PDA

View Full Version : Devante Bond to OU

Salt City Sooner
11/19/2013, 12:49 AM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1577011

8timechamps
11/19/2013, 04:54 PM
Excellent pick up. I like Alexander and Shannon, but Bond will add depth and should contribute next year.

I don't think there was any doubt after his visit that he would be a Sooner.

8timechamps
11/19/2013, 08:34 PM
Here's some of Bond's highlights in JUCO. He's not as fast as Striker, but plays more violently (that's the only word I could use that fit, watch his film and judge for yourself):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNaCX5gYIxU

picasso
11/20/2013, 10:03 AM
Yeah but who did we beat out to get him?
That's all that matters.

Sooner in Tampa
11/20/2013, 11:20 AM
Yeah but who did we beat out to get him?
That's all that matters.

HAHAHA...maybe it will quiet the masses to know we beat out the bugeaters.

Widescreen
11/20/2013, 01:20 PM
I heard we beat out some school for the blind and a nunnery. But that nunnery is on an 14 game winning streak.

KantoSooner
11/20/2013, 02:38 PM
Yeah, well, that nunnery wouldn't be crap without Sister Ignatia. 6'4", 320 lb Jr. from Cameroon. Runs a 4.4 forty and benches 500lbs. Nosetackle who sometimes drops into coverage. Wouldn't be nothing without her.

8timechamps
11/20/2013, 05:16 PM
Yeah, well, that nunnery wouldn't be crap without Sister Ignatia. 6'4", 320 lb Jr. from Cameroon. Runs a 4.4 forty and benches 500lbs. Nosetackle who sometimes drops into coverage. Wouldn't be nothing without her.

Puh-lease.

I'm so tired of people pointing to Ignatia for the Nun's success.

If you followed the games at all, you'd know it's Sister Hopman, the undersized (6'1", 225 lb Sophomore) defensive end. Look no further than her game last week against the Sisters of St. Francis. 4 sacks, 6 TFL and 12 tackles. Everyone wants to pile on the Ignatiadozer band wagon, but I know talent when I see it!

KantoSooner
11/20/2013, 05:33 PM
I won't mention the unseemly amount of time you spent drooling over Hopman's ankles in your article last week in "Sisters of Football Digest". Had she not been taken already, I'd have thought you had something on for her.

8timechamps
11/20/2013, 07:00 PM
I won't mention the unseemly amount of time you spent drooling over Hopman's ankles in your article last week in "Sisters of Football Digest". Had she not been taken already, I'd have thought you had something on for her.

I may have taken it a bit far in that article, but if I were you, I wouldn't talk...remember your 6 piece special on GridironNuns.com about "the best bodies in the Sacred Heart league"?!

KantoSooner
11/21/2013, 10:30 AM
We don't speak of that.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/21/2013, 12:09 PM
Excellent pick up. I like Alexander and Shannon, but Bond will add depth and should contribute next year.

I don't think there was any doubt after his visit that he would be a Sooner.

This guy is an edge rusher, not an inside guy. I wouldn't be surprised if they use him and Striker on either edge.

8timechamps
11/21/2013, 05:17 PM
This guy is an edge rusher, not an inside guy. I wouldn't be surprised if they use him and Striker on either edge.

I addressed that in my second post. He's not as fast as Striker, but has an excellent nose for the ball and plays more physical.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/21/2013, 07:52 PM
I addressed that in my second post. He's not as fast as Striker, but has an excellent nose for the ball and plays more physical.

He gets to the QB faster than Striker does. He has that NFL pass rush lean down pat. That just isn't something you see a lot at the college level.

8timechamps
11/21/2013, 09:59 PM
He gets to the QB faster than Striker does. He has that NFL pass rush lean down pat. That just isn't something you see a lot at the college level.

You think? It's hard for me to tell based on the competition Bond has seen in JUCO. Either way, I like the idea of having him opposite Striker.

stoopified
11/22/2013, 03:09 PM
FWIW I just heard a Hale interview on KREF with Bond.Bond said coaches told him that want him opposite Striker to rush the qb from both edges.

8timechamps
11/22/2013, 06:56 PM
FWIW I just heard a Hale interview on KREF with Bond.Bond said coaches told him that want him opposite Striker to rush the qb from both edges.

That could be very good. I never get too excited about recruits, but the idea of having two OLBs that can/will get to the QB is interesting.

Before the Broncos let Dumerville go, they had him opposite of Von Miller, and it was always fun to watch. I wouldn't mind having a similar set up in Norman.

Therealsouthsider
11/25/2013, 10:02 PM
....by violent would you mean he has the physical tools to take short route to the ball e.g. The proverbial straight line.... I'll watch the highlights later

ss

sooneron
11/25/2013, 10:14 PM
Watching him, he reminds me of the hammer. Let's hope that he pans out better than Lewis did.

8timechamps
11/26/2013, 01:15 AM
....by violent would you mean he has the physical tools to take short route to the ball e.g. The proverbial straight line.... I'll watch the highlights later

ss

Yeah, something like that. It's hard to elaborate on, he just looks like he builds up a head of steam quicker than most, and hits with a purpose.