PDA

View Full Version : When Is The League Going To Call Baylor On The Head Shots?

FaninAma
11/16/2013, 09:02 PM
I thought there was a new targeting rule this year.

David Earl
11/16/2013, 09:04 PM
$$

cvsooner
11/16/2013, 09:04 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. Don't know why Baylor has suddenly become the golden boys of the Big 12, but there it is. They remind me more of the '80s and '90s Miami teams than anything. They may also be in trouble.

FaninAma
11/16/2013, 09:06 PM
Its ridiculous considering the emphasis on targeting high how they have gotten away with injuring 2 very good players the last 2 games.

SoonerMarkVA
11/16/2013, 09:06 PM
Yeah, it's ridiculous. That's two BS shots that I know of. I assume this didn't come out of nowhere the last two weeks. Those guys are a-holes for going after the receivers like that.

FaninAma
11/16/2013, 09:10 PM
Head injuries will be the thing that kills off college football yet it appears the officials are only half-heartedly enforcing the new rule.

GDC
11/16/2013, 10:14 PM
Even the commentators talked about how their dbs are getting away with holding on a regular basis. They must be paying somebody very well. I'll overjoyed when somebody has takes these aholes down.

cvsooner
11/16/2013, 10:15 PM
They keep this up and somebody will take their QB's head off. It might be worth an ejection...send a scrub in to just level the guy and put him out.

tycat947
11/16/2013, 10:16 PM
AND the holding by Hypocrite U's defensive backs! Unreal!

cvsooner
11/16/2013, 10:24 PM
Petty came up limping after the sack. Tech called for holding on the punt return. Tech is its own worst enemy. though how much of that is refs seeing holding going one way and not the other, I dunno...

GDC
11/16/2013, 10:36 PM
Insteresting that there wasn't a camera closer to the goal line to review that "td".

lexsooner
11/16/2013, 10:38 PM
I was especially PO'ed by the victory dance the Baylor thug did after they ruled he was eligible after his cheap shot on Shepard. I didn't realize Huntsville prison issued football work passes for their convicts.

GDC
11/16/2013, 10:44 PM
Looks like this one is over. Baylor definitely is playing some inspired ball and caught the Big 12 during a down period. Okie state might be the one to get them but they aren't all they are cracked up to be either.

GDC
11/16/2013, 10:47 PM
Oh darn, #1 thug is down.

diverdog
11/16/2013, 11:29 PM
I smell a rat in this Baylor program. It would not surprise me one bit that there are massive recruiting violations going on.

Okie35
11/16/2013, 11:35 PM
Stop it, but Baylor loses next week book it.

soonerinabilene
11/16/2013, 11:39 PM
I smell a rat in this Baylor program. It would not surprise me one bit that there are massive recruiting violations going on.

It would shock the heck out of me. Briles is, and always has been dating back to his high school coaching days, a straight laced by the book kind of guy.

BoulderSooner79
11/17/2013, 12:19 AM
Stop it, but Baylor loses next week book it.

I'm not putting money on it, but it wouldn't surprise me. It should be their biggest challenge by far. Also seems Baylor lost a couple more players this week go add to what they lost against us.

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2013, 12:51 AM
Wipe the sand out of your vaginas.

bluedogok
11/17/2013, 10:11 AM
I think having spent so many years in high school Briles is just a much better talent evaluator than most other coaches, he isn't doing this with the level of talent that Saban gets regularly. Baylor just now getting in the fight for top level talent but for the most part recruits below the "elite" level of the top teams.

Flagstaffsooner
11/17/2013, 10:30 AM

Grow up.

OU_Sooners75
11/17/2013, 10:32 AM

It would shock the heck out of me. Briles is, and always has been dating back to his high school coaching days, a straight laced by the book kind of guy.

It doesn't matter what you've done in your past, all it takes is just one time to sell your soul. Ask Nick Saban!

FaninAma
11/17/2013, 12:49 PM
Sic'em, the announcers are the ones who talked about the Baylor coaching staff over-emphasizing being physical in games by putting up signs and other reminders around the Bear facilities. I think the 18 to 20 year old players may have taken the emphasis too far.

i think if the trend continues other coaches in the Big 12 will get the attention of the league office.

BTW, I am willing to bet if one of your best receivers had been knocked out of the next 2 games by an obvious targeting shot you would be whining and bitching all over this board.

BajaOklahoma
11/17/2013, 01:09 PM
Sic'em, the announcers are the ones who talked about the Baylor coaching staff over-emphasizing being physical in games by putting up signs and other reminders around the Bear facilities. I think the 18 to 20 year old players may have taken the emphasis too far.

i think if the trend continues other coaches in the Big 12 will get the attention of the league office.

BTW, I am willing to bet if one of your best receivers had been knocked out of the next 2 games by an obvious targeting shot you would be whining and bitching all over this board.

Agrred.
I'm actually surprised that the leagues aren't reviewing the games and looking for targeting that wasn't/should have been called. After all, it's all about protecting the players.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/17/2013, 01:20 PM

It must really suck to be a Baylor fan. Here Baylor is with their best team ever and they're going to go undefeated in the regular season and still not play for the national title. Baylor is along the lines of those Utah and Boise St. teams. Recruits will start realizing that Baylor is always going to be treated like the little bitch program that they are and want to go somewhere where they can play for and win national titles. Enjoy going back to your cheese whiz defense next season, since Baylor's experience level on defense is what made their defense this year since Phil Bennett did not make any personnel or schematic changes to improve Baylor's defense.

ashley
11/17/2013, 01:22 PM
Good heavens. I only saw one that should have been called.

Jacie
11/17/2013, 01:26 PM

They also suggested that the officials see the BU defensive backs holding so much that they were "numb" to it, so talk about the bear defense playing dirty is more than just a few disgruntled fans.

tycat947
11/17/2013, 01:43 PM
They also suggested that the officials see the BU defensive backs holding so much that they were "numb" to it, so talk about the bear defense playing dirty is more than just a few disgruntled fans.

They don't call them Hypocrite U for nothing!!!

FaninAma
11/17/2013, 03:06 PM
Good heavens. I only saw one that should have been called.
I saw 2 in the OU game and 2 in the TT game. How many non-calls do you think should be allowed per game? Or perhaps th more appropriate question is how many players' careers should be threatened with a head injury before the league takes action?

Now that Shepard has been documented with a clinical concussive syndrome his career will probably be over with the next one. That is how it works now. No coaching staff is going to risk playing a player who has had more than 2 concussions that led to the player missing significant playing time. See David Ash of Texas. They would be nuts to do so.

