PDA

View Full Version : Thank you OU students!

SOONER44EVER
11/17/2013, 01:26 AM
We walked over from some crappy end zone seats and got 4 seats together on the aisle about 12 rows up in the half empty student section. Awesome!!!!

cleller
11/17/2013, 09:25 AM
Dang, it was Dad's dad, too. My brother was their with his daughter.

HToady
11/18/2013, 10:08 PM
You can thank Fox. Students can't make it to 11:00 games…anywhere.

PLaw
11/19/2013, 07:17 AM
We walked over from some crappy end zone seats and got 4 seats together on the aisle about 12 rows up in the half empty student section. Awesome!!!!
Well, when you got there, did you happen to look over at big donor sections 3-7 under the press box? That was pretty empty, too.

I sat in the student section and most everyone hung around until midway through Q4.

Boomer

SOONER44EVER
11/19/2013, 11:44 AM
Well, when you got there, did you happen to look over at big donor sections 3-7 under the press box? That was pretty empty, too.

I sat in the student section and most everyone hung around until midway through Q4.

Boomer Don't get me wrong, I hate these morning games as much as anyone, but.............we went over to the student section before the 1st qtr. was over. I drove 40 miles with a wife and 2 kids and seemed to make it on time. I just don't understand why the students can't walk a few blocks and get there.

KantoSooner
11/19/2013, 11:49 AM
Time is a relative concept. 11 a.m. is far earlier for a 20 year old who was still trying desperately to find a sleeping partner only six hours earlier.

olevetonahill
11/19/2013, 11:51 AM
Don't get me wrong, I hate these morning games as much as anyone, but.............we went over to the student section before the 1st qtr. was over. I drove 40 miles with a wife and 2 kids and seemed to make it on time. I just don't understand why the students can't walk a few blocks and get there.

You are an OLD fart if ya cant figure out how 18,19,20 year old Kids cant get their Durnk asses out of bed and stagger that far.

kbsooner21
11/19/2013, 02:13 PM
Our students are weak

Temujin
11/19/2013, 03:01 PM
I thought it was ironic that the guys behind us complained about the student section, and then they left before we even scored. Seriously, one of the guys behind us was griping about the offense (rightfully so) and said that if Iowa State scored a TD he was going to leave...and he did. They all (about 6 of them) left before Saunders scored on the punt return.

I'm pretty sure that they're season ticket holders, since they had those seat back/cushion combos bolted to the stands. I don't know these guys situation, but it seems odd to be a season ticket holder and be so apathetic about going to the games. Just seems like a waste - hell I'll take their tickets cheap if they don't want them, and I'll show up every game from KC...and stay the whole time.

rock on sooner
11/19/2013, 04:49 PM
You are an OLD fart if ya cant figure out how 18,19,20 year old Kids cant get their Durnk asses out of bed and stagger that far.

Heh, when I were 20 I were in Scotland, werking shift werk and, man, when
it were day shift (0700-1500) a lot of us would simply wait till after the shift
before we WENT to bed...'course bloodshot eyes and huge amounts of really
bad coffee were in order....dayum fine duty...Scotland!:devilish: but Uncle Sam
got even when he sent me to Pakistan....