PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Sicem and Baylor!

OU_Sooners75
11/7/2013, 10:06 PM
Baylor hit OUs offense in the mouth and they folded.

NorthernIowaSooner
11/7/2013, 10:09 PM
Similar to the Texas game. Get hit in the mouth and they folded quickly.

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2013, 11:23 AM
Much appreciated! Our fans have suffered for a very very long time, so getting to this point is especially rewarding. I hope we take full advantage of where we are.

Soonerjeepman
11/8/2013, 11:25 AM
I might be in the minority but I'd rather see bu win out than osu or ut....

and yes congrats. Your guys were faster, stronger, more focused...just kicked OU a$$ all over. Guess the talk of being disrespected bit our guys in the butt ...again.

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2013, 11:31 AM
I know our offense is not good, but the Baylor D was the best we have faced and was one of the reasons we looked so bad. I hope BU rips the horns.

hawaii 5-0
11/8/2013, 11:31 AM
Painful to watch but Baylor dominated on both sides.

I hope those injured were not hurt seriously.

Congrats to the Bears and their fans.

5-0

Wishboned
11/8/2013, 11:33 AM
Congrats Sic 'em. I hope your team makes the most of this season.

oudanny
11/8/2013, 11:34 AM
Enjoy the ride, Sic.

MRNOTDUCKS
11/8/2013, 02:03 PM
Much appreciated! Our fans have suffered for a very very long time, so getting to this point is especially rewarding. I hope we take full advantage of where we are.

I'd say you are one of the few long-suffering fans, Sic Em. So congratulations on having a good team. But the rest of your school's fans are either notoriously fair-weather or delusional. Honestly, I'm surprised that some of the true fans like yourself don't resent all of these new bandwagoners that conveniently jump on during a winning streak. And I think you know it's true that many of of those "rabid" fans will mysteriously disappear if the bears somehow slip up.

I say you have a good team, but I stop short of saying great team. No offense to the Sooners, but I don't think you have been tested yet. And it's possible with the state of the Big 12 that you won't be in the regular season. That's great for Baylor, but when you face a team out of conference for a bowl, it could be a rude awakening.

Anyway, you are still Baylor, and you will have to do so much more than this season for that name to NOT have negative connotations anywhere outside of Waco. :wink:

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2013, 02:06 PM
Congrats to Baylor... They at least wanted to win.

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2013, 02:33 PM
I'd say you are one of the few long-suffering fans, Sic Em. So congratulations on having a good team. But the rest of your school's fans are either notoriously fair-weather or delusional. Honestly, I'm surprised that some of the true fans like yourself don't resent all of these new bandwagoners that conveniently jump on during a winning streak. And I think you know it's true that many of of those "rabid" fans will mysteriously disappear if the bears somehow slip up.

I say you have a good team, but I stop short of saying great team. No offense to the Sooners, but I don't think you have been tested yet. And it's possible with the state of the Big 12 that you won't be in the regular season. That's great for Baylor, but when you face a team out of conference for a bowl, it could be a rude awakening.

Anyway, you are still Baylor, and you will have to do so much more than this season for that name to NOT have negative connotations anywhere outside of Waco. :wink:

Actually, I do resent the hell out of it. So many fans now, especially students, have no idea how lucky they are to have the opportunity to show up and watch an incredibly talented team put on some very entertaining games. I think they'd appreciate things a lot more if they had to sit through all of those ****-shows that I sat through during the Steele and GuyMo years. This is a sentiment that is shared by a lot of us who were Baylor fans during those days. It's almost like some of us belong to a select group of fans that feel kinship with one another because we were all collectively **** on for so many years.

I remember one student a few years ago after a loss say that they weren't going to show up to games if that's the kind of performance we were going to have. What a **** turd....

Anyway...yeah...I do resent it, lol.

BermudaSooner
11/8/2013, 02:57 PM
Actually, I wish Baylor good luck the rest of the way, although I hope those pieces of **** taking cheap shots on our defenseless receivers get what's coming to them. That dreadlock dude and the ****bag that took the shot on Saunders should have been kicked out. Too bad we don't have that Texas receiver to take them out at the knees after a play.

3 personal fouls on the same play--I don't think even the Miami Hurricanes of the 80s did that.

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2013, 03:39 PM
Actually, I wish Baylor good luck the rest of the way, although I hope those pieces of **** taking cheap shots on our defenseless receivers get what's coming to them. That dreadlock dude and the ****bag that took the shot on Saunders should have been kicked out. Too bad we don't have that Texas receiver to take them out at the knees after a play.

3 personal fouls on the same play--I don't think even the Miami Hurricanes of the 80s did that.