BTW Sic'em your purjorative statement is probably the same thing the NFL said to the players who have since sued them and won multiple millions of dollars from the league.

arcman46
11/17/2013, 03:47 PM
There were 2 in the TTU game that were in the same series. An elbow thrown at the head, and then a helmet to helmet hit on the next or second to next play.

Scott D
11/17/2013, 04:33 PM
[Mark Mangino]BCS! That's Why![/Mark Mangino]

GDC
11/17/2013, 05:50 PM
Hopefully it's no more than a year or two of this current annoyance and order will be restored to the universe.

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2013, 05:55 PM
I saw 2 in the OU game and 2 in the TT game. How many non-calls do you think should be allowed per game? Or perhaps th more appropriate question is how many players' careers should be threatened with a head injury before the league takes action?

Now that Shepard has been documented with a clinical concussive syndrome his career will probably be over with the next one. That is how it works now. No coaching staff is going to risk playing a player who has had more than 2 concussions that led to the player missing significant playing time. See David Ash of Texas. They would be nuts to do so.

BTW Sic'em your purjorative statement is probably the same thing the NFL said to the players who have since sued them and won multiple millions of dollars from the league.

Dixon stood in virtually the same spot with the exact same stance as the OU player was running at him. Dixon orientated his shoulder to match the OU player's shoulder...now Dixon never changed his position but the OU player dropped his head down and led with his head into Dixon's shoulder. Calling that 'targeting' by Dixon is stupid.

If this play were a few years ago made by an OU player, you'd be playing it on continuous loop on pre-game highlight reels. There's a serious case of hypocrisy among some of you that is becoming increasingly difficult to stomach.

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2013, 05:59 PM
I have never seen a fanbase more completely and utterly butthurt by the rise of a team not named 'Oklahoma' than you people are with Baylor this season.

I ran in to pick up an order last night, and this fat-*** with an OU sweatshirt on with his old saggy-tits lady saw my Baylor hat and he mumbled, "bandwagoner" under his breath as he passed me. Jesus Christ.

I honestly never thought I'd say this, but it's actually starting to sour my opinion of OU fans.

Eielson
11/17/2013, 06:13 PM
If this play were a few years ago made by an OU player, you'd be playing it on continuous loop on pre-game highlight reels. There's a serious case of hypocrisy among some of you that is becoming increasingly difficult to stomach.

I agree that we probably would have a few years ago. A lot of things have changed in the last few years, though, and I'm not referring to the rulebook. The massive cover up by the NFL about cognitive health is crumbling, the NFL's future was jeopardized, and legendary players are committing suicide.

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2013, 06:17 PM
I agree that we probably would have a few years ago. A lot of things have changed in the last few years, though, and I'm not referring to the rulebook. The massive cover up by the NFL about cognitive health is crumbling, the NFL's future was jeopardized, and legendary players are committing suicide.

Really? A few years ago people were oblivious that using your head to tackle could possibly cause massive head trauma and permanent brain damage? What a revelation! Is this kind of like nobody had a clue that cigs could possibly be bad for you until the government officially pointed it out? Give me a break.

Nonetheless, I still have not seen an obvious targeting foul by anyone from Baylor. Personal fouls...yes but not targeting.

Eielson
11/17/2013, 06:37 PM
Really? A few years ago people were oblivious that using your head to tackle could possibly cause massive head trauma and permanent brain damage? What a revelation! Is this kind of like nobody had a clue that cigs could possibly be bad for you until the government officially pointed it out? Give me a break.

It was known that it COULD cause problems, but the severity and frequency were being covered up. Issues were certainly around, but don't make it sound like players as popular as Junior Seau were committing suicide regularly and $800M lawsuits were being thrown around like candy.

Also, Shepard is one of the most liked players on this team, and he has been ever since he leaped over somebody in the K-State game his freshman year. He also has a great life story to go with it. You don't know why OU fans were bothered to see him go down for multiple games, and have his career threatened?

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2013, 06:41 PM
Also, Shepard is one of the most liked players on this team, and he has been ever since he leaped over somebody in the K-State game his freshman year. He also has a great life story to go with it. You don't know why OU fans were bothered to see him go down for multiple games, and have his career threatened?

That's not at all what I said or implied. Of course I understand, and God knows I don't want anyone to be hurt. But Dixon did not intentionally target him. Dixon did not lead into that tackle with his head -- he led into it with his shoulder aiming for Shepard's shoulder when Shepard dropped his head down and ran into the tackle.

CowboyMRW
11/17/2013, 06:55 PM
It makes me laugh that Sicem is covering for Dixon when he's not even the one that took out Shepard.

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2013, 06:59 PM
It makes me laugh that Sicem is covering for Dixon when he's not even the one that took out Shepard.
That's right, it was Morton not Dixon! Hey they all look the same to me! ;)

Interestingly, MORTON had almost the same kind of tackle last night against Tech with the difference being that the Tech player didn't lower his head going into the tackle...it ended up being a clean shoulder-shoulder tackle.

In the interest of all fairness, I won't deny that both Morton and Dixon are a little on the "thuggy" side.

Eielson
11/17/2013, 07:07 PM
If you understand why we're bothered by Shep getting hurt, and you think Morton and Dixon are both on the "thuggy" side, what part of this thread do you have an issue with? Throw in brain trauma, and that's pretty much all this thread is about.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/17/2013, 07:21 PM
I felt sorry for Shep on that hit, but I didn't think it was a thug play (penalty yes, but not thuggish). If I had a problem with anyone it was Blake for exposing Sterling like that.

Dixon, though, I can see the hate for. The play after Sterling was carted off, we have 1st and goal and he is in the back of the end zone dancing for the crowd (after he'd just gotten 2 penalties). The sequence is as follows:

"Throw another flag at that moron"
We hike the ball
We get stuffed for a 3 yard loss 11 on 10.
"Never mind on the flag, unless you can shape it into a dress for our OL"

As for Briles and recruiting - this is exactly what I've been saying forever. You can assemble a really really good college team without relying on "top recruits". You have to have some, but if the majority of your players are workmanlike role players, it is all you need. The last 5 years I'd have killed for a Roger Steffen.

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2013, 07:25 PM
If you understand why we're bothered by Shep getting hurt, and you think Morton and Dixon are both on the "thuggy" side, what part of this thread do you have an issue with? Throw in brain trauma, and that's pretty much all this thread is about.

I have an issue with suggesting that the conference needs to "come down" on Baylor players for targeting when I have yet to see targeting especially that hit against Shepard.

Eielson
11/17/2013, 07:31 PM
I have an issue with suggesting that the conference needs to "come down" on Baylor players for targeting when I have yet to see targeting especially that hit against Shepard.

