PDA

View Full Version : Outlook on remainder of the season...

Ruf/Nek7
11/9/2013, 07:24 PM
Just curious as to what you guys think the remainder of the season looks like for us. Here is my outlook:

ISU in Norman- This should be a blow out win because we should be pissed off about the last game's performance but we all know what happened the last time this was supposed to happen. We struggled to win on a field that is surrounded by a track. OU wins 24-13

@KSU-This game officially scares me for three reasons. 1.) Ksu is very physical and loves to run the ball up your throat. May be a rough night for the defense. 2.) It is in Manhattan. The only solid road game we had was at ND. And at this point, that is still a head scratcher. 3.) Ksu has looked pretty good as of late. I think most can agree that you can throw out the whole "who have they played crap" because baylor just showed us that when you're hot you're hot. OU loses 27-24

@osu- This one hurts. Again, like ksu above, osu has looked pretty good and they will look to execute the same game plan as baylor did. Spread us out, and run it on us. The game is obviously in stoolwater and osu smells blood in the water. Wouldn't be surprised if they too do a blackout night against OU and hold us to 1 td. Defense will do their best to slow down osu but offense will yet again, let us down in a big way and we end the regular season with a very nasty taste in our mouth and less interested in our tier 2 bowl. OU loses 34-13.

Bowl Game: I am guessing we will be in the Alamo bowl which will be nice as i will be able to attend. I would like to think we would play someone like ASU. A team we should be but most will have diminished faith. I will remain optimistic about this one because a good game plan will actually be executed. OU will win because, like their previous bowl wins against Iowa, and Stanford, OU will be in a bowl that they never should have been in and therefore play a team that is not as talented and shoot, let's be honest, it wont be a BCS bowl. OU 34-23

Feel free to rip this thread and my post to shreds.

lexsooner
11/9/2013, 07:27 PM
Outlook for the remainder of the season:

Ugly win over ISU; ugly losses to KSU and OSU.

BoulderSooner79
11/9/2013, 07:48 PM
Another coaching challenge to get OUr guys emotionally charged up. Everything is off the table except for which crappy bowl we go to. I like to think the '14 season starts now and would love to see some other guys get some PT. Certainly at QB position. Sometimes young guys hungry for playing time can spark the whole team.

bluedogok
11/9/2013, 08:02 PM
They could win or lose the rest of the games. It depends which teams show up on any given night.

SoonerorLater
11/9/2013, 08:03 PM
If I had to bet everything I owned I would say we finish 1-2 for the remainder of conference games. The bowl game, who knows. That penciled in victory at KSU is starting to look pretty shaky.

5noubus
11/9/2013, 08:09 PM
I predict a good win over Iowa state, An ugly close lucky win over kstate.
( unless they strip the ball like they try to do over and over with tech)
So we will all think there's a chance with the pukes but we choke and have an embarrassing loss.

soonerfan69
11/9/2013, 08:33 PM
If they play uninspired and the coaches go with the same gameplan as last week we lose them all

TXBOOMER
11/9/2013, 08:57 PM
WLL then continue to "Rebuild".

olevetonahill
11/9/2013, 09:03 PM
My Outlook? Ima be sending that 100 Back to Stoolwater, :grumpy:

Snrinhouston
11/9/2013, 09:17 PM
They could win or lose the rest of the games. It depends which teams show up on any given night.

Sadly, I wonder if losing the rest of the games would be the fastest way to get back to where we want to be.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/9/2013, 09:18 PM
A lot of the final 3 games depends on whether there is a QB change or not. That doesn't guarantee improvement, but what is pretty much a guarantee is Bell's is simply not playing well right now and OU looks very much like a team that will finish 1-2 for the final regular season games if he remains the starter.

olevetonahill
11/9/2013, 09:25 PM
A lot of the final 3 games depends on whether there is a QB change or not. That doesn't guarantee improvement, but what is pretty much a guarantee is Bell's is simply not playing well right now and OU looks very much like a team that will finish 1-2 for the final regular season games if he remains the starter.

The question is How many points will ISU be favored?

okiewaker
11/9/2013, 09:27 PM
Outlook: really don't care whether OU wins or loses every game (really do) from here on out. BUT,,,gotta figure tha crap out for next year,,offensively speaking. May o well be next week.

Snrinhouston
11/9/2013, 09:34 PM
Watching this Bama-LSU game underscores how far the program has fallen under Stoops in the last 5 years.

Both these teams would have be able to sit their starters the entire second half against OU.

FaninAma
11/9/2013, 09:44 PM
We win all 3.

