PDA

View Full Version : Former Husker Richie Incognito

badger
11/4/2013, 01:57 PM
There's really been a lot of crap to come outta Nebraska in their waning Big 12 days, hasn't there?

Transcripts of voice mail messages and text messages left for the Miami Dolphins' Jonathan Martin by teammate Richie Incognito indicate a pattern of racial epithets and profane language.

Multiple sources confirmed to ESPN that the following is a transcript of a voice message Incognito left for Martin in April 2013, a year after Martin was drafted:

"Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of s---. I saw you on Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. [I want to] s--- in your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. F--- you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

More info via ESPN.com here. (http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/2629/dolphins-had-no-choice-with-incognito)

I do miss Nebraska in the Big 12 for their fans, not their alums who have gone onto nutstomp opponents and bully teammates in the NFL. Is anyone surprised in the least that nice guy Frank Solich was ousted in favor of hot tempered freaky Bill Callahan and Bo Pelini? With those guys recruiting and coaching your Huskers, what could possibly go wrong?

BoulderSooner79
11/4/2013, 02:01 PM
I don't see anything wrong with that message. My wife leaves me messages like that all the time.

badger
11/4/2013, 02:09 PM
I don't see anything wrong with that message. My wife leaves me messages like that all the time.

Oh, if only the story stopped there. Apparently, Richie's dad, Richie Incognito Sr., has been taking to Dolphins message board to reveal stuff that the NFL and NFLPA alike should freak out about (http://deadspin.com/is-richie-incognitos-dad-blasting-jonathan-martin-on-m-1457997230).

Early this morning, a poster with the username "idrd1994" left an impassioned defense of Incognito on the FinHeaven message board. In it, he attacked both Martin and Mike Pouncey as "black brothers that do drugs on a regular basis," and asked readers to "pray [GM Jeff] Ireland and [coach Joe] Philbin die of AIDS." He blasts the team from top to bottom, claims Incognito is getting railroaded, and uses the "black people say the N-word in rap music" argument to dismiss claims that Incognito sent racial messages to Martin. He also implies that Martin has pondered suicide, and "does not belong in an NFL locker room."

Because Deadspin has tons of time on its hands, it found credible proof that it was Richie Sr. posting. Where the NFL/PA will get testy?

NFLPA IS NOT TOUCHING THIS WITH A TEN FOOT POLE. It will come out, Martin has tried to kill himself three previous times. The team is silent because they all know about it, from Ross on down to Ireland and Philbin. If anybody has seen the latest news the NFLPA has decided not to look into the case. Jonathan Martin has had mental issues since College, it will all come out int he wash gentleman, believe me.

BoulderSooner79
11/4/2013, 03:19 PM
My guess is that this would all blow over if the Incognitos would remain incognito, or at least quiet. Apparently, they are not capable.

I posted in jest, of course. But mental illness, depression and thoughts of suicide are nothing to joke about.

badger
11/4/2013, 03:24 PM
My guess is that this would all blow over if the Incognitos would remain incognito, or at least quiet. Apparently, they are not capable.

No joke (and I knew you were joking earlier... I would worry about a spouse using that type of language). He must have known (or been told to by his agent/lawyer/etc) that his tweets were gonna cause a stir, because they're gone now (https://twitter.com/68INCOGNITO) and replaced by a Buddha quote about not hiding the truth.

Yeaaaah, sucks that there's digital proof out there of your bullying in the age of smart phones, eh Buddha Incognito?

tycat947
11/4/2013, 05:19 PM
Oh, if only the story stopped there. Apparently, Richie's dad, Richie Incognito Sr., has been taking to Dolphins message board to reveal stuff that the NFL and NFLPA alike should freak out about (http://deadspin.com/is-richie-incognitos-dad-blasting-jonathan-martin-on-m-1457997230).

Guess the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree???!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/4/2013, 06:07 PM
I had the displeasure of meeting Richie back in 04/05 and reporting back to some NFL teams on my thoughts about him.. One of the best Olineman coming out of college in the last decade.. Just incredible jerk...incredible.

