PDA

View Full Version : Marquise Overton

TheUnnamedSooner
11/17/2013, 04:46 PM
DT at Jenks. Just read an article where OU just offered. What's the scoop on him and do we have a good shot at him?

KantoSooner
11/18/2013, 11:54 AM
A brief bit of googling and he's: 280-300 lbs, 6-0 to 6-2 depending on whose tape you trust. 4 star and somewhere around 11-15th best DT and top 100-ish overall player in his class (2015). Apparently he is a strong OU lean, but we didn't recruit him hard until laterly (dunno why). Jenks is a solid program, generally in the mix for state championship (in case you're not from around here). has offers from Ole Miss, Baylor, OSU, Tulsa, Oregon State, TT, Toledo and us among others.
Seems like he'd be a quality recruit.
Other than that, I know nothing.

Ruf/Nek7
11/18/2013, 12:34 PM
From what i have heard, an offer is about equal to a commitment. Now that is what i have heard elsewhere but it a creditable source. Hope it works out.

8timechamps
11/18/2013, 06:30 PM
Overton is good. Not great.

He has camped at OU the last few summers, and didn't really make noise until last summer. He was on OU's board, but I think they wanted to see if his performance last summer was just a one time thing, or if he was going to carry it over to the season. He appears to be picking up his play.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up as a Sooner, but I'm sure there will be other schools that will add their offers.

Last year, Overton matched up with OU commit Josh Wariboko, and Wariboko shut him down. I'm not sure if that's a positive on Wariboko or a negative on Overton.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/19/2013, 12:34 AM
Interesting stuff. Let's hope he continues to improve and that wariboko is that good

8timechamps
11/19/2013, 04:55 PM
Interesting stuff. Let's hope he continues to improve and that wariboko is that good

I think Wariboko is that good. I also think Overton will continue to progress. If Montgomery is the coach I think he is, and Overton does commit, we could be looking at a very solid line in the next couple of years.