PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Obama

FaninAma
11/3/2013, 10:15 AM
My daughter's fiance's father just found out he has been laid off from the job he has had for the past 20 years. The primary reasons given were the economy and the fact the company is downsizing from 75+ employees to try and get below the magic 50 number.

Once the employer mandates kick in I guarantee that many of you with good employer health insurance are going to face some hardship such as having your portion of the premiums inceased, having your family members kicked off the plan or even facing layoffs if you work for a company that employs 50 to 200 employees.

Obama and those who voted for him are jackasses.

diverdog
11/3/2013, 12:08 PM
My daughter's fiance's father just found out he has been laid off from the job he has had for the past 20 years. The primary reasons given were the economy and the fact the company is downsizing from 75+ employees to try and get below the magic 50 number.

Once the employer mandates kick in I guarantee that many of you with good employer health insurance are going to face some hardship such as having your portion of the premiums inceased, having your family members kicked off the plan or even facing layoffs if you work for a company that employs 50 to 200 employees.

Okay..thank you to GWB for causing the loss of over a thousand jobs in my company.

soonerhubs
11/3/2013, 12:28 PM

Okay..thank you to GWB for causing the loss of over a thousand jobs in my company.

Playing the "Bush sucks too!" card. It's almost cliché, at this point. Why can't you own the **** legislation for what is? Obama is a ****ing liar. He said that people could keep their policies, and he knew it was untrue. No spin takes away the dishonesty of his statements.

olevetonahill
11/3/2013, 12:31 PM
Well over 5 years in and they still Blame Bush. Tards.

diverdog
11/3/2013, 12:36 PM
Well over 5 years in and they still Blame Bush. Tards.

The lay offs started in 08'. Explain to me how that is Obama's fault.

soonerhubs
11/3/2013, 12:37 PM

Own the **** legislation, and then you may deserve a response.

olevetonahill
11/3/2013, 12:46 PM

What the **** that have to do with whats happening well over 5 years later?No one is sayin Bush is/was perfect. No one is defending him. We saying oBammy is a doosh rocket. Yet you want to defend him by bashing Bush. TARD. :dog:

soonerhubs
11/3/2013, 12:46 PM
What does this ****ed up ACA have to do with Bush? Obama and the no-compromising super majorities in both houses need to own this.

FaninAma
11/3/2013, 12:47 PM
Bush was an ***. But if that's your pathetic excuse for giving Obama a bye then grasp that straw as firmly as you can.

FaninAma
11/3/2013, 12:49 PM
OMG, in your warped sense of responsibility Bush is still responsible for the economy? When does Obama start getting some of the blame....never?

soonerhubs
11/3/2013, 12:53 PM
DD, we respectfully await your endorsement of Obama lying. Own it.

okiewaker
11/3/2013, 01:20 PM
How comes the Dems not blaming Bush 41 for balancing the budget during Cliton. Anywho,,I work for a liberal European company,,,they said B/C of ACA is reason our deductible doubled and copays tripled. So,,thank you Mr Hussein. Never thot we'd EVER have a POTUS with the name Hussein in any part of his name,,but we do. Iraq had their Hussein and we have our Hussein.

soonerhubs
11/3/2013, 01:30 PM
How comes the Dems not blaming Bush 41 for balancing the budget during Cliton. Anywho,,I work for a liberal European company,,,they said B/C of ACA is reason our deductible doubled and copays tripled. So,,thank you Mr Hussein. Never thot we'd EVER have a POTUS with the name Hussein in any part of his name,,but we do. Iraq had their Hussein and we have our Hussein.

I couldn't care less about his name. Let's not create any more red herrings for DD to grasp for.

Let's patiently wait for him to own this **** legislation and the lying of the current American president.

No spin: He ****ing lied. This is the bottom line.

REDREX
11/3/2013, 01:57 PM
The lay offs started in 08'. Explain to me how that is Obama's fault.---Just admit that Barack and his crew have no idea what they are doing

okiewaker
11/3/2013, 02:16 PM
---Just admit that Barack and his crew have no idea what they are doing

Jmo,,,I think they know exactly what they are doing.

REDREX
11/3/2013, 02:35 PM
Jmo,,,I think they know exactly what they are doing.---That's probably true----The American people that voted for him are the real idiots

yermom
11/3/2013, 02:36 PM
What does this ****ed up ACA have to do with Bush? Obama and the no-compromising super majorities in both houses need to own this.

most of what they did was compromise. that's why ACA is worthless or worse. it hardly changes anything for the better

i still don't see how someone with a straight face can blame Obama for laying off employees. there isn't some ****ty overpriced plan you can get someone to offer your employees that would satisfy the law? sounds more like a business not doing very well that now has a convenient scapegoat to me. maybe they just wanted to ditch the expensive aging employees like everyone else likes to do when they have an easy excuse to do it

diverdog
11/3/2013, 02:37 PM
What the **** that have to do with whats happening well over 5 years later?No one is sayin Bush is/was perfect. No one is defending him. We saying oBammy is a doosh rocket. Yet you want to defend him by bashing Bush. TARD. :dog:

It is every bit as arbitrary as Fanin's statement. Companies are right sizing all the time and my experience is that the lack of demand/ sales is usually a huge reason companies have problems. I have never seen a company go under because of health care cost and I can remember when I sold commercial insurance employers got back to back to back double figure increases. I am not saying this is not the case in his example but I would need to see the companies financial statements to understand why they are in trouble.

