HAHAHA...if I could pull it off and keep my job...maybe...

And for the record...it really is simple...IT IS ILLEGAL for the players to smoke weed...you want to play college football and make millions in the NFL...LEAVE IT THE **** ALONE!!! What is so hard about that?? I make a helluva lot less then an NFL football player and I am smart enough to leave it alone...it would cost me my job...responsible vs. irresponsible.

stoopified
11/21/2013, 08:22 AM
I never thought I would live to see the day when I just wanted football season to be over...well, I was wrongApparently you missed the ENTIRE Lost Decade(Gibbs,Smelly,Boo), this is a fenderbender of a season,not a trainwreck.

Sooner in Tampa
11/21/2013, 09:34 AM
Apparently you missed the ENTIRE Lost Decade(Gibbs,Smelly,Boo), this is a fenderbender of a season,not a trainwreck.

HAHAHA...well played!

Point taken...noted...and attitude adjusted...Thanks.

5noubus
11/21/2013, 09:37 AM
Maybe because some of these young people are not ignorant enough to believe in the factless crap about how "bad" weed is that has been unsuccesfully drilled into their head

It's illegal.

Right all of the above! And could they not wait until January to lineup?
Don't they realize they could be tested
Anytime?
And the thing that gets me the most is:
They aren't just messing with their futures - it's the whole teams-
So selfish and immature.
Poor judgement- total lack of respect for guys that can't see the big picture.

KantoSooner
11/21/2013, 09:51 AM
Don't want to hijack this into yet another pot thread, but the deal is really not about pot per se, it's not even about legality. There are things on the NCAA banned list that a normal person firstly could do legally and secondly wouldn't be tested for. And that's perfectly okay: you volunteer to place yourself under the jurisdiction of the NCAA and, if you wish to escape their jurisdiction, you can opt out of college athletics. Not the end of the world.

If their transgression really was doobage, then they're just dumb for a) violating a promise they made and whose consequences were well known to them and, b) indulging in an intoxicant whose psychoactive agent is lipid soluble. Always, always go for water soluble compounds if you might get tested. C'mon guys, that's Drug Use 101.

And he claims to be from California.

For shame.

PrideMom
11/21/2013, 09:52 AM
I'm 63 Smoked the Green leafy stuff since I was 16 er so Fought a war came home fought fer a Living since
MJ been against the Law all MY life!People been going to Prison all my Life over it,
**** you.Its Really JUST a Little WEED!

Just because YOU do it, does not make it right. Marijuana is ILLEGAL, and I get sick and tired of people trying to say it is okay! You probably also drink and drive. But the issue here is that young people do not think that ruless apply to them. THEY ARE SELFISH, AND DO NOT THINK OF THEIR TEAMMATES.

olevetonahill
11/21/2013, 09:54 AM
Don't want to hijack this into yet another pot thread, but the deal is really not about pot per se, it's not even about legality. There are things on the NCAA banned list that a normal person firstly could do legally and secondly wouldn't be tested for. And that's perfectly okay: you volunteer to place yourself under the jurisdiction of the NCAA and, if you wish to escape their jurisdiction, you can opt out of college athletics. Not the end of the world.

If their transgression really was doobage, then they're just dumb for a) violating a promise they made and whose consequences were well known to them and, b) indulging in an intoxicant whose psychoactive agent is lipid soluble. Always, always go for water soluble compounds if you might get tested. C'mon guys, that's Drug Use 101.

And he claims to be from California.

For shame.

Heh, beat the **** test LOL

KantoSooner
11/21/2013, 09:57 AM
Pridemom,
If you drive across the border into Colorado, it's legal.
What does this mean? Nothing in health terms.
It does, however, mean that it's in the old category of Malum Prohibita crimes rather than Malum in se. In other words, illegal because a law says so rather than due to some fundamental evil in the nature of the crime. Kind of like driving 55 in a 45 zone is illegal.
I would tend to value the commitment to ones teammates more highly than obedience or disobedience to such a law.

SouthFortySooner
11/21/2013, 11:37 AM
Trainwreck of a season? I have a recent memory base for trainwrecks.

