PDA

View Full Version : Charles Thompson just called in the Sports Animal

PhiDeltBeers
11/8/2013, 12:23 AM
Any of you guys catch it? He was very classy, but made it known that he wants his son to get a chance. He don't think Stoops and company will do it though. He also said Kendall believes he's the best QB on the team.

They also mention Switzer said Knight and Thompson should get all snaps next week. Interesting that some big names are speaking out publicly.

Soonerjeepman
11/8/2013, 12:24 AM
stoops won't change a thing...

he's won 8 big 12 titles..

Sooner02
11/8/2013, 12:27 AM
I think Stoops has lost too much control of the team, and I don't get the impression he cares at times. He's too arrogant and it filters all through the staff. When you think your #(%* doesn't stink, you're in trouble.

Snrinhouston
11/8/2013, 12:31 AM
Stoops won't change because he's stubborn, arrogant. He will NEVER come close to winning another national championship. His days of dominating the Big XII are over. Boren and Castiglione seem content to let OU fall to a B/B- program

cyclonesooner
11/8/2013, 12:38 AM
I don't care how many Big 12 championships he's won, it is obvious a change is needed and should have taken place a long time ago if not tonight. You have to try something. We could go to the wishbone with Knight or Thompson and be more productive than tonight. Haha Of course we'd have to bring back a wishbone coach to call the plays. Pitiful.

SoonerMarkVA
11/8/2013, 12:45 AM
Thompson certainly deserves a chance. The other two have been given more than enough chances. But our problems on offense are waaaay deeper than just QB.

Breadburner
11/8/2013, 12:47 AM
Parents dont run football programs.....

donago
11/8/2013, 12:47 AM
Kendall Thompson could be an awful quarterback and unfortunately he could still be correct in his belief that he is the best quarterback on this team

picasso
11/8/2013, 01:04 AM
Pretty classy move.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/8/2013, 01:06 AM
Thompson certainly deserves a chance. The other two have been given more than enough chances. But our problems on offense are waaaay deeper than just QB.

Not anymore. The coaches already had this crap from Bomar's dad. Kendall needs to tell his dad to shut up.

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2013, 01:13 AM
Not anymore. The coaches already had this crap from Bomar's dad. Kendall needs to tell his dad to shut up.

Have to agree with this - can't let outsiders call the shots. I do hope we see some experimentation though. The conference race is over for us and developing players for next year should have high priority now. Maybe even give Ford a reprieve and let him have a few carries.:surprise:

SOONER44EVER
11/8/2013, 01:15 AM
Have to agree with this - can't let outsiders call the shots. I do hope we see some experimentation though. The conference race is over for us and developing players for next year should have high priority now. Maybe even give Ford a reprieve and let him have a few carries.:surprise: Might as well let the outsiders call the shots.........the insiders aren't doing too hot right now.

Soonerjeepman
11/8/2013, 01:26 AM
I don't care how many Big 12 championships he's won, it is obvious a change is needed and should have taken place a long time ago if not tonight. You have to try something. We could go to the wishbone with Knight or Thompson and be more productive than tonight. Haha Of course we'd have to bring back a wishbone coach to call the plays. Pitiful.

I was being sarcastic...

I agree that others should get a shot..but not because dad said so...

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2013, 01:27 AM
I was being sarcastic...

I agree that others should get a shot..but not because dad said so...

+1

SOONER44EVER
11/8/2013, 01:29 AM
You really think Bob is going to start a 3rd different QB and admit he was wrong not once, but twice, about who the starter should be? LOL. Never gonna happen.

Soonerjeepman
11/8/2013, 01:30 AM
lol...yup...agreed

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2013, 01:47 AM
You really think Bob is going to start a 3rd different QB and admit he was wrong not once, but twice, about who the starter should be? LOL. Never gonna happen.

I wouldn't see it as admitting anything except that we're out of the conference race and our offense isn't working.

But no, I don't think it will happen.

olevetonahill
11/8/2013, 01:59 AM

Agreed BUT Kendall does Deserve a Chance IMHO!

SoonerMarkVA
11/8/2013, 07:53 AM
Agreed BUT Kendall does Deserve a Chance IMHO!

Yup. And not 'cause Dad called and said so, but because if he's worth wearing that uniform, he's worth getting the shot to see where the other two have failed. Also, it makes no sense to punish Thompson because of whatever his Dad does.

Therealsouthsider
11/8/2013, 08:44 AM
...comparing Thompson to Bomars dad is is retarded

...he sees the same thing that the rest of us see but with more insight because of his background. If there is no rhyme or reason to an offensive philosophy then why the hell not throw him into the mix. Who knows, the coaches might get lucky and the kid might make them look like they have an idea and get another pay raise

ss

ashley
11/8/2013, 08:56 AM
Parents dont run football programs.....

