PDA

View Full Version : Baylor set up perfectly for a big fall...

Soonerus
11/7/2013, 12:16 PM
and that is exactly what I expect to happen tonight...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/7/2013, 12:32 PM
Well, if ever coach Stoops' ability has been challenged, this is the main focus so far this year.

badger
11/7/2013, 12:47 PM
Baylor set up perfectly for a big fall...

NOOOOO! That endzone was only made to support a tarp, not thousands of fans dressed in black!

*crash*

dennis580
11/7/2013, 01:03 PM

There is a lot better chance of us getting humiliated then there is of us winning.

badger
11/7/2013, 01:14 PM
Not really, we'll either get humiliated or we won't. 50 percent chance!

revelladee
11/7/2013, 01:47 PM
My son is a 5th yr trumpet senior on the bus heading to Waco....and my niece is a junior at Baylor.....the smack talk in my family is gonna make for a long holiday season.......I hope the black out bites them in the butt and Baylor is appropiately dressed for their own funeral

Boomer!!!!

badger
11/7/2013, 02:09 PM
My son is a 5th yr trumpet senior on the bus heading to Waco....and my niece is a junior at Baylor.....the smack talk in my family is gonna make for a long holiday season.......I hope the black out bites them in the butt and Baylor is appropiately dressed for their own funeral

Boomer!!!!

Should we lose, we can always threaten to switch conferences and kill the Big 12, leaving Baylor homeless :P

Mac94
11/7/2013, 02:36 PM
Should we lose, we can always threaten to switch conferences and kill the Big 12, leaving Baylor homeless

And risk the wrath of a Baylor lawsuit?????? ;)

SicEmBaylor
11/7/2013, 02:44 PM

Boomer!!!!
Your sibling raised better children.

KantoSooner
11/7/2013, 03:56 PM
And risk the wrath of a Baylor lawsuit?????? ;)

Wait. Baylor has a lawschool?

SicEmBaylor
11/7/2013, 04:30 PM
Wait. Baylor has a lawschool?

That would be this highly ranked place that has one of the highest bar passage rates in the country:
http://www2.baylor.edu/baylorproud/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/lawschool-aug11.jpg

Soonerfossil
11/7/2013, 05:03 PM
There is a lot better chance of us getting humiliated then there is of us winning.

Dennis.....Dennis.....Dennis.........you simply have no faith. None.....zip......zilch. Wait my friend, they actually have to play the game. Don't give up before they actually play. Something could happen that you like. Never know.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/7/2013, 05:05 PM
Not really, we'll either get humiliated or we won't. 50 percent chance!

and either we'll win a National Championship or we won't ... 50 ...50 ..

SoonerorLater
11/7/2013, 05:12 PM
Man to listen to the Baylor trash talk you'd think these guys were like the 1980's Miami Teams. What next? I hope Rice doesn't win a few games in a row.

revelladee
11/7/2013, 05:21 PM
Your sibling raised better children.

Nah...they have more money and less kids than me ;-p

JohnS
11/12/2013, 11:41 AM

cleller
11/13/2013, 08:52 AM
No one can deny Baylor has had a big Fall, 2013.

SicEmBaylor
11/13/2013, 03:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/BdNpU30_zpsae682a5d.gif

badger
11/13/2013, 04:12 PM
Baylor football in the next five years:
http://picasion.com/pic75/0d35b458ee82894f9c94eea184db0a9e.gif

SicEmBaylor
11/13/2013, 04:46 PM
Baylor football in the next five years:
http://picasion.com/pic75/0d35b458ee82894f9c94eea184db0a9e.gif

First it was, "it doesn't matter if Baylor hires Briles, nobody can win at Baylor."

Then it was, "Yeah, but RGIII is the only reason Baylor is any good."

Then it was, "Yeah, but RGIII is only that good because Baylor has talented WRs."

Then it was, "Yeah, but when RGIII is gone Baylor will become Baylor again."

Then it was, "Yeah, but once Nick Florence is gone and they have a first year starter, they'll suck again."

Then it was, "Yeah, but they haven't played a decent team yet...that will come against OU."

Then it was, "Yeah, but OU sucks this season."

Now it's, "Yeah, but just wait until they have a tough road game."

