PDA

View Full Version : Will Baylor feel the pressure?

picasso
11/6/2013, 09:58 AM
You have to wonder. Prime time audience, favored over marquee opponent.

Hmmmmm.

olevetonahill
11/6/2013, 10:02 AM
baylor= https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_gHMXd7KdDQ9yWngh0C__aDuXz2Z2Y 3T6YLZ8tXzcQRps1vb2

BermudaSooner
11/6/2013, 10:08 AM
Can Bell finally get off to a good start? If we start off with a lot of overthrows, this could get ugly.

I think we actually start off well this game..finally, and Baylor is a little too juiced to start and we look good early and then have to hang on.

BoulderSooner79
11/6/2013, 10:21 AM
No.

picasso
11/6/2013, 11:00 AM
No.

Darn it.

PrideMom
11/6/2013, 11:06 AM
Any time a team is hyped up, it usually becomes a disappointment. I have seen it too many times, recently the OU/TX game where OU was supposed to be the overwhelmingly favorite.

Ruf/Nek7
11/6/2013, 11:20 AM
Baylor is going to open up by testing the secondary deep. If you look at a lot of their deep passes, DBs made STUPID mistakes. Our DBs have been acceptable this year and have limited stupid mistakes. Other than that, Baylor has yet to play a team that will pressure Petty like OU will. Tapper and Striker will be all over this kid and his youth will show. I am not saying they will choke under pressure, they will be exposed. If Baylor wins, it will be by a small margin.

8timechamps
11/6/2013, 03:13 PM
How could they not feel the pressure? Biggest game in their program's history, undefeated season on the line, ranked in the top 5, everyone expecting them to win, nationally televised (and the only game on TV at kickoff). I doubt there's a team in the country that wouldn't feel the pressure in that situation.

The question is; can they handle it?

thecrimsoncrusader
11/6/2013, 03:38 PM
Baylor is going to open up by testing the secondary deep. If you look at a lot of their deep passes, DBs made STUPID mistakes. Our DBs have been acceptable this year and have limited stupid mistakes. Other than that, Baylor has yet to play a team that will pressure Petty like OU will. Tapper and Striker will be all over this kid and his youth will show. I am not saying they will choke under pressure, they will be exposed. If Baylor wins, it will be by a small margin.

I'm hoping the Sooner coaching staff instructs Sanchez and Colvin to exclusively lock up with their receivers and not even worry about the Baylor running game. They need to punish the receivers at the LOS and slow them down to buy some time for OU's defensive front to get pressure on Petty.

Turd_Ferguson
11/6/2013, 03:50 PM
Yes.

BoulderSooner79
11/6/2013, 03:53 PM
No.

Darn it.

Couldn't find my magic 8 ball to give a vague answer, so I used a coin. I should have said "tails".

8timechamps
11/6/2013, 04:41 PM
I'm hoping the Sooner coaching staff instructs Sanchez and Colvin to exclusively lock up with their receivers and not even worry about the Baylor running game. They need to punish the receivers at the LOS and slow them down to buy some time for OU's defensive front to get pressure on Petty.

You and I are definitely on the same page. I hope our DBs are aggressively physical with their receivers. I wouldn't even mind a PI call here or there, as long as we are in their faces all day.

Unfortunately, I don't think that we'll see that though. I think the plan will be to keep everything in front of the defense and force Baylor to earn their points. I have little doubt that they (Baylor) can do that, but up to this point in the season, they haven't really had to go on long, methodical drives.

ashley
11/6/2013, 08:53 PM
The secondary will have no run responsibility. Just watch.

8timechamps
11/6/2013, 08:57 PM
The secondary will have no run responsibility. Just watch.

Wouldn't be surprised outside of maybe Lynn. I really think Mike is going to make them beat us on the ground, with long drives. I guess if you have to pick your poison, I'd do the same.

SoonerObsession
11/6/2013, 09:50 PM
I think both teams will need some time to settle down. Blake needs to anticipate that he overthrows when he is excited and aim at the feet of the receivers.

SicEmBaylor
11/6/2013, 10:14 PM
I wouldn't mine feeling me a little bit of pressure tomorrow night.

ouwasp
11/6/2013, 10:42 PM
About this time last yr undefeated KSU went to Waco and wilted under the pressure they couldn't handle. It would be poetic justice to see the vaunted Bears succumb to the same. I get the impression Briles won't let it happen though.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/7/2013, 07:15 AM
About this time last yr undefeated KSU went to Waco and wilted under the pressure they couldn't handle. It would be poetic justice to see the vaunted Bears succumb to the same. I get the impression Briles won't let it happen though.

It helped a ton that Colin Klein was still reeling from a concussion on the rushing TD he had in the Oklahoma St. game. Just giving credit where its truly due as honesty is the best policy.

Jacie
11/7/2013, 07:29 AM
How could they not? Losing to the whorns took the pressure off the Sooners to remain undefeated, it is all on BU now. It is not their first time in the limelight but let's be real, it is not as if they have a deep tradition. Last year they had their version of Superman to carry them and there was the whole had-never-beaten-OU-before. Bob needs to bring Barry in to give the team a pregame pep talk. This is 1976 all over again. Tell em Barry, we got em right where we want em!

Peeb
11/7/2013, 08:43 AM
No.

Yes.

Perhaps.

PrideMom
11/7/2013, 09:43 AM
OU's defense has to come out like they did at the Notre Dame game. We have to play SMART football, and MAKE them have to have long drives. Kicking game will be very important.

Jacie
11/7/2013, 10:36 AM
OU's defense has to come out like they did at the Notre Dame game. We have to play SMART football, and MAKE them have to have long drives. Kicking game will be very important.

I want to see them have short drives, 3 and outs.

Okie35
11/7/2013, 10:59 AM

They'll go after Sanchez early and often. He's a good defender but he's made a few frosh mistakes here and there. I don't think Baylor will feel the pressure but I think it'll be a close game. I think its funny EVERY team that plays US plays like its life or death. Tech looked nothing like they did against Oklahoma State than they did a few weeks ago in Norman. Baylor is going to try a lot of different BS.

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2013, 11:47 AM
I see no reason Baylor would feel pressure. They've been a pretty good team for a few years now and most their 2 deep has been with the program over that period of time. They are at home against an average OU team - average by any OU standard in the Stoops era. I'd think they would be excited to get this game started. I'm sure OUr guys feel the same way.

Ruf/Nek7
11/7/2013, 02:08 PM
They'll go after Sanchez early and often. He's a good defender but he's made a few frosh mistakes here and there. I don't think Baylor will feel the pressure but I think it'll be a close game. I think its funny EVERY team that plays US plays like its life or death. Tech looked nothing like they did against Oklahoma State than they did a few weeks ago in Norman. Baylor is going to try a lot of different BS.

It seems as though Baylor has had its most deep throw success against zone defenses in which defenders assumed their teammate had the receiver in their zone. We will not have that problem. We just need to hope the speed of the WRs do not kill us.