It started in JerryWorld with Bradford on the ground. An offensive line which LOOKED clueless. Only to have 43 O-line position switches throughout the season.

This year is still fun to watch.

picasso
11/21/2013, 12:10 PM

It started in JerryWorld with Bradford on the ground. An offensive line which LOOKED clueless. Only to have 43 O-line position switches throughout the season.

And one year removed from a legit NC team.
Things can change quickly.

cherokeebrewer
11/21/2013, 12:42 PM

Key injuries to team captains Nelson and Millard, losing Phillips for whatever reason it was, an indecent exposure arrest and various suspensions has not been fun for me...You guys must be masochists.

SoonerInHSV
11/21/2013, 12:54 PM

I think we had like fourteen different players start at OL that year because of injuries. Only two time during the year did we have the same players start on the OL in two consecutive games. That was a trainwreck. Other than the QB situation this year really has not been that bad.

Considering how thin we were at DL and LB to start the year we have played really well on defense even after losing two of our best players.

PrideMom
11/21/2013, 12:59 PM
Thank you for the law lesson. But the true issue is when people do not follow rules. I have worked in many businesses that had stupid rules, but if you wanted a job, you complied. College football players should have loyalty to the university, team, and coaches. When one decides that the rules do not apply to them, you get chaos. The players KNOW what is expected of them before they come into the program, so they are responsible in holding up their end of the bargain. A free education is nothing to sneeze at, and the opportunity to go further because of the quality of the education is foolish to throw away.

SoonerForLife92
11/21/2013, 01:14 PM

Oh please tell me with all your great intellect how many deaths have been directly caused by alcohol and tobacco which are NOT against the law. Now tell me how many have been directly caused by marijuana. Then show me the scientific findings that show how much more harmful weed is than alcohol and tobacco. Jesus just because it is illegal does not mean you should abide by it if it is clearly illegal for biased reasons (such as a smear campaign run by the timber industry to eliminate the competition of hemp paper). 60 years ago alcohol was the same exact way now we ALL drink it every once in a while. I'm glad there were less sheeple like you when we were ruled by the British, or else they would have said "oh noooo it's against the law we can't rebel! We'll just have to not have our freedom forever..."

SoonerForLife92
11/21/2013, 01:17 PM
Just because YOU do it, does not make it right. Marijuana is ILLEGAL, and I get sick and tired of people trying to say it is okay! You probably also drink and drive. But the issue here is that young people do not think that ruless apply to them. THEY ARE SELFISH, AND DO NOT THINK OF THEIR TEAMMATES.

Alcohol is far more dangerous for you than marijuana. In fact it seems like you have had to much of it.

SoonerForLife92
11/21/2013, 01:18 PM
Right all of the above! And could they not wait until January to lineup?
Don't they realize they could be tested
Anytime?
And the thing that gets me the most is:
They aren't just messing with their futures - it's the whole teams-
So selfish and immature.
Poor judgement- total lack of respect for guys that can't see the big picture.

Two guys make up the entire team??? Oh I'm sorry guess my definition of TEAM is incorrect...

BoulderSooner79
11/21/2013, 01:21 PM
Thank you for the law lesson. But the true issue is when people do not follow rules. I have worked in many businesses that had stupid rules, but if you wanted a job, you complied. College football players should have loyalty to the university, team, and coaches. When one decides that the rules do not apply to them, you get chaos. The players KNOW what is expected of them before they come into the program, so they are responsible in holding up their end of the bargain. A free education is nothing to sneeze at, and the opportunity to go further because of the quality of the education is foolish to throw away.

This is all from your perspective on how things should be. They are not. There are many people in this world that think following the rules means not getting caught if you break them. Lawyers are even trained to think this way (and note that most politicians are lawyers). College football players happen to be people too. Bottom line is these sorts of things will always happen with some percentage of players. A pragmatic coach will try to filter these players out up to the point of diminishing returns on the effort. The rest we be dealt with as the issue comes up.

KantoSooner
11/21/2013, 01:24 PM

And what you just said differs from I just said exactly how?

BoulderSooner79
11/21/2013, 01:28 PM
And what you just said differs from I just said exactly how?

