PDA

View Full Version : Time for Stoops to go

landrun
11/7/2013, 10:45 PM
Let's stop the nonsense.
Bob stoops is average.

Those who ask, "who would replace Stoops if we fire him?" as though there is no one better than him - are either ignorant or being dishonest with themselves - and the rest of us.
Those same 'fans' suggest we have two choices. Bob Stoops or John Blake - becasue Saban isn't coming, as they say.
Well, no kidding! Saban isn't coming.

But we don't have to settle for John Blake either and to suggest so is a false choice by the Stoops fans in our midst.
I think it is an intentional false choice too. They can't honestly think that if we don't get Saban then we end up with another Blake.
That is nonsense I will call them out and say that I think THEY KNOW IT isn't true!

So, having said that, let me list a few coaches I'm personally aware of that are better than Stoops right now - who aren't named Saban or Meyer.

Meaning, the following coaches wouldn't customarily get their heads handed to them by the Texas Tech and Colorados of the world.

Here we go...

Briles - he coaches his 2 and 3 star players up to school Bob's 4 and 5 start recurits.

Miles - yeah. The ole' grass eater himself is better than Stoops. He took his 2 and 3 star recruits and split the series with Bob while at Okie state. And he's won 2 NCs since he went to the SEC.
Deal with it Stoops fans. Honesty demands you admit this 'clown' is better than Stoops

Any Oregon coach in the last 10 years. - Take your pick.

Chris Petersen - Boise St. coach. - Beats better players with his recruits all the time.

Sumlin - Not even close. He can out recruit Stoops so badly its sad and his x/os are just as good. yeah. even without Johnny Football

Strong - A lot like Sumlin.

Shaw - Stanford is legit. .... and it's STANDFORD. Think about that.

Bennett - Baylor DC - always been a great X/O coach.

Kevin Wilson - Bradford was great. But you gotta hand it to Wilson. His offenses are always outstanding. Indiana would give us a run for our money right now. Sad. but true.

Pat Narduzzi - MSU's DC - Outstanding D pretty consistently over the years.

I'm sure other's can name many I'm not aware of.

But let's just stop all the pretentious bull. There are A LOT of coaches that could come to OU right now and vastly improve the circus we currently have.

Widescreen
11/7/2013, 10:49 PM
Here's my prediction for what Stoops will say after the game:

"We got outplayed and outcoached. Anyway, on to the next game!"

soonercastor
11/7/2013, 10:55 PM
And he's won 2 NCs since he went to the SEC.

No

Sooners78
11/7/2013, 10:56 PM
While I appreciate what he has done, he no longer has the drive to win a national championship. I hope he doesn't drag it out too much longer.

donago
11/7/2013, 11:01 PM
I think Stoops is a good coach but this game was not lost over the last 4 qtrs but over the last 4 Feb's!! It's time for Stoops to go because he can't recruit!!! When BAYLOR!!! has more talent than OU it's time to blow the place up!!! Switzer never let the talent fall to such a low level as it is now!! We need to get someone who can recruit like Switzer!!! Stoops can't

Tear Down This Wall
11/7/2013, 11:03 PM
Listen, fellas...don't get excited. Boren/Castiglione are as stupid a combo as Powers/Dodds. This thing will have to slide into the same mediocrity the Texas program did.

If we beat Iowa State, then accidentally beat Kansas State, we'll be in prime position to win one of those Beef-O-Brady's-type bowl games.

And, that, my friends, gets us to 10 wins. So, the Athletic Department will be selling us the "Stoops has more 10 win seasons" than this underachieving coach and that underachieving coach, like they do every year in the media guide.

And, the majority of our fan base will forgive again.

dennis580
11/7/2013, 11:04 PM
85-5 at home 1 NC, 8 CC. Bob Stoops is going no where, and this thread is just totally stupid. The insane 85-5 record at home means Stoops has every right to stay as long as he wants. These threads are just totally dumb reactions by fans who are clueless.

landrun
11/7/2013, 11:06 PM
.... And, the majority of our fan base will forgive again.

And this is the biggest problem our program has right now. Too many fans in love with Stoops just because he's not Blake.

It's a bigger problem than our recruiting - which is approaching Howie Schnellenberger bad.

landrun
11/7/2013, 11:08 PM
85-5 at home 1 NC, 8 CC. Bob Stoops is going no where, and this thread is just totally stupid. The insane 85-5 record at home means Stoops has every right to stay as long as he wants. These threads are just totally dumb reactions by fans who are clueless.