This

Therealsouthsider
11/8/2013, 09:13 AM
This

...I don't think he's trying to run the program....unlike a message board opinion, his is based on experience

ss

Jason White's Third Knee
11/8/2013, 09:15 AM
Why does he "deserve" a chance to start? Sure maybe you can toss him on the field and he could light it up. That is pure speculation.

Last year everyone wanted to bench Landry because he sucked, got dear-in-headlights, made bone headed plays, didn't have "it", etc. Well, the kid that you want to bench now is the kid that was the saviour of the team, riding the pine last year. Thompson may be the best QB on the team, but the coaches think he is the 3rd best on the team.

This year's team just isn't a true top ten team.

soonerdo
11/8/2013, 09:36 AM
Kendall will be gone IMO so it really doesn't matter

jkjsooner
11/8/2013, 09:53 AM

Wrong because he didn't start a QB who had a broken foot?

badger
11/8/2013, 09:53 AM
I support the "give Kendall a chance" movement

Bourbon St Sooner
11/8/2013, 10:28 AM
I mean it's not like you've got anything to lose by putting Thompson in there. Clearly Mr run in place ain't catching on too well.

SoonerInFortSmith
11/8/2013, 10:50 AM
Sometimes as a coach you get a group of kids that just don't have it. I saw the look on Bob's face at times last night. I have felt the same thing he is feeling (not at the college level obviously). I guarantee he is putting the players out there that give the team the best chance to win in his eyes. I guarantee he is pouring his heart and soul into this team. For anyone to say he is arrogant or doesn't care is highly misguided IMO.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/8/2013, 10:57 AM
...comparing Thompson to Bomars dad is is retarded

...he sees the same thing that the rest of us see but with more insight because of his background. If there is no rhyme or reason to an offensive philosophy then why the hell not throw him into the mix. Who knows, the coaches might get lucky and the kid might make them look like they have an idea and get another pay raise

ss

You are right. I probably shouldn't have insulted Bomar's dad like that. It isn't like he was photographed in an orange jumpsuit being led away by the FBI leading to a legendary coach getting a forced resignation.

Every parent wants their kid to get a shot. The problem is that it isn't your decision, it is the coaches. Once you go onto the airwaves and say that your kid "deserves" a shot, you aren't any different than Craig James.

freshchris05
11/8/2013, 11:02 AM
You are right. I probably shouldn't have insulted Bomar's dad like that. It isn't like he was photographed in an orange jumpsuit being led away by the FBI leading to a legendary coach getting a forced resignation.

Every parent wants their kid to get a shot. The problem is that it isn't your decision, it is the coaches. Once you go onto the airwaves and say that your kid "deserves" a shot, you aren't any different than Craig James.

Did you listen to it or are you just speculating? Cuz you sound like you are talking out of your ***. Switzer is the man, but that man got himself fired.

Snrinhouston
11/8/2013, 12:20 PM
Sometimes as a coach you get a group of kids that just don't have it. I saw the look on Bob's face at times last night. I have felt the same thing he is feeling (not at the college level obviously). I guarantee he is putting the players out there that give the team the best chance to win in his eyes. I guarantee he is pouring his heart and soul into this team. For anyone to say he is arrogant or doesn't care is highly misguided IMO.

I disagree with you about whether Stoops is arrogant. His demeanor in press conferences is every bit consistent with arrogance. But that's really not the issue.

The issue is RESULTS. What are the RESULTS he achieves in light of what he is paid. Trying is nice...in Kindergarten. "Pouring your heart and soul" into the team is also nice. But he gets paid to deliver results. He doesn't get paid merely to try. It's really that simple.

J.R. Ewing
11/8/2013, 12:32 PM
Pretty stunned at how weak the QB play is, and frankly at the options available. Just doesn't seem to be the same level of athlete at OU these days.

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2013, 12:41 PM
I disagree with you about whether Stoops is arrogant. His demeanor in press conferences is every bit consistent with arrogance. But that's really not the issue.

The issue is RESULTS. What are the RESULTS he achieves in light of what he is paid. Trying is nice...in Kindergarten. "Pouring your heart and soul" into the team is also nice. But he gets paid to deliver results. He doesn't get paid merely to try. It's really that simple.

You mean there is no try, there is only do ?

picasso
11/8/2013, 12:44 PM
Meh.

You want to play then prove yourself.

