PDA

View Full Version : Iowa State - My Dad

soonersweetie
11/6/2013, 04:52 PM
Not sure if you all remember, but back when Dean and Lisa were doing the tailgate, my dad attended many of the tailgates with me. He has been a season ticket holder this year for 40yrs.

Well about a month ago, the OU Athletic Dept contacted me and they want to honor my dad on the field during the Iowa State game as a long time season ticket holder. This is the 40th yr for him as a season ticket holder and the 50th that he has been attending OU games. So proud of and excited for him!!

So...when they mention his name, Charles Northcott, know that that's my dad!

Boomer Sooner - Beat Baylor!

olevetonahill
11/6/2013, 04:59 PM
Not sure if you all remember, but back when Dean and Lisa were doing the tailgate, my dad attended many of the tailgates with me. He has been a season ticket holder this year for 40yrs.

Well about a month ago, the OU Athletic Dept contacted me and they want to honor my dad on the field during the Iowa State game as a long time season ticket holder. This is the 40th yr for him as a season ticket holder and the 50th that he has been attending OU games. So proud of and excited for him!!

So...when they mention his name, Charles Northcott, know that that's my dad!

Boomer Sooner - Beat Baylor!

I remember him Fine gentleman, When I grow up I'd like to be Just like him. You gonna be on the field with him?

soonersweetie
11/6/2013, 05:01 PM
Yep, my sister and I will be there! It's kind of funny, he is so humble about it. He's like, are you sure they want to do this, lol? And I'm like, shush, just go where we tell you and smile. :)

8timechamps
11/6/2013, 05:01 PM
Very cool ss!

olevetonahill
11/6/2013, 05:03 PM
Yep, my sister and I will be there! It's kind of funny, he is so humble about it. He's like, are you sure they want to do this, lol? And I'm like, shush, just go where we tell you and smile. :)

I'll be sure and watch for it. I normally ignore 1/2 time stuff. Be sure and Post Pics in case some of us Miss it.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/6/2013, 05:03 PM
Awesome!

8timechamps
11/6/2013, 05:05 PM
I'll be sure and watch for it. I normally ignore 1/2 time stuff. Be sure and Post Pics in case some of us Miss it.

Yes, please post some pics so that we can honor him too!

soonersweetie
11/6/2013, 05:05 PM
Actually, it's not done during halftime. It's the 2nd time out of the 3rd qtr. It will be down in the south endzone.

I will definitely post pics for everyone.

olevetonahill
11/6/2013, 05:08 PM
Actually, it's not done during halftime. It's the 2nd time out of the 3rd qtr. It will be down in the south endzone.

I will definitely post pics for everyone.

Well see. If ya hadnt tolt us that I'd Smooth Missed it. Ill toast him with a Shot of the OVJ :friendly_wink:

8timechamps
11/6/2013, 05:09 PM
Hey soonersweetie, did they give you any idea about a possible game time for the ISU game?

olevetonahill
11/6/2013, 05:10 PM
Hey soonersweetie, did they give you any idea about a possible game time for the ISU game?

Would this be like "Insider trading"? LOL

8timechamps
11/6/2013, 05:11 PM
Would this be like "Insider trading"? LOL

I hope so!

Boomer.....
11/6/2013, 05:12 PM
Very cool!

soonersweetie
11/6/2013, 05:26 PM
no, I wish they had though. I originally thought it had been set for 11am. Seems like I saw that somewhere, but the athletic office didn't tell me. If I hear anything from them before it's announced nationally, I'll let you all know :)

olevetonahill
11/6/2013, 05:42 PM
Well see. If ya hadnt tolt us that I'd Smooth Missed it. Ill toast him with a Shot of the OVJ :friendly_wink:

Cant spek ya back, But we have to get together for a Game and share some

soonersweetie
11/16/2013, 10:47 PM
Ok, had an awesome day with my dad on the field today for the long time season ticket holder salute.

The pictures are on my facebook page at Beth Northcott Hopper. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to post the pictures here.

They gave him a game ball, and a large poster size framed game program and it has his name at the bottom. Very nice heavy, silver frame. He was very humbled and in awe. Perfect day. The weather even cooperated.

Not to mention nice to see Kendal move the ball down the field and score :)

Boomer Sooner!!

BoulderSooner79
11/17/2013, 12:22 AM
Ok, had an awesome day with my dad on the field today for the long time season ticket holder salute.

The pictures are on my facebook page at Beth Northcott Hopper. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to post the pictures here.

They gave him a game ball, and a large poster size framed game program and it has his name at the bottom. Very nice heavy, silver frame. He was very humbled and in awe. Perfect day. The weather even cooperated.

Boomer Sooner!!

Glad to hear it!

OUmillenium
11/17/2013, 01:55 AM
The last tailgate I attended was Iowa St a few years back when they roasted a pig. So no more SF tailgates? Why?

olevetonahill
11/17/2013, 08:13 AM

Boomer Sooner!!

Ima a Tard and cant find ya ?

David Earl
11/17/2013, 08:14 AM
Glad your dad had a great day.

cleller
11/17/2013, 09:24 AM
Your dad sounds great. Makes me realize what a whiny, spoiled fan I am.

birddog
11/17/2013, 09:44 AM
Sat in south ez and saw it all. Glad the state trooper was wise to the presentation or your pops might be in a brace.:black_eyed:

Turd_Ferguson
11/17/2013, 10:03 AM
Found your FB page but not seeing any pics...

olevetonahill
11/17/2013, 10:29 AM
Found your FB page but not seeing any pics...

Hell I cant find her page ? Ima Tard like that.

C&CDean
11/17/2013, 10:29 AM
Your dad is a fine gentleman Beth. Hobnobbing with him was always a highlight of the tailgates.

I remember when he lost his brother several years back. I guess they had been attending games together for years and years. It was a tough season for him. He was always so helpful and friendly and appreciative. Folks like him make me miss doing the tailgates...

Good on him. He deserves it.

olevetonahill
11/17/2013, 10:32 AM
Your dad is a fine gentleman Beth. Hobnobbing with him was always a highlight of the tailgates.

I remember when he lost his brother several years back. I guess they had been attending games together for years and years. It was a tough season for him. He was always so helpful and friendly and appreciative. Folks like him make me miss doing the tailgates...

Good on him. He deserves it.

Never got know him well but did enjoy the times we chatted .

badger
11/18/2013, 09:19 AM
congrats to your dad :)

soonersweetie
11/18/2013, 11:17 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'll check my facebook page and make sure everyone can see pics.

soonersweetie
11/18/2013, 11:21 AM
Interesting note - and I'm gonna age myself here...

last time I was on the field was when I was a freshman in 85. The turf was still there then and in August, the univ announced that everyone was invited to spend the afternoon on Owen Field (they called it Owen Beach). They said bring your towels, boom box, volleyball, etc. So, we did! It was really cool.

It is a neat perspective standing on that field. You find yourself thinking about how many games were won/lost in the spot that you are standing. That Bud, Barry and Bob have walked/stood in the same spot. That Keith Jackson, very well could have caught a pass here. Or Billy could have run crazy into the endzone in the same spot. Just kind of gives you goosebumps.