PDA

View Full Version : Let's pause and be thankful for West Virginny...

ouwasp
11/3/2013, 05:51 PM
If it weren't for them beating the pokes way back when, imagine all the tripe we would be living with. All the ugly orange scenarios that would be created and tossed about in the media. All the Boone Pickens' viewpoints. Poke fan delirium ad nauseum. Etc.

So thank you Mountaineer friends. You have spared the Sooner Nation a lot of orange angst.

olevetonahill
11/3/2013, 05:55 PM
This shot of OVJ is for YOU.

picasso
11/3/2013, 07:33 PM
The Pokes were legit in 2011. Not this year.
And the funniest part is the best team oSu has ever fielded lost to Iowa Frickin' State.

PrideMom
11/4/2013, 10:36 AM
OSU still has to play Baylor, Texas, and OU. Just because they are home games they seem to think they will all of them. I doubt that. I still think Tech was still reeling from losing to OU, after pulling out all of the trick plays, they didn't have any left for OSU. Plus Webb is a freshman and expecting two top performances in a row is pretty daunting.

yermom
11/4/2013, 01:01 PM
This shot of OVJ is for YOU.

this is highly appropriate

badger
11/4/2013, 01:03 PM
The Pokes were legit in 2011. Not this year.
And the funniest part is the best team oSu has ever fielded lost to Iowa Frickin' State.

Even the best whorn has ever fielded (since 2009) beat Iowa State (thanks refs)

ouwasp
11/10/2013, 10:29 PM
Bump...oh, the poke fans were in tall cotton at church today. Think how much worse it would be were it not for the steadfast Mountaineers. Still, the hillboys could have made our life just a little more pleasant if they could just make one play and take down tex...

8timechamps
11/10/2013, 10:59 PM
I think it's been established that ISU may be the toughest place to play in the conference. They have looked like two different teams at home and on the road. Weird.

BoulderSooner79
11/10/2013, 11:10 PM
Glad we get ISU at home for senior day. And I really hope this post doesn't get bumped in my face.

olevetonahill
11/10/2013, 11:50 PM
Glad we get ISU at home for senior day. And I really hope this post doesn't get bumped in my face.

trust me if we lose some one will Bump it

ouwasp
11/11/2013, 12:04 AM
Yeah... well, if OU does lose to ISU, I will even be more thankful for WV. Especially if the pokes top Tex.

But I'll probably be so low as to not visit SF for a few days, so I vow to not bump it again.

SicEmBaylor
11/11/2013, 12:10 AM
I think it's been established that ISU may be the toughest place to play in the conference. They have looked like two different teams at home and on the road. Weird.
I'm so glad we managed to find a way to squeak past Iowa State and get out of there with a 'W'. It was a nail biter.

landrun
11/11/2013, 07:37 PM
trust me if we lose some one will Bump it

I volunteer to bump it if we lose to ISU at home. :grumpy:

8timechamps
11/11/2013, 08:22 PM
I'm so glad we managed to find a way to squeak past Iowa State and get out of there with a 'W'. It was a nail biter.

HA! I really meant WVU, not sure what I was thinking.

WVU, I think, has become the toughest place to play on the road. And they have looked like two different teams at home and on the road.

ouwasp
11/16/2013, 08:43 PM
When I vowed not to bump this thread again, I meant if ISU vanquished the Sooners.

Since that did not happen... and the pokes did crater Case's horns... and WV was even friendly enough to lose to lowly Kansas, ending their multi-yr Big XII losing streak... well, I'm thankful all over for them again.

ouwasp
11/23/2013, 10:34 PM
During this week of Thanksgiving we will be keeping company with poke friends and relatives. That the orange school is not on a possible MNC run is due to our friends from the Mountaineer state...

okiewaker
11/23/2013, 11:01 PM
During this week of Thanksgiving we will be keeping company with poke friends and relatives. That the orange school is not on a possible MNC run is due to our friends from the Mountaineer state...

Cheers,,,, (clink)

BigTip
11/24/2013, 12:07 AM
I was thinking about the hilbillies victory over the aggots while watching the Baylor game tonight.
It was strange when they lost to them, but as the season progressed and West Virginia got worse and worse, it has became downright bizarre.

OUinFLA
11/24/2013, 09:18 AM
Yep, without that loss to WVU, pokes would be right in the mix again for all the marbles.

I do think they got screwed by the lsu/bama rematch, and they could have been there again.

Interesting to think that ISU and WVU had such an effect on the MNC game.

all at the pokes expense, so I guess all is well in the world.

soonergirlNeugene
11/25/2013, 01:02 AM
When I vowed not to bump this thread again, I meant if ISU vanquished the Sooners.

Since that did not happen... and the pokes did crater Case's horns... and WV was even friendly enough to lose to lowly Kansas, ending their multi-yr Big XII losing streak... well, I'm thankful all over for them again.

Without that Kansas loss, we may never have gotten this gem:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZNb9ZOIQAA51Wm.jpg
From the bottom of my heart, Thank You WVU!

Bourbon St Sooner
11/25/2013, 09:29 AM
Yep, without that loss to WVU, pokes would be right in the mix again for all the marbles.

I do think they got screwed by the lsu/bama rematch, and they could have been there again.

Interesting to think that ISU and WVU had such an effect on the MNC game.

all at the pokes expense, so I guess all is well in the world.

pokie would get embarassed by either bammer or scott free university. So mountie did them a favor.

badger
11/25/2013, 09:47 AM
Not a bad addition in retrospect.
http://throwtheflagblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/20120628-161809.jpg

PrideMom
11/25/2013, 10:02 AM
OSU started with the wrong quarterback, does that sound familiar? I think the reason I cannot stand the OSU fans is that they are so ignorant. They think that hating OU is the same as being an OSU fan. Yet, they know nothing about the program. NO national championships, and the conference wins are SHARED with others. I even saw a pick-up truck with this written on it's rear window:"OU loss + wedding=great day". If I were the bride I would worry about the OU loss being more important than the wedding.

badger
11/25/2013, 10:06 AM
OSU started with the wrong quarterback, does that sound familiar? I think the reason I cannot stand the OSU fans is that they are so ignorant. They think that hating OU is the same as being an OSU fan. Yet, they know nothing about the program. NO national championships, and the conference wins are SHARED with others. I even saw a pick-up truck with this written on it's rear window:"OU loss + wedding=great day". If I were the bride I would worry about the OU loss being more important than the wedding.

To be fair, they started with Chelf, then after a few nothing drives versus Miss State in Houston, they switched to Walsh. Then, they later went back to Chelf when they struggled against TCU at home.

As for the wedding thing, the bride should be more worried about what type of football fan schedules a wedding in the middle of college football season.