SoonerInFortSmith
11/8/2013, 02:03 PM

I agree that results matter. I never said trying is good enough. But to hear some people talk, Bob is coasting a la Mack Brown. I just think this is one of those 'smh' type of years. On top of the playcalling and recruiting issues the players are also very inconsistent. And, not to make excuses, but the injuries the sooners have suffered this year have been to very critical players e.g. Phillips, Nelson, and Millard. Anyone who thinks this offense isn't worse without Millard is just plain wrong.

olevetonahill
11/8/2013, 03:10 PM
Do we Know in FACT it was Charles Thompson? Or could it have been a Fan from say "Sooner Fans" Anyone can call a radio and say they are someone else.

PhiDeltBeers
11/8/2013, 03:16 PM
No, I'm pretty sure it was Charles as I listened to it late last night. Jim and Al had been talking about Kendall for awhile and it looked like as soon as they knew they had Charles on the line, they put him right on the air unlike everyone else who has to wait.

I'm a bit more shocked at what Switzer said, since he seems to be more "somewhat involved" with the program. How much...I have no clue. But you have to think that those words will be heard by the decision makers. Whether they care or not is another story.

SoonerorLater
11/8/2013, 03:22 PM
Since KT is apparently healthy there are only two reasons why he would not get playing time.

1. He simply isn't as good of a QB as either Knight or Bell, Hard to believe but within the realm of possibility.......or

2. The coaching staff is just doggedly stubborn and wants to validate their decisions.

Bell is not a good passer. Not even a good runner except in some isolated situations. I get it that the Baylor Defense is improved but we made them look like a Nick Saban coached Alabama team last night.

olevetonahill
11/8/2013, 03:24 PM
No, I'm pretty sure it was Charles as I listened to it late last night. Jim and Al had been talking about Kendall for awhile and it looked like as soon as they knew they had Charles on the line, they put him right on the air unlike everyone else who has to wait.

I'm a bit more shocked at what Switzer said, since he seems to be more "somewhat involved" with the program. How much...I have no clue. But you have to think that those words will be heard by the decision makers. Whether they care or not is another story.

Was just wondering. I didnt hear it . I'd like to see the Guy get a shot myself.

PhiDeltBeers
11/8/2013, 03:32 PM
Agreed about wanting to see Thompson get an opportunity. Let's play this out...Knight didn't look good and now Bell hasn't looked good. So IMO, the WORST thing that can happen is Thompson won't look good, but we'll never know unless they give the kid a shot. Really nothing to lose in this situation, by running him out on the field. If we get to next August and we have a decided QB, I believe we made a successful step forward this year and we can call it as it is. If we get to August next year and are still clueless, then just wow. We accomplished nothing.

soonerfan69
11/8/2013, 03:43 PM
Try them all they can't be any worse than Bell and if they won't then I would transfer if it were me

Soonerjeepman
11/8/2013, 03:45 PM
Pretty stunned at how weak the QB play is, and frankly at the options available. Just doesn't seem to be the same level of athlete at OU these days.

I'm not. stoops NEVER gives the back-ups ANY real time. He goes with his "Sr" starter no matter what. The crow, chicken...or whatever it is, is coming home to roost.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/8/2013, 03:52 PM
Pretty stunned at how weak the QB play is, and frankly at the options available. Just doesn't seem to be the same level of athlete at OU these days.Welcome to Soonerfans. I contend recruiting began noticeably falling off after we lost to FU in the NC game after the '08 season. We've come up short since then, IMHO, and now we're stepping into the consequences...among other problems.

SoonerorLater
11/8/2013, 03:52 PM
C/ATT YDS AV TD INT QBR
15/35 150 4.3 1 2 5.9

A QBR of 5.9. With numbers like this is there any reason not to at least give Thompson a shot?

Snrinhouston
11/8/2013, 05:06 PM
I agree that results matter. I never said trying is good enough. But to hear some people talk, Bob is coasting a la Mack Brown. I just think this is one of those 'smh' type of years. On top of the playcalling and recruiting issues the players are also very inconsistent. And, not to make excuses, but the injuries the sooners have suffered this year have been to very critical players e.g. Phillips, Nelson, and Millard. Anyone who thinks this offense isn't worse without Millard is just plain wrong.

Agreed. But Bob is the jackwipe dumb enough to play Millard on special teams. He defends the decision with "He's been our best special teams player". Well, yeah, he's a great athlete so it's easy to understand that he'd be great on special teams. But that is still no excuse to use him on the most violent play in any single football game. You have 85 scholarship players. 22 are first teamers, three to four are kickers. That leaves approximately 60 other scholarship players from which to pick 11 for kickoffs.