We just keep rolling through the doubters, baby.

soonergirlNeugene
11/13/2013, 05:32 PM
The truth of it is, barring some sort of inexplicable Petersen type situation, Briles will not be there forever. What remains to be seen is whether in his short time at your school, he can reverse enough history and culture to establish Baylor as a coaching destination and not a pit-stop. For the time being however, Baylor has a great team and I hope you guys make it to Pasadena. So win out, and beat OSU and Texas by a dizzying barrage of points. If you don't make it, this second snub would do a lot to cement our conference as second-tier among the power conferences.

Also, FIFY - Baylor set up perfectly for a big Fall...

SicEmBaylor
11/13/2013, 06:11 PM
The truth of it is, barring some sort of inexplicable Petersen type situation, Briles will not be there forever. What remains to be seen is whether in his short time at your school, he can reverse enough history and culture to establish Baylor as a coaching destination and not a pit-stop. For the time being however, Baylor has a great team and I hope you guys make it to Pasadena. So win out, and beat OSU and Texas by a dizzying barrage of points. If you don't make it, this second snub would do a lot to cement our conference as second-tier among the power conferences.

Also, FIFY - Baylor set up perfectly for a big Fall...

He will retire at Baylor.

C&CDean
11/13/2013, 06:14 PM
He will retire at Baylor.

And how much $$ do you have to bet on that one Sic?

cleller
11/13/2013, 06:17 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/BdNpU30_zpsae682a5d.gif

That little botch shoulda been sent to the showers.

SicEmBaylor
11/13/2013, 06:17 PM
And how much $$ do you have to bet on that one Sic?

Not much, but President Starr has that covered for me.

SicEmBaylor
11/13/2013, 06:18 PM
That little botch shoulda been sent to the showers.

The OU player is the one that lowered his head and led himself into the tackle. Morton was going for the shoulder....the guy shouldn't have dropped his head. That's why he wasn't ejected.

cleller
11/13/2013, 06:21 PM
The OU player is the one that lowered his head and led himself into the tackle. Morton was going for the shoulder....the guy shouldn't have dropped his head. That's why he wasn't ejected.

BS. The Baylor guy is clearly targeting the head with his shoulder.

Eielson
11/13/2013, 07:04 PM

It's just a regular form tackle, right? He wasn't trying to hurt him or anything...just trying to get him down. RIGHT??

cleller
11/13/2013, 07:24 PM
It's just a regular form tackle, right? He wasn't trying to hurt him or anything...just trying to get him down. RIGHT??

Not exactly a "regular form tackle". More a "forearm to the head, with shoulder to the head follow thru in order to avoid a real tackle" tackle.

SicEmBaylor
11/13/2013, 08:31 PM

I don't think it's clear at all. Morton remained in the same position throughout the play; whereas, the OU player is the one that lowered his head and led himself into the tackle. If he had stayed upright, it would have been a shoulder-to-shoulder tackle which is what Morton was going for.

SicEmBaylor
11/13/2013, 08:33 PM
There was no targeting; however, I will say there were a couple of personal foul calls against us that were 100% correct.

Having said that, I kind of like this new somewhat-thuggy 'lights out' defense we're putting on the field as opposed to the band of Care Bear pussies that have called themselves a 'defense' in the past.

Eielson
11/13/2013, 09:16 PM
Not exactly a "regular form tackle". More a "forearm to the head, with shoulder to the head follow thru in order to avoid a real tackle" tackle.

I was being sarcastic.

Eielson
11/13/2013, 09:17 PM
Having said that, I kind of like this new somewhat-thuggy 'lights out' defense we're putting on the field as opposed to the band of Care Bear pussies that have called themselves a 'defense' in the past.

Easy on the "lights out" title. You still haven't played a legitimate offense.

SicEmBaylor
11/13/2013, 10:10 PM
Easy on the "lights out" title. You still haven't played a legitimate offense.

This is the same argument I used when people went on and on about OU's defense prior to our game.

I'd like to know at what point one of our games actually counts for something.

Soonerus
11/13/2013, 10:36 PM
Never, on SF...

Eielson
11/14/2013, 11:59 AM
This is the same argument I used when people went on and on about OU's defense prior to our game.