Snrinhouston
11/9/2013, 09:54 PM
We win all 3.

That is a bold prediction. I don't agree, but would be nice to be proven wrong.

Position Limit
11/9/2013, 10:10 PM
We win 1 more game and get nuked in our annual bowl comedy/tradegy

SoonerMarkVA
11/9/2013, 10:31 PM
I think it's one more win the rest of the season. I hope Thompson gets a game or two, but even if he does a good job I'm so dismayed by our O line that I seriously doubt it would matter except maybe against ISU.

EatLeadCommie
11/9/2013, 11:34 PM
If we finish 1-2, we finish 5th on conference? That's Alamo bowl material? More like toilet bowl

Soonerus
11/9/2013, 11:49 PM
We will go 3-0, 2-1, 1-2 or 0-3...

SOONER44EVER
11/9/2013, 11:52 PM
If we win we'll win them by 3 or 4 points. If we lose we'll lose by 20. When Stoops' Sooners lose they makes sure everyone knows they lost.

EatLeadCommie
11/10/2013, 12:06 AM
ND just lost to lousy Pitt. We officially have no quality wins this year

Soonerus
11/10/2013, 12:07 AM
ND just lost to lousy Pitt. We officially have no quality wins this year

and now the sky is falling...

birddog
11/10/2013, 12:10 AM
If there was ever a time when farking should make a big time comeback on this board now would be just about right. I miss that stuff.

BoulderSooner79
11/10/2013, 12:12 AM
Fair to partly cloudy, with scattered meltdowns.

IslandSooner
11/10/2013, 12:25 AM
We beat ISU, we lose the other two..... The bowl game? same ole sh*t, we show up uninspired, (and win or lose) we look like we don't give a sh*t and our coaches get a raise.... Boomer Sooner!!!

Okie35
11/10/2013, 04:15 AM
We beat ISU, we lose the other two..... The bowl game? same ole sh*t, we show up uninspired, (and win or lose) we look like we don't give a sh*t and our coaches get a raise.... Boomer Sooner!!!

But they actually do care ...

or we would've lost to Iowa, Uconn, Stanford, etc...

Sooner91ATL
11/10/2013, 08:49 AM
Outlook for the remainder of the season:

Ugly win over ISU; ugly losses to KSU and OSU.

Yes.

For the dreary bowl game that we will prepare for with all the intensity of a church bake sale in Purcell: if we draw an opponent that we can match athletically across the lines (rules out most bowl eligible teams) then I like our chances. Anything more formidable than an 8-4 type team that is not one dimensional, then I think we end the season with an 0-3 underwear streak that leaves our team spirit broken at 8-5 and our coach with a contract extension and a Boren back rub.

At 8-4 we could go to the Alamo Bowl and play a Big 10 upper mid team like Nebraska or Minnesota that might be competitive if we prepare like we care. Or we could go to the Meineke Car Care Bowl and play a midlevel Pac 12 team like Oregon State or USC that we don't match with well in any phase of the game except maybe sideline nutritionist. Possible route to victory that could shorten the stain: Wild Wings bowl in Tempe and play a 5 loss Big 10 running team and hope for salvation.

BoulderSooner79
11/10/2013, 11:47 AM
But they actually do care ...

or we would've lost to Iowa, Uconn, Stanford, etc...

Normally, I'd agree with you because I rarely buy that "uninspired" or "didn't show up" subjective crap. But that game against Iowa really looked uninspired. The sad part was that the Iowa team looked like they didn't GAS either! The OU tradition should always fire up the opposition. I think that Iowa squad had some off the field stuff going on that year, so maybe that explained it.

OUr guys looked fine against Uconn and Stanford. Can't control who got the BCS bid when it was Uconn. And we got Stanford because that's the level of team we were that season.

Okie35
11/10/2013, 03:17 PM
Yes.

For the dreary bowl game that we will prepare for with all the intensity of a church bake sale in Purcell: if we draw an opponent that we can match athletically across the lines (rules out most bowl eligible teams) then I like our chances. Anything more formidable than an 8-4 type team that is not one dimensional, then I think we end the season with an 0-3 underwear streak that leaves our team spirit broken at 8-5 and our coach with a contract extension and a Boren back rub.

At 8-4 we could go to the Alamo Bowl and play a Big 10 upper mid team like Nebraska or Minnesota that might be competitive if we prepare like we care. Or we could go to the Meineke Car Care Bowl and play a midlevel Pac 12 team like Oregon State or USC that we don't match with well in any phase of the game except maybe sideline nutritionist. Possible route to victory that could shorten the stain: Wild Wings bowl in Tempe and play a 5 loss Big 10 running team and hope for salvation.