I was talking to my back surgeon the other day. He is a very smart man and he has both a PHD in economics from Hopkins and is a surgeon. What he said to me was a little surprising. First he said it is far to early to know the effects of ACA and he felt that we would eventually move to a system of national health care coverage that would have a $1500 individual deductible. He does not like ACA in its current form but he thought that if the right people worked on it the problems could be fixed.

edit (I will agree companies have gone under because of generous retirement benefits including skyrocketing health care cost for their retired emploees)

diverdog
11/3/2013, 02:39 PM
---Just admit that Barack and his crew have no idea what they are doing

For the most part I do not disagree but the other side is no better.

diverdog
11/3/2013, 02:44 PM
OMG, in your warped sense of responsibility Bush is still responsible for the economy? When does Obama start getting some of the blame....never?

I would agree that Obama owns it from 2011 and on.

soonerhubs
11/3/2013, 02:52 PM
most of what they did was compromise. that's why ACA is worthless or worse. it hardly changes anything for the better

i still don't see how someone with a straight face can blame Obama for laying off employees. there isn't some ****ty overpriced plan you can get someone to offer your employees that would satisfy the law? sounds more like a business not doing very well that now has a convenient scapegoat to me. maybe they just wanted to ditch the expensive aging employees like everyone else likes to do when they have an easy excuse to do it

While you may be right about the scapegoat, I would suggest that the super majority, of that time, used a reconciliation technique to force a bad bill through. They should own that.

Also, if these autocratic folks thought that they could infringe on the liberties of business owners without getting these types of repercussions, they truly should be called out for their incompetence. They should own the ****ing law. They shoved it down our throats.

soonerhubs
11/3/2013, 02:53 PM

Major respect to DD for this post.

diverdog
11/3/2013, 02:59 PM
While you may be right about the scapegoat, I would suggest that the super majority, of that time, used a reconciliation technique to force a bad bill through. They should own that.

Also, if these autocratic folks thought that they could infringe on the liberties of business owners without getting these types of repercussions, they truly should be called out for their incompetence. They should own the ****ing law. They shoved it down our throats.

I think yermon and I would have like to have seen a single payer system along the lines of what the Swiss or Aussies have right now. Neither of us likes the ACA.

REDREX
11/3/2013, 03:02 PM
For the most part I do not disagree but the other side is no better.I would have to disagree ---Barack is and the liberal Dems are the most destructive group I have ever seen

diverdog
11/3/2013, 03:06 PM
I would have to disagree ---Barack is and the liberal Dems are the most destructive group I have ever seen

That is what makes America great....we can always agree to disagree. :)

I do wish the idiot would develop our energy resources and get the jobs going again.

soonerhubs
11/3/2013, 03:09 PM
I think yermon and I would have like to have seen a single payer system along the lines of what the Swiss or Aussies have right now. Neither of us likes the ACA.

If a state wants to try single payer, that's their prerogative.

I'm opposed to national-level perturbations of the system, in this milieu.

diverdog
11/3/2013, 03:16 PM
If a state wants to try single payer, that's their prerogative.

I'm opposed to national-level perturbations of the system, in this milieu.

Do you have a better solution? Cause what we have got ain't working and is not sustainable.

soonerhubs
11/3/2013, 03:30 PM
Changes on a state-by-state level, in my opinion would be a wiser, market based move.

I'm no policy wonk, but I disagree with the federal government prescribing one solution for every state.

diverdog
11/3/2013, 04:15 PM
Changes on a state-by-state level, in my opinion would be a wiser, market based move.

I'm no policy wonk, but I disagree with the federal government prescribing one solution for every state.

Hubs:

That is pretty much what we have today. Part of the problem is all these convoluted state insurance laws that limit access to competitive insurance rates. In some states like Delaware we are pretty much limited to BC/BS and Aetna. Some individual plans are also available.

I would not mind trying the exchanges that the pubs wanted but I think in the long run we will have a single payer system. Like Kanto pointed out health insurance may not work in a privatized market and maybe one of those things best left to the government like the military.

soonerhubs
11/3/2013, 04:52 PM
Hubs:

That is pretty much what we have today. Part of the problem is all these convoluted state insurance laws that limit access to competitive insurance rates. In some states like Delaware we are pretty much limited to BC/BS and Aetna. Some individual plans are also available.