Stubborn ol' Bob didn't learn his lesson when he used Demarco on the opening kickoff against Missouri in the 2008 Big XII title game. Think that game against Florida could have ended differently with Demarco? I sure do.

Some injuries are beyond a coach's control. Others can be traced to poor decision making.

SoonerInFortSmith
11/8/2013, 05:47 PM
Do you remember how bad the special teams were a few years back before the coaches started playing the best players?

Snrinhouston
11/8/2013, 05:59 PM
Do you remember how bad the special teams were a few years back before the coaches started playing the best players?

You are correct. But the remedy is NOT putting guys like Trey Millard on the teams. The answer is improving the performance of the standard special teams players. Hell, hire a new special teams coach...Watch the last 15 years of Vtech games...

Do you think Sims, Dupree, Tillman, etc. ever covered kicks for Switzer? Vince Young was an incredible athlete...big, fast, strong...did Mack use him on kickoff teams?

EatLeadCommie
11/8/2013, 06:09 PM
I was all for pulling TK and putting BB in during the WV game. TK was horrible and BB needed a shot. The team needed a spark or we were possibly going to lose.

And now that the change has been made, I wonder if BB has to get caught fornicating with goats in addition to fumbling and and throwing INTs in order for TK to get another shot. We have had 2 games of TK and a lot more than that of BB. BB looks good at times for brief stretches during the game (he was bad last night for sure, but had 4-5 drops that were right on the numbers thanks to this sorry lot of WRs), but he is woefully inconsistent in every game and that hasn't changed. It seems clear that he hasn't proven himself any more than TK did or didn't.

I do think a lot, if not most of this, is on Josh for trying to fit his square peg QBs into a round hole offense. That and some of the worst playcalling west of the Mississippi. I was totally shocked when we brought in TK for the 2nd series last night and thought, ok, this is interesting. Then he's out 2 plays later. The next series he's in for 1 play and then out. I mean, WTF is the point if you're just going to bring him in there only to run the ball. Not only does TK find no rhythm, but BB is going to lose whatever rhythm he may have had. It's just retarded with a capital R.

NorthernIowaSooner
11/8/2013, 08:15 PM

So a former Sooner can't say anything about the team since his son is on it? Charles wants his son to get a chance (blasphemy!), what parent doesn't? Charles said that Kendal feels he is the best QB on the team (he should, who wants a QB who thinks they suck?). From the recap at top it doesn't sound like Charles said he should be playing, just he wants him to play.

Sure sounds like Charles is trying to run the team to me. Give me a break.

olevetonahill
11/8/2013, 08:34 PM
Agreed. But Bob is the jackwipe dumb enough to play Millard on special teams. He defends the decision with "He's been our best special teams player". Well, yeah, he's a great athlete so it's easy to understand that he'd be great on special teams. But that is still no excuse to use him on the most violent play in any single football game. You have 85 scholarship players. 22 are first teamers, three to four are kickers. That leaves approximately 60 other scholarship players from which to pick 11 for kickoffs.

Stubborn ol' Bob didn't learn his lesson when he used Demarco on the opening kickoff against Missouri in the 2008 Big XII title game. Think that game against Florida could have ended differently with Demarco? I sure do.

Some injuries are beyond a coach's control. Others can be traced to poor decision making.

When did you get your's?
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvlGrTjQlbyliCVWrS_vdZfvygfflYb opu_wDKN6fI5T94OaIV

rock on sooner
11/8/2013, 08:37 PM
You are correct. But the remedy is NOT putting guys like Trey Millard on the teams. The answer is improving the performance of the standard special teams players. Hell, hire a new special teams coach...Watch the last 15 years of Vtech games...

Do you think Sims, Dupree, Tillman, etc. ever covered kicks for Switzer? Vince Young was an incredible athlete...big, fast, strong...did Mack use him on kickoff teams?

Dupree dint cover kicks but sure as hell ran them back. I watched
a 77 yd kick return at Boulder that Marcus ran. Now, just who in
their right mind would get in front of a 230# MAN running at full
freakin' speed? I can say that it dint take him long to cover the
77 yards. (Full disclosure here, I was in the CO student section
seats and, out of personal safety, did not get too rowdy)

Snrinhouston
11/8/2013, 08:43 PM
When did you get your's?
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvlGrTjQlbyliCVWrS_vdZfvygfflYb opu_wDKN6fI5T94OaIV

Oh look, the famous "olevetonahill" has graced me with his "wisdom". As is his usual modus operandi (I'll give vet five minutes to pronounce it and look it up), he doesn't address a person's argument, just throws out the red herring ad hominem (I better give vet 15 minutes for that one).