We'll go 9-3 and play UCLA or Arizona State in the Alamo... if we go 8-4 we'll play Minnesota in the Texas Bowl.

SoonerorLater
11/10/2013, 03:27 PM
We'll go 9-3 and play UCLA or Arizona State in the Alamo... if we go 8-4 we'll play Minnesota in the Texas Bowl.

What? We're still rebuilding. There's no way we should be expected to play powerhouse programs like Minnesota or UCLA.

Snrinhouston
11/10/2013, 03:56 PM
What? We're still rebuilding. There's no way we should be expected to play powerhouse programs like Minnesota or UCLA.

Pretty sure UCLA and ASU would thump us. Probably be able to be Minnie. Either way, as close as both destinations are to me, I am not spending another dime on OU travel/tickets until Stoops puts a significantly better product on the field. Trip to Waco was a complete waste of time and money. And if the product gets much worse, I won't be watching on tv either. Will revert back to my 1996-1998 status

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 04:03 PM
Oh Good the Wagon is gettin lighter

8timechamps
11/10/2013, 04:05 PM
Just curious as to what you guys think the remainder of the season looks like for us. Here is my outlook:

ISU in Norman- This should be a blow out win because we should be pissed off about the last game's performance but we all know what happened the last time this was supposed to happen. We struggled to win on a field that is surrounded by a track. OU wins 24-13

@KSU-This game officially scares me for three reasons. 1.) Ksu is very physical and loves to run the ball up your throat. May be a rough night for the defense. 2.) It is in Manhattan. The only solid road game we had was at ND. And at this point, that is still a head scratcher. 3.) Ksu has looked pretty good as of late. I think most can agree that you can throw out the whole "who have they played crap" because baylor just showed us that when you're hot you're hot. OU loses 27-24

@osu- This one hurts. Again, like ksu above, osu has looked pretty good and they will look to execute the same game plan as baylor did. Spread us out, and run it on us. The game is obviously in stoolwater and osu smells blood in the water. Wouldn't be surprised if they too do a blackout night against OU and hold us to 1 td. Defense will do their best to slow down osu but offense will yet again, let us down in a big way and we end the regular season with a very nasty taste in our mouth and less interested in our tier 2 bowl. OU loses 34-13.

Bowl Game: I am guessing we will be in the Alamo bowl which will be nice as i will be able to attend. I would like to think we would play someone like ASU. A team we should be but most will have diminished faith. I will remain optimistic about this one because a good game plan will actually be executed. OU will win because, like their previous bowl wins against Iowa, and Stanford, OU will be in a bowl that they never should have been in and therefore play a team that is not as talented and shoot, let's be honest, it wont be a BCS bowl. OU 34-23

Feel free to rip this thread and my post to shreds.

The ND game isn't really a head scratcher, it's just proof that Phillips and Nelson were a big part of the defense. We haven't been the same since TCU, although I think we've done pretty well without those guys.

ISU - Win. I contend that ISU is the worst team in the conference and will lost to Kansas.

KSU - I believe this is a win. On paper, we should win, and I think there are a lot of guys on this team that have a score to settle from last year.

OSU - I have no idea, but I think it'll be close. OSU's offense is playing better, but they don't have near the talent of Baylor right now. Their defense is still questionable, and while they too have been playing better, that doesn't mean they've found the magic formula. I think it'll be close, but I give the edge to OSU because it's a tough road game.

I think we'll finish out 9-3, 10-3 with a bowl win. Not bad for a rebuilding year.

Snrinhouston
11/10/2013, 04:12 PM
Oh Good the Wagon is gettin lighter

Sorry, not a l*s*r like you. Though I like OU football, I realize it's merely a form of entertainment at the end of the day. It's not my life. Stoops has never sent me a check or a holiday card. Win or lose, I still have to go to work on Monday. Hence if that form of entertainment gets so weak that doing other things provides more utility, then I'll do other things.

OU football is clearly your life. So I'd suggest three things.

1. Get a life
2. Change your Depends
3. STFU. Your constant inciting of trash talk isn't appreciated. FYI, I continue to receive notifications of support from other members every time I have to verbally light you up. (which given the grey matter you're working with, is not very hard)

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 04:17 PM
Sorry, not a l*s*r like you. Though I like OU football, I realize it's merely a form of entertainment at the end of the day. It's not my life. Stoops has never sent me a check or a holiday card. Win or lose, I still have to go to work on Monday. Hence if that form of entertainment gets so weak that doing other things provides more utility, then I'll do other things.