Well, yeah, that's kinda dumb.

FaninAma
11/17/2013, 07:37 PM
I felt sorry for Shep on that hit, but I didn't think it was a thug play (penalty yes, but not thuggish). .
Couldn't disagree more. Bell didn't leave him vulnerable. Sterling actually took 2 steps with the ball after catching it and could see Morton coming in high at his head.......that is why he ducked. Then Morton follows through for extra emphasis.

http://t.gamedayr.com/gamedayr/#!/entry/video-kj-morton-levels-sterling-shepard-with-monster-hit,527c3e1d025312186c8065c2/media/2

BTW, isn't there a pending assault charge from September pending against Dixon?

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2013, 07:40 PM
Couldn't disagree more. Bell didn't leave himvulnerable. Derrick actually took 2 steps with the ball after catching it and could see Morton coming in high at his head that is wht he ducked. Then Morton follws through for extra emphasis.

http://t.gamedayr.com/gamedayr/#!/entry/video-kj-morton-levels-sterling-shepard-with-monster-hit,527c3e1d025312186c8065c2/media/2

His place had been broken into and TV stolen (not at all an uncommon occurrence in Waco) -- he went after the guy that he thought broke into his house and stole his TV. Unfortunately, it was evidently the wrong guy.

FaninAma
11/17/2013, 07:42 PM
His place had been broken into and TV stolen (not at all an uncommon occurrence in Waco) -- he went after the guy that he thought broke into his house and stole his TV. Unfortunately, it was evidently the wrong guy.

Sort of sounds like Cedric Benson.

cherokeebrewer
11/17/2013, 07:44 PM
Couldn't disagree more. Bell didn't leave him vulnerable. Derrick actually took 2 steps with the ball after catching it and could see Morton coming in high at his head that is why he ducked. Then Morton follows through for extra emphasis.

I'm sure you meant Sterling...I bet he would like the slip up. And Dixon does take cheap shots!

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2013, 07:44 PM
Sort of sounds like Cedric Benson.

I think most people would probably be pissed enough to throw a punch if they came home and found their TV stolen and saw the guy they thought had stolen it. Poor judgement, but somewhat understandable under the circumstances. Nobody said he was a detective. :D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/17/2013, 08:54 PM
Couldn't disagree more. Bell didn't leave him vulnerable. Sterling actually took 2 steps with the ball after catching it and could see Morton coming in high at his head.......that is why he ducked. Then Morton follows through for extra emphasis.

You throw that ball at the knees so he knows to get down. As the QB you can SEE where the receiver is going. He has to look at you and can't even see where he is going. That is the whole reason for the "defenseless" receiver penalty in the first place.

BajaOklahoma
11/17/2013, 09:19 PM
Sic'em, take off your green or shiny gold colored glasses. Several of my friends, who are not fond of OU, watched the games and have commented on Baylor having several targeting calls that should have be made.
The league has a history of "protecting" the team that they think has the best chance to get to the championship game. This year, it's Baylor.

And it makes me laugh that you are complaining what OU fans are saying on OU board. Grow up.

FaninAma
11/17/2013, 09:28 PM
I'm sure you meant Sterling...I bet he would like the slip up. And Dixon does take cheap shots!
My age is showing.

ashley
11/17/2013, 09:32 PM
I love that great song by Chris Ladue. "There's a five dollar fine for whining."

FaninAma
11/17/2013, 09:49 PM
I love that great song by Chris Ladue. "There's a five dollar fine for whining."
You can post all the flippant replies you want. The fact that Sterling's head injury is career threatening makes you look silly and immature.

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2013, 10:57 PM
Sic'em, take off your green or shiny gold colored glasses. Several of my friends, who are not fond of OU, watched the games and have commented on Baylor having several targeting calls that should have be made.
The league has a history of "protecting" the team that they think has the best chance to get to the championship game. This year, it's Baylor.

And it makes me laugh that you are complaining what OU fans are saying on OU board. Grow up.

I'm not horribly interested in the opinion of your friends, but I still have yet to see a Baylor player guilty of an obvious targeting violation.

In any case, I didn't know alternative points of view (regardless of where they are given) were considered evidence of one's need to "grow up." I find that interesting in all sorts of ways.

Pricetag
11/17/2013, 11:04 PM
I have never seen a fanbase more completely and utterly butthurt by the rise of a team not named 'Oklahoma' than you people are with Baylor this season.

I ran in to pick up an order last night, and this fat-*** with an OU sweatshirt on with his old saggy-tits lady saw my Baylor hat and he mumbled, "bandwagoner" under his breath as he passed me. Jesus Christ.

I honestly never thought I'd say this, but it's actually starting to sour my opinion of OU fans.
Get over yourself. You know the history of your own program--you have to understand how it looks.

It's funny, you're validation of the guy's attitude right here. You've been posting over here for years, and despite the fact that your handle actually contains the word "Baylor," you have written so little about Baylor football that I forget at times that you are a fan. Even in 2011, your "Prepare Your Anus" thread was amusing, and you handled the win with grace.

You seemed headed that way again during the lead up to this year's game, and then all the sudden you felt the need to post a thread informing us of what is wrong with OU football, only you didn't bring a single point that hasn't been said a jillion times over here since 2005. And now this? Please. "New sheriff in town" leg humping has come from tons of fan bases over the years--Colorado, Kansas State, OSU in the late '90s, OSU now (following another decade of suckage to mediocrity), the list goes on and on. You'll have to forgive our gag reflex.

Sooner Sig Ep
11/17/2013, 11:53 PM

Classy post. I'm certain your Christian university would be proud of the manner in which you represent yourself.

tycat947
11/18/2013, 12:19 AM
Classy post. I'm certain your Christian university would be proud of the manner in which you represent yourself.

Yeah! They don't call them HYPOCRITE U for nothing!!!

SicEmBaylor
11/18/2013, 02:25 AM
Get over yourself. You know the history of your own program--you have to understand how it looks.

It's funny, you're validation of the guy's attitude right here. You've been posting over here for years, and despite the fact that your handle actually contains the word "Baylor," you have written so little about Baylor football that I forget at times that you are a fan.
When the subject of Baylor is brought up, I do post. I don't start 1,000 threads on a Sooner message board about Baylor. From time to time I'll post something if it seems relevant enough outside of Waco, but I typically keep it at that.

Even in 2011, your "Prepare Your Anus" thread was amusing, and you handled the win with grace.