I'd like to know at what point one of our games actually counts for something.

Well, it's OU, and we have different standards than schools like Baylor. While starting 8-0 may be reason for extending somebody's contract until they're in their 70's in Waco, we know the difference between 8 game winning streaks and undefeated seasons. There's a HUGE difference. Your games thus far count for something, but let's be real here. What great offenses have you shut down? Making Bell look bad doesn't justify the "lights out" title. It's easier to do that than to make him look good. I'll admit that I was really preoccupied during the game, so I was only halfway paying attention, but I felt that Texas dominated us even more thoroughly, and that defense isn't anywhere near lights out (gave up 40 to WVU, 44 to Ole Miss, 40 to BYU).

Maybe lights out means something different to me than to you. From what I can see, you think Baylor's offense is historically good, and their defense is lights out. Yet, you also don't think Baylor will win out in a Big XII that is void of any elite competition. We've competed for national championships and ran the table in conference play multiple times with defenses that I wouldn't consider "lights out." Combine that with a historically good offense, and you can't expect to lose.

Eielson
11/16/2013, 08:14 PM
So this lights out defense thing is dead, right? Three touchdowns in one quarter against the first good (not great) offense you've played.

Okie35
11/16/2013, 11:49 PM
So this lights out defense thing is dead, right? Three touchdowns in one quarter against the first good (not great) offense you've played.

their defense away from home is awful, they lose next week

OUmillenium
11/17/2013, 01:59 AM
I am hoping Baylor goes undefeated...at least in conference now that they pounded us. Why all the Baylor hate?

SOONER44EVER
11/17/2013, 02:13 AM
I'm not gonna say squat about Baylor. Their team is far better than ours from the water boy all the way up to the head coach. They are tough we are soft. They bitchslapped us around the field for 3 hours less than 2 weeks ago. They deserve whatever praise they are getting.

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2013, 02:31 AM

Did you even watch that game? They took a quarter to wakeup but after that...

11/17/2013, 02:52 AM
their defense away from home is awful, they lose next weekFWIW, Good Luck to the Baylor thugs in the stool next sat night!!! YOU GO!

11/17/2013, 02:54 AM
I am hoping Baylor goes undefeated...at least in conference now that they pounded us. Why all the Baylor hate?Better they win the conference than orange aggy or the cows.

SOONER44EVER
11/17/2013, 02:55 AM
Better they win the conference than orange aggy or the cows.

Just say no to orange.

Peeb
11/17/2013, 08:20 AM
Well, it's OU, and we have different standards than schools like Baylor. While starting 8-0 may be reason for extending somebody's contract until they're in their 70's in Waco, we know the difference between 8 game winning streaks and undefeated seasons. There's a HUGE difference. Your games thus far count for something, but let's be real here. What great offenses have you shut down? Making Bell look bad doesn't justify the "lights out" title. It's easier to do that than to make him look good. I'll admit that I was really preoccupied during the game, so I was only halfway paying attention, but I felt that Texas dominated us even more thoroughly, and that defense isn't anywhere near lights out (gave up 40 to WVU, 44 to Ole Miss, 40 to BYU).

Maybe lights out means something different to me than to you. From what I can see, you think Baylor's offense is historically good, and their defense is lights out. Yet, you also don't think Baylor will win out in a Big XII that is void of any elite competition. We've competed for national championships and ran the table in conference play multiple times with defenses that I wouldn't consider "lights out." Combine that with a historically good offense, and you can't expect to lose.

Heh.

Yeah, OU used to have Brian Bosworth and Jimbo Elrod. THAT is why Baylor's defense is not great this year.

A lot of guys who could hardly wait for BU to get 'exposed' by OU are now calling that a nothing win cuz OU is no good this year ('elite'- just no good).

Now perhaps, just MAYBE, Baylor actually just has a great team this year. Naw, couldn't be- they are neither OU nor in the SEC.

SMH

Eielson
11/17/2013, 10:21 AM
A lot of guys who could hardly wait for BU to get 'exposed' by OU are now calling that a nothing win cuz OU is no good this year ('elite'- just no good).