OU football is clearly your life. So I'd suggest three things.

1. Get a life
2. Change your Depends
3. STFU. Your constant inciting of trash talk isn't appreciated. FYI, I continue to receive notifications of support from other members every time I have to verbally light you up. (which given the grey matter you're working with, is not very hard)

Im so Impressed by you and you magnificence , I hope you and your 3 buddies enjoy yourselves

Snrinhouston
11/10/2013, 04:23 PM
Im so Impressed by you and you magnificence , I hope you and your 3 buddies enjoy yourselves

Given that timid response, I'm guessing that you're hurt to find out that you're not nearly as cool and respected as you thought. Sorry Private Pyle.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 04:24 PM
Given that timid response, I'm guessing that you're hurt to find out that you're not nearly as cool and respected as you thought. Sorry Private Pyle.

You go Twinkletoes. Keep impressing me with your wit.

Snrinhouston
11/10/2013, 04:28 PM
You go Twinkletoes. Keep impressing me with your wit.

And you keep dismaying me with your lack thereof. I was about to call you as dumb as a box of rocks, but then I realized I have no reason to be demeaning the boxes of rocks in the world.

But don't worry, your Posse will continue to tell you how wonderful you are.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 04:42 PM
And you keep dismaying me with your lack thereof. I was about to call you as dumb as a box of rocks, but then I realized I have no reason to be demeaning the boxes of rocks in the world.

But don't worry, your Posse will continue to tell you how wonderful you are.
Tell me Boy, Which one of us stepped on yer toes in yer other board personae?
You seem to think this is a Popularity contest between us when in fact it aint **** cause you mean less than **** to me or prolly anyone else here.

I know who My friends are Online here and those I have met in person from here. So go ahead and sling yer little dull barbs. The only one's yer impressing are the ones who dont like me anyway.
You go Twinkle Toes.

Snrinhouston
11/10/2013, 04:47 PM
Tell me Boy, Which one of us stepped on yer toes in yer other board personae?
You seem to think this is a Popularity contest between us when in fact it aint **** cause you mean less than **** to me or prolly anyone else here.

I know who My friends are Online here and those I have met in person from here. So go ahead and sling yer little dull barbs. The only one's yer impressing are the ones who dont like me anyway.
You go Twinkle Toes.

Is that it? Well I'll give you this. You do have one thing in common with Cool Hand Luke. You keep getting up off the ground even though you can't land a punch or have little on it if you could.

And you're right. Good thing for you, this isn't a popularity contest.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 04:51 PM
Is that it? Well I'll give you this. You do have one thing in common with Cool Hand Luke. You keep getting up off the ground even though you can't land a punch or have little on it if you could.

And you're right. Good thing for you, this isn't a popularity contest.

Keep going there energizer , I'll figure out some day whos troll ya are, when I GAF enough to worry about,

Right now I just dont think yer worth the effort.

Johnny Utah
11/10/2013, 04:59 PM
Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! Third rule of Fight Club: someone yells "stop!", goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: No shirts, no shoes. Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 05:00 PM
Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! Third rule of Fight Club: someone yells "stop!", goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: No shirts, no shoes. Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Heh. Im tired of dickin with the nOObs Yall can have em for now,

Johnny Utah
11/10/2013, 05:04 PM
Heh. Im tired of dickin with the nOObs Yall can have em for now,

Thx ...would have liked to have posted the clip but was being lazy / watching my Broncos. Like your quote btw.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 05:06 PM
Thx ...would have liked to have posted the clip but was being lazy. Like your quote btw.

Ya done Good. I'd Spek ya If I could so have another HEH instead LOL

Sooner91ATL
11/10/2013, 05:06 PM
The biggest reason this board doesn't have more discussion is because when one that is halfway interesting gets going, some hair pulling breaks out among the cliques and the claques. I'd like to read more football opinions, even those I disagree with, than have threads interrupted with this k r a p.

okiewaker
11/10/2013, 05:07 PM
Sh!tbirds don't make for good eat'n.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 05:08 PM
The biggest reason this board doesn't have more discussion is because when one that is halfway interesting gets going, some hair pulling breaks out among the cliques and the claques. I'd like to read more football opinions, even those I disagree with, than have threads interrupted with this k r a p.

Well then read those threads Started By 8TC ,JKM and a few others, They know WTF they are talkin about.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 05:09 PM
Sh!tbirds don't make for good eat'n.

But If they Did how would ya cook em?

SoonerorLater
11/10/2013, 05:12 PM
But If they Did how would ya cook em?

