PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'm in the minority: OU beats Baylor

8timechamps
10/31/2013, 03:30 PM
This game comes down to two things:

1. Baylor's defense
2. Time of Possession

While I do think Baylor's defense is better than last year's mess, I don't think it's become an elite defense in just under a year. Truth is, the schedule hasn't really tested Baylor's defense, with the exception of the KSU ground game. KSU rushed for over 320 yards against the Bears, and that was without any real threat of a consistent passing game. Kansas State has the 53rd ranked rushing offense, averaging 180/yards per game. I'll credit some of the Cats success to being at home, but that doesn't account for the 100+ yards they gained (above their average) on the ground. Can this year's Baylor defense get punched in the mouth and respond, or has their success largely been predicated on their schedule? I suspect it's the level of opponent Baylor has played until now.

Next up, time of possession. Against Tech, the Sooners had the ball for almost a full 10 minutes longer than the Raiders. The majority of that came in the second half. For OU to win in Waco, they must have similar success on third down and be able to control the clock. I don't see any reason to believe the Sooners can't run the ball against the Bears. OU has run the ball against better defensive lines this year, and even without Millard, I think the Sooners control the clock.

In the end, I think this game plays out in a similar fashion to last year. Baylor will score some points, and they will throw for more yards than we're comfortable with. Seastrunk will also have some success, but I think it will be limited. OU scores enough, and controls the clock to get the win in Waco:

Sooners: 38
Bears: 35

Aries
10/31/2013, 03:39 PM
I for one am hoping you're right :)

cburgsooner
10/31/2013, 03:46 PM
We can not wait until the 2nd Qtr to start moving the ball and controlling the clock. 3 or 4 three and outs and we might be too far behind to catch up.

stoopified
10/31/2013, 03:59 PM
I picked OU to win as well.Wehave played 3 quality teams beating ND and TT while losing to UT.The Bears have badly beaten bad teams but the only half decent team they played(KSU) hung in with them.Baylor faces the best team they have seen all year.They have not faced a running game like OU,not faced a defense with OU's talent. Bottom line is OU is battle tested,BU is not.

Breadburner
10/31/2013, 04:10 PM
If we play mistake free we can win....No Turnovers....Blocked Punts....Field Goals or Baylor special team scores.....We win....!!!

Soonerjeepman
10/31/2013, 04:44 PM
agree...TOP will be huge...along with TO (has to be even..whether it's 0 or 3). IF we slip in either of those I think OU doesn't pull it off.

Hopefully running attack will be strong.

Soonerus
10/31/2013, 05:18 PM
We will beat Baylor, geez...

Widescreen
10/31/2013, 05:23 PM
I picked OU to win as well.Wehave played 3 quality teams beating ND and TT while losing to UT.The Bears have badly beaten bad teams but the only half decent team they played(KSU) hung in with them.Baylor faces the best team they have seen all year.They have not faced a running game like OU,not faced a defense with OU's talent. Bottom line is OU is battle tested,BU is not.

I agree with you except for one thing... UT is not a quality team. They suck and we deserve to be ridiculed for losing to them. We can save face to an extent by beating Baylor.

sooner46
10/31/2013, 05:26 PM
OU wins. That my story and I am sticking with it. BOOMER SOONER all the way.

olevetonahill
10/31/2013, 05:27 PM
We can not wait until the 2nd Qtr to start moving the ball and controlling the clock. 3 or 4 three and outs and we might be too far behind to catch up.

We will beat Baylor, geez...

Rus Im confident we will also, But like Cburg said and Ive said elsewhere. If we spot em the 1st 1/4 were are in trouble

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/31/2013, 05:45 PM
agree...TOP will be huge...along with TO (has to be even..whether it's 0 or 3). IF we slip in either of those I think OU doesn't pull it off.

Hopefully running attack will be strong.

TOP with TD's at the end. Gotta score steady in this game.

8timechamps
10/31/2013, 06:25 PM
I agree with you except for one thing... UT is not a quality team. They suck and we deserve to be ridiculed for losing to them. We can save face to an extent by beating Baylor.

We need to stop thinking that Texas was some pitiful team, with no talent, that pulled off the greatest upset in history. Truth is, they've had a top 5/10 recruiting class for over a decade, they have more resources/support than most teams in the country, and in a real rivalry game, underdogs win.

What Texas lacked was a defense that played at the collegiate level. They have corrected that, and surprise...they're winning again.

Don't get me wrong, we were embarrassed this year, but to say UT is not a quality team is misleading. I wouldn't be surprised if they win out, or at the very least only lose one the rest of the way.

What still gets to me is how bad we played/coached in this year's game. We've had some struggles this year, but in every game (except that one) we looked like we were playing hard. In that game, we looked disinterested.

