PDA

View Full Version : Good news for some U.S. service members and veterans.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/16/2013, 11:32 PM
and bad news for Okie52...

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-relying-more-immigration-rule-changes-185002085.html

Turd_Ferguson
11/17/2013, 06:56 AM
I don't have a problem letting military spouses stay in the country unless they're mexican.

okie52
11/17/2013, 08:00 AM
and bad news for Okie52...

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-relying-more-immigration-rule-changes-185002085.html

Heh, there was good news in that article juan...didn't you see where it said there was little chance of amnesty passing? Millions left in the shadows...

FaninAma
11/17/2013, 12:31 PM
I don't understand why it is an issue in the first place. All members of the US military have to be US citizens or hold a green card. That would seem their spouses and children should be in this country legally also.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/f/noncitizen.htm

i think this is just a hallow action done for show and publicity. It is really getting old how members of our military are being used more and more for propagandist advantage by both sides of the political spectrum.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/17/2013, 01:45 PM
I don't understand why it is an issue in the first place. All members of the US military have to be US citizens or hold a green card. That would seem their spouses and children should be in this country legally also.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/f/noncitizen.htm

i think this is just a hallow action done for show and publicity. It is really getting old how members of our military are being used more and more for propagandist advantage by both sides of the political spectrum.\

This is an incorrect assumption. It can take many years to get petitions approved.

FaninAma
11/17/2013, 02:00 PM
\

This is an incorrect assumption. It can take many years to get petitions approved.
Do the petitions from green card holders to bring their families ever get denied? How many green card holders are in the US military?

SanJoaquinSooner
11/17/2013, 03:17 PM
I've read there are about 35,000 on active duty or in the reserves, but the numbers are continually pressed downward because many naturalize to citizenship as a result of serving.

Yes, sometimes petitions are denied. If the person has been convicted of a felony they are usually denied. They must have a financial sponsor whose income is sufficient, to assure the person does not become a ward of the state. I have served as financial sponsor for four petitions. A lack of proper financial sponsorship is a common reason for being denied.

I have two sisters-in-law who we petitioned as minors and they "timed out" i.e., turned 21 before their petitions were acted upon, which put them in a different line. They've been waiting 15 years and are likely to wait another 20 years if there is not a change in legislation.

The real bummer, is that once they petitioned, they are not longer eligible for a tourist visa. They can't even come to visit their own ****ing mom or grandma or sister (my wife), never mind that I could easily afford to put up a bond to assure their return. If they were Canadian they could come over without any kind of tourist visa or green card.

In my opinion, this is the worst part of the law and contributes to more illegal immigration. If they could visit legally while waiting years for the green card, they would be less likely to come illegally.

diverdog
11/17/2013, 03:19 PM
Do the petitions from green card holders to bring their families ever get denied? How many green card holders are in the US military?

We have tried to deport spouses of KIA who are here on either a temporary visa or illegally. In my books if your husband dies in action then you should be an automatic US citizen. We are not talking about a lot of people.

Turd_Ferguson
11/17/2013, 03:20 PM
How come their mom, grandma and your wife don't just go down there?

FaninAma
11/17/2013, 03:26 PM
We have tried to deport spouses of KIA who are here on either a temporary visa or illegally. In my books if your husband dies in action then you should be an automatic US citizen. We are not talking about a lot of people.
I agree. If there are any among the 15 million Obama and the Dems ant to give legal status to they should be given immediate citizenship. I suspect the number will be very small.

BTW, why does a country have any immigration laws on the books in the first place?

SanJoaquinSooner
11/17/2013, 03:38 PM
How come their mom, grandma and your wife don't just go down there?

Well, they have many times. My wife and I were originally married civilly and just had a catholic ceremony early this year. The ceremony was in the U.S., not Mexico. So there may be reasons for them to visit the U.S. My wife's sisters could not legally attend.

But why would you want to restrict our visits with family to visits outside the U.S.? I'd like to take them to Disneyland and Lake Tahoe and San Francisco. I can't do that by visiting them in Mexico. Their grandma has very poor eyesight which makes it difficult for her to travel, especially alone.