You seemed headed that way again during the lead up to this year's game, and then all the sudden you felt the need to post a thread informing us of what is wrong with OU football, only you didn't bring a single point that hasn't been said a jillion times over here since 2005. And now this? Please. "New sheriff in town" leg humping has come from tons of fan bases over the years--Colorado, Kansas State, OSU in the late '90s, OSU now (following another decade of suckage to mediocrity), the list goes on and on. You'll have to forgive our gag reflex.

The difference between 2011 and now is that throughout this season, I've been truly shocked by much of the asinine and ridiculous crap said about Baylor and Baylor success from week to week. It has become progressively worse, and I'm frankly somewhat surprised by it. Everything from being completely dismissive to allegations of cheating have been getting under my skin for awhile. In years past (such as 2011), this wasn't an issue. In fact, its never been an issue until this season which is why I had such a better and more friendly time discussing things than I do now. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you have to understand that I truly truly love Baylor. I spent many many years there...my best years in fact, so I'm pretty sensitive about unfair criticism of the place especially when it's total bull****. There's fair criticism, and then there is total bull****.

Now, as for my thread about OU football, it still astounds me that so many people seem totally unable to figure out that I'm a Baylor fan and also an OU fan (distant 2nd). It blows my mind that nothing about what I said was either related to Baylor or said from the point of view of a Baylor fan....I was talking strictly about OU. WTF that has to do with Baylor is still something I can't wrap my head around. As many years as I've been here, most should know that I like OU quite a bit. I can forgive new posters for making that mistake, but it's inexcusable for old posters.

David Earl
11/18/2013, 08:48 AM
It is not whining to want the rules to be enforced fairly and consistently.

It looks to me like Baylor players have gotten away with a little bit. I may not see the problem to the same extreme some do, but I think it's there.

If we think conferences don't give special treatment to the top teams for $'s sake, we are kidding ourselves. I've seen several conferences do it and you all have too. Furthermore, I feel OU has benefitted from such treatment at times, though I can't think of an example off hand. I realize that stuff will happen, but I don't like it. I want the game to be called fair.

cleller
11/18/2013, 09:16 AM
I'm not horribly interested in the opinion of your friends, but I still have yet to see a Baylor player guilty of an obvious targeting violation.

In any case, I didn't know alternative points of view (regardless of where they are given) were considered evidence of one's need to "grow up." I find that interesting in all sorts of ways.

I think its the inability to see or admit the obvious (which you just reinforced) that prompted the "grow up" comment.

picasso
11/18/2013, 10:39 AM
Sic'em. What do you really know about vaginas?
Or even football for that matter.

Sooner in Tampa
11/18/2013, 10:55 AM
There's a serious case of hypocrisy among some of you that is becoming increasingly difficult to stomach.

Well, don't let the door hit you in the ***...a Baylor fan complaining about Sooner fans on a SOONER BOARD is a pretty big load hypocrisy...Just sayin...

PrideMom
11/18/2013, 11:21 AM
To SicEmBaylor: Please clean up your language. You are vulgar and common. But that is to be expected from people that do not know how to be classy when you are a winner, since you have never experienced it before.

tycat947
11/18/2013, 11:41 AM
To SicEmBaylor: Please clean up your language. You are vulgar and common. But that is to be expected from people that do not know how to be classy when you are a winner, since you have never experienced it before.

He learned from the best! Art Briles, Kim Mulkey and Scott Drew! More than any other institution (term used loosely here) these 3 coaches are ALWAYS cussing like sailors and you can read their lips on TV. I'm not anti-cussing but when you're at such a HYPOCRITICAL U that requires students and faculty sign these code of conduct, or whatever. I sit near the visitor bench when Sulkey Mulkey and Hypocrite U play at LNC and she would make a sailor blush! As long as they are winning and cheating, then all is ok with Hypocrite U administration and fans. I wait for the day that the Big 12 takes a laxative and sheds itself of this Hypocritical U!!!

picasso
11/18/2013, 12:57 PM

It's funny, you're validation of the guy's attitude right here. You've been posting over here for years, and despite the fact that your handle actually contains the word "Baylor," you have written so little about Baylor football that I forget at times that you are a fan. Even in 2011, your "Prepare Your Anus" thread was amusing, and you handled the win with grace.

Zing.

picasso
11/18/2013, 01:03 PM
When the subject of Baylor is brought up, I do post. I don't start 1,000 threads on a Sooner message board about Baylor. From time to time I'll post something if it seems relevant enough outside of Waco, but I typically keep it at that.

The difference between 2011 and now is that throughout this season, I've been truly shocked by much of the asinine and ridiculous crap said about Baylor and Baylor success from week to week. It has become progressively worse, and I'm frankly somewhat surprised by it. Everything from being completely dismissive to allegations of cheating have been getting under my skin for awhile. In years past (such as 2011), this wasn't an issue. In fact, its never been an issue until this season which is why I had such a better and more friendly time discussing things than I do now. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you have to understand that I truly truly love Baylor. I spent many many years there...my best years in fact, so I'm pretty sensitive about unfair criticism of the place especially when it's total bull****. There's fair criticism, and then there is total bull****.

Now, as for my thread about OU football, it still astounds me that so many people seem totally unable to figure out that I'm a Baylor fan and also an OU fan (distant 2nd). It blows my mind that nothing about what I said was either related to Baylor or said from the point of view of a Baylor fan....I was talking strictly about OU. WTF that has to do with Baylor is still something I can't wrap my head around. As many years as I've been here, most should know that I like OU quite a bit. I can forgive new posters for making that mistake, but it's inexcusable for old posters.
Look at the timing of your post.
You're not nearly as bright as you give yourself credit for.

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2013, 01:06 PM
Im still trying to figure out how u can be a fan of 2 college teams; i root for the Sooners and absolutely no one else.

cleller
11/18/2013, 01:30 PM

This is poise, tact, grace. Catch it before it disappears.

stoopified
11/18/2013, 02:47 PM
Even the commentators talked about how their dbs are getting away with holding on a regular basis. They must be paying somebody very well. I'll overjoyed when somebody has takes these aholes down.Long as it ain't the Pukes. Let em hammer the Pukes.

FaninAma
11/18/2013, 03:12 PM
I didn't intend for this thread to deteriorate into a pissing match with Sic'em. I am simply of the opinion that Baylor's coaches have over-emphasized and encouraged their players to be physical so much that is has now become an issue almost like it was with the NO Saints Bountygate. Added to this is the play of their DBs that even draws comments from television commentators who usually try to avoid masking statements like they did re: the holding and grabbing.

The final straw is that a good kid like Sterling now has to miss out on at least 2 games minimum due(and possibly more if he is still symptomatic) to the injury a thug inflicted on him.