I would not mind trying the exchanges that the pubs wanted but I think in the long run we will have a single payer system. Like Kanto pointed out health insurance may not work in a privatized market and maybe one of those things best left to the government like the military.

That may be true. Insurance companies have created an economy of inflated prices.

REDREX
11/3/2013, 05:16 PM
That may be true. Insurance companies have created an economy of inflated prices.---Then why are their margins so low?----------Medicare has much more fraud than insurance companies have profit-------Who runs Medicare?

soonerhubs
11/3/2013, 05:56 PM
---Then why are their margins so low?----------Medicare has much more fraud than insurance companies have profit-------Who runs Medicare?
Allow me to rephrase that. Insurance companies and the government have contributed to an economy of inflated health care prices.

SoonerorLater
11/3/2013, 06:07 PM
Insurance is a unique animal and is really hard to wrap your head around if you are philosophically a free market capitalist. Every system you can come up with has a downside. If you want to bring health care costs down to market levels just abolish health insurance and you would see the prices drop on everything as the pool of dollars dry up.

okiewaker
11/3/2013, 06:15 PM

Major respect to DD for this post.

YOU agree he owns it from 2011 and on????

soonerhubs
11/3/2013, 07:34 PM
YOU agree he owns it from 2011 and on????

I consider Obama responsible for **** legislation. Does he personally take responsibility for his mistakes? Absolutely not. I consider him a **** leader.

olevetonahill
11/3/2013, 07:40 PM

It is every bit as arbitrary as Fanin's statement. Companies are right sizing all the time and my experience is that the lack of demand/ sales is usually a huge reason companies have problems. I have never seen a company go under because of health care cost and I can remember when I sold commercial insurance employers got back to back to back double figure increases. I am not saying this is not the case in his example but I would need to see the companies financial statements to understand why they are in trouble.

I was talking to my back surgeon the other day. He is a very smart man and he has both a PHD in economics from Hopkins and is a surgeon. What he said to me was a little surprising. First he said it is far to early to know the effects of ACA and he felt that we would eventually move to a system of national health care coverage that would have a $1500 individual deductible. He does not like ACA in its current form but he thought that if the right people worked on it the problems could be fixed.

edit (I will agree companies have gone under because of generous retirement benefits including skyrocketing health care cost for their retired emploees)

You do realize how Childish your argument is dont you? Think about it , It will sink in.

diverdog
11/3/2013, 07:55 PM
You do realize how Childish your argument is dont you? Think about it , It will sink in.

Ah no, why don't you fill me hoss. :)

olevetonahill
11/3/2013, 08:22 PM
Ah no, why don't you fill me hoss. :)

Never mind , You startin to sound like Little Billy

okiewaker
11/4/2013, 05:24 PM
I'm going to sue the government for injury. My company admitted my policy was changed to lesser coverage and higher deductible and copays because of obamacare. Not to mention,,I just received a bill in the mail for $243.00 doctor bill that in the past was typically paid by my insurance.

Ton Loc
11/4/2013, 05:38 PM
I'm going to sue the government for injury. My company admitted my policy was changed to lesser coverage and higher deductible and copays because of obamacare. Not to mention,,I just received a bill in the mail for $243.00 doctor bill that in the past was typically paid by my insurance.

No you're not. And if that bill came to you as a surprise either your company sucks or you weren't paying attention when they changed your policy.

8timechamps
11/4/2013, 05:41 PM
The last thing I want to see is a single payer system.

okiewaker
11/4/2013, 06:11 PM

No you're not. And if that bill came to you as a surprise either your company sucks or you weren't paying attention when they changed your policy.

I NEVER changed my policy. My policy was changed for me. And ,, my company does suck because they initially backed obamacare UNTIL the sh!t kicked. Now they are regretting doing so. And,,yes I may sue!!!!!i

okiewaker
11/4/2013, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE=okiewaker;4140040]I'm going to sue the government for injury. My company admitted my policy was changed to lesser coverage and higher deductible and copays because of obamacare. Not to mention,,I just received a bill in the mail for $243.00 doctor bill that in the past was typically paid by my insurance.

Okay

okiewaker
11/4/2013, 06:17 PM
Alright,,I won't sue.

diverdog
11/4/2013, 06:35 PM
I NEVER changed my policy. My policy was changed for me. And ,, my company does suck because they initially backed obamacare UNTIL the sh!t kicked. Now they are regretting doing so. And,,yes I may sue!!!!!i

This has been going on for years. The reason the whole national health care debate started is because the cost of heath insurance has exploded. People seem to forget that fact. Most people were seeing their pay raises going to the additional cost of health insurance.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/29/pf/healthcare-costs/index.htm

OU_Sooners75
11/5/2013, 12:02 AM
Would something like the Singapore healthcare work in the US?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Singapore

Ton Loc
11/5/2013, 08:16 AM
Alright,,I won't sue.