That's a deep philosophical question that is best left to wisemen and scholars.

Snrinhouston
11/10/2013, 05:17 PM

You are right.

But I don't back down from a fight. And if you check this thread. I didn't start it. Some like to start fights, then keep leading with the chin.

Johnny Utah
11/10/2013, 05:19 PM

I think there's sufficient discussion but it definitely has a bias toward glass half full vs glass half empty opinions. Additionally certain members seem to live in fear that a coaching change would revert the program back to the Blake era. If you want MORE discussion look at Land Thieves but its sheer number of threads makes my head spin.

BoulderSooner79
11/10/2013, 05:25 PM
I think we'll finish out 9-3, 10-3 with a bowl win. Not bad for a rebuilding year.

I'm going to have to disagree with you unless we see something different the next 3+1 games. Not talking about the final W/L record, but what have we (re)built? I count a successful rebuilding year as one where the team finishes much better than it started and it has a bunch of returning guys that have gotten better with experience. '05 was an excellent rebuilding year. I certainly like what we've seen from Striker/Tapper and Sanchez. I don't see any players on offense that we developed outside a few glimpses of what Ford can do. And we have done nothing to establish a QB. Hope we make more progress with the games we have left.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 05:25 PM
I think there's sufficient discussion but it definitely has a bias toward glass half full vs glass half empty opinions. Additionally certain members seem to live in fear that a coaching change would revert the program back to the Blake era. If you want MORE discussion look at Land Thieves but its sheer number of threads makes my head spin.

IMHO. What it boils down to is How many dayum threads do we need that Say Josh sucks Bell Sucks, Bob Sucks. Imsick of this and want my money back? I wont travel anymore Nor will I watch on TeeVee.
Shat gets old.
Bob Knows the team is Broke He will either Fix it or he wont, And theres not a Goddamn thing any of US peons on a message board can do about it.

Johnny Utah
11/10/2013, 05:28 PM
IMHO. What it boils down to is How many dayum threads do we need that Say Josh sucks Bell Sucks, Bob Sucks. Imsick of this and want my money back? I wont travel anymore Nor will I watch on TeeVee.
Shat gets old.
Bob Knows the team is Broke He will either Fix it or he wont, And theres not a Goddamn thing any of US peons on a message board can do about it.

We're on the same page ...that's why I don't post on Land Thieves and can only spend a limited time on it.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 05:30 PM
We're on the same page ...that's why I don't post on Land Thieves and can only spend a limited time on it.

I dont post there either Maybe My New friend should go there and Post, They dont like me either. :wink:

I just get sick and tired of reading all this negative crap after EVERY game even a win.

If the SO hadnt died Id be spending all my time there.

Turd_Ferguson
11/10/2013, 05:47 PM
You are right.

But I don't back down from a fight. And if you check this thread. I didn't start it. Some like to start fights, then keep leading with the chin.
lol. I bet you never back down cause you never stepped up to one. Billy Badass. lol

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 05:50 PM
lol. I bet you never back down cause you never stepped up to one. Billy Badass. lol

Like I told the Baby Boy the other Night he knows where I live and He knows my name. hes welcome on the hill anytime.
Now as to staring anything today? I simply made a Post that said something like "Great the wagon is gettin lighter" Twinkle Toes goes all balistic with the name callin and shat.
I just have another natty and Grin at his foolishness.

Johnny Utah
11/10/2013, 06:02 PM
Ya done Good. I'd Spek ya If I could so have another HEH instead LOL

Thanks and an early Happy Veterans Day to ya! Your service is admired and appreciated.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 06:07 PM
Thanks and an early Happy Veterans Day to ya! Your service is admired and appreciated.

Thank ya bro

Ruf/Nek7
11/10/2013, 07:06 PM
The ND game isn't really a head scratcher, it's just proof that Phillips and Nelson were a big part of the defense. We haven't been the same since TCU, although I think we've done pretty well without those guys.

ISU - Win. I contend that ISU is the worst team in the conference and will lost to Kansas.

KSU - I believe this is a win. On paper, we should win, and I think there are a lot of guys on this team that have a score to settle from last year.

OSU - I have no idea, but I think it'll be close. OSU's offense is playing better, but they don't have near the talent of Baylor right now. Their defense is still questionable, and while they too have been playing better, that doesn't mean they've found the magic formula. I think it'll be close, but I give the edge to OSU because it's a tough road game.

I def think the team can rally and beat ksu. We will have to shut down the run which is what scares me. They can really control the ball. I also hope that we would have seen a QB change at that point too. I really want to see some KT next Sat.

