PDA

View Full Version : I want Baylor to sweep the B12

olevetonahill
11/17/2013, 07:06 PM
Screw it, I aint gonna cry cause they beat us, But I dayum sure want em to beat OsEwe , Then US beat the OsEwes .
My Money can stay in my pocket then, Providing we Take care of KSU.:wink:

Eielson
11/17/2013, 07:12 PM
I'm kinda pulling for some weird three-way tie between OSU, Texas, and Baylor. You know that Texas is going to put another asterisk up and OSU is going to get rings. I want to see Baylor not doing anything and look like the team used to winning.

Or if I get to live in a fantasy world, I'll have Baylor lose to OSU and Texas, and then us beat KSU and OSU to have a four way tie for first.

yermom
11/17/2013, 07:17 PM
i want Baylor and Texas to all lose at least twice and for us to win out.

if Baylor doesn't lose more than once, i'm fine with them not losing

olevetonahill
11/17/2013, 07:19 PM
I'm kinda pulling for some weird three-way tie between OSU, Texas, and Baylor. You know that Texas is going to put another asterisk up and OSU is going to get rings. I want to see Baylor not doing anything and look like the team used to winning.

Or if I get to live in a fantasy world, I'll have Baylor lose to OSU and Texas, and then us beat KSU and OSU to have a four way tie for first.

Like I said, I dont mind the Tard kids gettin em one now an again. Kinda Like the Nebbish Team Puttin that kid out there to score . http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/Vet.png

olevetonahill
11/17/2013, 07:25 PM
i want Baylor and Texas to all lose at least twice and for us to win out.

if Baylor doesn't lose more than once, i'm fine with them not losing

That dont help my Bet bro.Unless they Lose to Saxet an TCU . Then Saxet Loses to Soft tacos?

Too confusing. we cant win it Let Baylor take it and call it the Tard Trophy er sompun Then Lets Win out.
Ill buy a Beer er sompun lol

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2013, 07:26 PM
We're likely going to lose at Stillwater.

olevetonahill
11/17/2013, 07:27 PM

Warsh yer Galdayum Mouth out with Kerosene!

yermom
11/17/2013, 07:29 PM
what bet is this and why would i root against us winning a share of the Big 12?

okiewaker
11/17/2013, 07:36 PM
Pulling for Baylor the rest of the way. Think they can win out.

BoulderSooner79
11/18/2013, 12:32 AM
If Baylor wins next week, they move to BCS #3 assuming Bama/FSU stay put. But I'm not putting money on Baylor.

Peeb
11/18/2013, 12:36 AM

It is certainly within REASON that you could lose, but hardly likely.

My heart says OSU wins, but my head says Baylor.

picasso
11/18/2013, 01:39 PM
I think the pokes beat 'em.
Incredibly hard to go undefeated these days.

olevetonahill
11/18/2013, 02:32 PM
what bet is this and why would i root against us winning a share of the Big 12?

Us winning a Share is Far fetched at best, I have a 100 buck bet with MRcowpoke or whatever that WE finish higher in the B12 than they do.
I took his 100 last and I aint inclined to give it back this year! :cocksure:

tooslow
11/18/2013, 03:50 PM
I think Baylor goes undefeated. The Big XII is having a down year and Baylor has a good team. I know anything can happen, but that's just my opinion. I also think Baylor would beat tOSU. The Big 10, as well as the SEC, also appear to be down across the board this season. I'd still give Bama and FSU the edge over Baylor, but Baylor would put up some points against them.

SicEmBaylor
11/18/2013, 03:57 PM
FSU has been no more impressive (actually less so) than we've been this season, and their schedule isn't really any better.

Pitt? Nevada? Bethune-Cookman (wtf?)?

Yeah, that's an impressive schedule...and they won those games by less than what we did against comparable competition.

FSU's schedule is horrible.

tooslow
11/18/2013, 04:24 PM
FSU has been no more impressive (actually less so) than we've been this season, and their schedule isn't really any better.

Pitt? Nevada? Bethune-Cookman (wtf?)?

Yeah, that's an impressive schedule...and they won those games by less than what we did against comparable competition.

FSU's schedule is horrible.

I can agree with that. The only reply I have is that FSU stomped a mud hole in Clemson, who is currently ranked 7th in the BCS. When Baylor beats OSU, OSU will no longer be in the top 10 which will lead people to say the same thing about Baylor. "Who have they beaten?" Answer: OU (a team with no offensive identity) and OSU (lost to WVU??). FSU clearly has a leg up on WHO they've beaten this year. Baylor will most likely finish up with the better schedule rating. As of now, FSU has the 58th ranked schedule with Baylor ranked 85th.

badger
11/18/2013, 04:44 PM
If it's gonna happen then I won't lose sleep over it. OSU won the Big 12 in 2011 and that didn't stop KSU (and us too I guess) from winning it in 2012 like they (and us) had before. We still are more desired destination for top recruits than all of the above regardless of whether they win the conference once every decade or less

I'm turning apathetic and I know it. It's fitting, as I was already rather pathetic as a fan to begin with ;)

CowboyMRW
11/18/2013, 04:46 PM
FSU is ranked number 2 because they pass the eye test. The eye test is what kept OSU out in 2011 and will keep Baylor out this year (if they beat OSU).

Honestly I think FSU beats Bama by 17 if they played tomorrow.

SicEmBaylor
11/18/2013, 04:53 PM
FSU is ranked number 2 because they pass the eye test. The eye test is what kept OSU out in 2011 and will keep Baylor out this year (if they beat OSU).

I agree.

Peeb
11/19/2013, 11:21 PM
...There is an element of thought and logic involved in rankings.

There is also an element of bias and just plain stupidity.