Scott D
11/4/2013, 06:17 PM
I had the displeasure of meeting Richie back in 04/05 and reporting back to some NFL teams on my thoughts about him.. One of the best Olineman coming out of college in the last decade.. Just incredible jerk...incredible.

and that was shown by how many NFL teams had him on their DNDC lists.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/4/2013, 06:21 PM
And as an example of how the bully preys on the weak, Martin was a guy a lot of teams didn't want because he was too soft and not what you look for in a lineman's mentality.. The worse thing in the world was putting those 2 guys on a team together.

Temujin
11/4/2013, 06:32 PM
There's really been a lot of crap to come outta Nebraska in their waning Big 12 days, hasn't there?

More info via ESPN.com here. (http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/2629/dolphins-had-no-choice-with-incognito)

I do miss Nebraska in the Big 12 for their fans, not their alums who have gone onto nutstomp opponents and bully teammates in the NFL. Is anyone surprised in the least that nice guy Frank Solich was ousted in favor of hot tempered freaky Bill Callahan and Bo Pelini? With those guys recruiting and coaching your Huskers, what could possibly go wrong?

I will say that this isn't a phenomenon that started with the Callahan/Pelini eras. Osborne had some linemen of questionable repute as well.

jiminy
11/4/2013, 06:36 PM
Meh I think this falls under the category of tough love

http://derekwinnert.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/182.jpg

olevetonahill
11/4/2013, 06:58 PM

http://derekwinnert.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/182.jpg

I think I agree, Dont really know what alls going on, Dont really care It IS the nfl after all.
Sounds like Martin needs to grow a Pair and sack em up. then Knock Incognito on his Azz

SoonerStormchaser
11/4/2013, 07:07 PM
Incognito, Suh...man Nebbish really knew how to pick em!
And to think we only recruit players who want to spank it in weird places! ;)

BoulderSooner79
11/4/2013, 07:34 PM

I agree with the 'tough' part. Hard to read any level of comradery (love) in that voice mail if it turns out to be true. It's pretty easy to see why the team and the NFL are taking accusations of racial slurs very seriously. They don't give a ratz azz about the hazing.

jiminy
11/4/2013, 08:40 PM
I just have a hard time wrapping my head around Martin's plight. You have one of the highest paying jobs in the world, making more in a year than most people make in a lifetime. Are you really gonna let an ******* like Incognito run you off?

8timechamps
11/4/2013, 08:53 PM
I just have a hard time wrapping my head around Martin's plight. You have one of the highest paying jobs in the world, making more in a year than most people make in a lifetime. Are you really gonna let an ******* like Incognito run you off?

It sounds like the guy is a fragile kind of person. I'm not saying that's bad (or good), but he doesn't view things the way most NFL players probably would. Incognito probably saw that and knew he could bully Martin. My guess is that Incognito has been a bully since he was a kid, and just needs to be popped in the mouth.

EatLeadCommie
11/4/2013, 09:11 PM
Wasn't Incognito kicked off the NU team for being an a-hole? Seems like they both have some issues and would be better off elsewhere.

badger
11/5/2013, 09:15 AM

Some people don't know how to deal with problems, or have the support network to help solve em. Considering he's far Stanford playing for the Dolphins, that might have been a factor.

Also, it's apparent that he didn't just run off. He saved those text messages and voice mails for a reason. Suddenly, the bully is running with his tail between his legs cuz he's been caught.

BoulderSooner79
11/5/2013, 09:40 AM
incognito will probably show up next year with a different team and a smaller paycheck. It could end up being the best thing to happen to him if he's smart enough to recognize it. He's getting late in his career and he faces that transition to "civilian life".

badger
11/5/2013, 09:47 AM
Anyone else watch MNF last night? The ESPN guys were reaming Incognito for his racistness or something... my toddler stole the remote so I didn't catch everything they said.

As for his contract, he's in the middle of a 3-year $13 million deal with the Fins. He's not gonna see that type of money again after this incident... but can Miami just cut him loose without NFLPA howling?

sooneron
11/5/2013, 09:51 AM
I look forward to hearing of Incognito's demise in a meth house or crack den. It'll happen, just wait...