NorthernIowaSooner
11/10/2013, 07:12 PM
You are right.

Not backing down from an internet fight proves you're tough. But being in an internet fight removes all illusion of toughness.

jiminy
11/10/2013, 07:37 PM

I have come to believe that Land Thieves is just an elaborate hoax perpetrated upon the old OUInsider fanbase by the Shaggy Bevo clan. There is no other explanation

That said, I wish we had sports scores on the forum pages like they do

birddog
11/10/2013, 08:09 PM
My outlook is I'm a ****in Sooner til the day I die and I'll be at the game supporting the kids that wanted to play here and be apart of something we all love. I'll get my panties in a massive wad if we continue to regress. However, with the number of frosh and sophs leading this team for the next few years I think we will be back in business Sooner rather than later

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 08:41 PM
My outlook is I'm a ****in Sooner til the day I die and I'll be at the game supporting the kids that wanted to play here and be apart of something we all love. I'll get my panties in a massive wad if we continue to regress. However, with the number of frosh and sophs leading this team for the next few years I think we will be back in business Sooner rather than later

I kinda Like what ya said and the way ya said bro.
Aint no point in gettin all twisted and screamin for this one to be fired or that one. Aint our Jorb, Our Jorb is to Scream and Yell fer the team.
Some one said it best earlier today. I get Pissed yell and scream throw things fer 15 er 30 minutes then Im all better and ready fer next game .

Snrinhouston
11/10/2013, 08:49 PM
Not backing down from an internet fight proves you're tough. But being in an internet fight removes all illusion of toughness.

That's profound. Never mind the fact that it's internally contradictory...What other aphorisms and witticisms can you share?

8timechamps
11/10/2013, 09:35 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with you unless we see something different the next 3+1 games. Not talking about the final W/L record, but what have we (re)built? I count a successful rebuilding year as one where the team finishes much better than it started and it has a bunch of returning guys that have gotten better with experience. '05 was an excellent rebuilding year. I certainly like what we've seen from Striker/Tapper and Sanchez. I don't see any players on offense that we developed outside a few glimpses of what Ford can do. And we have done nothing to establish a QB. Hope we make more progress with the games we have left.

I think the offensive struggles we see now will work in our favor in the next year or two (even if it just means a new QB through attrition). The more I watch this offense, the more I think we're not that far off from having something (I know that sounds crazy after the Baylor game). The constant rotation of O-linemen is a big deal, as those non-starters need the experience. However, I can agree there's not been a lot of rebuilding on offense. Where the rebuilding has been most apparent is on the defense. We're still pretty young on that side of the ball, and there are plenty of guys that are getting some time (that we don't hear about as often, like Moore, Taylor, Byrd, etc). In addition to Tapper, Striker and Sanchez, you've got to consider Alexander too. He was thrust into the role, and has actually played pretty darn good, but he's still a true freshman.

Even if we only get one side of the ball to play at a high level, we'll have made progress.

8timechamps
11/10/2013, 09:36 PM
I def think the team can rally and beat ksu. We will have to shut down the run which is what scares me. They can really control the ball. I also hope that we would have seen a QB change at that point too. I really want to see some KT next Sat.

KSU (again) has figured out a way to play offense, but this team is nowhere near last year's defensive team. It won't be an easy game by any means, but one I think we should win.

Snrinhouston
11/10/2013, 09:54 PM
KSU (again) has figured out a way to play offense, but this team is nowhere near last year's defensive team. It won't be an easy game by any means, but one I think we should win.

I would have no idea how to wager on this game. Seems like there are many plausible ways the game could unfold.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 10:07 PM
I would have no idea how to wager on this game. Seems like there are many plausible ways the game could unfold.

I usually just call my Bookie :wink:

BoulderSooner79
11/10/2013, 11:05 PM
I think the offensive struggles we see now will work in our favor in the next year or two (even if it just means a new QB through attrition). The more I watch this offense, the more I think we're not that far off from having something (I know that sounds crazy after the Baylor game). The constant rotation of O-linemen is a big deal, as those non-starters need the experience. However, I can agree there's not been a lot of rebuilding on offense. Where the rebuilding has been most apparent is on the defense. We're still pretty young on that side of the ball, and there are plenty of guys that are getting some time (that we don't hear about as often, like Moore, Taylor, Byrd, etc). In addition to Tapper, Striker and Sanchez, you've got to consider Alexander too. He was thrust into the role, and has actually played pretty darn good, but he's still a true freshman.

Even if we only get one side of the ball to play at a high level, we'll have made progress.