I know. I understand the anger though. Things outside of your control with no recourse always suck.

This has been going on for years. The reason the whole national health care debate started is because the cost of heath insurance has exploded. People seem to forget that fact. Most people were seeing their pay raises going to the additional cost of health insurance.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/29/pf/healthcare-costs/index.htm

I just figured this was a way of life anymore. My health insurance is only going up about $200 next year. Sad to say only $200, but I think that makes me one of the lucky ones.

KantoSooner
11/5/2013, 09:28 AM
Would something like the Singapore healthcare work in the US?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Singapore

Yes, or the Japanese, Australian or Taiwanese systems. Seemingly, however, we're either not allowed to question things when they're obviously broken or, heaven forbid, look at ways other countries have dealt with the same or similar problems.

BTW, Singapore handles it's social security/old age pension issues about 100% betterr than we do, too. It is a smaller country, but I'm relatively sure we've got smart enough people to handle a scale up if we wanted to. Hmmmm, when your retirement pension and health care are not tied to your employer, that would make a nation's workforce way more flexible, wouldn't it? Just a thought.

badger
11/5/2013, 09:42 AM
I suspect that businesses are using Obama and Obamacare as an excuse to layoffs, outsourcing and other financial woes. They wanted to cut back and now they have the perfect excuse for everything. Hell, there's even memes making fun of that now. (http://thanks-obama.tumblr.com/)

Do people believe that Obama and Obamacare are the causes of all of our country's financial woes, including job-related woes? Voters don't seem to. Aren't they all projected to vote more Democrats in office in 2014's midterm as of now?

KantoSooner
11/5/2013, 10:01 AM
I"m sure some are. It's been surprising to me that very little if anyting was said during the healthcare 'debate' about how a single payer system removes the burden of healthcare from the shoulders of employers. Had anyone wanted to, it could have been posed as a pro-business plan.

Soonerjeepman
11/5/2013, 10:20 AM
Part of the problem is all these convoluted state insurance laws that limit access to competitive insurance rates. In some states like Delaware we are pretty much limited to BC/BS and Aetna. Some individual plans are also available.

In KS I had my kids on their own BCBS policies...a lot cheaper than putting them on the ex's or my school plan. The one issue is my GF's kids total insurance is $160 a month...for 2 kids in Missouri, my kids HAD to go with BCBS because I live in KS. That is something I'd like to see change.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/5/2013, 10:34 AM
Yes, or the Japanese, Australian or Taiwanese systems. Seemingly, however, we're either not allowed to question things when they're obviously broken or, heaven forbid, look at ways other countries have dealt with the same or similar problems.

BTW, Singapore handles it's social security/old age pension issues about 100% betterr than we do, too. It is a smaller country, but I'm relatively sure we've got smart enough people to handle a scale up if we wanted to. Hmmmm, when your retirement pension and health care are not tied to your employer, that would make a nation's workforce way more flexible, wouldn't it? Just a thought.

Singapore also requires citizens to own a home doesn't it? Buildings have to be torn down after what, 99 years? There is no homelessness in SIN.

KantoSooner
11/5/2013, 10:37 AM
16%, 34%, 11%
the last three yearly increases in my BCBS policy here in Okieland. But you know, '...in response to the rising cost of healthcare...' so it's not like the insurance companies were rushing to jack prices prior to ACA coming into effect or anything like that....

FaninAma
11/5/2013, 11:04 AM
I suspect that businesses are using Obama and Obamacare as an excuse to layoffs, outsourcing and other financial woes. They wanted to cut back and now they have the perfect excuse for everything. Hell, there's even memes making fun of that now. (http://thanks-obama.tumblr.com/)

Do people believe that Obama and Obamacare are the causes of all of our country's financial woes, including job-related woes? Voters don't seem to. Aren't they all projected to vote more Democrats in office in 2014's midterm as of now?

Insurance companies have raised premiums more since the passage of Obamacare and as government programs like medicaid and medicare have cut reimbursement to providers. Obamacare will not change this trend it will accelerate it.

And I am somewhat suprised you would buy into the President's ploy of trying to shift blame for the consequences of his and other progressive programs. The cost of government regulation and taxes is very damaging to businesses orhave you not considered that? Have you ever ran a business?

FaninAma
11/5/2013, 11:08 AM
16%, 34%, 11%
the last three yearly increases in my BCBS policy here in Okieland. But you know, '...in response to the rising cost of healthcare...' so it's not like the insurance companies were rushing to jack prices prior to ACA coming into effect or anything like that....
Well I am happy you think Obamacare is a good thing because you will not escape its consequences whether you pay for your own insurance, get your insurance from your employer or are on government provided insurance programs.