That wasn't a cheap shot. He was hitting shoulder-to-shoulder . Nothing wrong with that hit at all. The only reason it was flagged in the first place was because it just looked nasty....the pussification of football and all that. I don't want to see anyone hurt, but I have no issue at all with that hit.

However, there were a few other things here and there that got out of hand. OU wasn't innocent of that either. Emotions were high on both sides.

Soonerjeepman
11/8/2013, 03:42 PM
got to agree...I didn't think it was a cheap shot. I did think the one a few plays later which got flagged as well was def a cheap shot.

Unfortunately our cheap shot (tapper's punch) didn't do any good....missed the dude. Course punching at someone's HELMET probably isn't the smartest thing in the world.

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2013, 03:55 PM
got to agree...I didn't think it was a cheap shot. I did think the one a few plays later which got flagged as well was def a cheap shot.
Agreed. That one was a cheap shot.

Unfortunately our cheap shot (tapper's punch) didn't do any good....missed the dude. Course punching at someone's HELMET probably isn't the smartest thing in the world.
Well, he wasn't the only one missing on offense. :D

BermudaSooner
11/8/2013, 04:42 PM
That wasn't a cheap shot. He was hitting shoulder-to-shoulder . Nothing wrong with that hit at all. The only reason it was flagged in the first place was because it just looked nasty....the pussification of football and all that. I don't want to see anyone hurt, but I have no issue at all with that hit.

However, there were a few other things here and there that got out of hand. OU wasn't innocent of that either. Emotions were high on both sides.

Extending the forearm did it for me..the targeting rule isn't just about helmet to helmet....and then when Shepard is laying on the ground, he was triumpantly walking away and emphatically giving the incomplete pass sign (which looked more like the ref of a boxing match calling the other guy knocked out) did it for me. It did get him another flag. What a punk.

Yes, Tapper was an idiot for throwing a punch...of course we didn't see any of what happened beforehand to cause it.

EatLeadCommie
11/8/2013, 05:33 PM
Agree. Congrats to Baylor. I thought you'd whoop us and you did, though by about 4 less points than I anticipated. Our D played better than I thought it would and our O was just laughably bad.

The fans there were all class. I had a problem with a couple obnoxious a-holes behind me, but they were-- surprise, surprise-- Texas fans who were there to root against OU. Of course, if they hadn't made their UT allegiance known early and often, I would've figured it out because they were obnoxious and dumber than a box of rocks. Even the Baylor fans were sick of them. I will get some degree of satisfaction when Baylor kicks the crap out of UT at the end of the year.

Scott D
11/8/2013, 07:10 PM
Baylor hit OUs offense in the mouth and they folded.

Obligatory "OU has an offense?" ;)

JohnS
11/9/2013, 04:53 AM

Have you re-watched that play? If hitting shoulder to shoulder really hard is worthy of being ejected we need to start playing flag football. And the other guy got a penalty for taking off his helmet.

JohnS
11/9/2013, 04:55 AM
Painful to watch but Baylor dominated on both sides.

I hope those injured were not hurt seriously.

Congrats to the Bears and their fans.

5-0

Any updates from players on yalls team?

Tevin Reese is out with a broken wrist.
Glasco Martin has a damaged knee. Still being checked out
Lache Seastrunk with a groin injury. Still being checked out.

Turd_Ferguson
11/9/2013, 08:40 AM
**** you sicem

birddog
11/9/2013, 09:51 AM
I think anyone in their right mind would rather see Baylor have a huge year than any big 12 team. May be isu, but really any team that has sucked for so long and has the least amount of support and unspoiled a hole fans is ok by me.

Snrinhouston
11/9/2013, 10:53 AM
**** you sicem

Ah yes, the standard, well-reasoned and articulate response we've all come to expect from the "Ole Vet" posse.

Turd_Ferguson
11/9/2013, 02:54 PM
Ah yes, the standard, well-reasoned and articulate response we've all come to expect from the "Ole Vet" posse.

**** you snrinhouston

olevetonahill
11/9/2013, 02:59 PM

Oh Look Twinkle toes is back to play somemore.

picasso
11/9/2013, 03:01 PM
I think anyone in their right mind would rather see Baylor have a huge year than any big 12 team. May be isu, but really any team that has sucked for so long and has the least amount of support and unspoiled a hole fans is ok by me.
I know some Baylor grads, a cousin for one, who was talked down by my wife when she started playing the OU cheater card years ago.
I'd rather see Baylor win it that the two oranges.

birddog
11/9/2013, 03:30 PM
Yup. They really don't have any fans and it's hard to hate the players. If isu was next, if not us, it wouldn't bother me a bit

Piware
11/9/2013, 04:07 PM
Congrats Sic 'Em. You all have waited a long time for this and I hope Baylor runs the table now.