PDA

View Full Version : pokes or raiders..?

Soonerjeepman
11/1/2013, 09:50 AM
which win would benefit OU more?

We need both to do well...and ut to end up with at least 2 losses in big12 play...

I know, OU just needs to take care of business but with a bye it's talk time.

guess we could do predicted order of finish that would benefit OU more..

OU 8-1 (ut loss)
bu 8-1 (OU loss)
pokes 6-3 (OU/bu/? loss)
tt 6-3 (OU/osu/bu)
ut - 6-3 (osu/bu/tt)

if that's even possible...

PrideMom
11/1/2013, 10:18 AM
I vote for Texas Tech to win. OSU is too big for their britches, and I couldn't care less what their rating is when OU plays them. Also, someone needs to beat Texas, and that will probably be either Tech or Baylor, maybe OSU, but SOMEONE needs to take them out.

KantoSooner
11/1/2013, 10:19 AM
Okay, if that were to happen, I figure OU finishes at 5th in the final BCS pole and goes Fiesta bowling. Who do we play? Loser of Stanford/Oregon? UCLA/Oregon?

flysooner9
11/1/2013, 10:21 AM
Ratings are out the window this year. All that matters is winning the Big 12.

Ruf/Nek7
11/1/2013, 12:09 PM
I make my decision based on stronger OOC schedule. With that being said, Miss St. is difference maker and therefore i say we need osu to win. Also, we have not played osu and the flip flopping of fsu and oregon at #2 shows that the BCS only cares about here and now more than what happened 4-5 weeks ago. We need to play everyone at the highest ranking they can possibly be. Tech has already served their purpose to OU.

8timechamps
11/1/2013, 07:28 PM
As long as OU can win out, it doesn't really matter who wins/loses this game. However, that's going to be tough for OU.

That said, I hope Tech takes OSU to the woodshed, and I think they will. For whatever reason, Lubbock is a tough place to play, and I think Tech has a pretty good team this year (not the typical start great, end terrible group). I wouldn't be surprised if Tech beats OSU by two or three TDs.

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2013, 07:37 PM
As long as OU can win out, it doesn't really matter who wins/loses this game. However, that's going to be tough for OU.

That said, I hope Tech takes OSU to the woodshed, and I think they will. For whatever reason, Lubbock is a tough place to play, and I think Tech has a pretty good team this year (not the typical start great, end terrible group). I wouldn't be surprised if Tech beats OSU by two or three TDs.

Then I'm bettin' the house on OSU. :devilish::witless::highly_amused:

Jack T.
11/1/2013, 09:17 PM
I make my decision based on having to work in Stillwater.

Goooooooooooooooo Raiders!

8timechamps
11/1/2013, 11:29 PM

I've had a good record this year...but that can always come to an end (and it will).

ouwasp
11/1/2013, 11:32 PM
I pretty much want the pokes to lose always. If a poke win can directly help the Sooners, then it's okay.

Curly Bill
11/1/2013, 11:34 PM
I'll take the pokes over the raiders. Unlike most/many OU fans I'm not a pokes hater.

OU_Sooners75
11/2/2013, 11:38 AM
We already have tie breaker over Texh. So let Tech win out!

OU_Sooners75
11/2/2013, 11:40 AM
Also if OU wins out regardless what Texas does, OU will get a BCS auto bid! Win out and OU likely finishes top 5

Soonerjeepman
11/2/2013, 03:38 PM
Also if OU wins out regardless what Texas does, OU will get a BCS auto bid! Win out and OU likely finishes top 5

IF ut wins out (doubt they do) but they'll big12 championship. 9-0, we'll b 8-1. I didn't think the bcs ranking mattered unless there was a 3 way tie. 2 way tie it does h/h I thought.

Plexis22
11/2/2013, 04:06 PM
I never root for OSU in anything. Same goes for Texas.

8timechamps
11/2/2013, 05:20 PM

Especially after last year's debacle with Northern Illinois. A top 5 ranked Sooner team would definitely get an at large bid.

nighttrain12
11/2/2013, 09:39 PM
I never root for OSU in anything. Same goes for Texas.

Dittos!

Jacie
11/2/2013, 09:57 PM
Whorns have the interesting part of their schedule coming up after this week. Don't see how they win out but maybe they have turned things around.

Pokes winning in Lubbock is par for them. Kingsbury worked wonders in just one year but the sand aggies still don't understand defense wins championships.

EatLeadCommie
11/2/2013, 10:08 PM
Between the ND and TT games today, it seems apparent that we have beaten absolutely nobody of consequence this year. I hope Blake clicked permanently last week or we are looking at a couple more losses

BoulderSooner79
11/2/2013, 10:13 PM

That was easy money. 8time, you have any more picks I can bet (against) ?

BoulderSooner79
11/2/2013, 10:19 PM
Between the ND and TT games today, it seems apparent that we have beaten absolutely nobody of consequence this year. I hope Blake clicked permanently last week or we are looking at a couple more losses

Have to admit, I was thinking the same thing after the TT games last week. Nice win, but it wasn't a great team we beat. Then I looked at the remaining games and was just happy we still have ISU at home to look forward to. No lock on any of the other 3.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/2/2013, 10:31 PM
I never root for OSU in anything. Same goes for Texas.unfortunately, tx HAS to lose 2 conference games to stay out of the conference champs picture.

OU_Sooners75
11/3/2013, 12:57 AM

Especially after last year's debacle with Northern Illinois. A top 5 ranked Sooner team would definitely get an at large bid.

Top 6 get auto bids

OU_Sooners75
11/3/2013, 12:59 AM
Commie, I don't think anyone really looked at Tech and said wow, they are under rated or about right.

picasso
11/3/2013, 01:27 AM
I don't give a squat what Navy did today. Our win at Nitre Dame was big for this team moving forward.
Sheesh. Are we still making the comparative scoring blunders on here?

Soonerjeepman
11/3/2013, 07:59 PM
ok...75 said that all OU has to do is win out...

I answered by saying IF, a big IF, ut wins out they get the auto bid. I didn't think bcs mattered in deciding unless it was a 3 way tie..that right or not?

BoulderSooner79
11/3/2013, 08:16 PM

I answered by saying IF, a big IF, ut wins out they get the auto bid. I didn't think bcs mattered in deciding unless it was a 3 way tie..that right or not?

75 posted that the top 6 ranked BCS teams get automatic bids, but I've never read that rule any where. There are 4 at large bids or 3 if a mid-major qualifies. OU would certainly be an attractive choice if they won out (which they won't).

tooslow
11/3/2013, 08:22 PM

I believe he was talking about a BCS bid in general. You're talking about the auto Fiesta Bowl bid, which texas would claim if we both win out. Although reading the official BCS selection doesn't mention the top 6 getting auto bids. Then again, I'm reading it on my phone and there's a lot of reading. lol I did see that it is possible for 3 teams from the same conference to get selected, although it would be hard to do.

Soonerjeepman
11/3/2013, 09:17 PM
ah...yeah, all OU can control is their effort.

I'm with Boulder..I think it's a long shot we win out. Obviously bu and osu are the 2 games, being on the road and both pretty good teams. Anything can happen but with our player injuries it's going to be tough. I'm hoping the young guys are learning quickly to fill the void on D. There is no one player that will take TM's spot. It'll be by committee. Rip and the TE's will need to step up their blocking.