I'm not sure why you're directing this at me. Heading into that game, I thought we could easily drop 3 of our last 4. This is the only post I made before the game (that I can remember), and while it's not a perfect assessment, it wasn't far off (we'll struggle defensively against the run, we won't put up enough points to win due to our QB, Tech is overrated, K-State is underrated, etc.)

I'd like our chances a lot better if we had Shannon, Nelson, and Phillips. If they were only a passing team it would be one thing, but we'll have our hands full with Seastrunk. I picked Seastrunk to win the Heisman coming in. I obviously overshot that one, but he's darn good. I'd also feel a lot more comfortable if we had a quarterback. It's hard to win a top 10 shootout with a quarterback like Bell.

I'm not buying too much into us being "battle-tested." I don't think that Tech is nearly as good as they were hyped up to be, and while ND is solid, I don't think they're top 25. They may have struggled with K-State a little bit, but they pulled one out against Snyder, and I'm not putting money on us coming out of Manhattan with a win.

I hate to be so negative. I think we COULD win this game, but I'm not optimistic like I was with Tech. I'm surprised Baylor is such a heavy favorite, though.

Eielson
11/17/2013, 10:29 AM
Did you even watch that game? They took a quarter to wakeup but after that...

First off, I made the post right after the first quarter. Secondly, you can discount getting torched in the first quarter simply by saying your team was asleep? Baylor's defense may be a little above average, but they're not lights out.

Okie35
11/17/2013, 02:21 PM
First off, I made the post right after the first quarter. Secondly, you can discount getting torched in the first quarter simply by saying your team was asleep? Baylor's defense may be a little above average, but they're not lights out.

Yup.

They made an average Mayfield look like a Heisman contender whether they were "asleep" or not. They get torched by a better offense on Saturday night.

Better they win the conference than orange aggy or the cows.

They can lose Saturday and still win the conference... well share it. To the guy that said win out it they won't make it to the MNC. They'll be in the Fiesta Bowl against an inferior Fresno State team but they'll win so that's cool. They aren't in Bama or FSUs league.

Eielson
11/17/2013, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I really hope Baylor doesn't win out and then get matched up against a team like Bama or FSU. They'd get beat pretty good, and it would make our conference look really weak heading into the playoff system. I don't really like their chances against a team like Oregon or OSU, but if they had one loss, I think they could make it competitive enough that the Big XII would look alright.

bluedogok
11/17/2013, 04:48 PM
The conference already resembles a dumpster fire this season, Baylor getting blown out by someone (which I don't think would happen) isn't going to damage the conference rep much more than it already has been this season.

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2013, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I really hope Baylor doesn't win out and then get matched up against a team like Bama or FSU. They'd get beat pretty good, and it would make our conference look really weak heading into the playoff system. I don't really like their chances against a team like Oregon or OSU, but if they had one loss, I think they could make it competitive enough that the Big XII would look alright.

Yes, please, tell us how embarrassing it would be to OU for us to **** the bed in a BCS/title game.

Eielson
11/17/2013, 06:01 PM
Yes, please, tell us how embarrassing it would be to OU for us to **** the bed in a BCS/title game.

I never said it would be embarrassing to OU if you guys got beat down in a BCS game. I said it would make the conference look really weak heading into the playoff system. You disagree?

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2013, 06:06 PM
I never said it would be embarrassing to OU if you guys got beat down in a BCS game. I said it would make the conference look really weak heading into the playoff system. You disagree?
I think you shouldn't be concerned that we may lose a BCS game. Losing BCS games is just one more record OU will have over us for quite awhile.

Eielson
11/17/2013, 06:23 PM
I think you shouldn't be concerned that we may lose a BCS game. Losing BCS games is just one more record OU will have over us for quite awhile.

We're fully aware that we've lost several big games. That doesn't change the fact that if Baylor gets beat down it's going to destroy any remaining credibility this conference has heading into the playoff system.

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2013, 06:32 PM
We're fully aware that we've lost several big games. That doesn't change the fact that if Baylor gets beat down it's going to destroy any remaining credibility this conference has heading into the playoff system.

Well boo-****ing-hoo. I couldn't give a flying rat's ***. What do you suppose you would have said to me if after one of your many BCS losses I had said, "You know what, it'd really be better for the conference if OU loses enough to miss out on BCS games in the future because the human voters are less likely to give the benefit of the doubt to future Big XII teams that are on the bubble of making it to the MNC." You could make an argument this is exactly what happened to OSU.

