PDA

View Full Version : Aggies fire their Asst. AD/Head Team Trainer guy of 30 years...

TheHumanAlphabet
11/4/2013, 01:47 PM
Wonder what the deal is there...

Fired by the relatively new AD.

badger
11/4/2013, 02:27 PM
An Aggie issue that isn't being discussed publicly?

To TexAgs for info! (http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2399040&forum_id=5)

Obamacare strikes again. Athletes don't get to keep their current doctors either.
nyucknyuck

According to my sources, Karl butted heads with Kevin Sumlin quite a bit, this is the likely reason he was fired. I'm not sure what it is exactly that they butted heads over. Oh well, he'd been working there for over 30 years; it's probably time for some new blood anyway.

I suspected as much. A guy there 30+ years and new coach in town in a new football conference where winning is the only thing that keeps you coaching?

I base my speculation on this:

1. There was some very detailed information that came out about Raven's shoulder injury. The talk started like broken collarbone and that was quickly dispelled by a very detailed, very professional bit of information.

2. Johnny's status was really up in the air after Auburn, but information was out there by Tuesday night that he'd be fine and the line never reflected any serious consideration of him bit playing.

The Raven situation is what was really weird. It could be that it just took a while to track it down.

This was the other possibility. Injury info release is major no-no in all medical fields, from the paid staff to volunteers.

Read through his wife's Facebook page linked previously...sounds like he got demoted to pushing papers Sep 28th then got fired Nov 1st.
By reading through all her posts there was definitely some surprise and anger for the firing. Something just doesn't add up here.

Yes, texags really does have a lot of time on their hands

yermom
11/4/2013, 03:01 PM
An Aggie issue that isn't being discussed publicly?

To TexAgs for info! (http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2399040&forum_id=5)

nyucknyuck

I suspected as much. A guy there 30+ years and new coach in town in a new football conference where winning is the only thing that keeps you coaching?

This was the other possibility. Injury info release is major no-no in all medical fields, from the paid staff to volunteers.

Yes, texags really does have a lot of time on their hands

hmmm

badger
11/4/2013, 03:29 PM
hmmm

:P

sooneron
11/5/2013, 11:04 AM
ATm left, therefore, I don't give a **** about them.

badger
11/5/2013, 11:25 AM
Just for texags amusement, I checked the thread again. Apparently, in addition to getting fired they are now claiming he has a five-year ban on working in the Texas A&M system.

Because Internet Aggies are an odd bunch, I expect them to spill every confidential bean by Thursday night kickoff. Meh, anything to tide us over till beating Baylot I guess

Mac94
11/6/2013, 08:58 AM
You all just can't help but talk about us ... you all miss us ... I feel the love *sniff* ;)

sooneron
11/6/2013, 09:40 AM
No, seriously, Badg may care, but the rest of us could care less. ATM can suck a bag of dicks, for all I care. You, however, are one of the old school guys from here. So, you do not apply to that sentiment.