PDA

View Full Version : When Is The League Going To Call Baylor On The Cell Phone?

David Earl
11/19/2013, 08:20 PM
I got nuthin...

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2013, 08:35 PM
Big XII: Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my number so...call me maybe?

hvhurricane
11/19/2013, 09:26 PM
Oh, damnit..........why didn't I figure it out untill now. The Big 12 has been calling their land line and, obviously, nobody uses thier land lines anymore, except to fax. That is why the Big 12 hasn't hammered Baylor with all of those targeting shots to the head. I wonder if Baylor is going to show up to the OSU game in fatigues to scare OSU.

The fact is they kicked our ***. It was extremely embarrasing to everyone in the program, minus Bob. Bryles has done so much more than Bob, with about 10% of the budget Bob has. I guess it is just because Bennett has discovered the magic key to the game, which is having their defensive players target the offensive players. Pure Genius!!!

Wishboned
11/19/2013, 10:35 PM
No sexting.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/20/2013, 09:48 AM
Do they dial 1-900-mixalot?

engineer24
11/20/2013, 01:06 PM
Oh, damnit..........why didn't I figure it out untill now. The Big 12 has been calling their land line and, obviously, nobody uses thier land lines anymore, except to fax. That is why the Big 12 hasn't hammered Baylor with all of those targeting shots to the head. I wonder if Baylor is going to show up to the OSU game in fatigues to scare OSU.

The fact is they kicked our ***. It was extremely embarrasing to everyone in the program, minus Bob. Bryles has done so much more than Bob, with about 10% of the budget Bob has. I guess it is just because Bennett has discovered the magic key to the game, which is having their defensive players target the offensive players. Pure Genius!!!

Briles is hungry just like Bob Stoops used to be. I read a Barry Trammell article about how Stoops had changed since starting here in 1999. According to Trammel, he used to micromanage the program, coach special teams directly, and in general he was very involved in most of the coaching decisions. Nowadays Stoops seems to be more of a "CEO" kind of coach like Mack Brown is.

My guess is that Briles is micromanaging a lot of stuff and burning the midnight oil to develop strategy, keep up to date on his players progression, etc. I'm not sure that Stoops has that level of commitment any longer.

badger
11/20/2013, 01:10 PM
I know this is a copycat thread, but this reminded me of something I read on Mike Leach earlier this week.

Apparently, he was so miffed at officiating one UT game (who isn't?) that he called up the head of officiating during a game. Got out his cell phone and called em, right there on the sideline. (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24227974/mike-leach-once-called-the-big-12-commish-from-the-sidelines)

If I recall correctly, Leach received a record-high fine following the game, then he made a joke about always setting records at Tech :P

Ruf/Nek7
11/20/2013, 01:12 PM
I attended a weight training seminar at Baylor last summer and came away very impressed. They have created a unique style of football there and the athletes are buying into it. I had the opportunity to meet a few of the position coaches as well as all of the weight training staff and they are all have one clear goal and they all strive for it.

The coaching staff has great energy and they use that to energize the players. I believe that is the biggest key. I am really not shocked at all at their success this year. Congrats to Briles and what he is accomplishing right now.

JLMSOONER
11/20/2013, 02:58 PM
Briles is hungry just like Bob Stoops used to be. I read a Barry Trammell article about how Stoops had changed since starting here in 1999. According to Trammel, he used to micromanage the program, coach special teams directly, and in general he was very involved in most of the coaching decisions. Nowadays Stoops seems to be more of a "CEO" kind of coach like Mack Brown is.

My guess is that Briles is micromanaging a lot of stuff and burning the midnight oil to develop strategy, keep up to date on his players progression, etc. I'm not sure that Stoops has that level of commitment any longer.

See, this is just like the comments in the other thread and everyone thought they were fat jokes.