Wait until the employer mandates kick in and the increases you paid will seem but a pittance. The insurance companies are actually offering their very best rates to help with the rollout. Wait and see what their increases are over the next 2 years or wait until the government tries to freeze premiums and watch your choices of plans and providers vanish. Don't doubt me on this. I've watched it happen with Medicaid and Medicare for over 20 years. Right now there is one Ent group in the FT Worth area that will see medicaid. I'll let you guess what the waiting time is to get in to see them.

KantoSooner
11/5/2013, 11:24 AM
Fair enough Fanin. So, totting up the score: Obamacare is not going to solve anything and the pre-Obamacare situation was moving at warp speed toward unaffordable collapse. The noose or the firing squad, it seems.

Now, what, in a perfect world would you suggest? And I'm not being snarky at all. I fully expect that the currrent mess will require 'changes' that are either an entire rethink or are an entire rethink that is touted as 'tweaking' to save face. So, we may yet get a real debate before this is all done.

badger
11/5/2013, 11:38 AM
And I am somewhat suprised you would buy into the President's ploy of trying to shift blame for the consequences of his and other progressive programs. The cost of government regulation and taxes is very damaging to businesses orhave you not considered that? Have you ever ran a business?

I know, I'm aware of O-blame-o tactics after 4-5 years of him (or so). However, I also doubt that his policies and his presidency are entirely at fault.

I blame voters. They have voted in Obama, Tea Party, liberal activist minds and everything inbetween that led to weeks of shutdown we saw last month.We are collectively responsible for what we're seeing in Washington, which directly impacts our economy (and the world's too). Then when it's time to vote out their incumbent, they say their guy isn't the problem and vote him back in, and problems continue. Gag.

I, of course, am not to blame :) I voted *my* Congress incumbent out! :D

PS: Obamafest moment of silence for Tom Coburn, who has prostate cancer (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/government/oklahoma-sen-tom-coburn-diagnosed-with-prostate-cancer/article_63f49de0-4630-11e3-b83b-0019bb30f31a.html). Speedy recovery, doctor!

Soonerjeepman
11/5/2013, 01:46 PM
obama is just like the others...problem is he CLAIMED and all the libs did as well that he isn't...

http://mychal-massie.com/premium/valerie-jarrett-twists-the-screw/

$634 million later (a typical $542 million government overrun) there are “glitches.” Is it any coincidence the company retained to do the Obamacare website is friends and former classmates of Michelle Obama? Kicking and screaming, the Obama administration just released the first day enrollment number of 6. Not six hundred or even six thousand. 6 people. Who created the site? Harold and Kumar?

on top of that they just got another 7 Million in contracts AFTER this debacle...wow.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/05/government-awards-more-contracts-to-company-that-created-obamacare-exchange/

FaninAma
11/6/2013, 09:19 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottgottlieb/2013/11/06/thousands-of-small-businesses-will-also-start-losing-their-current-health-policies-under-obamacare-heres-why/?partner=yahootix

Small businesses will get hit first then large business health plans will be next. Of course if you are a buddy of Obama and the Democrats you may be exempted.

The next 1 1/2 years are going to be very entertaining as the uninformed voters in this country discover the consequences of buying into the progressive promises. It will be additionally entertaining to watch these same voters point the finger of blame at everybody but themselves.

Welcome to America's future under the Buy-A-Vote Party's plan: Rising deficits, enlarging dependent entitlement class, falling labor participation rates, widening income gap.

SouthFortySooner
11/7/2013, 12:00 PM
I'm tired. I'm to the point, because Dems keep winning, we will most likely have Hillary as President, that I would like for someone, anyone to show me what is good about Obama and his governing.

Yet, when I look for an explanation all I see is blame it on someone else or 'I did'n know'. Its November the 7th, 2013 and this mindless following is still prevalent. I'm serious, someone give me one good reason to like Obama.

REDREX
11/7/2013, 12:45 PM
I'm tired. I'm to the point, because Dems keep winning, we will most likely have Hillary as President, that I would like for someone, anyone to show me what is good about Obama and his governing.

Yet, when I look for an explanation all I see is blame it on someone else or 'I did'n know'. Its November the 7th, 2013 and this mindless following is still prevalent. I'm serious, someone give me one good reason to like Obama.---Whats not to like you get welfare , free housing , food stamps , Medicaid AND a free phone----Why work?----Let someone else pay for it

diverdog
11/7/2013, 03:05 PM

Yet, when I look for an explanation all I see is blame it on someone else or 'I did'n know'. Its November the 7th, 2013 and this mindless following is still prevalent. I'm serious, someone give me one good reason to like Obama.

He got OBL and has done a good job of killing terrorist.

REDREX
11/7/2013, 03:09 PM
He got OBL and has done a good job of killing terrorist.----Obama made sure everyone knew HE got OBL----Can't tell the difference between Barack and Rambo

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/7/2013, 03:19 PM
He got OBL and has done a good job of killing terrorist.

do you think we wouldn't have got gim under a different president? he's just the lucky bastard that happen to be sitting in the oval office when the call came in. Obama didn't do ****. He made a call that, frankly, would make him dumber than he looks if he didnt make.

