PDA

View Full Version : Pick your National Title match-up (It's a poll/pole)

8timechamps
10/31/2013, 08:32 PM
If you pick "other", let us know who you think will be there...

olevetonahill
10/31/2013, 08:49 PM
Im an Optimist OU and Fla St

Soonerwake
10/31/2013, 09:34 PM
Im an Optimist OU and Fla St

That would be awesome. Can you imagine all the stuff that would have to happen? It would be grand...

olevetonahill
10/31/2013, 09:35 PM
That would be awesome. Can you imagine all the stuff that would have to happen? It would be grand...

Heh we can Dream .

BoulderSooner79
10/31/2013, 11:30 PM
Expect to see or would like to see?

I expect to see a final with Bama vs. someone

I would like to see any combo w/o an SEC team involved. Come on, Mizzou!

sooneron
11/1/2013, 08:40 AM
I think it will be tOSU v. Quacks

badger
11/1/2013, 08:53 AM
I just have to think that someone will get Bama (like they have the past two years), but that Bama will not be able to default its way into the title game this year due to an abundance of undefeateds.

THUS! It's gonna be two other undefeateds who are still undefeated at season's end, Quack and Nole

olevetonahill
11/1/2013, 09:06 AM

This confuses me.

badger
11/1/2013, 09:10 AM
This confuses me.

Resident SF.com mind reader says: "He wants Mizzou to beat Bammer so there's no undefeated teams left."

FlatLander
11/1/2013, 09:12 AM
I guess they are thinking Mizzou may beat Alabama and that would knock Alabama out??

jkjsooner
11/1/2013, 09:20 AM

I'd much rather see an SEC team get beat which I think will happen this year.

If they're left out they'll just claim a national title and claim that they would have stomped either team if given a chance and frankly it would be hard to argue with them considering recent results.

badger
11/1/2013, 09:38 AM

If they're left out they'll just claim a national title and claim that they would have stomped either team if given a chance and frankly it would be hard to argue with them considering recent results.

They can claim whatever they want, just like we can claim that we would have beaten Florida in a BCS bowl had they not decided to weasel a non-AQ in the final poll.

I would argue that teams do not look good in defeat unless they're cupcake losers who had no business trying to win in the first place. The Bammers of the world have no business losing ever, especially coming off two straight title seasons. Thus, with a defeat, they would have no claim over an undefeated team for the national title, similar to almighty Miami not being able to claim 2000 over us --- because they lost and we didn't.

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2013, 09:55 AM
Resident SF.com mind reader says: "He wants Mizzou to beat Bammer so there's no undefeated teams left."

Yes. Mizzou should make the SEC title game and would be the last chance to beat Bama. Bama still has LSU and Auburn, but LSU looks way down this year. Auburn is much improved over being terrible, but far from elite. Mizzou should have beaten USCe, but the backup QB was too limited (and Pinkel is Pinkel). If Franklin is back, maybe they have a chance (but Pinkel will still be Pinkel).

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2013, 10:00 AM

I'd prefer the latter. If they get left out, the entire SEC fan base (including doormats like Kentucky) will be all butthurt and claim injustice. If they get beat fair and square on the field, the Bama fan base will meltdown for a week and then get over it. But fans never get over injustice, so I'd like to see ultimate SEC fan pain.

Caveat: I would rather see an SEC team lose the MNC game if it was to OU, but that ain't happening.

olevetonahill
11/1/2013, 10:09 AM

I see said the Blind man. I hadnt had any coffee yet. I thot he was wantin MissU in the MNC game well you can see why i were confused.

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2013, 10:28 AM
I see said the Blind man. I hadnt had any coffee yet. I thot he was wantin MissU in the MNC game well you can see why i were confused.

I guess it could happen if Mizzou finished 12-1, but lots of things would have to happen. tOSU and FSU should win out and UO could as well.

rock on sooner
11/1/2013, 12:08 PM
I'm gonna wait til after Noles and Thugs play this weekend....

texas bandman
11/1/2013, 07:52 PM
I think that Baylor/Oregon would be a fun game to watch. First team to 70 wins.

jkjsooner
11/1/2013, 09:49 PM
I think that Baylor/Oregon would be a fun game to watch. First team to 70 wins.

In a game like that I wonder if would be advantageous to onside kick after every score. At some point the risk of lost yardage means little and the reward of extra possessions mean a lot. That of course only applies to a last one to score wins game.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/1/2013, 09:54 PM

I would like to see any combo w/o an SEC team involved. Come on, Mizzou!so many possibilities left. Mizry beating bama would be a good thing, though. Nobody(besides OU) deserves 3 NC's in a row.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/1/2013, 10:02 PM
In a game like that I wonder if would be advantageous to onside kick after every score. At some point the risk of lost yardage means little and the reward of extra possessions mean a lot. That of course only applies to a last one to score wins game.The whole game would be a lot like overtime rules.

Temujin
11/2/2013, 11:09 PM
I'd like to see Florida State put an end to the SEC reign of error.

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2013, 11:18 PM
Can't see the poll on the iPhone but give me Baylor FSU for a total new blood NCG.

fadada1
11/3/2013, 07:58 AM
As much as I'd like to the SEC sit at home and watch, bama is stupid good... And you know exactly what they're going to do. I'd hate to be a defensive lineman opposite their o-line. One of us could rush for 100 behind them. I guess we'll find out a lot Saturday vs. LSU.

That being said, I think bama v. Fsu would be very interesting and entertaining.

David Earl
11/3/2013, 09:31 AM
FSU has creamed every top 10 team they've played. FSU is the best team in the country. Bama is good. Oregon is good. But FSU is the team this year.

Scott D
11/3/2013, 12:44 PM
In a game like that I wonder if would be advantageous to onside kick after every score. At some point the risk of lost yardage means little and the reward of extra possessions mean a lot. That of course only applies to a last one to score wins game.

Oregon would probably go for 2 every other TD

ouwasp
11/3/2013, 05:45 PM
Bama-FSU is my pick...since OU is out of the running, as I usually do, I have become the Anti-Fan. Now I yearn for others to lose, like Ohio St or Oregon. I like to see teams make the MNC game that I don't have a grudge against.