It was stated more sternly and with more implied moral judgement.

sooneron
11/21/2013, 01:28 PM
Key injuries to team captains Nelson and Millard, losing Phillips for whatever reason it was, an indecent exposure arrest and various suspensions has not been fun for me...You guys must be masochists.
I'm sorry, but this is gold, Jerry, GOLD!

olevetonahill
11/21/2013, 01:43 PM

Nope, Dont drank and drive(Anymore) Im also not a Judgmental Prude
If Its against TEAM rules and you want to do that then done be a Team member!
As for the Law goes screw em. I may have toked twice so far this year. Pot in and of itself IS fairly harmless. But done in excess it can screw ya up just like anything else.

olevetonahill
11/21/2013, 01:48 PM

So yer a Stickler for the Rules huh? Ever Talk on yer phone while driving? Go 66 in a 65? Text while driving? If you are going to be a Judgmental Prude Make sure yer OWN life is perfect 1st!

Sooner in Tampa
11/21/2013, 02:04 PM
Alcohol is far more dangerous for you than marijuana. In fact it seems like you have had to much of it.

This is called rationalizing. It has no bearing on the legal issue at hand. You are stating YOUR OPINION concerning illegal activity...weed isn't as dangerous as alcohol.

Yes it is...for one simple reason...IT IS ILLEGAL. End of debate.

SoonerForLife92
11/21/2013, 02:08 PM
This is called rationalizing. It has no bearing on the legal issue at hand. You are stating YOUR OPINION concerning illegal activity...weed isn't as dangerous as alcohol.

Yes it is...for one simple reason...IT IS ILLEGAL. End of debate.

It's not my OPINION. It is scientific FACT. Also it is FACT how many deaths have been directly caused by alcohol. Please tell me how many deaths have been directly caused by smoking marijuana...

And like I stated earlier.. So when we were ruled by the British you would have been one of those who said "Rebelling is ILLEGAL! Bottom line!! Lets not have our freedom ever because our freedom is AGAINST THE LAW!" Yeah I doubt you would have said that. And while this is clearly on a much lower level than that... it is the same premise.. This country is for us. Government is for us. Not the other way around.

Have fun with your fellow sheeple.

Sooner in Tampa
11/21/2013, 02:10 PM
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph people...quit trying to rationalize why it's ok for people to pick and choose which rules they follow...selective obedience is not an option if you play college football...PERIOD!!!

If you want smoke dope until you are ****ing brain dead...GO FOR IT...just don't expect sympathy from your team, your coaches, or your university. Playing college football is a choice...a GREAT choice and if you would rather get high as a kite...knock yourself out...go find Ricky Williams and toke away, just make sure you let your coaches and teammates know that you are checking out on them and you will not be around when they need you.

The great smokeout debate is for another discussion...so save it for the pothead forum.

Sooner in Tampa
11/21/2013, 02:13 PM
It's not my OPINION. It is scientific FACT. Also it is FACT how many deaths have been directly caused by alcohol. Please tell me how many deaths have been directly caused by smoking marijuana...

And like I stated earlier.. So when we were ruled by the British would would have been one of those sheeple who said "Rebelling is ILLEGAL! Bottom line!! Lets not have our freedom ever because our freedom is AGAINST THE LAW!"

I'm so glad not everyone is a sheep like you.
Hold up tokeboy...IF the weed were in fact legal, the same as booze, your strawman argument goes out the window. You and your pothead buddies then get to smoke and drive...hence driving up the number of deaths from druggies behind the wheel.

So let me get this straight, smokey...if I don't agree with YOUR opinion...I am a sheep.

Got it...now **** off dip ****

SoonerForLife92
11/21/2013, 02:19 PM
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph people...quit trying to rationalize why it's ok for people to pick and choose which rules they follow...selective obedience is not an option if you play college football...PERIOD!!!

If you want smoke dope until you are ****ing brain dead...GO FOR IT...just don't expect sympathy from your team, your coaches, or your university. Playing college football is a choice...a GREAT choice and if you would rather get high as a kite...knock yourself out...go find Ricky Williams and toke away, just make sure you let your coaches and teammates know that you are checking out on them and you will not be around when they need you.