Semper Fi

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/7/2013, 03:24 PM
Obama likes to monday morning quarterback issues, take ownership of the things that work out, and then claim that he "didn't know" when the **** hits the fan. He's a leader of convenience, nothing more... a figurehead to the progressives to make themselves feel better about who they are. Blame everyone else. Tell them what is best for them, and then lie to everyone about what is really going on. He's my Commander in Chief. As a military officer, I have to respect the office. As far as the man and his ideals...he can go pound sand and be more effective as a leader. You that blindly follow and buy in to his bullsh!t deserve everything you get.

Semper Fi

diverdog
11/7/2013, 03:59 PM
do you think we wouldn't have got gim under a different president? he's just the lucky bastard that happen to be sitting in the oval office when the call came in. Obama didn't do ****. He made a call that, frankly, would make him dumber than he looks if he didnt make.

Semper Fi

Bottom line he made the call and killed the SOB so he gets the credit.

REDREX
11/7/2013, 04:03 PM
Bottom line he made the call and killed the SOB so he gets the credit.---Why do you defend this boob?

diverdog
11/7/2013, 04:10 PM
---Why do you defend this boob?

Rex:

A question was asked and I answered it fairly. Overall I gave him a C- to a D+ as President. The economy is slowly getting better (2.8 gdp) and the deficit is falling. Is it happening fast enough no but it is happening. So it is not all doom and gloom. And I have little doubt if Romney were POTUS we would be in a war with Iran in the next year.

diverdog
11/7/2013, 04:12 PM
Obama likes to monday morning quarterback issues, take ownership of the things that work out, and then claim that he "didn't know" when the **** hits the fan. He's a leader of convenience, nothing more... a figurehead to the progressives to make themselves feel better about who they are. Blame everyone else. Tell them what is best for them, and then lie to everyone about what is really going on. He's my Commander in Chief. As a military officer, I have to respect the office. As far as the man and his ideals...he can go pound sand and be more effective as a leader. You that blindly follow and buy in to his bullsh!t deserve everything you get.

Semper Fi

That is pretty much any politician.

REDREX
11/7/2013, 04:17 PM
Rex:

A question was asked and I answered it fairly. Overall I gave him a C- to a D+ as President. The economy is slowly getting better (2.8 gdp) and the deficit is falling. Is it happening fast enough no but it is happening. So it is not all doom and gloom. And I have little doubt if Romney were POTUS we would be in a war with Iran in the next year.---The economy is not doing well and the deficit is falling----from record levels---Barack will double the national debt he has done an awful job

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/7/2013, 04:28 PM
I know. I understand the anger though. Things outside of your control with no recourse always suck.

I just figured this was a way of life anymore. My health insurance is only going up about $200 next year. Sad to say only $200, but I think that makes me one of the lucky ones.Describe your feelings as a lemming.

diverdog
11/7/2013, 04:29 PM
---The economy is not doing well and the deficit is falling----from record levels---Barack will double the national debt he has done an awful job

Rex:

And not all of that is Obama's fault. The economy is being held back because the largest sector, housing is still hurting. It will take years for the over capacity to be sold. Despite that corporate profits are up and the economy is growing. And yes he could do a lot more especially on the energy front.

Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs fame also rightfully pointed out that our education priorities are misaliegned with the needs of industry. We need less sociology grads and more diesel mechanics.

FaninAma
11/7/2013, 04:47 PM
Rex:

And not all of that is Obama's fault. The economy is being held back because the largest sector, housing is still hurting. It will take years for the over capacity to be sold. Despite that corporate profits are up and the economy is growing.

Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs fame also rightfully pointed out that our education priorities are misaliegned with the needs of industry. We need less sociology grads and more diesel mechanics.
Home ownership is at its lowest level in 38 years. The percentage of those who rent is at its highest. If the home ownership secror hasn't made it back with interest rates at 2 to 3% it isn't coming back any time soon.

GDP is cooking along at a scorching 2% a year and that includes government spending. Record deficits, the FED buying and monetizing the nation's debt and employment participation rates continue to fall and income gaps continue to rise.

Do you really see a silver lining in any of this. If the Fed turned off their spigot the entire econpmy would collapse. I think they have actually made a fateful decision to continue QE until they see significant inflation. In their world that is better than the other outcome.....deflation.

Ton Loc
11/7/2013, 04:48 PM
Describe your feelings as a lemming.

Being resigned to the fact that insurance goes up every year hardly makes me a lemming. Its gone up every year for the past 12 years.

Lemming - You base your entire online presence on the man you pull your screen name from. You are to Rush what Scott Thorsen was to Liberace.

