PDA

View Full Version : New experience for me. . .afraid of a blowout.

Jack T.
11/8/2013, 09:01 AM
This is the first time in my 30-ish years of being a Sooner fan that I was scared of being blown out. Heck, this was the first time in 30-ish years that a blowout even entered my mind as a remote possibility!

I know we had some bad years in the 90s, but I was in High School, and although I was a fan, I wasn't as "aware." There were games I thought we might loose, I still thought we could play with anybody. This time, I legitimately was afraid of a blow out.

One of the benefits of being an OU fan has always been that you didn't have to worry about getting embarrassed. You might end up that way (TGOWWDNS springs to mind), but you sure didn't ever go into the game worried about it!

This must be what it's like to be a fan of any other football team in the country. . .and it kinda sucks.

DCsooner22
11/8/2013, 09:15 AM
I hear you. I was a student through Schnelly (freshman) and the Blake years. Though I sat through every game, I resigned to expecting us to lose.

Then... we started winning again - stuck around for grad school so I could see us win a title... :)

And then we won more...

I kept saying to my friends and coworkers all week - I'll be surprised if we win; I just don't want to see us get blown out when the country is watching.

Alas... we kept it close for almost a half... In fact, with a minute to go in the first half, I even said to my girlfriend - "PLEASE don't turn the ball over here in our territory with a minute left." Of course... we all know how that turned out...

Congrats to Baylor, though. We've beaten up on them... quite a bit...

Cheers
Mike

SoonerinSouthlake
11/8/2013, 09:45 AM
sadly, I was happy that we ONLY lost by 29