FaninAma
11/18/2013, 03:15 PM
You throw that ball at the knees so he knows to get down. As the QB you can SEE where the receiver is going. He has to look at you and can't even see where he is going. That is the whole reason for the "defenseless" receiver penalty in the first place.

So causing a receiver to break stride is how the QB is sup0posed to throw passes over the middle.? .

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/18/2013, 03:36 PM
So causing a receiver to break stride is how the QB is sup0posed to throw passes over the middle.? .

On a crossing route, if there is a defender in the path of the receiver and within 3 steps the answer is "Yes". This is because the catch is more important than YAC in a situation where the receiver has no chance to make a move. And this isn't anything new as my high school coach yelled at our QBs about it in 1988 (we had one that took perverse joy in throwing the ball high over the middle and laughing at guys getting jackknifed by dbs).

Yes it is a judgement call but nothing good comes from allowing your receiver to be blasted going over the middle. The most likely scenarios are incomplete pass or complete pass with fumble. You throw that thing at the ground and you give the receiver an easy catch and nothing for the DB to hit.

tooslow
11/18/2013, 03:41 PM
Im still trying to figure out how u can be a fan of 2 college teams; i root for the Sooners and absolutely no one else.

That's easy. Some "fans" root for several schools. This is because their real favorite school usually has a poor year just about every season. This gives them a chance to feel like a winner during most years because the odds increase that one of their schools will have a decent year. It's much more common than people think, especially down south. Here, fans of SEC teams that are out of the title race will claim victory when an SEC team wins the MNC, even if it's their rival school. I know I sure as hell didn't cheer when texas beat USC.... What's the point of being a fan if you don't suffer through the losing seasons? It makes those winning seasons that much better. Hell, I though the 90s were never gonna end. I do know one thing. College football is cyclical. No team is gonna stay at or near the top forever. I have several SEC friends that didn't believe me when I teased that we are 2-0 against Bama this century. How quickly everyone forgets the bad years. ;)

SicEmBaylor
11/18/2013, 03:44 PM
I didn't intend for this thread to deteriorate into a pissing match with Sic'em. I am simply of the opinion that Baylor's coaches have over-emphasized and encouraged their players to be physical so much that is has now become an issue almost like it was with the NO Saints Bountygate. Added to this is the play of their DBs that even draws comments from television commentators who usually try to avoid masking statements like they did re: the holding and grabbing.

The final straw is that a good kid like Sterling now has to miss out on at least 2 games minimum due(and possibly more if he is still symptomatic) to the injury a thug inflicted on him.
Seriously? You're comparing Baylor encouraging its player to play with an attitude with an NFL team paying players a bonus to "head hunt?" Christ.

And, for the record, if you were right about all of these targeting violations then you'd be correct but as of yet I have not seen a blatant targeting violation by anyone at Baylor. Your opinion is just that and it's counter to what I see, what others have seen, what the refs saw, and what the replay officials saw.

SicEmBaylor
11/18/2013, 03:47 PM
That's easy. Some "fans" root for several schools. This is because their real favorite school usually has a poor year just about every season. This gives them a chance to feel like a winner during most years because the odds increase that one of their schools will have a decent year. It's much more common than people think, especially down south. Here, fans of SEC teams that are out of the title race will claim victory when an SEC team wins the MNC, even if it's their rival school. I know I sure as hell didn't cheer when texas beat USC.... What's the point of being a fan if you don't suffer through the losing seasons? It makes those winning seasons that much better. Hell, I though the 90s were never gonna end. I do know one thing. College football is cyclical. No team is gonna stay at or near the top forever. I have several SEC friends that didn't believe me when I teased that we are 2-0 against Bama this century. How quickly everyone forgets the bad years. ;)

I went to school at Baylor. I am from Oklahoma. Baylor has always and will always take absolute preference over everything and everyone else in any situation. I almost never missed a game during the Steele and GuyMo years...sitting in those stands game after game season after season watching absolute crap shows. I guarantee you that would test the mettle of even the most diehard Sooner fans in a similar situation.

Having said all of that, I also like OU and wish for them to win whenever they're not playing Baylor. It's as simple as that. I can't for the life of me see why that is complicated or difficult to understand.

badger
11/18/2013, 03:49 PM
Having said all of that, I also like OU and wish for them to win whenever they're not playing Baylor. It's as simple as that. I can't for the life of me see why that is complicated or difficult to understand.

So would you say that from the outside looking in you can't understand it, and from the inside looking out you can't explain it? Is that what you would say? :P

SicEmBaylor
11/18/2013, 03:50 PM
So would you say that from the outside looking in you can't understand it, and from the inside looking out you can't explain it? Is that what you would say? :P
Something like that. :D

tooslow
11/18/2013, 04:07 PM

I went to school at Baylor. I am from Oklahoma. Baylor has always and will always take absolute preference over everything and everyone else in any situation. I almost never missed a game during the Steele and GuyMo years...sitting in those stands game after game season after season watching absolute crap shows. I guarantee you that would test the mettle of even the most diehard Sooner fans in a similar situation.

It's not that complicated. You've been a Baylor fan since birth since, "Baylor has always and will always take absolute preference over everything and everyone else in any situation." Since you are from Oklahoma, you decided to pick the Sooners over OSU, Tulsa, UCO, etc, as your distant second school. The only thing odd is how Baylor got to be your first love? I'm guessing someone in your family has ties there.

picasso
11/18/2013, 04:12 PM
Are you talking to him about vaginas?

SicEmBaylor
11/18/2013, 04:16 PM
It's not that complicated. You've been a Baylor fan since birth since, "Baylor has always and will always take absolute preference over everything and everyone else in any situation." Since you are from Oklahoma, you decided to pick the Sooners over OSU, Tulsa, UCO, etc, as your distant second school. The only thing odd is how Baylor got to be your first love? I'm guessing someone in your family has ties there.

When I said "always has been", I was referring to always since the time I decided to go to Baylor. I barley knew a thing about Baylor until I got talked into going down there for Fall Premier my Senior year (and fell in love with the place). Nobody in my family has any times to OU whatsoever. In fact, my family are Pokes. Up to that point, I'd have preferred OU as I just liked them better growing up for whatever reason. I also used to have a lot of debate tournaments at OU, so I was more familiar with that campus. I should have made that more clear, but it changes nothing.

I picked Baylor over OU because, after visiting Baylor, I fell in love with the place and lost complete interest in ever going anywhere else.

Mjcpr
11/18/2013, 04:17 PM

He went to school there for the better part of a decade.

SicEmBaylor
11/18/2013, 04:20 PM
He went to school there for the better part of a decade.

