PDA

View Full Version : This Abortion of a game

olevetonahill
11/8/2013, 02:24 AM
Is Squarely on the Backs Of the Coaching Staff
Josh needs to be back as QB coach Bell needs to be Back as The BellDozer
screw it we suck Bob best get it figured out.

rock on sooner
11/8/2013, 08:01 AM
What he said...

Sooner in Tampa
11/8/2013, 08:07 AM
I honestly don't know if it was this is how bad we are...or this is how good Baylor is...

One thing is for sure though...Josh got his azz handed to him is spades

tooslow
11/8/2013, 08:50 AM
Baylor is good, but I would bet the house against them in a game vs Bama, FSU, Stanford, etc. We might not cross the 50 against those teams with the offense we're currently fielding. And don't forget what KSU did to Baylor. They had 1 yard less of total offense than Baylor, which was right around 450 yards. KSU was 2-4!! The game against texas was also similar in the amount of yardage gained by both teams, and they are also not very good. As much as nobody on this site wants to admit it, we are way too thin this year to maintain good play week in and week out. The first string talent is good, with some positions being worse than others, but there's a definite drop off after that. The cupboard seems to be bare and I see no signs of anything changing for next year. The plays being called on offense are obviously too complicated to be properly executed on a consistent basis. Baylor is not the first D we've made look like a group of All-Americans this year. Something needs to be done to shake things up, that's for sure.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/8/2013, 09:22 AM
I completely agree with Olevet's incoherent backwoods chatter.

BigJerm7
11/8/2013, 09:32 AM
Bell needs to be Back as The BellDozer

Belldozer needs to be parked out on the back 40.

KantoSooner
11/8/2013, 09:49 AM
This game is on two people primarily: Heuple and Bell. The one can't figure out that this team can't pass to open the run and Bell is a wildly erratic passer, at best. Our D performed well enough to win. Let that sink in. A defense without it's two biggest stars (including one captain) and that was pre-season the worry of every fan, did enough to win...presuming the offense did much of anything. The offense scored one TD and one FG. Hell, the D even chipped in 2 points to help the pathetic offense.

We have talented RBs, talented WRs, a line that should be serviceable or better ( though they sure didn't show it last night). What does that leave? Coachs and QBs.

I had feared that we'd be blown out by Baylor and that is what happened. But I had feared it would be from the opening whistle. It was not. This game was winnable even into the early third quarter. We HAD the bastards. And our offense's inability to do...anything...doomed us.

badger
11/8/2013, 09:50 AM
Nobody's job -- player, coach, SF.com poster -- is safe after that game.

As such, I am going to keep my head down and stick to vBookie for a bit in shame :(

Mac94
11/8/2013, 10:15 AM
This game is on two people primarily: Heuple and Bell.

THIS ... and maybe Bob as well. The defense was great until they just flat wore out and their spirit broke. They just had no help from the offense ... zero, zip, nada. OU has a deep issue at QB right now that has to get fixed this offseason or the program is in trouble.

Would like to see more of Knight as the season winds down ... give the kid some more experience. Would love to see Thompson as well ... see what this team has apart from Bell and give the kids experience. This season is over.

KantoSooner
11/8/2013, 10:39 AM
Thompson was clearly the best of the three in spring game. Why haven't we seen him after his injury? Are they going to try and save a year's eligibility for him?

Mac94
11/8/2013, 10:42 AM
Question on Thompson ... not having followed the program up close ... did he redshirt last year is he a true freshman that was a January enrollie? If he's already had his shirt year I just don't get not seeing what you have in this kid.

SoonerMarkVA
11/8/2013, 10:51 AM
This game is on two people primarily: Heuple and Bell. The one can't figure out that this team can't pass to open the run and Bell is a wildly erratic passer, at best. Our D performed well enough to win. Let that sink in. A defense without it's two biggest stars (including one captain) and that was pre-season the worry of every fan, did enough to win...presuming the offense did much of anything. The offense scored one TD and one FG. Hell, the D even chipped in 2 points to help the pathetic offense.

We have talented RBs, talented WRs, a line that should be serviceable or better ( though they sure didn't show it last night). What does that leave? Coachs and QBs.

I had feared that we'd be blown out by Baylor and that is what happened. But I had feared it would be from the opening whistle. It was not. This game was winnable even into the early third quarter. We HAD the bastards. And our offense's inability to do...anything...doomed us.

Disagree. Our line is horrendous. We already knew Millard was a stud, but I think last night showed exactly how much he has been covering for a really weak unit.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2013, 10:52 AM
Bob Stoops either needs to go or get a fire lit under his arse and start game planning and having the team ready to play...

SoonerMarkVA
11/8/2013, 10:53 AM
Question on Thompson ... not having followed the program up close ... did he redshirt last year is he a true freshman that was a January enrollie? If he's already had his shirt year I just don't get not seeing what you have in this kid.

He's a RS Soph.

SoonerKnight
11/8/2013, 10:56 AM
This sucks!! Josh needs to go! We hired a special teams coach so just getting rid of the OC does not open up room for a QB coach!

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2013, 11:28 AM

You give the offense too much credit by saying they scored a TD and a FG. The FG was scored by special teams running the free kick back after the safety into FG range. The offense couldn't even turn that gift into a TD.

I'm not sure the line is serviceable as we ran for almost nothing between the tackles. They did give Bell some pass protection, but he's just not good enough to do much with it.

KantoSooner
11/8/2013, 12:30 PM
79 and Mark, You'll note that I said the line didn't perform last night and 'serviceable or better' is not a ringing endorsement. If you want to bedowngrade their performance, you wouldn't get spirited argument from me.

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/8/2013, 12:34 PM
the saddest part.....we put that team on the field after a BYE......

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2013, 12:39 PM
79 and Mark, You'll note that I said the line didn't perform last night and 'serviceable or better' is not a ringing endorsement. If you want to bedowngrade their performance, you wouldn't get spirited argument from me.

I think we're on the same page. The OL does supply enough pass protection for the most part, but that's just pissin' in the wind given our QB play. I do stick by my statement that it was defense and special teams that scored the FG - might as well have kicked it immediately after Saunters return and skipped the possession. We were risking a turnover by trying :black_eyed:

ddub0224
11/8/2013, 01:22 PM
Belldozer needs to be parked out on the back 40.

Thank you! I have been claiming that ever since the Texas loss when people on here were saying we need to run Bell more. Knight is the running quarterback. The belldozer was a gimic that worked well before teams figured out how to stop it. We have a line that can not open holes and then Bell gets too hesitant to run with any power. Way too s l o w developing to be effecitve anymore. Especially when there is zero threat of a pass.

I Am Right
11/8/2013, 05:42 PM
Wrong analogy in thread name, the name Abortion assumes something is alive that is aborted. this game plan had no conception therefore no life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!