8timechamps
10/31/2013, 06:27 PM

I think that's huge. I believe Baylor's offense is excellent, and we'll need to play a near perfect game to stop it, but they have no idea what they really have on defense. In the one close game (KSU), the defense didn't really rise to the occasion. What will happen if they're in a close game, with a good team? They have no idea.

soonergirlNeugene
10/31/2013, 06:53 PM
I was worried about this game BEFORE the injuries. At this point, attack of the killer cupcake scheduling is the last hope I'm clinging to.

BoulderSooner79
10/31/2013, 07:20 PM
Don't get me wrong, we were embarrassed this year, but to say UT is not a quality team is misleading. I wouldn't be surprised if they win out, or at the very least only lose one the rest of the way.

Speak for yourself - I'm never embarrassed over what some team of young men do on a football field :)

You're right - the horns are a good team and they would probably take us again in a rematch. Effin' BYU beat us indirectly by drilling the horns so badly. Diaz really was the reason that their D was in shambles - not player talent. I'm not saying UT is a great team as I don't think that animal exists in the big12 - but they are a bad matchup for us.

SoonerMarkVA
10/31/2013, 08:52 PM
Honestly, I think the biggest thing we have going for us is that we're being almost as dismissed in this game as ut was against us. Stoops' teams seem to consistently struggle when the world is lauding them, but even more he has an axe to grind when the world is dismissing them. That seems to go straight to the players. I expect OU to come out like a road grater if that's the case, and if so we might punch Baylor so hard they curl up and whimper.

If, however, we come out like slugs for the 1st Q, it's probably over.

hawaii 5-0
10/31/2013, 09:02 PM
If Baylor's Seastrunk gets loose it'll be a long day for the Soons.

5-0

Widescreen
10/31/2013, 09:46 PM
We need to stop thinking that Texas was some pitiful team, with no talent, that pulled off the greatest upset in history. Truth is, they've had a top 5/10 recruiting class for over a decade, they have more resources/support than most teams in the country

Agreed. And yet they still suck.

Collier11
10/31/2013, 10:38 PM
we cant fall behind, as long as we don't fall behind early we will have a real shot to win

BoulderSooner79
10/31/2013, 11:32 PM
we cant fall behind, as long as we don't fall behind early we will have a real shot to win

I'd say as long as we don't fall behind when the 4th qtr expires, we have a real shot.

aurorasooner
11/1/2013, 12:56 AM
I think we've got to score at least 40 to win. Hopefully we will, but in order to do so, I believe we've got to think "outside of the box" on offense".
I just don't think Josh has got it in him to game plan more than a couple creative plays (the Bester reverse pass/run and the play action pass to J. Saunders), and more importantly to be creative on 1st and 2nd down to keep us out of 3rd and long. If we move the chains on offense to keep Baylor's offense off the field, and score TD's instead of field goals in the red zone, then we could possibly be competitive in this game.
Our offense needs to help our defense in this one as they needed to do in the whorn game. It didn't happen in Dallas, and that game was (imo) right up there with the embarrassing loss to KSU in the Big 12 championship game and the embarrassing loss to USC in Miami. It probably was worse considering a Stoop's coached team didn't show up against Texas, which is hard to believe.
Hopefully our assistant coaches will show up with quality game plans on both sides of the ball, and our players will execute. With almost a couple of weeks to prep & as an indicator, if we have to burn 2 or 3 TOs early in the 1st quarter then we're probably going to be in a cheet load of trouble.

Chuck Bao
11/1/2013, 01:32 AM
I'm a bit pee'd-offed as I just realized that the Baylor-OU game won't be the only top-10 matchup next Thursday, Nov 7. #2 Oregon plays at #5 Stanford at 8pm and some TV sets will be switching over from the Baylor - OU game at half. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the main reason for a Thursday game is a nationwide TV audience. I know that the schedule is set pre-season, but my question is why would either OU or Baylor agree to a Thursday game night when Oregon is playing Stanford? Someone needs to admit that they made a serious mistake.

CincySooner
11/1/2013, 07:38 AM
I know that the schedule is set pre-season, but my question is why would either OU or Baylor agree to a Thursday game night when Oregon is playing Stanford?

I wondered that myself. After snooping on the Internet a little, it looks like the Big XII is contractually obligated to play 4 Thursday night games. saxeT takes one with a game on Thanksgiving, which leaves 3 left to assign. I think it was a decision made by the conference , and MAYBE they asked Baylor if they were up for it, since they are the home team and Waco would be losing out on the all-day revenue stream that comes from hosting on Saturday.

engineer24
11/1/2013, 09:16 AM

I disagree. OU's defense overall is better than KSU, but KSU's run defense is SUBSTANTIALLY better than OU. I think there's a good chance that Baylor can dominate the clock, especially with their balanced attack.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/1/2013, 10:29 AM
I disagree. OU's defense overall is better than KSU, but KSU's run defense is SUBSTANTIALLY better than OU. I think there's a good chance that Baylor can dominate the clock, especially with their balanced attack.

I assume you are basing it on right now where OU is on defense without Phillips and Nelson, because from a statistical standpoint, OU is giving up less rushing yards per game, less rushing TDs on the season and are only a little worse in rushing yards given up per carry than KSU.

