PDA

View Full Version : Run defense is a clearly exploitable weakness

TJKDone
11/8/2013, 04:44 AM
Never thought I would see the day that a Stoops D would be weak defending the run. Baylor ran 54 times at 4.7 a carry. That is more understandable that our ability to run given we have a noodle armed QB.

No two ways about it, to give the Sooners trouble you line up and run at them...different days in Norman.

Hook'em

Breadburner
11/8/2013, 08:16 AM
Tough on the D when they have to be on the field the whole game.....

ashley
11/8/2013, 08:25 AM
I have said all year that our front is not good, and now with sub backers it is bad.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/8/2013, 09:54 AM
The defense was pretty simple this year. There were two guys that OU absolutely couldn't afford to lose to injury because OU had no one to replace them either due to experience, talent or both. That was Jordan Phillips and Corey Nelson. And OU lost both of them for the rest of the season. Unbelievable.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/8/2013, 10:18 AM
Defense? Seriously? We gave up the same amount of yards to them as K State, but the difference was our defense was out there the whole ****ing game! I don't think Bama's defense could have done better under the circumstances.

btw, nice to see you whorn. Haven't seen you in about 3 years. Where ya ****in been? Drinking heavily? In a cave in Afghanistan?

Mac94
11/8/2013, 10:19 AM
I thought the "d" played well against the run until thye ran out of gas. It's hard to keep playing with alot of fire when your on the field the whole time and the offense keeps going 3 and out.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/8/2013, 10:32 AM
Even aggie knows more about football than whorn. Pretty ****ing sad!