The great smokeout debate is for another discussion...so save it for the pothead forum.

Well if you put it like this, hardly anyone in the NFL should be playing football. Or in college for that matter. I go to OU and know people on the football team who constantly smoke pot. They have just never gotten randomly drug tested because out of the 100+ kids on the football team its not always gonna be the starters who are tested. If you don't think the majority of NFL and college football players (many of whom grew up in underprivileged backgrounds and smoking pot is just as normal for them as drinking and tobacco) smoke pot and think "i'll just never get caught" than you have clearly never been in-depth involved with a football program and it's players. That is what is we teach in society these days (no matter how sad or disgusting it is)... It's ok as long as you don't get caught! Same premise with going over the speed limit, having .01 intoxication over the legal driving limit and driving home from the bar, and (while not illegal, still morally unjust) screwing people over in your business and/or job to better your own position. Nooooo but I am sure you have never done any of these right????

freshchris05
11/21/2013, 02:19 PM
These guys are gonna do what they want. Have you ever met some of these athletes? I respect what they do but it's a shame that free education is such an inconvenience. All in all they're kids, who owe you nothing. So just enjoy the game.

ps. Legalize It!

SoonerForLife92
11/21/2013, 02:22 PM
Point is they made an unfortunate mistake and you all on a ****ing forum online will sit here and say how "stupid" they are acting like they committed some heinous crime. Kenny Stills driving drunk was FAR more dangerous than a few players smoking pot, whether you will admit it or not... I can look up how many people have been killed by drunk drivers as compared to ANYTHING to do with marijuana if you would like... Yet Kenny Stills is on a Pro team making millions. Yes he made a stupid mistake.. that doesnt make him the goddamn devil

Soonerwake
11/21/2013, 02:22 PM
Hold up tokeboy...IF the weed were in fact legal, the same as booze, your strawman argument goes out the window. You and your pothead buddies then get to smoke and drive...hence driving up the number of deaths from druggies behind the wheel.

So let me get this straight, smokey...if I don't agree with YOUR opinion...I am a sheep.

Nice...

I have always thought life is a series of choices, and the consequences tied to them. If I choose to smoke weed then I assume the risk that comes with it, i.e. legal trouble, etc. I think this is the point many of you are trying to make. No one is judging or being a prude. It's simply that there are rules associated with being a NCAA athlete. If you choose to break them in whatever form, then you are also choosing that you are OK with the risk of the potential consequences. Geesh, isn't this like parenting 101 stuff??.

Like I said earlier, I knew the weedies would be out in force on this one, even though we have no idea what really happended.

SoonerForLife92
11/21/2013, 02:26 PM

There is a huge difference between driving drunk and driving high. Like I said.. Tell me how many driving under the influence deaths have been caused by marijuana compared to alcohol. When you do that... then ill **** off. My entire point was stated in my last post. That you guys on a ****ing forum are acting all high and mighty talking about how stupid these kids are like you've never made a mistake in your whole life. They made an unfortunate mistake yes.. that does not make them stupid. How many times was the Honey Badger suspended from LSU for pot? And how much money does he make now in the NFL?

badger
11/21/2013, 03:09 PM
Tell me how many driving under the influence deaths have been caused by marijuana compared to alcohol

I would argue that as one is legal and one isn't, there would always be more cases with the legal impairing substance than the illegal one. Is there a difference between driving drunk and driving high? I am sure that there is. However, I personally never plan to test out either and hope nobody else does.

Normally I'd be upset that a football thread turned into a pot thread, but given that the topic is about how a few players on our team not playing Saturday, likely leading to us getting upset by stupid KSU in stupid Manhattan... WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED WEED

BoulderSooner79
11/21/2013, 03:13 PM

You're just wrong...PERIOD!!! Many players have done exactly this with no consequences and many more will do so in the future. So clearly selective obedience is an option. The option comes with the risk of getting caught and paying the consequences.