BoulderSooner79
11/5/2013, 09:52 AM
Anyone else watch MNF last night? The ESPN guys were reaming Incognito for his racistness or something... my toddler stole the remote so I didn't catch everything they said.

As for his contract, he's in the middle of a 3-year $13 million deal with the Fins. He's not gonna see that type of money again after this incident... but can Miami just cut him loose without NFLPA howling?

The segment I saw said they would keep him for the 4 game suspension before cutting him loose. Something to do with that salary cap stuff that I don't understand. Players get cut all the time, so I don't know why this would be different.

picasso
11/5/2013, 10:00 AM
I woulda told the guy to go back to Winger.

mojorisen2014
11/5/2013, 11:41 AM
Incognito is a punk. He needs a good solid azz whooping.

PrideMom
11/5/2013, 12:12 PM
A sensitive football player, go figure. From what I have seen, all rookies in every sport gets hazed to some degree. I have seen the pro baseball teams do the same thing. I have always thought it was stupid, but as they say..."boys will be boys."

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2013, 12:17 PM
Here's a little gif of RI trying to twist a player's ankle and the player trying to kick him off..at the top

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wosoGJ5azJo/UFL_DEUoVsI/AAAAAAAAANo/GAHPbucZRL8/s1600/incognito_smith.gif

8timechamps
11/5/2013, 04:46 PM
A sensitive football player, go figure. From what I have seen, all rookies in every sport gets hazed to some degree. I have seen the pro baseball teams do the same thing. I have always thought it was stupid, but as they say..."boys will be boys."

Hazing is common in all professional sports, and I'd guess most of it is harmless (rookies carrying pads for the veterans, rookies buying dinner for the vets, etc.), however, Martin is no longer a rookie, and what Incognito did/said was far beyond typical (acceptable) hazing.

8timechamps
11/5/2013, 04:46 PM
Here's a little gif of RI trying to twist a player's ankle and the player trying to kick him off..at the top

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wosoGJ5azJo/UFL_DEUoVsI/AAAAAAAAANo/GAHPbucZRL8/s1600/incognito_smith.gif

Hasn't he been voted the league's "dirtiest" player in the past few years?

Scott D
11/5/2013, 07:57 PM

they can't release him immediately without having to pay him a hefty chunk of money. That being said, if they wait that period of time they can cut him with no more than a "modest" salary cap hit.

Scott D
11/5/2013, 07:59 PM

There's hazing and then there are blatant attempts at intimidation (which by all accounts these voice mails and texts show). My problem simply is that someone else had to know something was going on and either turned a blind eye to it, or somehow initially encouraged Incognito.

engineer24
11/5/2013, 08:24 PM
I read an article on Martin and didnt realize how impressive this guy was in all aspects of life, not just football. Apparently he made a list of goals while he was at Stanford, and football didnt show up until #10 on his list. Its clear from the beginning that Martin didnt view football as life. He told a reporter 2 years ago that he planned to play for a few years and then become a lawyer. His father, mother, grandfather, and great grandfather all attended Harvard. Martin studied classics in college at Stanford and pulled of a 3.8 GPA. His coaches stated that he was so solid academically that he woudl have gotten a full academic scholarship to Stanford even if he didnt play football.

Martin is the exact opposite of Incognito.

Incognito comes from a loser family in New Jersey. His father is a sixty year old alcoholic who lives vicariously thru his son. Unlike Martin who has all kinds of things going for him, Incognito has NOTHING but football. Now that he cant play anymore, Incognito should be placed on a death watch list. I guarantee you he will commit suicide within 3 years. The guy is a loser punk who cant survive out of the game.

Martin has already bested Incognito at life, by far, even if he never plays another down in the NFL.

What I'm most amazed with is the fact that Incognito could call Martin a N$## in the locker room and nobody cared. I find it hard to believe that every other black player in the locker room would be OK with a white player blatantly throwing out the N word everywhere. There's video of Incognito blasting out the N word in front of black teammates, and they just shrug it off. I am more surprised by that than anything else.