Ton Loc
11/7/2013, 04:52 PM
Home ownership is at its lowest level in 38 years. The percentage of those who rent is at its highest. If the home ownership secror hasn't made it back with interest rates at 2 to 3% it isn't coming back any time soon.

GDP is cooking along at a scorching 2% a year and that includes government spending. Record deficits, the FED buying and monetizing the nation's debt and employment participation rates continue to fall and income gaps continue to rise.

Do you really see a silver lining in any of this. If the Fed turned off their spigot the entire econpmy would collapse. I think they have actually made a fateful decision to continue QE until they see significant inflation. In their world that is better than the other outcome.....deflation.

Obama has sucked ***

but what you listed is not the work of a single man. It has taken hundreds if not thousands of *******s from both sides, inside and outside of the government working together to screw things over.

11/7/2013, 05:11 PM

Semper Fifor the Left, those comments ARE Rocket Science.

11/7/2013, 05:14 PM
Being resigned to the fact that insurance goes up every year hardly makes me a lemming. Its gone up every year for the past 12 years.

Lemming - You base your entire online presence on the man you pull your screen name from. You are to Rush what Scott Thorsen was to Liberace.pathetic display. Nice connection between Limbaugh and Liberace. Well, the first 2 letters of their names are the same, so "good on you", genius.

Ton Loc
11/7/2013, 05:19 PM
pathetic display. Nice connection between Limbaugh and Liberace. Well, the first 2 letters of their names are the same, so "good on you", genius.

Go look up who Scott Thorsen was dummy. Come on - X is to Y as A is to B. The connection was not between Liberace and Limbaugh.

FaninAma
11/9/2013, 08:39 AM
Obama has sucked ***

but what you listed is not the work of a single man. It has taken hundreds if not thousands of *******s from both sides, inside and outside of the government working together to screw things over.

I don't disagree but what are we supposed to do....sit back and point fingers at the crooks that have held office before or try to change the **** the crooks of today are doing? You can tell that the crooks on both sides of the political divide hate what the Tea Party stands for. That's why both sides are working so hard to vilify them. And most of the sheep in this country swallow the party swill hook, line and sinker.

yermom
11/9/2013, 09:23 AM
the tea party and that shutdown implosion was great for the dems though

they are doing a good job of dividing themselves from the main party making them weaker as whole

i would really like to have a decision that wasn't between two bad choices

FaninAma
11/9/2013, 05:27 PM
The Dems love big government and deficit spending.

The GOP loves big government and deficit spending just on different things and to a slightly smaller degree.

The Tea Party detests big government and deficit spending.

Appears that there are just 2 choices. The Tea Party or the Republocrats.

yermom
11/9/2013, 08:09 PM
and which of those made it through the primary process?

but really, the tea party likes big business, and doesn't seem to mind pushing a police state for illegals and expanding religious influence from what i can tell. still hardly shrinking government

okiewaker
11/9/2013, 08:39 PM
Tea party is pro freedom to do business with little gov interruptions. Somebody don't know chit about the tea party but decides they think they know the Tea Party.

yermom
11/9/2013, 09:13 PM
Tell me where I'm wrong then

Turd_Ferguson
11/9/2013, 09:20 PM

http://www.soonerfans.com/search.php?searchid=151733

okie52
11/9/2013, 10:25 PM
and which of those made it through the primary process?

but really, the tea party likes big business, and doesn't seem to mind pushing a police state for illegals and expanding religious influence from what i can tell. still hardly shrinking government

Police state for illegals....oh, brother.....

yermom
11/9/2013, 10:31 PM
Small government, you know except where you want more government

okie52
11/9/2013, 11:33 PM
Even small governments have laws and borders...

cleller
11/10/2013, 08:53 AM

The whole police state question is a bit deceiving. I think the current admin wants a police state for everyone, which would include illegals.

yermom
11/10/2013, 11:37 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/search.php?searchid=151733

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

that's what i thought

yermom
11/10/2013, 11:41 AM
The whole police state question is a bit deceiving. I think the current admin wants a police state for everyone, which would include illegals.

i meant a police state just to deal with illegals

i don't agree with Obama's surveillance ****, but really no one with any substance has run on anything that would cut that back at this point anyway

Turd_Ferguson
11/10/2013, 05:33 PM
that's what i thought

Too Shay.

okie52
11/11/2013, 06:15 AM
The whole police state question is a bit deceiving. I think the current admin wants a police state for everyone except illegals.

FIFY

JLEW1818
11/15/2013, 11:06 PM
Hey libs,

How does it feel to know Obama wants all those illegals to become citizens so he can get their votes? How does it feel voting on the same tickets as all the Thug criminals vote on? Your party needs scum to win elections. Poor POS scum.

SouthFortySooner
11/22/2013, 10:54 AM
Rex:

A question was asked and I answered it fairly. Overall I gave him a C- to a D+ as President. The economy is slowly getting better (2.8 gdp) and the deficit is falling. Is it happening fast enough no but it is happening. So it is not all doom and gloom. And I have little doubt if Romney were POTUS we would be in a war with Iran in the next year.