Geez, if I don't genuflect to him, he might sic his faithful posse on me.

olevetonahill
11/8/2013, 08:46 PM
Oh look, the famous "olevetonahill" has graced me with his "wisdom". As is his usual modus operandi (I'll give vet five minutes to pronounce it and look it up), he doesn't address a person's argument, just throws out the red herring ad hominem (I better give vet 15 minutes for that one).

Yer Funny. Also an Azzhole.

rock on sooner
11/8/2013, 08:53 PM

Welp, Pard, I ain't in his "posse" but I can tell you that most often he is
spot on with his definition of "azzhole" when it comes to definin' some opinions.
Cain't member him callin' me one fer sure but he got purty close, prolly.. Hmmm,
19 posts, wow....

Snrinhouston
11/8/2013, 08:55 PM
Yer Funny. Also an Azzhole.

Yes, no doubt you've said that to many in your 59,000 + posts. And what those "many" have in common, is that they had the nerve (and the common sense) to argue with facts and premises, rather than red-faced, reflexive, misguided passion.

I love OU football, but not enough to amass 59,000 posts. May I suggest getting a life? Unsubscribe to this blog. Trust me, the vast majority of us won't miss you.

Snrinhouston
11/8/2013, 08:58 PM
spot on with his definition of "azzhole" when it comes to definin' some opinions.
Cain't member him callin' me one fer sure but he got purty close, prolly.. Hmmm,
19 posts, wow....

There we go. Kick the mangy dog, and the fleas will certainly pop up.

rock on sooner
11/8/2013, 09:11 PM
There we go. Kick the mangy dog, and the fleas will certainly pop up.

Welp, this "flea" has been a Sooner fan since 1952, in case math is an
issue for you that is 61 years. So, take this to heart when I say that
you really should stop and think about just how much of a flamin' nutjob
you are. I argue on this board about football, politics, religion and life
in general with courtesy and respect. Snide, snarky crap that you are
spouting belongs with Aggies or Whorns. I grow weary with some of this
stuff because it isn't funny...if that is your definition of humor. And, if it
is, then ya orta git outa the basement into the sunlight....

olevetonahill
11/8/2013, 09:12 PM
19 posts, wow....

Just ignore the AH bro. Just a troll trying to stir shat up.

EatLeadCommie
11/8/2013, 09:14 PM
Consider it a badge of honor to be called an a-hole by the one guy on here who consistently makes snide, racist remarks then laughs it off as just being a good ol' boy. Maybe you are being an a-hole, but it doesn't matter because you'll never be as big a one as he is.

olevetonahill
11/8/2013, 09:17 PM
Consider it a badge of honor to be called an a-hole by the one guy on here who consistently makes snide, racist remarks then laughs it off as just being a good ol' boy. Maybe you are being an a-hole, but it doesn't matter because you'll never be as big a one as he is.

Can ya Feel the Love? :surprise:

Snrinhouston
11/8/2013, 09:24 PM

I understand exactly what vet is. He's a bully who hides behind his computer who starts calling people trolls if they disagree with him or stand up to him. And he's got a few like minded friends. It's a "Confederacy of Dunces" to borrow the title of the famous book.

He thinks that being on the earth for a large number of years necessarily equates to having some enormous store of insight and wisdom, not realizing that fools come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and AGES.

PhiDeltBeers
11/8/2013, 09:25 PM
Boy some things never change around here. Smh

olevetonahill
11/8/2013, 09:30 PM
I understand exactly what vet is. He's a bully who hides behind his computer who starts calling people trolls if they disagree with him or stand up to him. And he's got a few like minded friends. It's a "Confederacy of Dunces" to borrow the title of the famous book.

He thinks that being on the earth for a large number of years necessarily equates to having some enormous store of insight and wisdom, not realizing that fools come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and AGES.

You ARE a troll . why would you deny it?
You have No clue what Im like UNLESS you are one. so Fess up

Oh and this is an EDIT. I aint ever HID behind anything cept maybe a tree or a Rice paddy dike. If Ya want to meet me Face to Face You know Who I really am and where I live, Come on down Boy Or up if yer really in Houston.:surprise:

rock on sooner
11/8/2013, 09:34 PM

I suppose by quoting "Confederacy" you consider yourself a genius and
we're all against you. You gotta a weird definition of genius, at least by
how you are typing....

Snrinhouston
11/8/2013, 09:41 PM

Trust me. The discourse would change if vet would leave the board. Most people are sick and tired of him. That would shock him; he believes that he is seen as some revered sage because he has a few like-minded followers.

