PDA

View Full Version : Cody Thomas?

lexsooner
11/9/2013, 12:14 PM
Does anyone know if he is progressing enough to be a factor next season? I also read Justice Hansen is enrolling early, although it's probably unlikely a true freshman will be in the mix.

GDC
11/9/2013, 12:36 PM
I hope he progresses to some degree. Haven't seen much progression this year.

Mjcpr
11/9/2013, 01:07 PM
Isn't he the potential pro baseball guy?

picasso
11/9/2013, 02:36 PM
I heard on the radio that Hansen may be the purest passer on campus when he gets here.

Ruf/Nek7
11/9/2013, 04:49 PM
I think anyone is a factor at QB next year. I am just upset about how big of a dud Bell turned out to be.

BoulderSooner79
11/9/2013, 05:45 PM
I think anyone is a factor at QB next year. I am just upset about how big of a dud Bell turned out to be.

Upset with who? The universe? I'm sure Bell is giving it his all.

FaninAma
11/9/2013, 05:55 PM
Upset with who? The universe? I'm sure Bell is giving it his all.

Bell isn't the same QB that played against ND. It is very obvious to me that he has been instructed to stay in the pocket on passing plays and to not scramble. If Knight were the QB the coaching staff would do the same thing...run a few designed QB runs then force him to imitate Landry Jones the rest of the time.

Eielson
11/9/2013, 06:40 PM
I'm sure Bell is giving it his all.

From what I hear, that's not the case.

SoonerMachine
11/9/2013, 06:52 PM
Bell isn't the same QB that played against ND. It is very obvious to me that he has been instructed to stay in the pocket on passing plays and to not scramble. If Knight were the QB the coaching staff would do the same thing...run a few designed QB runs then force him to imitate Landry Jones the rest of the time.

Agreed...

TFSooner
11/9/2013, 09:21 PM
I'm sure Bell is giving it his all.

Please elaborate.

SoonerMarkVA
11/9/2013, 10:20 PM

I hope you have something to back that statement. That's a fairly disparaging accusation.

BoulderSooner79
11/10/2013, 12:02 AM
I hope you have something to back that statement. That's a fairly disparaging accusation.

I find that hard to believe myself. If he's not giving it his all on top of struggling on the field, the coaches really are morons to keep playing him.

OkieThunderLion
11/10/2013, 03:05 AM
Isn't he the potential pro baseball guy?
Yes, but he decided to bypass that - for the next 3 years, at least.

Eielson
11/12/2013, 12:32 AM
I find that hard to believe myself. If he's not giving it his all on top of struggling on the field, the coaches really are morons to keep playing him.

I'm just saying what I've heard. I didn't talk to Bob or anything, so it may not actually be true. I'm not saying he's necessarily lazy, but I've heard that at least part of the reason Knight was named starter for the season opener was because Bell wasn't giving it his all this offseason.

BoulderSooner79
11/12/2013, 01:30 AM
I'm just saying what I've heard. I didn't talk to Bob or anything, so it may not actually be true. I'm not saying he's necessarily lazy, but I've heard that at least part of the reason Knight was named starter for the season opener was because Bell wasn't giving it his all this offseason.

It only matters what Bell is doing in practice now since he has the job now. It certainly isn't his game performance keeping him on the field, so he must be the best during preparation.

Soonerjeepman
11/12/2013, 09:20 AM

x10...

Sooners78
11/12/2013, 10:18 AM

You heard from whom? Some pissed off members of Soonerfans.com?

Eielson
11/12/2013, 01:17 PM
It only matters what Bell is doing in practice now since he has the job now. It certainly isn't his game performance keeping him on the field, so he must be the best during preparation.

There is only so much improvement you can make in the week between games, so I'd say that what happened in the offseason is of great importance. His performance on the field has been pretty bad, but so was Knight's.

BoulderSooner79
11/12/2013, 01:27 PM
There is only so much improvement you can make in the week between games, so I'd say that what happened in the offseason is of great importance. His performance on the field has been pretty bad, but so was Knight's.

Of course offseason work is important. I'm just saying he is not being punished by the coaches now for what he may have done (rumor) earlier. If he is slacking now, he should be benched even if he's the best we have.

8timechamps
11/12/2013, 01:45 PM
I heard on the radio that Hansen may be the purest passer on campus when he gets here.

This is true. Knight, Thompson and Bell were considered dual threat guys coming out of high school. Thomas, also considered a dual threat, was more in-line with a pocket passer. But, Hansen is far more of a pocket passer than the others. He is mobile, but that will never be his 'go to' game.

I doubt he enters the mix next Spring, but after that, I'm not sure he doesn't make a strong run at the job. He's also been a recruiting madman. Constantly talking to prospects about coming to OU.