I was told by someone who was undercover in Pakistan for over a year, (this guy was a stinky raghead for the time there) Obama, oops Osama was in their sites more than once. The 'stand down' call come at the time because they weren't sure of the Ragheads in waiting. So, I think Obama was in office when people smarter than him made the decision.

sappstuf
12/6/2013, 03:51 AM

So Obama passed a trillion dollar stimulus plan and isn't responsible for the results.. That is awesome.

Skysooner
12/6/2013, 12:21 PM
Just a rejoinder here. My sister's boyfriend works for a company that did not provide health care. He works as a forklift operator and couldn't afford the insurance out of pocket. His company put in employer health care as of January this coming year due to ACA. They just found a cancerous lump which he will now be covered for. He is in his 30s, and this would have absolutely killed him financially.

FaninAma
12/6/2013, 11:47 PM
Just a rejoinder here. My sister's boyfriend works for a company that did not provide health care. He works as a forklift operator and couldn't afford the insurance out of pocket. His company put in employer health care as of January this coming year due to ACA. They just found a cancerous lump which he will now be covered for. He is in his 30s, and this would have absolutely killed him financially.
I am glad they caught the problem but he couldn't afford a policy before that had a higher deductible but picked up costs after the deductible? Before Obamacare a 30 year old should have been able pick up a decent policy for $120 to $150 tops. How much are his premiums now? I can't imagine they are much lower than that unless the company he works for pays slave labor type wages.

diverdog
12/7/2013, 06:05 AM
I am glad they caught the problem but he couldn't afford a policy before that had a higher deductible but picked up costs after the deductible? Before Obamacare a 30 year old should have been able pick up a decent policy for $120 to $150 tops. How much are his premiums now? I can't imagine they are much lower than that unless the company he works for pays slave labor type wages.

There are no decent health insurance policies for $150/mo.

FaninAma
12/7/2013, 09:02 AM

What is your definition of decent? I would think a deductible of $5000 or less that picks up 80% of costs afterwards is decent. I know for a fact that a healthy 30 year old male can get a policy like that for less than $150 a month.

I assume the person is paying at least part of his premiums or getting lots of subsidies. I don't see a company that refused to pay for employees' health insurance previously going out and paying 100% of the premiums on a Cadillac type health care plan.

As long as health care is ran through the insurance companies costs are going to go up. It is as simple as that. A one-payer system is inevitable but in this country it will have an opt-out option for people in the federal government and all their well-connected buddies in the private sector. Also, if you are willing to pay you will probably be allowed to opt out. With the expansion of Medicaid and continuation of Medicare we are pretty close to this right now. As soon as Obama and the progressives force employers to get out of the practice of covering their employees (which is the goal) we will be threre.

Skysooner
12/7/2013, 11:53 AM

That I don't know. I intend to find out when we visit for Christmas. All good questions.

KantoSooner
12/9/2013, 10:33 AM
What is your definition of decent? I would think a deductible of $5000 or less that picks up 80% of costs afterwards is decent. I know for a fact that a healthy 30 year old male can get a policy like that for less than $150 a month.

I assume the person is paying at least part of his premiums or getting lots of subsidies. I don't see a company that refused to pay for employees' health insurance previously going out and paying 100% of the premiums on a Cadillac type health care plan.

As long as health care is ran through the insurance companies costs are going to go up. It is as simple as that. A one-payer system is inevitable but in this country it will have an opt-out option for people in the federal government and all their well-connected buddies in the private sector. Also, if you are willing to pay you will probably be allowed to opt out. With the expansion of Medicaid and continuation of Medicare we are pretty close to this right now. As soon as Obama and the progressives force employers to get out of the practice of covering their employees (which is the goal) we will be threre.

We agree almost in total. (I don't think you can get insurance that low, but I'm 50 and that makes a huge dif, still, I"m paying over $500 a month for just the policy you named...)
Without a mechanism to address costs, NOTHING we do, whether it's to appoint Commissars or to turn the whole thing over to the guy in Monopoly with the top hat is going make a damn bit of difference.

REDREX
12/9/2013, 06:44 PM
I wonder what other Obama lies will come out

okie52
12/9/2013, 11:20 PM
I wonder what other Obama lies will come out

That buttholes are exit only...

Soonerjeepman
12/10/2013, 12:53 PM

my 18 yr old son has a $1500 decuct with 80/20 for $165 but that is about to change...

olevetonahill
12/15/2013, 07:11 PM
In the spirit of the thread Title I give you
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1463919_625591027501251_1813123568_n.jpg

okie52
12/16/2013, 02:12 AM
Mack brown is leaving.....thanks Obama!!!

KantoSooner
12/16/2013, 09:41 AM
Baylor won the B12.

Thanks Obama!