I kind of hope that Incognito comes back into the league and word circulates about his racist rants. I think it would be hilarious to see a bunch of angry black defensive tackles gang up on Incognito and blow out his knee. I'd love to get that on DVR and laugh my *** off.

olevetonahill
11/5/2013, 09:57 PM
I read an article on Martin and didnt realize how impressive this guy was in all aspects of life, not just football. Apparently he made a list of goals while he was at Stanford, and football didnt show up until #10 on his list. Its clear from the beginning that Martin didnt view football as life. He told a reporter 2 years ago that he planned to play for a few years and then become a lawyer. His father, mother, grandfather, and great grandfather all attended Harvard. Martin studied classics in college at Stanford and pulled of a 3.8 GPA. His coaches stated that he was so solid academically that he woudl have gotten a full academic scholarship to Stanford even if he didnt play football.

Martin is the exact opposite of Incognito.

Incognito comes from a loser family in New Jersey. His father is a sixty year old alcoholic who lives vicariously thru his son. Unlike Martin who has all kinds of things going for him, Incognito has NOTHING but football. Now that he cant play anymore, Incognito should be placed on a death watch list. I guarantee you he will commit suicide within 3 years. The guy is a loser punk who cant survive out of the game.

Martin has already bested Incognito at life, by far, even if he never plays another down in the NFL.

What I'm most amazed with is the fact that Incognito could call Martin a N$## in the locker room and nobody cared. I find it hard to believe that every other black player in the locker room would be OK with a white player blatantly throwing out the N word everywhere. There's video of Incognito blasting out the N word in front of black teammates, and they just shrug it off. I am more surprised by that than anything else.

I kind of hope that Incognito comes back into the league and word circulates about his racist rants. I think it would be hilarious to see a bunch of angry black defensive tackles gang up on Incognito and blow out his knee. I'd love to get that on DVR and laugh my *** off.

So you're sayin you are just as low classed as Incognito?

SOONER44EVER
11/6/2013, 05:20 AM
I think he is on steroids.

badger
11/6/2013, 09:40 AM
I think he is on steroids.

ya think? :P

And Incognito has targeted players his whole career on the field and nobody's gotten Incognito's knees back in revenge yet, so I doubt that even if he should return that he'd get ganged up on. Players make millions, they're not going to be stupid enough to sink to Incognito's level over some n-word talk.

Scott D
11/6/2013, 06:34 PM
now now, ole Richie would still have a future as a bouncer.

KantoSooner
11/7/2013, 09:41 AM
...at a cut rate strip joint just outside West Memphis. That seems about his speed.

And then he could get beaten to death with a tire jack by a group of meth'ed up bikers and the event could fail to make the evening news.

badger
2/14/2014, 01:35 PM
Well they released the Wells report today. Linky (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24443038/wells-report-richie-incognito-john-jerry-pouncey-harassed-martin)

Incognito must have gotten word early that the report was not in his favor, hence his twitter tirade

Big huge entire report link here. (http://www.nfldolphinsreport.com/)

shortly after Martin left the team, Incognito made a number of telling entries in a notebook used to keep track of 'fines' the offensive linemen imposed on each other in their 'kangaroo court' (typically for trivial infractions such as arriving late to meetings). Incognito recorded a $200 fine against himself for 'breaking Jmart,' awarded another lineman who had been verbally taunted a $250 bonus for 'not cracking first,' and wrote down a number of penalties against Martin for acting like a '*****.' The evidence shows, and Incognito did not dispute, that 'breaking Jmart' meant causing Martin to have an emotional reaction in response to taunting. Approximately one week after Martin left the team, on November 3, 2013, Incognito wrote nearly identical text messages to Pouncey and another lineman: 'They're going to suspend me Please destroy the fine book first thing in the morning.' We view Incognito's entries in the fine book about 'breaking Jmart' and his attempt to destroy the fine book -- which was unsuccessful -- as evidence demonstrating his awareness that he had engaged in improper conduct toward Martin."

I really hope no team allows Incognito back in the league

SoonerorLater
2/15/2014, 12:01 PM
You think there might be some reason that Martin wasn't crazy about going to the strip clubs with Incognito?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24443102/ted-wells-report-dolphins-ol-coach-jim-turner-participated-in-taunting

Monster Zero
2/21/2014, 07:07 PM
P-sycho.