I've watched before I started to post. It didn't take long notice the role he was playing. Straight from casting as the bully who yells and screams, rather than thoughtfully debating a point with which he may disagree.

olevetonahill
11/8/2013, 09:43 PM
Trust me. The discourse would change if vet would leave the board. Most people are sick and tired of him. That would shock him; he believes that he is seen as some revered sage because he has a few like-minded followers.

I've watched before I started to post. It didn't take long notice the role he was playing. Straight from casting as the bully who yells and screams, rather than thoughtfully debating a point with which he may disagree.

Heh, You are freaking Hilarious. Ya saw all this in 2 weeks huh? You sompun special aint ya,

Snrinhouston
11/8/2013, 09:50 PM
Heh, You are freaking Hilarious. Ya saw all this in 2 weeks huh? You sompun special aint ya,

You think it took two weeks to ferret out the stench and bullying from your posts? Don't flatter yourself. Try two days. And try some Mark Twain while you're at it, particularly the quote, "It's better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". It's too late for you to get any benefit from this quote in relation to the members of this board. But it would help you with strangers going forward.

rock on sooner
11/8/2013, 09:51 PM
I'll check in early tomorrow morning, just to see how much blood is
on the ground...I got my grandson visiting tomorrow and I gotta rest,
'cause he's a pistol!

Therealsouthsider
11/8/2013, 09:59 PM

...Switzer said the same thing on his coaches show so I guess your opinion is less than an orange jump suit

ss

olevetonahill
11/8/2013, 10:11 PM
You think it took two weeks to ferret out the stench and bullying from your posts? Don't flatter yourself. Try two days. And try some Mark Twain while you're at it, particularly the quote, "It's better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". It's too late for you to get any benefit from this quote in relation to the members of this board. But it would help you with strangers going forward.

Two days huh? Thats funny considering I dont post here near as much as I used to. Maybe Ya should look in the mirror and read that Mark Twain bit to yerself. I dayum sure aint picked on anyone in a Long time, maybe Matlock but thats cause he was an Idiot and it was fun. Maybe i can have as much fun with you

SoonerInFortSmith
11/8/2013, 10:11 PM

I thoughtfully debated my point with you and where did it get me? I assume I'm one of the "Confederacy of dunces." Is that because I live in hillbilly Arkansas and you're in the Mecca of culture that is Houston? Or is it simply because Vet took my side? Just because you know the name of a highly acclaimed piece of crap book (and I can say that because I have read it) and you can throw out a Samuel Clemens quote that everyone and their dog has heard doesn't mean you are the only intelligent person here. You will get along much better here if you can learn to tone down the mighty know-it-all attitude.

olevetonahill
11/8/2013, 10:15 PM
I thoughtfully debated my point with you and where did it get me? I assume I'm one of the "Confederacy of dunces." Is that because I live in hillbilly Arkansas and you're in the Mecca of culture that is Houston? Or is it simply because Vet took my side? Just because you know the name of a highly acclaimed piece of crap book (and I can say that because I have read it) and you can throw out a Samuel Clemens quote that everyone and their dog has heard doesn't mean you are the only intelligent person here. You will get along much better here if you can learn to tone down the mighty know-it-all attitude.\

Heh bro Look I found his Pic
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlft6JFC3Xj64-aZnpYKuUM6Na1BbenEdIvrNJ1V0nibfKS6oguQ

SoonerInFortSmith
11/8/2013, 10:23 PM
I thought it was particularly funny when he said you hide behind the computer vet. I would venture to say that more people on this board have seen you in person than most others.

Snrinhouston
11/8/2013, 10:25 PM
\

Heh bro Look I found his Pic
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlft6JFC3Xj64-aZnpYKuUM6Na1BbenEdIvrNJ1V0nibfKS6oguQ

Oh....lookey at dis. Ole Vet iz bein' funney.

Snrinhouston
11/8/2013, 10:27 PM
I thought it was particularly funny when he said you hide behind the computer vet. I would venture to say that more people on this board have seen you in person than most others.

Oh, so y'all congregate at the semi-annual gun show over a bowl of pork rinds and blue ribbon?

olevetonahill
11/8/2013, 10:29 PM
Oh....lookey at dis. Snrinhouston iz bein' funney.

Oh, so y'all congregate at the semi-annual gun show over a bowl of pork rinds and blue ribbon?

See what I did there?

olevetonahill
11/8/2013, 10:30 PM

I'd venture a Guess that the Troll has met me somewhere, Prolly a Tail gate Or at least hes been on here under another handle.

SoonerInFortSmith
11/8/2013, 10:34 PM
Never been to a gun show. Don't like pork rinds. And I don't drink any more because my wife has a medical condition that prevents her from drinking. Anything else?

SOONER44EVER
11/8/2013, 10:35 PM

?