Sooner in Tampa
11/21/2013, 03:16 PM
There is a huge difference between driving drunk and driving high. Like I said.. Tell me how many driving under the influence deaths have been caused by marijuana compared to alcohol. When you do that... then ill **** off. My entire point was stated in my last post. That you guys on a ****ing forum are acting all high and mighty talking about how stupid these kids are like you've never made a mistake in your whole life. They made an unfortunate mistake yes.. that does not make them stupid. How many times was the Honey Badger suspended from LSU for pot? And how much money does he make now in the NFL?
HUGE difference...tell that to the people in Colorado

The bad news is that drugged driving is on the rise in this state. CDOT reports (http://smartcolorado.org/marijuana-causing-more-drugged-driving-deaths/):

drugged driving kills an average of two people per week in Colorado. That’s more than four times the number of deaths of Columbine and Century Theater combined.
One half of those deaths are caused by marijuana use.
Deaths caused by drugged driving are increasing at the same time overall traffic deaths are decreasing. The most rapidly increasing cause of drugged driving deaths is marijuana use.
Fatalities caused by drivers who tested positive for marijuana increased 26 percent.

Marijuana use once caused one-third, or about 33%, of drugged driving deaths in Colorado. However, drugged-driving fatalities caused by marijuana use crossed the 50% mark in 2010 — the year dispensaries started to take off in this state. In 2011, marijuana use was cited as the cause of 56% of drugged driving deaths.

Listen, like I said, you wanna smoke...go for it...just don't expect any sympathy from anybody. It's your choice...IDGAF, except when it affects my favorite football teams.

Did I do stupid **** when I was younger? Lots of it...didn't make it any less stupid and it doesn't mean that I didn't hear about what a stupid *** I was. I hate to see young people with the world at their finger tips waste great opportunities.

I have said my peace...I am out of this discussion...the two lads are out of the game on Saturday and it damn well may cost us the game...but hey, that's ok...let 'em smoke.

EatLeadCommie
11/21/2013, 03:18 PM
Difference between driving drunk and driving high is that you swerve and drive fast when drunk, but straight as an arrow and 5 mph when high.

picasso
11/21/2013, 03:29 PM
Point is they made an unfortunate mistake and you all on a ****ing forum online will sit here and say how "stupid" they are acting like they committed some heinous crime. Kenny Stills driving drunk was FAR more dangerous than a few players smoking pot, whether you will admit it or not... I can look up how many people have been killed by drunk drivers as compared to ANYTHING to do with marijuana if you would like... Yet Kenny Stills is on a Pro team making millions. Yes he made a stupid mistake.. that doesnt make him the goddamn devil
How do you know these guys have never driven high?
The weed apologists amaze me.

cherokeebrewer
11/21/2013, 03:31 PM
Difference between driving drunk and driving high is that you swerve and drive fast when drunk, but straight as an arrow and 5 mph when high.

I know someone who's toked...

SoonerForLife92
11/21/2013, 03:48 PM
HUGE difference...tell that to the people in Colorado

Listen, like I said, you wanna smoke...go for it...just don't expect any sympathy from anybody. It's your choice...IDGAF, except when it affects my favorite football teams.

Did I do stupid **** when I was younger? Lots of it...didn't make it any less stupid and it doesn't mean that I didn't hear about what a stupid *** I was. I hate to see young people with the world at their finger tips waste great opportunities.

I have said my peace...I am out of this discussion...the two lads are out of the game on Saturday and it damn well may cost us the game...but hey, that's ok...let 'em smoke.

Okay good now give me the same statistics for alcohol and every state that it is legal and lets compare. By the way the people who do these studies use scare tactics... like the fact that they tested positive for marijuana, yet this means in no way shape or from did they have a way of telling if the driver was high at the time. Marijuana stays in your system for up to a month. A high wares off in an hour or two for people who smoke occasionally. So yes you could smoke once in your entire life, go get in a wreck two days later and BAM wreck was caused by marijuana...

olevetonahill
11/21/2013, 04:21 PM
Agree

We have a Pot head forum?

olevetonahill
11/21/2013, 04:24 PM
Nice...

I have always thought life is a series of choices, and the consequences tied to them. If I choose to smoke weed then I assume the risk that comes with it, i.e. legal trouble, etc. I think this is the point many of you are trying to make. No one is judging or being a prude. It's simply that there are rules associated with being a NCAA athlete. If you choose to break them in whatever form, then you are also choosing that you are OK with the risk of the potential consequences. Geesh, isn't this like parenting 101 stuff??.