Here is a pic of grandma with her citizenship certificate she earned a couple of years ago. She had a green card for about 25 years.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af80/sanjoaquinsooner/esther.jpg

olevetonahill
11/17/2013, 04:04 PM
jaun you keep making the comparison of MessyCans to Canadians. Dont you get it? We LIKE Canadians the MessyCans well here Play this game again.

http://www.flashrolls.com/shooting-games/Border-Patrol-Flash-Game.htm

diverdog
11/17/2013, 04:20 PM
jaun you keep making the comparison of MessyCans to Canadians. Dont you get it? We LIKE Canadians the MessyCans well here Play this game again.

52 wetbacks lol. I am going to hell.

olevetonahill
11/17/2013, 04:29 PM
52 wetbacks lol. I am going to hell.

Yer better than me LOL. I keep imagining some of em are jauns Kin so I show a bit of Mercy

Turd_Ferguson
11/17/2013, 07:36 PM
Damn...25. Them are some rapido penche mexicano's...

olevetonahill
11/17/2013, 10:39 PM
Damn...25. Them are some rapido penche mexicano's...

Ya score Higher If Ya hit the Preggo Beaner with 3 kids !

SanJoaquinSooner
11/18/2013, 01:21 AM

So vet, you like that Canadian American who appears to be running for president - ted cruz?

okie52
11/18/2013, 05:41 AM
So juan, is your family upset that it looks like amnesty is going down in flames...again?

olevetonahill
11/18/2013, 08:02 AM
So vet, you like that Canadian American who appears to be running for president - ted cruz?

Dont much care fer that beaver kid tho.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/18/2013, 10:57 AM
So juan, is your family upset that it looks like amnesty is going down in flames...again?

More upset that they did it the right way and it translated to "bend over and grab your ankles, suckers"

okie52
11/18/2013, 11:15 AM
More upset that they did it the right way and it translated to "bend over and grab your ankles, suckers"

But if those that did it the wrong way don't get citizenship then why would your family feel "cheated"?

okie52
11/18/2013, 11:17 AM
I've read there are about 35,000 on active duty or in the reserves, but the numbers are continually pressed downward because many naturalize to citizenship as a result of serving.

Yes, sometimes petitions are denied. If the person has been convicted of a felony they are usually denied. They must have a financial sponsor whose income is sufficient, to assure the person does not become a ward of the state. I have served as financial sponsor for four petitions. A lack of proper financial sponsorship is a common reason for being denied.

I have two sisters-in-law who we petitioned as minors and they "timed out" i.e., turned 21 before their petitions were acted upon, which put them in a different line. They've been waiting 15 years and are likely to wait another 20 years if there is not a change in legislation.

The real bummer, is that once they petitioned, they are not longer eligible for a tourist visa. They can't even come to visit their own ****ing mom or grandma or sister (my wife), never mind that I could easily afford to put up a bond to assure their return. If they were Canadian they could come over without any kind of tourist visa or green card.

In my opinion, this is the worst part of the law and contributes to more illegal immigration. If they could visit legally while waiting years for the green card, they would be less likely to come illegally.

Aren't about 40% of all illegals here on visa overstays? That's about 4.4 million people.

Do we have 11,000,000 Canadians here illegally?

SanJoaquinSooner
11/18/2013, 02:01 PM
Aren't about 40% of all illegals here on visa overstays? That's about 4.4 million people.

Do we have 11,000,000 Canadians here illegally?

Canadians can cross the border without a visa, so no.

Many are Asians who came here on a visa and overstayed.

okie52
11/18/2013, 02:41 PM
Canadians can cross the border without a visa, so no.

Many are Asians who came here on a visa and overstayed.

Heh, if we had 11,000,000 Canadians illegally in the US it would be over 1/3 of Canada.

More than 1/2 of all visa overstays are Mexicans with Hispanics comprising a large amount of the rest.

olevetonahill
11/18/2013, 02:58 PM

jaun, Can you not agree that the Problems with coming here legally are Caused by ALL of those who do it Illegally?
You keep comparing mexico to Canada . The deal is the Canadians usually come for a Visit then Go home, Most of them like Canada Better than the US anyway.

Whya arnt Messicans Flocking to Canada? then they can come here with out a visa.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/18/2013, 06:31 PM
Heh, if we had 11,000,000 Canadians illegally in the US it would be over 1/3 of Canada.

More than 1/2 of all visa overstays are Mexicans with Hispanics comprising a large amount of the rest.

what is your source on a majority of overstayers being Mexican?

