PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever tried to fix a Broken wing on a wild Bird?

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 08:54 AM
I got one here and Thinkin about tryin to get it back healthy. Any Ideas? Help?

Turd_Ferguson
11/10/2013, 09:22 AM
Prolly have to amputate it. You might super glue it to it's *** end for some hard opposite rudder...

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 09:29 AM
Prolly have to amputate it. You might super glue it to it's *** end for some hard opposite rudder...

Heh
Prolly aint gonna do a thing. Just read its ILLEGAL to try to fix one, But Ok to let the little ****ers Suffer and Die. What dorks dream up these laws?

Turd_Ferguson
11/10/2013, 09:38 AM
I wouldn't give a **** if it's illegal. There are quite a few videos on youtube on how to bandage them.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't give a **** if it's illegal. There are quite a few videos on youtube on how to bandage them.

Kinda My thinking , But I just took him out and Looked and the wing was way bad. Bleeding and **** and he was gettin weaker. So I set him FREE if ya know what I mean, I aint gonna let any critter suffer if I can help it.

reflector
11/10/2013, 01:37 PM
I can honestly say that I have never tried to fix a Broken wing on a wild Bird.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/10/2013, 01:42 PM
I can honestly say that I have never tried to fix a Broken wing on a wild Bird.Cats and dogs are ready and willing to do that

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 02:21 PM
Cats and dogs are ready and willing to do that

Yea the Cat had done a Bigger number on it than I thot at 1st. had to put it down . Oh well.

okiewaker
11/10/2013, 04:02 PM
You happen to know what the species was? Might be good eatin,,,after it's demise of course.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 04:38 PM
You happen to know what the species was? Might be good eatin,,,after it's demise of course.

Oh yea I know what it was, It wasnt an Eatin bird. This little bastard drove me nuts from early spring right on thru Late fall. Everything I tried he defeated .

You can read about him at the Hideout LOL

cleller
11/10/2013, 08:43 PM
I believe you will just have to feed and support it for the rest of its natural life.

Sound familiar?

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 09:17 PM
I believe you will just have to feed and support it for the rest of its natural life.

Sound familiar?

Heh, Well that wasnt long. The wing was so torn up inside that I just put it down. hated that dayum bird but wernt gonna let it suffer.

King Crimson
11/10/2013, 11:16 PM
i've pulled a couple crows and a raccoon off the street lately. hit by cars. the crows were dead. the coon i don't know, he was limp as i picked him up by the fur. seemed maybe a little life in him.

put them all in a bush, they don't deserve to run over time and time again. maybe, i don't know.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 11:21 PM
i've pulled a couple crows and a raccoon off the street lately. hit by cars. the crows were dead. the coon i don't know, he was limp as i picked him up by the fur. seemed maybe a little life in him.

put them all in a bush, they don't deserve to run over time and time again. maybe, i don't know.

Shoulda skint that Coon and made a Daniel Boone. If it was a Boar ya coulda skint his dick back and got a swizzle stick LOL

Im like you tho bro I try to get em off the road If I can .

okiewaker
11/11/2013, 12:02 AM
I've tried my best, swerving etc,,,to hit a crow feasting on a carcass in the street. No luck. The bastages fly off just before impact.

olevetonahill
11/11/2013, 12:36 AM
I've tried my best, swerving etc,,,to hit a crow feasting on a carcass in the street. No luck. The bastages fly off just before impact.

Back when I did a LOT of road huntin and tried to shoot a crow, them bastages Knew what kind of weapon I had, I stick a shotgun out the winder and if they were in range they fly off. If they wernt they jsut sit there and LOL at ya. But pull out a scoped rifle and they would fly off if they were within 200 yards

SanJoaquinSooner
11/11/2013, 01:49 AM
You should watch Birdman from Alcatraz (You probably have seen it before) to get some inspiration.

olevetonahill
11/11/2013, 03:17 AM
You should watch Birdman from Alcatraz (You probably have seen it before) to get some inspiration.

Years ago .

KantoSooner
11/11/2013, 03:32 PM
Back when I did a LOT of road huntin and tried to shoot a crow, them bastages Knew what kind of weapon I had, I stick a shotgun out the winder and if they were in range they fly off. If they wernt they jsut sit there and LOL at ya. But pull out a scoped rifle and they would fly off if they were within 200 yards

I'd wondered about that. It always seemed to me that they knew the difference. I finally had to resort to shooting them by positioning myself inside a dark garage. Nice rthing was it was cool and you could set up with a lawn chair and sand bags on a work bench. They never did seem to figure that out....but they soon avoided The Tree Limb Of Death.

Jacie
11/16/2013, 10:17 PM
If it happens again, check out this link for what to do.

http://www.wikihow.com/Care-for-an-Injured-Wild-Bird-That-Cannot-Fly

olevetonahill
11/16/2013, 10:40 PM
If it happens again, check out this link for what to do.

http://www.wikihow.com/Care-for-an-Injured-Wild-Bird-That-Cannot-Fly

Once I got it in a cage and was able to look at it close, It was hopeless, Cat just about had it pulled off. the Bone was seperated and blood everywhere. More humane just to put it down