Like I said earlier, I knew the weedies would be out in force on this one, even though we have no idea what really happended.

I aint really a weedie bro I just like stirring the Pot every now and then. (See the Pun I did ?) :surprise:

badger
11/21/2013, 04:27 PM
We have a Pot head forum?

Obamafest, where everyone who disagrees with you is wrong :P:P:P:P

8timechamps
11/21/2013, 05:11 PM
I live in Colorado, where Marijuana is legal. However, it's still a banned substance in the eyes of the NCAA, so players at CU or CSU are subject to the same punishment as players anywhere else in the country.

I have my personal opinions on the laws regarding Marijuana use, but that doesn't change the fact that using is still against the NCAA rules, and there isn't a player, at any level, in this country that isn't aware of that.

I don't view these guys as "bad" necessarily, just dumb. To risk your college career this close to the end on something so avoidable is asinine.

badger
11/21/2013, 05:40 PM
To risk your college career this close to the end on something so avoidable is asinine.

Agree, it would be like hiring a sports agent now.

olevetonahill
11/21/2013, 05:47 PM

Hell its better Odds that if they AGREE with me they wrong :cocksure:

cherokeebrewer
11/21/2013, 06:02 PM
I bought some pot today!

(POT) Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan, Inc.

SoonerForLife92
11/21/2013, 09:57 PM

I despise Obama.

EatLeadCommie
11/21/2013, 11:31 PM
Whether it's legal or not really isn't the issue. What is the issue is you have kids like Williams and others who have the potential to make millions of dollars in the NFL and they consciously choose to risk that by puffing on some weed (assuming that is the "violation of team rules"). NFL teams see that and make a note. It can cost a kid a couple slots or a couple rounds or a chance altogether. Stupid is as stupid does.

I wasn't the most disciplined kid in college either, but I wasn't risking millions doing stupid stuff. I guarantee you if I had that option, I would've straightened up real quick.

olevetonahill
11/21/2013, 11:35 PM
I despise Obama.

heh, Here He's send a subtle Message to you!
http://l1.yimg.com/nn/fp/rsz/112113/images/smush/obama_635x250_1385050986.jpg

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/22/2013, 12:30 AM
Good grief.

Disclaimer: Except for a few times I can count on one hand several decades ago, and did not enjoy, I don't indulge in the wacky tobacky.

1. If those players did indulge and it was a violation of rules they agreed to abide by, then they deserve whatever punishment those rules dictated.

2. Good grief, seriously? In 2013 anyone makes the argument that if it's illegal, it must be wrong?

At one time helping an escaped slave to freedom was illegal.
At one time whites marrying anyone of another race was illegal.
At one time it was illegal for even married couples to use birth control.
At one time it was illegal to possess alcohol.

Hell, at one time it was illegal in many states and maybe still is in some, for wives to give their husbands oral pleasure and vice versa.

Are all y'all ranting against MJ use because it's illegal in your state okay with refraining from that last particular activity because it's illegal in other states, same status as MJ?

olevetonahill
11/22/2013, 12:37 AM
Good grief.

Disclaimer: Except for a few times I can count on one hand several decades ago, and did not enjoy, I don't indulge in the wacky tobacky.

1. If those players did indulge and it was a violation of rules they agreed to abide by, then they deserve whatever punishment those rules dictated.

2. Good grief, seriously? In 2013 anyone makes the argument that if it's illegal, it must be wrong?

At one time helping an escaped slave to freedom was illegal.
At one time whites marrying anyone of another race was illegal.
At one time it was illegal for even married couples to use birth control.
At one time it was illegal to possess alcohol.

Hell, at one time it was illegal in many states and maybe still is in some, for wives to give their husbands oral pleasure and vice versa.

Are all y'all ranting against MJ use because it's illegal in your state okay with refraining from that last particular activity because it's illegal in other states, same status as MJ?

What She said , Besides, Its Illegal hunt Camels in Arizona!