SanJoaquinSooner
11/18/2013, 06:53 PM
jaun, Can you not agree that the Problems with coming here legally are Caused by ALL of those who do it Illegally?
You keep comparing mexico to Canada . The deal is the Canadians usually come for a Visit then Go home, Most of them like Canada Better than the US anyway.

Whya arnt Messicans Flocking to Canada? then they can come here with out a visa.

1. The dates used to process applications are determined by the limitations of how many can be admitted from one country each year. It has nothing to do with how many choose to wait in the U.S. illegally or how many are in the U.S. illegally. The inability to get a tourist visa once you get in line for a green card has nothing to do with the number who enter illegally.

2. Canadians don't need a visa from the u.s. to visit, but they do need proof of Canadian citizenship. So a Mexican going to Canada won't help in that way.

3. Many Canadians don't go home. They stay and work as comedians leading to high unemployment among U.S. born comedians, no doubt. But if they are funnier, I say no affirmative action for U.S. comedians. see the list of job stealers here: http://www.imdb.com/list/kirRKd7KRAU/

SanJoaquinSooner
11/18/2013, 06:57 PM
But if those that did it the wrong way don't get citizenship then why would your family feel "cheated"?

I didn't say they would. none of Maria's family is concerned about the path to citizenship portion of reform. They want family members to be able to go back and forth.

okie52
11/19/2013, 03:10 AM
I didn't say they would. none of Maria's family is concerned about the path to citizenship portion of reform. They want family members to be able to go back and forth.

Well it's a shame that the illegal Mexicans ruined it for your family. If they had been from Canada then there wouldn't have been a problem.

okie52
11/19/2013, 02:05 PM
I posted this on another board but this is a compromise I might be able to live with:

Immigration Reform 2013 is Dead, But There's Another Solution
Michelangelo Landgrave's avatar image By Michelangelo Landgrave 18 hours ago 13 COMMENTS | 18 SHARES

Immigration reform is dead, or at least delayed, through the end of 2013. This means that the United States' 12 million undocumented immigrants will remain in the shadows. This means that Uncle Sam will continue to try to centrally plan unions' labor markets. This also means that reformers have time over the holidays to rethink solutions.

The Senate immigration bill had several points that we should all be able to agree with. It included provisions that would have helped expand the number of physicians immigrating to the U.S., dealt with the crisis in the Northern Mariana Islands, and moved us towards a merit-based immigration system. However, it was far from perfect.

There is one solution to immigration reform that I've longed favored, which I hope can now be considered more seriously: the expansion of the North American Trade Agreement (NAFTA) to include the labor market. Under such a system, citizens of any nation involved in the trade agreement would be be allowed to freely travel, work, and live in in the other member states. Anyone wishing to naturalize as a U.S. citizen could do so under existing channels as a NAFTA registered worker. Such a system would not give migrants access to the U.S. welfare system, and as such, would not impose a fiscal cost.

This solution would also provide a legal status for most of America's undocumented workers without granting them U.S. citizenship. The vast majority of undocumented immigrants currently in the U.S. are from neighboring American countries such as Mexico, El Salvador, Honduras, and Ecuador. They would need no pathway to citizenship as they would be able to exercise their home citizenship while working in the U.S.

Is this a crackpot proposal with no grounding in reality? Not at all. Similar agreements exist elsewhere in the world, allowing citizens of multiple countries a high degree of freedom to live and work in other member states while retaining their home citizenship. There is the Schengen Area that covers much of Europe. The United Kingdom and Ireland also share a common travel area. As do the many Central American countries. What is the U.S. but an agreement by the 50 sovereign states to allow their citizens to freely move within the union?

This solution would not only grant legal status to America's 12 million undocumented immigrants, but would solve any secondary issues as well.

Undocumented immigrants could be completely exempt from the U.S. welfare system and, under Obamacare provisions relating to foreigners, required to pay for their own private health insurance. This requirement would actually serve as a deterrent against mass immigration into the U.S.; only those who could earn enough to cover their health insurance bills would come.

Allowing migrants to easily move back and forth between their home country and the U.S. would also discourage them from bringing their family with them. Seasonal farm workers would likely only come for work and return home in the off-season. Even non-farm workers are likely to migrate back home after reaching their target savings. Immigration, after all, is a stressful process that many undergo only out of desperation to feed themselves and their families.

