PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that when we lose, we LOSE

soonercastor
11/8/2013, 01:25 PM
And by LOSE I mean get blown out. Seems like we always get embarrassed.
Our last 6 losses:

41-12
36-20
41-13
30-13
24-19
44-10

Okie35
11/8/2013, 02:02 PM
the box score is bad but the games are closer than they show... the only game that was FLAT OUT a route was OSU game and we might have a similar record going into that game :(

in those games it was a similar problem.. i dont get it before last year it was usually we hurry up too much the defense is tired now its we can't stay on the field offensively so the defense will get tired but ultimately an even bigger problem is REDZONE offense... why doesn't Josh use tight ends?

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2013, 02:05 PM
24-19 is close (he said with a glass 1/6th full).

The common theme in most of those games is an inept offense leaving a defense on the field too long until they snapped. Then cascade failure. An offense must be able to at least move the ball, and flip field position even if they are struggling to score. When our offense struggles, it a struggle just to get a 1st down, let alone score.

Soonerjeepman
11/8/2013, 02:17 PM
the box score is bad but the games are closer than they show... the only game that was FLAT OUT a route was OSU game and we might have a similar record going into that game :(

in those games it was a similar problem.. i dont get it before last year it was usually we hurry up too much the defense is tired now its we can't stay on the field offensively so the defense will get tired but ultimately an even bigger problem is REDZONE offense... why doesn't Josh use tight ends?

OU hasn't used the TE for several years...

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2013, 02:21 PM
Bell threw the first pass to TE last night since probably James Hanna

champions77
11/8/2013, 04:21 PM
Bad losses like this should be a rarity if you are a big time program (maybe we aren't). Three embarrassing losses in the last ten games dating back to the Cotton Bowl is not a trend you want.