PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sic em

BermudaSooner
11/6/2013, 09:46 AM
In the event that Baylor do win tomorrow night, and Baylor students begin dancing in the stadium, will there be cops on hand to stop them from dancing? If OU wins and I begin jumping up and down, will that be interpretted as dancing, and can I therefore be arrested? What is the penalty for dancing on campus?

KantoSooner
11/6/2013, 09:51 AM
death by stoning

badger
11/6/2013, 09:52 AM
don't throw to stone hands

AzianSooner
11/6/2013, 11:00 PM
if we win and you are jumping on the field, look for me. I will be there jumping with you.

EatLeadCommie
11/6/2013, 11:11 PM
Baylor ended the dance ban about 20 years ago, FWIW

SicEmBaylor
11/6/2013, 11:22 PM
In the event that Baylor do win tomorrow night, and Baylor students begin dancing in the stadium, will there be cops on hand to stop them from dancing? If OU wins and I begin jumping up and down, will that be interpretted as dancing, and can I therefore be arrested? What is the penalty for dancing on campus?
lol, well, you're in luck because the stadium isn't even on campus. ;)

There is no rule against dancing at Baylor. In fact, swing dancing used to be popular on Burleson Quadrangle in the evenings. I'll even let you in on another secret -- if anyone wants to have alcohol at the tailgates...Baylor "looks the other way" so long as you put it in a cup or have a koozie around it and you don't act like an idiot once you start drinking.

Baylor is no more strict than OU is except for class attendance.

Jacie
11/7/2013, 07:35 AM
So much for all of OUr misconceptions and how I used to love teasing my babtist friends . . .

Aries
11/7/2013, 07:41 AM
So much for all of OUr misconceptions and how I used to love teasing my babtist friends . . .

It's still okay to tease your baptist friends.

>>I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said "Stop! don't do it!" "Why shouldn't I?" he said. I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!" He said, "Like what?" I said, "Well...are you religious or atheist?" He said, "Religious." I said, "Me too! Are you christian or buddhist?" He said, "Christian." I said, "Me too! Are you catholic or protestant?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me too! Are you episcopalian or baptist?" He said, "Baptist!" I said,"Wow! Me too! Are you baptist church of god or baptist church of the lord?" He said, "Baptist church of god!" I said, "Me too! Are you original baptist church of god, or are you reformed baptist church of god?" He said,"Reformed Baptist church of god!" I said, "Me too! Are you reformed baptist church of god, reformation of 1879, or reformed baptist church of god, reformation of 1915?" He said, "Reformed baptist church of god, reformation of 1915!" I said, "Die, heretic scum", and pushed him off. -- Emo Phillips <<

KantoSooner
11/7/2013, 09:37 AM
It's also fun to go up to Baptist people out to Sunday lunch and act perplexed then ask them, "Didn't I see you at <insert name of local crap bar> last night?"

OklaPony
11/7/2013, 09:47 AM

There is no rule against dancing at Baylor. In fact, swing dancing used to be popular on Burleson Quadrangle in the evenings. I'll even let you in on another secret -- if anyone wants to have alcohol at the tailgates...Baylor "looks the other way" so long as you put it in a cup or have a koozie around it and you don't act like an idiot once you start drinking.

**** off, Bear.

(Just wanted to make sure that someone got this in before the game)

BermudaSooner
11/7/2013, 12:50 PM
if we win and you are jumping on the field, look for me. I will be there jumping with you.

Will you be the guy in red? I will look for you.

engineer24
11/7/2013, 01:39 PM
Baylor ended the dance ban about 20 years ago, FWIW

Correct. The Baylor unofficial ban on dancing on campus officially ended on April 18, 1996 with an event called the "miracle on 5th street" which is the main campus drag. NBC and MTV even showed up to cover it.

Aries
11/7/2013, 02:11 PM
It's also fun to go up to Baptist people out to Sunday lunch and act perplexed then ask them, "Didn't I see you at <insert name of local crap bar> last night?"

There are three universal truths in religion.

1) Jews don't recognize Jesus as the Messiah

2) Protestants don't recognize the pope as the head of the church

3) Baptists don't recognize each other at the liquor store.

:)

SoonerorLater
11/7/2013, 05:15 PM

No sweat we'll all keep it on the down and low.

SoonerInFortSmith
11/7/2013, 07:12 PM
Why do you take two Baptists fishing with you?

Because if you only take one he will drink all your beer.

BigTip
11/7/2013, 07:21 PM
A Fundamentalist Baptist Minister, sorely tempted,
finally propositioned the Choir director one night after practice,
when they were alone in the Church.
"Where should we do it, Reverend?" she enthusiastically replied.
"Right here on the floor!" he panted.
"It'd be too cold." she whispered. "How about standing up?"
"Good Lord, girl! Have you taken leave of you senses?" he shouted.
"If anyone came in, they'd think we were dancing!"