Give me a damned break. I'll tell you what -- put this in a memo and fire it off to Briles outlining your case as to why he should throw a game or two in order to ensure he doesn't embarrass the rest of the conference....you know for the good of the conference. I'm sure he'll give your suggestion all of the consideration and respect it deserves.

OSUAggie
11/17/2013, 06:38 PM
Everyone seems really angry over here.

Eielson
11/17/2013, 06:47 PM
Well boo-****ing-hoo. I couldn't give a flying rat's ***. What do you suppose you would have said to me if after one of your many BCS losses I had said, "You know what, it'd really be better for the conference if OU loses enough to miss out on BCS games in the future because the human voters are less likely to give the benefit of the doubt to future Big XII teams that are on the bubble of making it to the MNC." You could make an argument this is exactly what happened to OSU.

Give me a damned break. I'll tell you what -- put this in a memo and fire it off to Briles outlining your case as to why he should throw a game or two in order to ensure he doesn't embarrass the rest of the conference....you know for the good of the conference. I'm sure he'll give your suggestion all of the consideration and respect it deserves.

This is an OU board. I didn't direct that post towards you.

We were told many times that our losses hurt the conference, though. I wouldn't expect Baylor to purposely lose a conference game for the sake of our conference. That would be stupid. I'm just talking about what effects it would have on us. By saying that our losses may have kept OSU out of the championship game, you're admitting that there is legitimacy to what I said.

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2013, 06:50 PM
This is an OU board. I didn't direct that post towards you.

We were told many times that our losses hurt the conference, though. I wouldn't expect Baylor to purposely lose a conference game for the sake of our conference. That would be stupid. I'm just talking about what effects it would have on us. By saying that our losses may have kept OSU out of the championship game, you're admitting that there is legitimacy to what I said.

The difference is, you had multiple BCS losses. This is the first time Baylor has ever been to a BCS bowl (if we make it) and would most certainly be our first MNC game (less likely). If we lost either of those, under our circumstances, I don't think the future selection committee is going to hold it against the conference as a whole unless the conference is just very very weak.

There's a big difference between OU constantly losing BCS games with their history (games they shouldn't lose) and Baylor making its first ever bid. It's apples v. oranges.

CowboyMRW
11/17/2013, 06:52 PM
It's all a moot point anyways. Everyone knows that OSU is going to win Saturday :cocksure:

Eielson
11/17/2013, 07:04 PM
The difference is, you had multiple BCS losses. This is the first time Baylor has ever been to a BCS bowl (if we make it) and would most certainly be our first MNC game (less likely). If we lost either of those, under our circumstances, I don't think the future selection committee is going to hold it against the conference as a whole unless the conference is just very very weak.

There's a big difference between OU constantly losing BCS games with their history (games they shouldn't lose) and Baylor making its first ever bid. It's apples v. oranges.

It doesn't matter if it's your first time to lose, and this isn't an attack on Baylor. It's just a comment about the conference and it's reputation. The conference is looking really weak, and the only way to restore respectability is for a good showing in bowl games (which will have to be led by our undefeated conference champs...which just so might happen to be Baylor).

cleller
11/17/2013, 08:06 PM
Lets just put Oregon and Baylor in some bowl together and get it over with. Oregon would sell out the whole place other than the tickets Baylor gets for family. The obnoxious yet boring Oregon fans mingling with--no one else, flannel, fair trade coffee tshirts. Ick.

Then, Oregon would either win 78-21 in regulation, or 78-67 in OT.

11/22/2013, 11:55 AM
Everyone seems really angry over here.baaaaah, honey, go find your lost flock.

Eielson
11/23/2013, 10:25 PM
Are we still pretending that Baylor has a lights out defense, or can we finally put that thing to rest?

Therealsouthsider
11/24/2013, 12:08 AM
...I'm waiting for the slo-mo Baylor gif that shows another bear turnover going for six

ss

SoonerOX
11/24/2013, 12:28 AM
Thud

cleller
11/24/2013, 01:39 AM
"Down goes Baylor!" (listen with Cossell ears)