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/22/2013, 12:39 AM
The bad news is that drugged driving is on the rise in this state. CDOT reports:

drugged driving kills an average of two people per week in Colorado. That’s more than four times the number of deaths of Columbine and Century Theater combined.
One half of those deaths are caused by marijuana use.
Deaths caused by drugged driving are increasing at the same time overall traffic deaths are decreasing. The most rapidly increasing cause of drugged driving deaths is marijuana use.
Fatalities caused by drivers who tested positive for marijuana increased 26 percent.

Marijuana use once caused one-third, or about 33%, of drugged driving deaths in Colorado. However, drugged-driving fatalities caused by marijuana use crossed the 50% mark in 2010 — the year dispensaries started to take off in this state. In 2011, marijuana use was cited as the cause of 56% of drugged driving deaths.

You know, if this organization you quoted provided a link to the official statistics from CDOT, I'd be more inclined to believe them. Until I see that I'm chalking these statements up to bulls**** (coughcough) I mean, non-fact-based propaganda.

KantoSooner
11/22/2013, 09:50 AM
It's a well known fact that smoking pot makes you go crazy and engage in rampant sexual assaults. Plus it makes black people engage in race war.

It was all in 'Reefer Madness', just watch it. Model of investigative journalism, that was.

70sooner
11/22/2013, 09:57 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e2/ReeferMadnessPoster.jpg

SouthFortySooner
11/22/2013, 10:12 AM
OU student in the mid-seventies, spent all my parents had saved for my education (not all on classes and fees), fell few hours short of degree. Biggest mistake of my life.

I suspect these two will feel the same way down the road.

birddog
11/22/2013, 10:17 AM
I lost my scholly due to bad grades. I'd much rather explain that to my folks than the cannabis that caused my bad grades. My bad grades were all me :-)

PrideMom
11/22/2013, 10:22 AM
So yer a Stickler for the Rules huh? Ever Talk on yer phone while driving? Go 66 in a 65? Text while driving? If you are going to be a Judgmental Prude Make sure yer OWN life is perfect 1st!

You are missing the entire point here. I am not a college football player that has commitments to his university, team and coaches. I don't care what the infraction was, it is the point that there is NO RESPECT for anything any more.

P.S. I don't use a cell phone for anything.....

olevetonahill
11/22/2013, 10:59 AM

You are missing the entire point here. I am not a college football player that has commitments to his university, team and coaches. I don't care what the infraction was, it is the point that there is NO RESPECT for anything any more.

I'll respect you in the Morning. :friendly_wink:

Ya may not use a Cell, But I'd wager you routinely Break rules and go merrily on yer way. :cocksure:

C&CDean
11/22/2013, 11:04 AM
**** these guys. In the A. With Jabari's bong. ****ing morons.

Nothing more to say on the matter.

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2013, 11:12 AM

I don't think anything has really changed. Football players have been "characters" that do things that make you shake your head. Joe Don Looney and Brian Bosworth are generally respected names around here and both were dismissed from their OU teams. I remember talented kids at my HS (Putnam City) doing things that endangered their shot at getting schollies. Athletes and risky behavior will always go hand in hand.

cherokeebrewer
11/22/2013, 11:36 AM
What She said , Besides, Its Illegal hunt Camels in Arizona!

It's illegal to rassle a bear in Oklahoma. Them pokes is doomed...

olevetonahill
11/22/2013, 11:46 AM
Ima quit Poking at folks about this. Yup the Players are stupid. Ill leave it at that LOL

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2013, 12:11 PM
Ima quit Poking at folks about this. Yup the Players are stupid. Ill leave it at that LOL

Dang it. When OUr guys are fighting for 4th place in the conference and the board is dead, I'm relying on you to stir things up. Now yer quitin' on me?

:black_eyed:

olevetonahill
11/22/2013, 12:34 PM
Dang it. When OUr guys are fighting for 4th place in the conference and the board is dead, I'm relying on you to stir things up. Now yer quitin' on me?

:black_eyed:

:cocksure:

NorthernIowaSooner
11/23/2013, 01:27 PM
Bob Stoops Needs You Both ASAP
Can we Please have more Of your Intelligent insight?

Go ahead and explain to me how were missing these two today. They don't play DB.