Best decade of my life.

champions77
11/18/2013, 04:54 PM

He may have been "straight laced" at one time. But as one poster stated, they remind me of the Miami teams in the 80's... in a bad way. Between the thug crap they pulled before our game, to the illegal picks their receivers were running to the head shots their defense is issuing, to their redshirt thugs huddled on the sidelines, it looks like ole Art is adopted a "win at all cost" attitude in Waco. If this is the new norm at Baylor, it wouldn't surprise me if he's not cheating too.

Hopefully we can take care of business here next year. To beat them would be very satisfying.

SicEmBaylor
11/18/2013, 05:11 PM
There has never been a shred of evidence that Briles has ever cheated in his entire life -- sitting around and just making **** up and accusing people with baseless allegations because that seems to be the thing to do when you lose.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/18/2013, 05:27 PM
So I'm not reading all of this, but I am the only OU fan that doesn't think that was targeting in our game? I did not watch the TT game, so I have no idea what happened there.

Baylor is playing really good football..and their 2014 recruiting class is solid. I think they will be good for a while, unless something clusterbombs down there.

Some of this stuff just sounds aggie to me..They beat us, they probably will win the conference this year, and they will probably be pretty good next year if those defensive studs on the line don't leave early.. But I'm not going to call anybody a cheater and I darn sure would not compare them to the Miami teams of the 80s or 90s...

This season, they are just better than OU..

C&CDean
11/18/2013, 05:32 PM
So I'm not reading all of this, but I am the only OU fan that doesn't think that was targeting in our game? I did not watch the TT game, so I have no idea what happened there.

Baylor is playing really good football..and their 2014 recruiting class is solid. I think they will be good for a while, unless something clusterbombs down there.

Some of this stuff just sounds aggie to me..They beat us, they probably will win the conference this year, and they will probably be pretty good next year if those defensive studs on the line don't leave early.. But I'm not going to call anybody a cheater and I darn sure would not compare them to the Miami teams of the 80s or 90s...

A voice of reason...

Did Baylor dude cheap shot Sheppard? Yes. It's not why they whooped our asses though. They whooped us because they're better than us this year. That simple. Pointing out their cheap shots, etc. isn't gonna give us a win, and it makes us sound kinda pathetic to be honest.

Next year we have them in Norman. Hopefully we'll have the better team then.

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2013, 09:51 PM
So has everyone quit ganging up on Sic Em yet? Hell let him enjoy the ride

OU_Sooners75
11/18/2013, 11:56 PM
Dixon stood in virtually the same spot with the exact same stance as the OU player was running at him. Dixon orientated his shoulder to match the OU player's shoulder...now Dixon never changed his position but the OU player dropped his head down and led with his head into Dixon's shoulder. Calling that 'targeting' by Dixon is stupid.

That's BS and you know.

The one that happened to Saunders was just a shoulder hit until the defender threw his forearm above the shoulders into the head.

The ejection should have stood!

The second one on Shepard was a blatant targeting and never called.

Just like how the penalty can be reviewed and the ejection can be overturned, the conferences should have the power to review any play on a high hit of a player, that causes significant injury, especially concussions, and suspend the player that initiated the hit.

I have seen Baylor play a fair amount this year, and they are definitely head hunting. Just like their offense uses WR picks almost every pass play.

It will be addressed and when it is, Briles offense will be average and the Baylor defense will suck again!

OU_Sooners75
11/18/2013, 11:58 PM

Good riddance!

It isn't the rise of Baylor, it's their track record in other sports that make it suspect.

And then it is the way your pathetic fan base handles success that runs the blue bloods the wrong way.

You guys are sorry winners and ****ty losers!

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2013, 01:42 AM
Good riddance!

It isn't the rise of Baylor, it's their track record in other sports that make it suspect.

And then it is the way your pathetic fan base handles success that runs the blue bloods the wrong way.

Like I said, butthurt. Go enjoy soccer season.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/19/2013, 10:18 AM
Baylor's defense will go back to sucking next season. It's just largely been shadowed by experience this season as Phil Bennett did not change his philosophy, nor scheme from last year to this year nor did new personnel greatly improve the defense. It is strictly a product of having 7 senior starters, which is a common result. The Baylor offense will continue to roll however, but that's no surprise.

Sooner in Tampa
11/19/2013, 10:21 AM

You are quickly wearing out your welcome here with this pompous, jack *** attitude.

Enjoy the one year you have...then you can go back to being the doormat you deserve to be.

BTW...how does it feel to have, BY FAR, the greatest year in your pathetic history...and it still isn't good enough?

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2013, 04:00 PM
You are quickly wearing out your welcome here with this pompous, jack *** attitude.

Enjoy the one year you have...then you can go back to being the doormat you deserve to be.

BTW...how does it feel to have, BY FAR, the greatest year in your pathetic history...and it still isn't good enough?
I could barely be more pleased with the season whether we win out or not even if we don't get to the NCG. I couldn't be more proud.

As for my arrogance, I assure you it's adjusted to equal those with whom I'm speaking.

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2013, 04:03 PM
Attitude received; attitude given.

Temujin
11/19/2013, 04:24 PM
So the local Baylor fan gets a little more excited now that his team is doing well?...color me shocked. I don't have a problem with it, as long as it doesn't get disrespectful.

And STEP is 100% correct. I agree that the hit against Shepard was targeting and I do think the Baylor dude should've been ejected (according to the rule definition), but there's no way that's the main reason we lost that game.

FWIW, I hate the targeting rule. It's designed to be ambiguous and inconsistent. It's dumb that they vaguely define targeting and eject a player on that premise...and it's even worse that the targeting penalty itself is non-reviewable, but the ejection can be overturned. If I were a coach, I'd tell my players to just play hard and let the chips fall where they may. You can't coach around a vague rule like that, so just play like you normally would and don't lead with your helmet.

OU_Sooners75
11/19/2013, 04:41 PM
Good riddance!

I'm not butt hurt. Baylor is the better team this year. You however are a pompous little punk and sore winner.

It must suck enjoying two teams because when one is down (which is their tradition) then you still feel proud of something.

You're a tool, and like many OSU fans, when winning you get arrogant like you're elite or something.

Don't worry though, Baylor will come crashing down. They are recruiting $EC style!

OU_Sooners75
11/19/2013, 04:44 PM
Attitude received; attitude given.

Dude your attitude has been this bad since the start of the season.

Go grab a Zima and whack off to your life size pic of Briles.

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2013, 04:50 PM
Dude your attitude has been this bad since the start of the season.

Go grab a Zima and whack off to your life size pic of Briles.

It most certainly has not. Try this -- go back and review every post I've made since the start of the season. I've never before had a bad attitude when we we had good seasons, and I didn't have a bad attitude in 2011. My attitude got progressively worse this season based upon how much utter crap I read about Baylor which got worse as the season went on.