I think we've regressed on offense after watching WVU,TCU and UT. At least Baylor has some serious stats on defense to respect. But as I said, I agree we've done some commendable rebuilding on defense. Offense may need a trip to the drawing board. We're losing our most dependable players on top of that in Saunders, Clay, DD Williams, Millard. Ikard too, but I'm sure I'd get some argument on his abilities.

birddog
11/10/2013, 11:08 PM
Vet, I'm not going to claim ignorance or naivety about the program I just appreciate we have something to look forward to on Saturday's every year. The product we've seen on the field clearly isn't as entertaining as we are used to but damn, there aren't many programs that have the potential or resources we do to get back to good times in Norman. We are lucky to have such high expectations. Honestly the slate of home games has been the least impressive I can ever remember and that definitely has put a damper on this season almost as much as the nonstop injuries and crappy offense

Soonerjeepman
11/10/2013, 11:11 PM
we'll beat isu, I'd say we'd have a better shot at osu just because of the rivalry. I do think we'll go 1-2 though. Guess, I'm keeping myself from getting to hyped up...lol

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 11:16 PM
Vet, I'm not going to claim ignorance or naivety about the program I just appreciate we have something to look forward to on Saturday's every year. The product we've seen on the field clearly isn't as entertaining as we are used to but damn, there aren't many programs that have the potential or resources we do to get back to good times in Norman. We are lucky to have such high expectations. Honestly the slate of home games has been the least impressive I can ever remember and that definitely has put a damper on this season almost as much as the nonstop injuries and crappy offense

Agreed Bro. The Last 2 years Ive been hit with Large Cash outlays that I was not prepared for. So I havnt made a game in those 2 seasons. NOT because I dont want to, Just Im not going to run up Credit Card debt for it.
I should be back on an even keel next season and Make a few then , Hope so anyway. This Financial deal is still tryin to Kick my butt.

If I can sell this House an 2 acres in the country thats just been sittin vacant I'll be ok for sure.

Did you ever get back in the BBQ business?

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 11:17 PM
we'll beat isu, I'd say we'd have a better shot at osu just because of the rivalry. I do think we'll go 1-2 though. Guess, I'm keeping myself from getting to hyped up...lol

I hope you are right my friend

birddog
11/10/2013, 11:20 PM
Yep, I have a sick habit of checking this board everyday for updates, player info etc. Is there another board that talks more about football, good, bad, or indifferent?

cyclonesooner
11/10/2013, 11:26 PM
Hard to believe how far the talent level has fallen just since the days of Jason White, Mark Clayton, Tommie Harris, Lehman, etc. Disgusting.

olevetonahill
11/11/2013, 08:01 AM
That's profound. Never mind the fact that it's internally contradictory...What other aphorisms and witticisms can you share?

Man Ya got this Old Boy done skeered . Ya gonna whoop me in an Internet Fight? I may need to change my depends if ya that badass!
bring it BOY

Snrinhouston
11/11/2013, 01:05 PM
Man Ya got this Old Boy done skeered . Ya gonna whoop me in an Internet Fight? I may need to change my depends if ya that badass!
bring it BOY

At first it was mildly amusing to issue you a verbal beatdown every time YOU instigated something. But now it's old...not even sport. Kinda like OU playing Kansas State in the 80s.

You have neither wit nor style. Lacking both, you build your persona around having served in the military (my guess is KP duty in 'nam, you'd have been fragged in active combat) and playing the part of the country hick. For some reason you think it's cool/endearing to write (and speak, I'm sure) like Jethro Bodine.

Henceforth, consider yourself ignored. Other than the few likeminded cronies of yours (grown men who identify themselves with a posse), I'm sure you're used to it. I'd sarcastically tell you to have a nice life, but first you have to get one. 59,000+ posts...you should be embarrassed.

MichiganSooner
11/11/2013, 02:57 PM
I hope we go 2-1 but expect 1-2. We will not blow out Iowa State unless one thing happens; lots of defensive points and/or special team points accumulate. The offense has not been able to put up 50 by halftime against anyone this season and it will not happen against Iowa State either.

BoulderSooner79
11/11/2013, 03:12 PM
It will be interesting to see how the team reacts now that they are essentially out of any championship possibility. And the team will reflect the coaches attitude during the week.

tooslow
11/11/2013, 03:14 PM
The offense has not been able to put up 50 by halftime against anyone this season and it will not happen against Iowa State either.

By halftime? lol I'd be thrilled if this unit could put up 50 in a whole game! Oh wait, that did happen ONCE this year against the almighty Tulsa squad.