As there always has been, I suppose.

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2013, 11:26 PM
There is an element of thought and logic involved in rankings.

There is also an element of bias and just plain stupidity.

As there always has been, I suppose.

But that will still exist, to a lesser extent, in the playoff system. At the end of the day, a committee of fallible humans is making a determination as to who gets in and who gets left out. I don't know what criteria they intend to use to make that determination, but it won't always be clear cut.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/20/2013, 02:32 AM
Like I said, I dont mind the Tard kids gettin em one now an again. Kinda Like the Nebbish Team Puttin that kid out there to score . http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/Vet.pngGo rough and ready teddys!!! Undefeated and consensus #4 in the country!

11/20/2013, 02:34 AM
WTF, big guy. What happened to all that bravado?

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2013, 02:47 AM
WTF, big guy. What happened to all that bravado?

???

What is it you think I've been saying? I thought from the first of the season we'd lose two games...we won one of those two, but I still think we'll lose in Stillwater. I always have.

Soonerjeepman
11/20/2013, 03:21 AM
i'm picking bu...

11/20/2013, 03:30 AM
What is it you think I've been saying? I thought from the first of the season we'd lose two games...we won one of those two, but I still think we'll lose in Stillwater. I always have.Every time i see you post on Baylor football, it's about how your boys are full of it all, and on a path of excellence and destruction. You even beat the Sooners with backups. You BETTER beat orange aggy. I don't want the 40+ yr. old MAN to get the better of the coaching genius from the banks of the Brazos.

Eielson
11/20/2013, 05:21 AM

OSU was kept out because everybody and their dog knew Alabama was the best team in the country. Hate on the BCS all you want, but they managed to crown the best team (like they almost always do), which is something college basketball can't say. I still don't understand how LSU pulled off that game, and I watched it all. Had Alabama won the first game against LSU decisively like they should have, I highly doubt they get a rematch.

Maybe tomorrow, but not in a bowl game. Alabama has been pretty much untouchable since the Utah disaster.

As for FSU not beating anybody, they've benefited from a couple things (Miami and Maryland were looking to be pretty good teams before the beatdowns, then have been exposed), but the Clemson game trumps anything Baylor has. I'll give in on Baylor being title game worthy if they beat OSU in 51-14 fashion. FSU doesn't pile on the points against bad teams like Baylor, but as far as defensive scoring goes, I don't remember any non-SEC teams being as dominant in recent years.

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2013, 06:13 AM
Every time i see you post on Baylor football, it's about how your boys are full of it all, and on a path of excellence and destruction. You even beat the Sooners with backups. You BETTER beat orange aggy. I don't want the 40+ yr. old MAN to get the better of the coaching genius from the banks of the Brazos.
lolz, I've never said any of those things.

Okie35
11/20/2013, 09:15 AM
???

What is it you think I've been saying? I thought from the first of the season we'd lose two games...we won one of those two, but I still think we'll lose in Stillwater. I always have.

You don't really think that do you? I do though. Your defense isn't as stout away plus your weakness is pass defense. If you win there's no doubt you win out though so good for you. You'll get Fresno State if everything stays the same.

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2013, 03:38 PM
You don't really think that do you? I do though. Your defense isn't as stout away plus your weakness is pass defense. If you win there's no doubt you win out though so good for you. You'll get Fresno State if everything stays the same.
I thought that at the beginning of the season, but I became more confident as the season went along (though I always worried about Stillwater). I'm pretty pessimistic at this point....Lache may or may not play, Hager is very possibly out, Glasco is out for the season, Tevin Reese is out for the season, Drango from the OL is out...

Those are some pretty big dents.

tooslow
11/21/2013, 09:51 AM
I think Baylor goes undefeated. The Big XII is having a down year and Baylor has a good team. I know anything can happen, but that's just my opinion. I also think Baylor would beat tOSU. The Big 10, as well as the SEC, also appear to be down across the board this season. I'd still give Bama and FSU the edge over Baylor, but Baylor would put up some points against them.

After much thought, I now think Baylor would beat Bama. Like most other people, I've been giving Bama credit for their past D. This year's D seems to be the poorest they've had in several years. A team like Baylor should be able to exploit that and I don't see Bama's O keeping up, even though their O appears to be the best they've had in several years.... I would give the edge to FSU over Baylor, but only if Winston is playing. That ordeal may derail their season, and rightfully so if the allegations are true.

I reserve the right to change my opinion after this week's games. lol

Eielson
11/23/2013, 12:55 PM
I've been giving Bama credit for their past D. This year's D seems to be the poorest they've had in several years.

I don't know how you used the word "poor" to describe this year's defense. They're #1 in the country in scoring defense. Only 2 of the 10 teams they've played have scored more than 10 points, and one of those only scored 17.

tooslow
11/23/2013, 01:37 PM
I've been giving Bama credit for their past D. This year's D seems to be the poorest they've had in several years.

I don't know how you used the word "poor" to describe this year's defense. They're #1 in the country in scoring defense. Only 2 of the 10 teams they've played have scored more than 10 points, and one of those only scored 17.

Awesome! I feel like a celebrity that's been misquoted. lol I never said their defense was "poor." I said, "poorest they've had in several years." Maybe it's just a coincidence, but the few games I've watched this year have been far less impressive than past years, as far their ability to completely dominate on the defensive side of the ball. In yards per game, I doubt they're leading the FBS like they have in the past. They might be in the top 5 or 10, but they are not the juggernaut they have been in the recent past. Keep in mind that I'm comparing their D against their past year's D, so this isn't a slight. I realize they have a very good D this year. I just feel like Baylor could do some damage. With the legal mess going on with Winston, we might just get to see a Bama-Baylor matchup if it affects the FSU team.