PDA

View Full Version : recruits

Soonerjeepman
11/13/2013, 07:36 PM
Jarion Henry....Skeeter's kid..any word?

GDC
11/14/2013, 09:11 PM
Also, did all three commits sign yet?

8timechamps
11/20/2013, 05:28 PM
Henry will probably never make it to OU. His grades continue to be an issue, so I believe he'll be stuck in the JUCO ranks.

Don't know about the signings, but I'll see what I can find out. The class looks amazing though.

tycat947
11/20/2013, 06:35 PM

Yes, all 3 signed!

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=209307378

badger
11/21/2013, 09:21 AM
I love the program Lon's building at OU. A lot of the big programs with the obsessed fanbases are getting the one and done stars, but Lon is getting guys that are solid players that will likely stick around for 4 years

Soonerjeepman
11/22/2013, 03:46 PM
thanks 8time...too bad. Was hoping to see the skeeter meeter come out again! oh well.
Yes I'd like to see more reg guys....but we will need at least 1 stud. Basketball is just that way, if we want to ever see a NC in bball. What if we had Blake with these guards...wow.

8timechamps
11/22/2013, 07:04 PM
thanks 8time...too bad. Was hoping to see the skeeter meeter come out again! oh well.
Yes I'd like to see more reg guys....but we will need at least 1 stud. Basketball is just that way, if we want to ever see a NC in bball. What if we had Blake with these guards...wow.

You and me both. When Jarrion committed to OU, I was as happy as I've ever been for a recruit (except for Tiny Gallon, and we know how that ended). I know he really wanted to be a Sooner, but he's just not a education-first kind of guy. I don't look down on those guys, I just feel like they limit their opportunities. Anyway, I'm thrilled with the class.

We need size, and we need it yesterday. Unfortunately, I think Lon was fully expecting to have M'Baye this year, and now we're kind of stuck playing a 3 guard line-up. Fortunately, we have 3 pretty good guards. I'll feel better though when we get these bigger guys on campus and into the games.

Soonerjeepman
11/22/2013, 11:48 PM
lol, I want a 6'9 250 muscle stud...6'9 220 isn't quite what I think of..when I think of "bigs"....but who knows. It'd be nice to have a 7 ft or 6'11 guy...true center.

I was not very optimistic about Hamilton...saw him in person when his juco played a juco in kc. He got schooled, so to speak by a 6'10 210 kid.

Sooner Sig Ep
11/23/2013, 01:29 AM

Ahhhh... The Skeeter Meter! That brings back some good memories! Whatever happened to him after OU? I loved watching him play.

Sooner Sig Ep
11/23/2013, 01:43 AM

Yes, all 3 signed!

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=209307378

Great article... You see that note about McNeace? 5'10" as a freshman and gets cut from the team and is now 6'9" ! Reminds me of Dennis Rodman's growth spurt.

Soonerjeepman
11/23/2013, 08:45 AM
yeah...I like the length but dang OU needs some muscle to compete with the big boys. It'll be interesting tonight.