SoonerInFortSmith
11/8/2013, 10:37 PM

?

Don't hijack our hijacked thread like that. Buzzkill. :D

SOONER44EVER
11/8/2013, 10:37 PM
For anyone to say he is arrogant or doesn't care is highly misguided IMO.

You don't think Bob stoops is arrogant? Seriously?

SoonerInFortSmith
11/8/2013, 10:42 PM
That was so long ago I honestly don't even remember the context. Are you just trying to find something to pick on me about?

Snrinhouston
11/8/2013, 10:43 PM
I'd venture a Guess that the Troll has met me somewhere, Prolly a Tail gate Or at least hes been on here under another handle.

You probably also regularly say, "I'm fixin' to do..."

No, we've never met nor (like any well adjusted person) would I care to meet you. But I've lived long enough to recognize the type...

1. Has the Colonel Jessup speech memorized
2. Takes any opportunity to mention that he has served in the "militree" because he thinks it gains instant credibility
3. Rarely, if ever, thinks that OU loses a game simply because the other team was better.

Scott D
11/8/2013, 10:55 PM
Bruce, we've missed you....maybe. I'm not really sure anymore.

olevetonahill
11/8/2013, 11:10 PM
You probably also regularly say, "I'm fixin' to do..."

No, we've never met nor (like any well adjusted person) would I care to meet you. But I've lived long enough to recognize the type...

1. Has the Colonel Jessup speech memorized
2. Takes any opportunity to mention that he has served in the "militree" because he thinks it gains instant credibility
3. Rarely, if ever, thinks that OU loses a game simply because the other team was better.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-QMRAH9SYIly4H4wsGruBg0HdfTj2ZkNm1P10IHVJ6XUDnnd1

Eielson
11/9/2013, 12:04 PM
He also said Kendall believes he's the best QB on the team.

Of course he does. I'm sure he thought that last year as well.

Piware
11/9/2013, 04:13 PM
Before folks pile on let me say that I don't believe in punishing a kid for a parents mistake. He is absolutely right about our offense too but that is pretty obvious. I am glad Charles Thompson has cleaned up his act but my long Sooner memory will never forget that he was personally responsible for some of our darkest years. He needs to STFU - he relinquished his right to an opinion about OU anything a long time ago.

Snrinhouston
11/10/2013, 03:42 PM
Before folks pile on let me say that I don't believe in punishing a kid for a parents mistake. He is absolutely right about our offense too but that is pretty obvious. I am glad Charles Thompson has cleaned up his act but my long Sooner memory will never forget that he was personally responsible for some of our darkest years. He needs to STFU - he relinquished his right to an opinion about OU anything a long time ago.

Really?

He's been a starting qb at a college powerhouse, led OU to a HUGE road victory as an underdog in what was then called "Game of the Century II", played in a National Championship game, and played some professional football in the CFL.

Not only does he have the requisite experience for an informed opinion, but he has every right. What CT did happened 25 years ago. I don't recall anything in his sentencing or any proclamation by the School Board of Regents that he forever relinquished his right to an opinion on OU football.

picasso
11/10/2013, 04:32 PM
Sorry but it's poor form for a player's father to call in a radio show or be a regular on a BBS.
Informed opinion or not.

Snrinhouston
11/10/2013, 04:39 PM
Sorry but it's poor form for a player's father to call in a radio show or be a regular on a BBS.
Informed opinion or not.

Agreed. Much classier the way Howie Long handles talking about his sons. But the venue CT uses to express his opinions is a much different issue than saying he relinquished the right to have an opinion about OU football.

picasso
11/10/2013, 04:53 PM
I agree he has that right but I'm also glad Jason White's dad wasn't calling in when Nate Hybl was tossing balls in '01.
Btw, Howie Long can eat a turd.
That dude has badmouthed OU on the air before.

Johnny Utah
11/10/2013, 04:56 PM

Doesn't Sumlin play Johnny Football on special teams (lol)???

SoonerKnight
11/10/2013, 05:33 PM
Your the arrogant one! You also should learn to STFU Houston!!!

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 05:36 PM

he kinda makes me think of a Cross bred LAS and Leroy .

Snrinhouston
11/10/2013, 05:41 PM

There is no way Sumlin plays JF on kickoff coverage

Snrinhouston
11/10/2013, 05:42 PM

Ha! Posse member coming to stick up for daddy?

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 05:43 PM

There is no way Sumlin plays JF on kickoff coverage

Is yer Sarcasm meter broke also?

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 05:44 PM
Ha! Posse member coming to stick up for daddy?

Pitiful Pearl=YOU

Snrinhouston
11/10/2013, 05:46 PM
Is yer Sarcasm meter broke also?