I present exhibit A.

In three years you'll be saying it is time for Stoops to go. But you will be about 6 years too late to the party. :(

donago
11/7/2013, 11:09 PM
Sure Dennis, whatever you say!!

LakeRat
11/7/2013, 11:09 PM
As a "clueless" fan... I am primarily upset that stoops quit.

Tear Down This Wall
11/7/2013, 11:13 PM
And this is the biggest problem our program has right now. Too many fans in love with Stoops just because he's not Blake.

It's a bigger problem than our recruiting - which is approaching Howie Schnellenberger bad.

Amen, church.

The Big 12 has become so crappy that Baylor and Oklahoma State will play for the title.

Boren and Castiglione punched our ticket to mediocrity by not leaving this crap pile when we had the chance.

Remember, folks, it was money and power Boren and Castiglione wanted, not better competition. They'll learn their lesson the hard way, same as Powers/Dodds...with the wolves (big money donors) at the door demanding their jobs.

soonerfan69
11/7/2013, 11:13 PM
Too finesse on both sides of the ball and crap for coordinators

NorthernIowaSooner
11/7/2013, 11:14 PM
Here's my prediction for what Stoops will say after the game:

"We got outplayed and outcoached. Anyway, on to the next game!"

He wouldn't be wrong.

dennis580
11/7/2013, 11:15 PM
I present exhibit A.

In three years you'll be saying it is time for Stoops to go. But you will be about 6 years too late to the party. :(

Nobody in ANY sport at ANY school gets fired with a 85-5 home record PERIOD, and anybody who thinks they should be fired is just totally dumb, and clueless.

Sooners78
11/7/2013, 11:17 PM

I don't want a situation like penn st and fsu had with their legends sticking around trying to get the all time wins title.

FaninAma
11/7/2013, 11:18 PM
Stupid thread.

First year starting QB. Missing 3 of our best players including our 2 best on defense.

He does need to light a fire undert he offensive coaches.

soonerfan69
11/7/2013, 11:19 PM
Stupid thread.

First year starting QB. Missing 3 of our best players including our 2 best on defense.

He does need to light a fire undert he offensive coaches.

And get a competent QB

misplaced_sooner
11/7/2013, 11:21 PM

I've said this before, but it isn't the loses but how we lose. We don't lose close games, we get rocked EVERY ****ING YEAR. Do YOU think it is acceptable for Baylor to be 2-1 against us in the last 3? Doesn't that tell you how far OU has fallen? Blowout Bob can't win any meaningful game. When this program settles for winning 8 games a year against Kansas, ULM, Middle Tennessee and Iowa State, then we've become Okie State.

picasso
11/7/2013, 11:24 PM
Listen, fellas...don't get excited. Boren/Castiglione are as stupid a combo as Powers/Dodds. This thing will have to slide into the same mediocrity the Texas program did.

If we beat Iowa State, then accidentally beat Kansas State, we'll be in prime position to win one of those Beef-O-Brady's-type bowl games.

And, that, my friends, gets us to 10 wins. So, the Athletic Department will be selling us the "Stoops has more 10 win seasons" than this underachieving coach and that underachieving coach, like they do every year in the media guide.

And, the majority of our fan base will forgive again.
Lord. You must be the smartest man in Okesa.

landrun
11/7/2013, 11:25 PM
And get a competent QB

Bell and Knight are both 4 and 5 star recruits.
I think with some better coaching, they'd be able to hit 50% of their passes.

But that's just me I guess.

dennis580
11/7/2013, 11:27 PM
Amen, church.

The Big 12 has become so crappy that Baylor and Oklahoma State will play for the title.

Boren and Castiglione punched our ticket to mediocrity by not leaving this crap pile when we had the chance.

Remember, folks, it was money and power Boren and Castiglione wanted, not better competition. They'll learn their lesson the hard way, same as Powers/Dodds...with the wolves (big money donors) at the door demanding their jobs.

I totally agree with this. In the long run being in the Big 12 will hurt us. We should have been in the SEC along with Texas A&M.

8timechamps
11/7/2013, 11:33 PM
We're not doing this again.

Tear Down This Wall
11/7/2013, 11:34 PM
No, we'll wait four years, like Texas did.

8timechamps
11/7/2013, 11:36 PM
No, we'll wait four years, like Texas did.

We get it, you hate being in the Big XII. God man, can't you contribute in any other way?