I would say something completely positive about Baylor that in no way was an insult to any other team (let alone OU), and I was being accused of being a homer simply for trying to point out reasons why I thought we would continue to have a good season. Hell, at the beginning of the season, I even said I expected us to lose at least two games (OU and OSU)! Then I kept having people call me 'aggie' because I had faith in our team this year. That was asinine and stupid, and when I called people out on it things snowballed a bit from there.

When it comes to winning, I'm always one of the most pessimistic people out there. A lot us who were students in the Steele/GuyMo years are like that. But don't expect me to read all of this bull**** week in and week out and not respond. I absolutely hate that things have become so heated.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/19/2013, 05:01 PM
Baylor's defense will go back to sucking next season. It's just largely been shadowed by experience this season as Phil Bennett did not change his philosophy, nor scheme from last year to this year nor did new personnel greatly improve the defense. It is strictly a product of having 7 senior starters, which is a common result. The Baylor offense will continue to roll however, but that's no surprise.

Any idea who Shawn Oakman is?

FaninAma
11/19/2013, 05:22 PM
Me thinks the league office will have reams of video on Baylor's defense to review by years end.

Sic'em it wasn't Dixon who cheap shotted Shepard. It was Morton. And review the video. Sterling wasn't lowering his head to inflict a blow he was trying to avoid Morton coming in high. When Sterling did this Morton adjusts and lowers his shoulder to go after Sterlings head which is in a lower plane of trajectory. He was head hunting.

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2013, 05:26 PM
Any idea who Shawn Oakman is?
CPB also started blitzing a lot more.

kbsooner21
11/19/2013, 05:28 PM

I agree 100%

FaninAma
11/19/2013, 06:34 PM
I only have 2 complaints with Baylor: the DB holding and the DB head hunting. I don't even care about the pick plays. That's up to the refs to call.

If Sterling doesn't come back this year Stoops needs to make an official complaint to the league office. The really stupid thing is Baylor would still be undefeated without the thuggery.

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2013, 06:38 PM
I only have 2 complaints with Baylor: the DB holding and the DB head hunting. I don't even care about the pick plays. That's up to the refs to call.

If Sterling doesn't come back this year Stoops needs to make an official complaint to the league office. The really stupid thing is Baylor would still be undefeated without the thuggery.

Nobody is head hunting at Baylor. This is a ridiculous accusation. At worst, they're playing a little too aggressively but nobody has a list of opposing players they're trying to purposely hurt and knock out of the game. That's a baseless accusation and the kind of baseless accusation that drives me absolutely crazy. Unless you have evidence to suggest that Baylor is encouraging its players to hurt opposing players then I'd ask you, as respectfully as I can, to cease such nonsense.

Players get hurt all the time. It's unfortunate, but it didn't happen because of head hunting.

ashley
11/19/2013, 08:28 PM
I agree 100%

Yes. Has this turned into the losers lounge like the Aggies have been for years.

8timechamps
11/19/2013, 08:59 PM
First, Baylor is just really, really good this year. What made/makes them so good is that they are playing excellent defense to match their potent offense. Since most of us don't follow Baylor closely, it's worth noting that Baylor plays 7 seniors on defense. It's not like they have a defense filled with 5 star elite freshmen, they field a defense full of seasoned players, that have played a lot of football in the Big XII. They're good on defense because they know what they're doing and they have solid talent.

As for the assertions that something is amiss in Waco, and there could be recruiting violations, I say nonsense. Briles has built that program, and if anyone has been paying attention, they would have seen that Baylor has been getting better every year. Briles, without question, has the best pipeline for recruiting Texas out of any coach in the conference. It's not hard to see how he lands his players from the state.

People need to get over Baylor being the doormat, because that's not Baylor anymore. Yeah, they were once the joke of the conference. So was K-State. Things change, college football is cyclical.

Now, the real question is how long can Baylor maintain this level of play? Briles isn't a spring chicken, and he's 99% of the reason BU has grown to where they are. Nonetheless, Baylor isn't going away anytime soon.

Sorry to derail the thread.

OU_Sooners75
11/20/2013, 09:42 AM

Nobody is head hunting at Baylor. This is a ridiculous accusation. At worst, they're playing a little too aggressively but nobody has a list of opposing players they're trying to purposely hurt and knock out of the game. That's a baseless accusation and the kind of baseless accusation that drives me absolutely crazy. Unless you have evidence to suggest that Baylor is encouraging its players to hurt opposing players then I'd ask you, as respectfully as I can, to cease such nonsense.

Players get hurt all the time. It's unfortunate, but it didn't happen because of head hunting.

No one is saying they are out to make bounty.

But head hunting covers what the Baylor defense is doing. Tech did it a few years back.

The head hunting stems from wanting and willing to make big hits when it isn't necessary on a defenseless player.

They are all looking for highlight reel hits.

Head hunting!

FaninAma
11/20/2013, 12:55 PM
OU will never have the worst fans in the league as long as Baylor is around. Could they really not sell out their home games in their cracker box stadium during the the best season they have had in school history?

I withheld judgement on Baylor's DBs after the OU game until I saw them doing the same thing in the TT game. We'll see what happens in the OSU game.

Every concussion raises the risk for the next head injury to be even more severe. There is no excuse for a coaching staff or league to tolerate the way Baylo's thugs are head hunting. If it continues, Briles' reputation will crater quickly.

snydrosooner
11/20/2013, 03:37 PM

I think the issue with us fans is we see adjustments in how almost every other team plays defense and have not seen it with Baylor ( at least on some hits). Most teams have backed off the big hits on the receivers. Most teams have gone to trying to wrap up a receiver and not running through them. Baylor seems to play like OU, UT, OSU did last year with no regard to trying to actually takle a receiver, just run through them ( lower shoulder and not wrap up.)

I have a friend who is a high school official who is trying to get into the College ranks. He attended the Big 12 rules meeting during the summer. I will give a short desctiption on how they interpreted the rule at the rules meeting. -- Any contact to the upper part of the body(upper chest, shoulders, head) would contitute targeting if the deffender is not making a attempt at wrap up the reciever. -- This is also how the Oklahoma media was explaining it during the summer. (sports animal at least) Ok now each official may have different understanding of that rule, but that is how it was explained at the meeting. Now the play where the OU player was hurt, the defender hit shoulder to shoulder first, but no attempt was made to wrap up the defender as was noticiable with the contiinured arm action after the hit.

