PDA

View Full Version : yahoo article...rankings

Soonerjeepman
11/5/2013, 09:34 AM
I find this interesting....but the articles have bu ranked 5th OU 12th...guess they used the IRRELEVANT AP poll....

BCS bu 6th OU 10th
Coaches bu 5th OU 8th

badger
11/5/2013, 09:51 AM
I wonder if the AP questions their post-2003 decision to be omitted from the BCS. It seemed that the argument at the time was that they solely determined the national champion, not partially determine the competitors for the national championship game via some formula.

Does anyone besides 2003 USC still consider the AP a national championship decider in the BCS era?

olevetonahill
11/5/2013, 10:05 AM
Wonder will it be a consideration in the 4 team play off?

Soonerjeepman
11/5/2013, 10:25 AM
I think it's "funny" they use the poll with the biggest spread when in reality I'd give more credence to the other 2 polls as far as "true" ranking.

guess yahoo is owned by the ap...or votes in it.

rock on sooner
11/5/2013, 10:56 AM
I think it's "funny" they use the poll with the biggest spread when in reality I'd give more credence to the other 2 polls as far as "true" ranking.

guess yahoo is owned by the ap...or votes in it.

Yahoo is publicly traded on Nasdaq, based in CA, founded by
a guy named Yang with a buddy whose name escapes me. They
seem to find out a lot of stuff, though, and go public with it....

rock on sooner
11/5/2013, 10:58 AM
Wonder will it be a consideration in the 4 team play off?

The four team playoff is sposed to be decided by a committee....

Soonerjeepman
11/5/2013, 11:26 AM
Yahoo is publicly traded on Nasdaq, based in CA, founded by
a guy named Yang with a buddy whose name escapes me. They
seem to find out a lot of stuff, though, and go public with it....

thanks for the lesson..really could care less. My point was I thought it was weird they'd use the AP poll vs bcs.

8timechamps
11/5/2013, 05:11 PM
I think most of the media uses the AP poll for their rankings. Since they are the media, it would be kinda funny if they didn't use their own rankings. Still, that is as worthless a poll as there is. I ask my kid what his top 25 teams are each week, and I put more stock in his rankings.