Yeah, I hear Viagra has an off-label use to help with that...so can I borrow some of yours?

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 05:56 PM
Yeah, I hear Viagra has an off-label use to help with that...so can I borrow some of yours?

You want my Dick? You sick bastage !

Blues1
11/10/2013, 05:59 PM
JMHO ~ We should "LEARN" from Stanford - Huge Lineman - With a "Powerful" but a simple Attack -
Just Like Bud (47 Straight Wins) and Barry (31 Straight Wins)
After you have that down pat - then you can
add All the Fancy Stuff....
61 Years of watching "The Sooners" - 1952 to 2013.....!!!
Keep Rockin'

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 06:10 PM
JMHO ~ We should "LEARN" from Stanford - Huge Lineman - With a "Powerful" but a simple Attack -
Keep Rockin'

Where have you Been Bro. I tried to find ya On FB and a Blues Cowboy said he wernt YOU.

Send me by Peem yer get hold of Info . Good to see ya again

Blues1
11/10/2013, 06:18 PM
AMEN - My Bro....
I went into the "HERMIT" Mode ~~~ :)
Let me figure out how to do and PM - I forgot ---- :)
Hang In There - I will get it....!!!
Rockin'

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 06:21 PM
AMEN - My Bro....
I went into the "HERMIT" Mode ~~~ :)
Let me figure out how to do and PM - I forgot ---- :)
Hang In There - I will get it....!!!
Rockin'

Go up to the TOP And Click open "Settings"

picasso
11/10/2013, 06:23 PM
Keep Rockin'
Maybe we took notes in our bowl game with them?

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 06:27 PM
Go up to the TOP And Click open "Settings"

My Bad bro I meant " Notifications"

Blues1
11/10/2013, 06:30 PM
Maybe we took notes in our bowl game with them?

JMHO - In our bowl game with Stanford they were learning and moving ahead with their Plan - They are there now...I wouldn't want to face them in a Bowl game anytime soon....
Who knows ~ One more loss for ND and We could face them again...! -
Rock On'

birddog
11/27/2013, 11:31 AM
Mark Rogers is officially the most annoying guy on local sports radio. Despite the fact that he looks like Rosie O'Donnell, he's become this guy that feels threatened by listeners and gets overly sensitive when someone has an opinion that differs from his. Yesterday he went overboard when a guy said Perry Jones was a good player. The caller may have been wrong but Rosie acted like a 13 year old on her menses with his argument. No, the caller wasn't me. Mark "Rosie" Rogers; **** off dip****

ashley
11/28/2013, 09:42 AM
...I don't think he's trying to run the program....unlike a message board opinion, his is based on experience

ss

What experience. He just played. That has nothing to do with coaching. He is just a football dad that's opinion is clouded because it's his son. He would be playing if he was better.

vtsooner21
11/28/2013, 10:42 AM
Amen, Blues1...Couldn't agree with you more!

BOOMER
Keep Rockin'

picasso
12/28/2013, 02:55 AM

Can't blame Bob for having DM7 return kicks. He's just the best at it in Sooner history. Kinda like you are at slingin' turds.

oupride
12/28/2013, 02:11 PM
Better than Antonio Perkins?

picasso
12/28/2013, 03:11 PM
Better than Antonio Perkins?

Demarco had the best KR average in school history when he went down against Mizzou. And I think the most yards. I'd say that's a good reason to have him back there.

shytnik
12/28/2013, 03:11 PM
Can't blame Bob for having DM7 return kicks. He's just the best at it in Sooner history. Kinda like you are at slingin' turds.

I agree. Special teams is an important aspect as well. Hell it won us the OSU game and it can win or lose you many games. You put your best players out there in a position to win the games. I'm sure Millard, and Murray and everyone else wanted to play special teams.

yermom
12/28/2013, 03:51 PM
Demarco had the best KR average in school history when he went down against Mizzou. And I think the most yards. I'd say that's a good reason to have him back there.

Perk was more known as the punt returner right?

I was thinking Bradley but that was probably more after he hurt his knee in 2004

SoonerMachine
12/28/2013, 04:39 PM
Starters on special teams sure, but not the elite players.

IGotNoTiming
12/28/2013, 05:09 PM
as I recall, Charles Thompson's expertise was getting busted selling cocaine to undercover FBI agents….

shytnik
12/29/2013, 02:11 PM
Starters on special teams sure, but not the elite players.

Why? It's a part of the game, and it's an important part. You can get hurt in any aspect of the game and elite players want to be on the field when and if they can make a difference. Not playing your best players is playing scared and is not giving you the best chance to win.