PDA

View Full Version : A few Sooner mentions from Kiper's chat today

Salt City Sooner
10/31/2013, 03:45 PM
Derrin (Plano, TX)

Where do you Oklahoma's Jalen Saunders being selected in next year's draft?

Mel Kiper (2:16 PM)

Nice player. He has run after the catch ability. He can blow past CBs on deep routes. He's a guy that you can look at in the 3-4 round.

Jeff (Tampa, FL)

Are you surprised at how well Kenny Stills in performing in New Orleans? It appears that a lot of teams dropped the ball on this one.

Mel Kiper (2:20 PM)

There are always reasons why players draft further than you thought. Stills, as a freshman, he looked so good. He caught 61 passes. 61 as a sophomore and 13 TDs his first two years. As a junior, 82 catches. He kept going up and up in his stock. My final comments were "he has speed, talent, plays with confidence. Had to be more consistent. Dropped too many passes. Needs to run crisper routes. Showed first round ability, but leveled off during his career." With his talent, to be a fifth round pick, that's a steal. He really should have been a second round pick.

Josh (St.Louis)

Do you still think Sam Bradford has the talent to be that franchise level Quarterback?

Mel Kiper (2:28 PM)

Right now, you'd be skeptical about franchise QB. In his defense he was having a pretty good year without a quality running game around him. They don't have a true No. 1 WR. They have to get him a No. 1 WR and a complimentary addition at RB. I think he can be a good to very good QB.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/49306/football-insider-mel-kiper

8timechamps
10/31/2013, 03:48 PM
Every time Stills catches a pass, I think about Trent Dilfer's "he had garbage receivers" comment (regarding Landry Jones).

picasso
11/1/2013, 05:30 AM
Kiper was great in The Wraith.

OkieThunderLion
11/2/2013, 12:12 AM
Every time Stills catches a pass, I think about Trent Dilfer's "he had garbage receivers" comment (regarding Landry Jones).

When guys get paid to talk, they end up having opinions on stuff they really aren't familiar with. Part of the game.