8timechamps
11/11/2013, 03:15 PM
I think we've regressed on offense after watching WVU,TCU and UT. At least Baylor has some serious stats on defense to respect. But as I said, I agree we've done some commendable rebuilding on defense. Offense may need a trip to the drawing board. We're losing our most dependable players on top of that in Saunders, Clay, DD Williams, Millard. Ikard too, but I'm sure I'd get some argument on his abilities.

I'm on board with that. I would love to see us dump the no-huddle stuff as a start. Ikard is our best lineman, and while I think Darlington will be very good, it's hard to replace that kind of leadership. I think Clay, Millard and Ikard are the leaders on offense, so we'll need some guys to really step up.

BoulderSooner79
11/11/2013, 03:52 PM
By halftime? lol I'd be thrilled if this unit could put up 50 in a whole game! Oh wait, that did happen ONCE this year against the almighty Tulsa squad.

Hey, only 1 other team has managed to put 50+ on Tulsa. And that was the juggernaut from East Carolina, so we're in good company!

tooslow
11/11/2013, 05:47 PM
Hey, only 1 other team has managed to put 50+ on Tulsa. And that was the juggernaut from East Carolina, so we're in good company!

Ah shucks, now it doesn't feel so special. ;)

olevetonahill
11/12/2013, 08:48 AM
At first it was mildly amusing to issue you a verbal beatdown every time YOU instigated something. But now it's old...not even sport. Kinda like OU playing Kansas State in the 80s.

You have neither wit nor style. Lacking both, you build your persona around having served in the military (my guess is KP duty in 'nam, you'd have been fragged in active combat) and playing the part of the country hick. For some reason you think it's cool/endearing to write (and speak, I'm sure) like Jethro Bodine.

Henceforth, consider yourself ignored. Other than the few likeminded cronies of yours (grown men who identify themselves with a posse), I'm sure you're used to it. I'd sarcastically tell you to have a nice life, but first you have to get one. 59,000+ posts...you should be embarrassed.

I so wanted you to Like me. Im all broken up.
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQS4Yblc0SfPvCkcqyfQD04FAsm3stdL voxA5lePCs5tDXCRcjk

FaninAma
12/7/2013, 10:46 PM
Have a little faith. The future looks bright and it is great to have the Stoops brothers back together again.

picasso
12/22/2013, 01:02 AM
Pretty sure UCLA and ASU would thump us. Probably be able to be Minnie. Either way, as close as both destinations are to me, I am not spending another dime on OU travel/tickets until Stoops puts a significantly better product on the field. Trip to Waco was a complete waste of time and money. And if the product gets much worse, I won't be watching on tv either. Will revert back to my 1996-1998 status

Good. Please. Leave.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/23/2013, 01:26 PM
If I had to bet everything I owned I would say we finish 1-2 for the remainder of conference games. The bowl game, who knows. That penciled in victory at KSU is starting to look pretty shaky.

I hope you didn't bet everything you own. Maybe you can log on from the computer at the local library and let us know if you are sleeping on cardboard.

FaninAma
1/3/2014, 01:24 AM
Another classic bump. This team overcame a lot of adversity.

Wishboned
1/3/2014, 01:26 AM
Another classic bump. This team overcame a lot of adversity.

This team had an *** ton of heart.

FaninAma
1/3/2014, 01:00 PM
This team had an *** ton of heart.

Why yes they did. This team is young and it was apparent that they needed some time to get some experience for all of the players who were thrown into starting positions because of injuries.

I also think the turn around is a testament to the new coaches(including Mike Stoops). If there were any doubters that he is head and shoulders above Brent let those doubts be put to rest for good.

SoonerorLater
1/3/2014, 01:13 PM
I hope you didn't bet everything you own. Maybe you can log on from the computer at the local library and let us know if you are sleeping on cardboard.

************* Revised Prediction ****************

I think OU will go 3-0 for the final three games of the regular season. If we are able to win out I see us going to a BCS Bowl. Probably the Sugar Bowl against Alabama. Surprisingly I think this will be a great match-up for Oklahoma and I actually see us winning the game by a couple of touchdowns.

FaninAma
1/3/2014, 01:44 PM
************* Revised Prediction ****************

I think OU will go 3-0 for the final three games of the regular season. If we are able to win out I see us going to a BCS Bowl. Probably the Sugar Bowl against Alabama. Surprisingly I think this will be a great match-up for Oklahoma and I actually see us winning the game by a couple of touchdowns.

Great call. You are like nostra-freakin'damus.