PDA

View Full Version : REAL comment about ISU...

rock on sooner
11/14/2013, 10:55 AM
In Ames the Clones' OC is under fire as well...lots of talk about wholesale
coaching changes at the end of the year. Seems to me that Mack Brown
got "well" at OUr expense, so-o-o, Rhoads has a penchant for a "signature"
upset almost every season and has a couple on the road. I'm more than
a little nervous about looking past a team to something more challenging
down the road...jus sayin'

Full disclosure here, my son and his wife are both ISU alums and I pull for
them for everything, 'cept against the Sooners....

TheUnnamedSooner
11/14/2013, 11:22 AM
The Cyclones are not a bad team. The games I have watched them in have been close. I expect the same Saturday.

Soonerjeepman
11/14/2013, 01:29 PM
Honestly the way OU has been...who the heck knows. I WOULD THINK OU would have the better overall talent...just like I believe Bama, FSU, BU, Stanford, UO etc have better talent than OU. But like everything there are upsets all the time.
If OU thinks they can just come out and show up will be a challenge. I truly doubt that happens, irregardless of what weird game plan JH throws out there...I'd think the PLAYERS will not let that happen. Shall be interesting.

BoulderSooner79
11/14/2013, 01:51 PM
The players' collective mindset will be telling. This is the first game that is basically meaningless they have had to face. Yet another coaching challenge - the innate desire to win combined with senior day should give the coaches plenty of material to get the players fired up and in the right frame of mind. Talent should do the rest.

Jacie
11/14/2013, 08:14 PM
Of ISU's 8 losses this season, 5 of them were by a touchdown or less, including that 1-point loss to sa*et. The knock on the cyclones is that they have been unable to finish a game.

On the flip side, there have been 3 double-digit losses, 71-7 to Baylor, 58-27 to OSU and 41-7 to KSU.

Which cyclone team will show up is just as much a mystery as which Sooner team we will see.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/15/2013, 10:57 AM
Rock, I have always liked ISU. Their band is the best to party with... I have a scar to show for it... ;)

rock on sooner
11/15/2013, 11:30 AM
I doubt that ISU will become a top tier team in the Big 12 but
Rhoads is a good coach that cares about his players. The guys
want to play for him, so that makes them occasionally dangerous.
The fans are courteous to visitors, with the exception of the Hawkeyes
over in Iowa City and that's mostly because the Hawkeyes believe they
are the chosen ones in Iowa. (Their coach is the most overpaid college
coach in the land). Tailgating is fun with ISU, too. I remember one game
where a crimson colored van with Nebraska plates pulled up and out came
8 Sooner fans, ready to party (the Sooners were in town).

I don't go to home games now because I get to have my grandson so his
parents can go to the games (we watch on tv, though) It is a real kick when
a 29 month old raises both arms and yells "touchdown" when the Clones score!

8timechamps
11/15/2013, 09:30 PM
The Cyclones are not a bad team. The games I have watched them in have been close. I expect the same Saturday.

I think Iowa State is the worst team in the conference, but they can play a little defense. Offensively, they've been awful, which is weird, because they have a couple of decent players. Their offensive line is really bad.

Defensively, they have a really good corner in Sam Richardson, but he's undersized.

If OU loses this game, it would be the most embarrassing loss of Stoops' time in Norman. OU won't lose, and it shouldn't be within 3 scores.

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2013, 09:37 PM
Iowa is a yankee state. I will never ever root for a yankee team unless (and only unless) it directly benefits Baylor.

rock on sooner
11/16/2013, 10:14 AM
Iowa is a yankee state. I will never ever root for a yankee team unless (and only unless) it directly benefits Baylor.
Well, sicem, family is more important....

olevetonahill
11/16/2013, 10:29 AM

I wont, Even then.

SoonerorLater
11/16/2013, 10:59 AM
I think OU wins today but the line last I looked was -24. I don't see how we should be favored by 24 over anybody. Unless Blake Bell can channel his inner Sam Bradford we win but a much closer game than the spread indicates. I see this as something like a 10 point game.

NorthernIowaSooner
11/16/2013, 12:55 PM

Ah bitterness over a war that was 150 years ago and you had nothing to do with. Intelligence.

NorthernIowaSooner
11/16/2013, 12:57 PM
I think OU wins today but the line last I looked was -24. I don't see how we should be favored by 24 over anybody. Unless Blake Bell can channel his inner Sam Bradford we win but a much closer game than the spread indicates. I see this as something like a 10 point game.

Sam only played ISU once, and he didn't have a good day in Ames. I was there, really windy and he struggled. OU was lucky to win that day.

BoulderSooner79
11/16/2013, 01:37 PM
I was worried we would look lack luster today and not because we are overlooking ISU. It's the first game after it has set in that OU is essentially out of the conference race. That's a bitter pill with 3 games left in the season. I was hoping senior day would provide some positive distraction, but it doesn't look that way.

SoonerorLater
11/16/2013, 01:44 PM

In interest of full disclosure I meant I thought we would win by something like 10 points not that we would just score 10 points.

BoulderSooner79
11/16/2013, 01:50 PM
I've been very disappointed we have 3 games this year we've failed to gain 300 yards in offense. I think I'd be thrilled with 275 today :(

JohnS
11/16/2013, 04:34 PM
Anyone else catch this?

http://i.imgur.com/OSSDIQp.jpg