Some former undocumented immigrants would likely remain in the U.S. permanently with their families, but this is because many of them have resided here for so long that they have become Americanized and consider the U.S. their home. If one of our immigration goals is the assimilation of immigrants, then we shouldn't worry about those who stay, as they have already become assimilated.

Most importantly, though, this plan would create a pool of labor for U.S. employers to draw upon as needed without government red tape involved. It would allow the market, instead of some D.C. bureaucrat, to decide on the number of workers needed.

It goes without saying, of course, that this would not grant migrants any right to vote in federal elections. Individual states and communities may elect to give partial voting rights to long-term residents, but that is an issue best left in the hands of those local authorities.

This plan would by no means be perfect. There would still be a few undocumented immigrants, but surely they could be granted a special visa to regularize their status.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/69105/immigration-reform-2013-is-dead-but-there-s-another-solution

As he says, not perfect but it would solve a lot of problems.

okie52
11/25/2013, 04:41 PM
Gallup: Democrats Outnumber GOP by 2-1 Among Hispanics
Friday, 09 Aug 2013 11:45 AM
By Dan Weil

Democrat Hispanics outnumber Republicans by 2-1 according to a new Gallup poll.

Among Latinos born in the United States and whose parents were born here, 64 percent told the pollsters they are Democrats or lean Democratic, while 30 percent are Republicans or lean Republican and 6 percent are independents.

Of those born in the United States with at least one of their parents born abroad, 57 percent identify with the Democrats with 34 percent saying they are pro-GOP, and 6 percent are independents.

As for foreign-born Hispanics, 57 percent are Democrats or lean that way, 25 percent are Republicans, and 16 percent are independents.

"This significant Democratic advantage among Hispanics, regardless of whether they are U.S.-born or immigrants, suggests that simply waiting for Hispanics to assimilate will not be a successful strategy for Republicans hoping to capture a greater percentage of the Hispanic vote," writes Frank Newport and Joy Wilke of Gallup.

The poll of 1,000 Hispanics was conducted June 13 to July 5.

© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/politics/gallup-hispanic-voters-gop/2013/08/09/id/519627#ixzz2lhBZ9x1R

Obviously this would be news to McCain, Graham and Rubio...

SanJoaquinSooner
12/1/2013, 01:03 AM
"This significant Democratic advantage among Hispanics, regardless of whether they are U.S.-born or immigrants, suggests that simply waiting for Hispanics to assimilate will not be a successful strategy for Republicans hoping to capture a greater percentage of the Hispanic vote," writes Frank Newport and Joy Wilke of Gallup.

Obviously this would be news to McCain, Graham and Rubio...

Okie, that would be the first problem for pubs if they think just because someone assimilates they going to vote pub. Pubs might actually have get creative and devise a strategy to get new voters. They do a horrible job marketing what might appeal to Latinos. For example, Latinos are more likely to have a goal of small business ownership. Pubs could really press on easing regulations to make it easier to start and maintain a business. They could press harder for school vouchers, as many Latinos would prefer Catholic schools over public schools if they were affordable.

okie52
12/1/2013, 11:55 AM
Okie, that would be the first problem for pubs if they think just because someone assimilates they going to vote pub. Pubs might actually have get creative and devise a strategy to get new voters. They do a horrible job marketing what might appeal to Latinos. For example, Latinos are more likely to have a goal of small business ownership. Pubs could really press on easing regulations to make it easier to start and maintain a business. They could press harder for school vouchers, as many Latinos would prefer Catholic schools over public schools if they were affordable.

Hell juan, pubs are the only ones pushing vouchers and reduced regulation but the Latinos (other than that 30%) won't hear it because they demand amnesty. But I don't believe the Latinos prioritize those issues as high as they do their belief in big government

FaninAma
12/1/2013, 04:04 PM

You can't force an individual or group to educate themselves about the issues. The information is out there. Those who vote for the Democrats don't want to educate themselves about the issues. The only way they will see what they have done with their vote is for the socialist agenda to reach its ultimate conclusion. Even then they will not do any self examination or be honest about the role they themselves played in the catastrophe after the system goes bankrupt taking our economy down with it. They'll be pointing fingers at those of us who failed to pay even more taxes to keep the failing entitlement programs alive.

All one has to do is to look at Greece, Spain and Italy to see how this will ultimately end.