PDA

View Full Version : Apathy

ouwasp
11/10/2013, 08:20 PM
Today at church most of my fellow Sooner fans were matter-of-fact about the season gone south. No talk of Sooner Magic.... expectations of a loss to the pokes...plenty of criticism of the coaches... but generally a surrender.

They sounded like the horn fans of September.

Yet another winter of discontent looms... :grumpy:

Gosh I hope the Sooners can wake up and answer the call!

yermom
11/10/2013, 08:40 PM
Texass made a pretty big change when things weren't working. Seems to be working out so far...

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 08:55 PM
Texass made a pretty big change when things weren't working. Seems to be working out so far...

Yup. Ive always said I want to just enjoy each game as they come. Aint been much Joy at the shack this year, But Ill be here ready for the next one. Hopefully Next year I can get back on track and be able to attend a few .

Ruf/Nek7
11/10/2013, 09:30 PM
Look on the bright side. OUr bball team beat Bama and recruiting is on a roll right now!

8timechamps
11/10/2013, 09:38 PM
Sooner fans (in general) are always apathetic after a loss. This team could legitimately finish the season at 10-3, and there would still be a ton of apathy.

There are plenty of folks that don't feel the way I do, but after living through the Blake era, I'm pretty easy to please.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 09:48 PM
Sooner fans (in general) are always apathetic after a loss. This team could legitimately finish the season at 10-3, and there would still be a ton of apathy.

There are plenty of folks that don't feel the way I do, but after living through the Blake era, I'm pretty easy to please.

YUP. We Spoiled. The Loses dont hurt so much as the Embarrassing way we seem to lose

picasso
11/10/2013, 09:52 PM
We made drastic changes also.
It won't happen overnight.

FaninAma
11/10/2013, 10:30 PM

OU has won 8 out of the last 13 Big 12 titles. Injuries sidetracked 2009 and this year. Some of our fans need a little perspective.

OUinFLA
11/10/2013, 10:31 PM
I guess I was lucky, where I attend church, there are about 1000 Gator fans.
they didn't have much to say about OU.

best Sunday Ive had in a long time.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 10:47 PM
I guess I was lucky, where I attend church, there are about 1000 Gator fans.
they didn't have much to say about OU.

best Sunday Ive had in a long time.
Heh

8timechamps
11/10/2013, 10:54 PM
OU has won 8 out of the last 13 Big 12 titles. Injuries sidetracked 2009 and this year. Some of our fans need a little perspective.

Unfortunately, the fans that probably need the most perspective, are the least likely to be open to it. I doubt we're the only fanbase with that problem, but it sure seems like it at times.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 10:55 PM
Unfortunately, the fans that probably need the most perspective, are the least likely to be open to it. I doubt we're the only fanbase with that problem, but it sure seems like it at times.

I'd venture you be correct Bro

8timechamps
11/10/2013, 10:57 PM
YUP. We Spoiled. The Loses dont hurt so much as the Embarrassing way we seem to lose

Eh, it's college football. About the only way I would see it as embarrassing is if Baylor started taking a knee or running the ball up the middle, then going down. Lopsided losses happen once in a while, and even though this one looks bad on the scoreboard, the defense actually played pretty damn good.

Even if it would have been an embarrassing loss, it wouldn't have been me that was embarrassed. I have no control of the game, nor do I have any say in how the program runs. I'll leave the embarrassment to the guys that actually played and coached, and from what I've seen/heard, there was plenty of that.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 11:03 PM
Eh, it's college football. About the only way I would see it as embarrassing is if Baylor started taking a knee or running the ball up the middle, then going down. Lopsided losses happen once in a while, and even though this one looks bad on the scoreboard, the defense actually played pretty damn good.

Even if it would have been an embarrassing loss, it wouldn't have been me that was embarrassed. I have no control of the game, nor do I have any say in how the program runs. I'll leave the embarrassment to the guys that actually played and coached, and from what I've seen/heard, there was plenty of that.

Granted You Nor I were on the field and I really dont have any one around me that will taunt me over a win or loss.
Lets just say its Kinda Like yer 250Lb Boxing champ brother goes out and gets his *** kicked by a 120 lb scrawney little twerp . You Personally dint get YOUR *** kicked but yer still embarrassed a tad especially fer yer Brother, Then YOU go Taunting HIM :panda:

oudivesherpa
11/10/2013, 11:24 PM
I'd be apathetic but I just don't care. I have the tattoo number on my arm as a survivor of the Blake era.

birddog
11/10/2013, 11:39 PM
I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic. Pete Griffin

badger
11/11/2013, 09:41 AM
Meh, the whorns were lamenting the losses that they hadn't lost yet and they've been undefeated ever since.

Lucky bastards :P

SoonerorLater
11/11/2013, 11:19 AM
Would anybody be interested in forming an apathy support group?

FlatLander
11/11/2013, 11:26 AM

Same here. Don't mind getting beat when it is a good hard fought game and a play or two we get out executed on costs us the game. But the stuff they have been doing on the offensive side of the ball is embarrassing, even in some of the games we have won this year. It is just weird how they don't seem to be getting better as the season has progressed.

badger
11/11/2013, 11:51 AM
Would anybody be interested in forming an apathy support group?

Back in an era when bowl wins meant something more than just giving the players a free trip to wherever for their holidays (and the players themselves haven't played like they care a lot lately), two-loss seasons meant that they could still go out winners with a shiny new bowl trophy.

Now, it means you're out of national title contention, out of conference title contention, out of the national discussion and your games will kick off at 11 a.m. on Saturdays. Gahhhhh.

Someday, college football will axe half or more of its "FBS" teams or create a top division above the 120+ currently occupying it, and adopt a format similar to the NFL where you can be 0.500 and not out of postseason (and championship!) contention. Till then, the regular season is a playoff for very few, and an extended exercise in apathy for those that find themselves out of conference and championship contention.

But, you know, I'll still enjoy Sooner football because it's Sooner football. Maybe it'll get more enjoyable not worrying about what the BCS computers churn out or whether being co-co-co-co Big 12 champions will result in a BCS bowl berth, or whether we'll be outmatched by a top tier that sank to a mid-tier bowl. Hooray Zoidberg

Bourbon St Sooner
11/11/2013, 12:47 PM
I want to show that I'm not apathetic so I go out and kick a cat every hour because I'm so damn pissed that a bunch of 20 year olds lost on the football field.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/11/2013, 02:26 PM
Texass made a pretty big change when things weren't working. Seems to be working out so far...one other difference between them and us is that all along, every year, they have recruited well, at least on paper, and are not thin in talent, like we are.

BoulderSooner79
11/11/2013, 02:53 PM
one other difference between them and us is that all along, every year, they have recruited well, at least on paper, and are not thin in talent, like we are.

In the WVU game, the horns lost 1st teamers Gray(RB) and Whaley(DT) and proved to have the depth of talent to cover. The DT (Jackson?) who came in for Whaley ended up with some impressive stats. Of course, this was just WVU - we'll see how they hold together against OSU and Baylor.

oucary
11/12/2013, 03:03 PM
Apathy is not when you are mad at a loss, but when you don't care whether we win or lose.

BoulderSooner79
11/12/2013, 03:12 PM
I have some excellent input for this thread, but don't care enough to bother posting.