Maybe the rule needs rewritten again, but the point of the new rule was to try to stop unnessary running through of players, I mean as lowering shoulder and not attempting to actually takle just knock down, which would lower the amount of helmet to helmet. And OU players have definitly been quilty of this in the past, but I have seen a change this year. Maybe we need to forget the rule as well.

Sooner Sig Ep
12/1/2013, 01:03 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24306104/tcus-gary-patterson-has-some-choice-words-for-art-briles-baylor

... And the hits just keep on coming!

Interesting that Patterson is irritated with Dixon's actions AND demeanor He makes a point to say he's been doing that for years..... Just sayin'... It's not only OU fans that are upset.

SicEmBaylor
12/1/2013, 01:24 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24306104/tcus-gary-patterson-has-some-choice-words-for-art-briles-baylor

... And the hits just keep on coming!

Interesting that Patterson is irritated with Dixon's actions AND demeanor He makes a point to say he's been doing that for years..... Just sayin'... It's not only OU fans that are upset.
Now, that one was clearly targeting by Dixon. No excuse at all, and that bull**** kiss-blowing as he was escorted to the locker room needs to be dealt with immediately. That was some bull****.

However, that was the first clear targeting violation I've seen from us this year.

King Barry's Back
12/1/2013, 08:40 AM

That makes sense, but I cheer for OU and against OkSt. Does that work?

King Barry's Back
12/1/2013, 08:56 AM
It most certainly has not. Try this -- go back and review every post I've made since the start of the season. I've never before had a bad attitude when we we had good seasons, and I didn't have a bad attitude in 2011. My attitude got progressively worse this season based upon how much utter crap I read about Baylor which got worse as the season went on.

I would say something completely positive about Baylor that in no way was an insult to any other team (let alone OU), and I was being accused of being a homer simply for trying to point out reasons why I thought we would continue to have a good season. Hell, at the beginning of the season, I even said I expected us to lose at least two games (OU and OSU)! Then I kept having people call me 'aggie' because I had faith in our team this year. That was asinine and stupid, and when I called people out on it things snowballed a bit from there.

When it comes to winning, I'm always one of the most pessimistic people out there. A lot us who were students in the Steele/GuyMo years are like that. But don't expect me to read all of this bull**** week in and week out and not respond. I absolutely hate that things have become so heated.

SicEm -- Some advice to you, FWIW. You are a great poster on this board. You've been here for years and you should stand behind nobody on Soonerfans. That said, let's face it, Baylor's been the team to beat on OU's schedule since the end of last season. So for us, the whole season has been overshadowed by this big showdown that was looming in Waco. I was good with that. You've got a great coach who has built a good program, and Baylor deserves the success they are having. At the same time, Sooner fans (like other Big 12 fans) deep down in their bones have been hoping that Baylor wasn't really that good, and wasn't really going to give us a beat down. Well, you were good enough to give us a beat down, and now Big 12 fans are busy hoping that you are a flash in the pan this year, and that Briles is not some kind of magician that's going to keep winning.

When Baylor was a cellar dweller, you were really welcomed on here. But now that you are a real threat, people are just going to be defensive. If you've noticed a change in attitude towards you, that's what it is.

So, take the abuse as the compliment that it really is, and take the bad behavior as the price of playing big time football.

Soonerjeepman
12/1/2013, 09:38 AM
well. on top of that this is an SOONERS board...most every other team's posters will catch grief at some point. I would NEVER expect to post on any other teams' boards and not expect some crap...but again, a lot of folks don't like (jealous) OU and the success.

btw..congrats on the great season you guys are having....but see the difference? OU is 1 game behind, yes a loss to you, but there are a lot of OU fans that think this season is...meh...not great.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2013, 10:23 AM

How about if you attended more than one school? I went to OU and Stanford and pull for both. I like that they have a similar color scheme too.

OU_Sooners75
12/1/2013, 10:50 AM
Now, that one was clearly targeting by Dixon. No excuse at all, and that bull**** kiss-blowing as he was escorted to the locker room needs to be dealt with immediately. That was some bull****.

However, that was the first clear targeting violation I've seen from us this year.

I'm guessing it's clearly targeting because a coach points it out and not some fan?

Dixon has been bad about the excessive hits, or targeting, all season.

OU_Sooners75
12/1/2013, 10:54 AM

SicEm -- Some advice to you, FWIW. You are a great poster on this board. You've been here for years and you should stand behind nobody on Soonerfans. That said, let's face it, Baylor's been the team to beat on OU's schedule since the end of last season. So for us, the whole season has been overshadowed by this big showdown that was looming in Waco. I was good with that. You've got a great coach who has built a good program, and Baylor deserves the success they are having. At the same time, Sooner fans (like other Big 12 fans) deep down in their bones have been hoping that Baylor wasn't really that good, and wasn't really going to give us a beat down. Well, you were good enough to give us a beat down, and now Big 12 fans are busy hoping that you are a flash in the pan this year, and that Briles is not some kind of magician that's going to keep winning.

When Baylor was a cellar dweller, you were really welcomed on here. But now that you are a real threat, people are just going to be defensive. If you've noticed a change in attitude towards you, that's what it is.

So, take the abuse as the compliment that it really is, and take the bad behavior as the price of playing big time football.

Oh please, that team Briles has is bought and paid for!

SicEmBaylor
12/1/2013, 03:14 PM
I'm guessing it's clearly targeting because a coach points it out and not some fan?

Dixon has been bad about the excessive hits, or targeting, all season.
It's clearly targeting because you could sit and see that it was clearly targeting, the refs agreed, and so did the review guys.

PalmBeachSooner
12/1/2013, 03:34 PM
I completely blame Phil Bennett.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2013, 05:25 PM
It's clearly targeting because you could sit and see that it was clearly targeting, the refs agreed, and so did the review guys.

^This. That's the very situation the rule was meant to address - an overthrown ball leaving a leaping receiver totally vulnerable. In the old days, that was considered a "free shot". Some thought it was dirty and others thought it was hard nosed football. Since the Daryl Stingley hit back in the 70s (left him paralyzed), most people now agree it's dirty.

Sooner in Tampa
12/2/2013, 08:41 AM
The Big XII should suspend Dixon for the bowl game...sit his sorry *** down for a being a classless prick

KantoSooner
12/2/2013, 09:30 AM
How about just kicking him out of college football. He wants to be a hard man? Let him take his little bitchass show to the Neffel and see how long his career lasts there.

lexsooner
12/2/2013, 11:47 AM
How about just kicking him out of college football. He wants to be a hard man? Let him take his little bitchass show to the Neffel and see how long his career lasts there.

But he has to be around to complete his General Studies degree so he can have a career in, well, general stuff, after his short NFL career.