OU is 28th in the nation in rushing defense and KSU is 53rd. We also have to remember that OU is in a transitional and adjustment phase after losing Phillips and Nelson, so it is possible that given OU"S youth, they can continue to improve and make less assignment mistakes as the season progresses.

Given that KSU had 19 more minutes in time of possession than Baylor thanks largely to 327 rushing yards, I would say there is a good chance that OU can do the same thing. KSU was without Lockett so the KSU offensive was extremely one-dimensional and could only run and despite Baylor knowing this, they still couldn't stop the KSU ground game.

I hope OU wins the coin toss AND takes the ball first. And then run, run and run some more and hopefully, Bell can hit on some play-action passes. I do think that due to injury issues and Baylor being completely healthy, OU probably needs 0 turnovers and Baylor to have 2 turnovers for OU to win this game.

I would have picked OU in this game in a heart-beat with Phillips, Nelson and Millard being available, but alas. Phillips would have murdered Baylor's center and collapsed the pocket and Petty would have been leaving the pocket much more frequently than he is used to. Wade as a bright future, but he's not at that level yet unfortunately.

70sooner
11/1/2013, 11:49 AM

this!~

ashley
11/1/2013, 02:35 PM
We might have too many missing of defensive and a very inconsistent QB. I don't know if we can score enough to keep up.

EatLeadCommie
11/1/2013, 02:44 PM
I'm a bit pee'd-offed as I just realized that the Baylor-OU game won't be the only top-10 matchup next Thursday, Nov 7. #2 Oregon plays at #5 Stanford at 8pm and some TV sets will be switching over from the Baylor - OU game at half. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the main reason for a Thursday game is a nationwide TV audience. I know that the schedule is set pre-season, but my question is why would either OU or Baylor agree to a Thursday game night when Oregon is playing Stanford? Someone needs to admit that they made a serious mistake.

I doubt the schedulemakers realized that this was going to be a matchup of two top 10 teams at the beginning of the year. More likely, they thought it would be a top 10-15 OU vs. an unranked Baylor team.

olevetonahill
11/1/2013, 02:45 PM
This orta been a POLE.

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2013, 04:10 PM
I doubt the schedulemakers realized that this was going to be a matchup of two top 10 teams at the beginning of the year. More likely, they thought it would be a top 10-15 OU vs. an unranked Baylor team.

Probably true. Because it was definitely an expectation that the UO/Stanford game would have BCS title implications.

8timechamps
11/1/2013, 07:21 PM

KSU's run defense is not better than OU's, it's not really even close.

If you go back and look at the game where OU gave up a lot of rushing yards, you'll see that they came on one or two big plays. The Texas game is the only game where OU was run all over, but I still think we were way overconfident going into that game.

KSU lost every one of their front players after last year, and have not been very good at stopping the run.

If you want to find a reason that OU will lose, there are plenty to pick from, to say that KSU has a better run defense than OU isn't statistically correct, and a little crazy.

Collier11
11/1/2013, 08:32 PM
I'd say as long as we don't fall behind when the 4th qtr expires, we have a real shot.

brilliant! :D

Collier11
11/1/2013, 08:37 PM
It isn't even close...despite the texas game, OU has the 29th ranked rush defense, Kstate has the 55th ranked rush defense. Total Defense, OU #9, Kstate #44

AzianSooner
11/1/2013, 08:48 PM
If we are down by 3 points by half time, we might have a chance. If we are down by 2 touch down, we are doom.

Collier11
11/1/2013, 08:50 PM
If we have 70 snaps, I bet we go 50-20 run/pass

BigTip
11/3/2013, 03:04 PM
Gawd dimmit, if Texass can beat us, we can certainly beat Baylor.

BoulderSooner79
11/3/2013, 04:18 PM

Er?

BigTip
11/3/2013, 07:24 PM
Er?

As in....anything can happen in college ball.

Even the Texass fans were speculating on how much we were going to beat them by.

BoulderSooner79
11/3/2013, 08:21 PM
As in....anything can happen in college ball.

Even the Texass fans were speculating on how much we were going to beat them by.

I won money betting the ridiculous spread in that game. I was not even surprised that the horns won, just surprised at the margin. Having said that, I have no idea how the Baylor game will go. Baylor could be another untested TT or an honest to goodness world beater.

BigTip
11/3/2013, 08:42 PM
I have no idea how the Baylor game will go.

Exactly. The argument can be made how it will go either way.

Dan Thompson
11/3/2013, 09:04 PM
This might turn out to be like the #2 TT at OU a couple years ago, but I think it will be close.

sooneron
11/4/2013, 10:46 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/a-chance.gif

cherokeebrewer
11/4/2013, 12:11 PM
With the key injuries, the question becomes can our young defense get enough stops for our grind it out offense. Plus, can our offense score TD's instead of FG's in the red zone. My 'hope' factor is ok, but my confidence is low. I hate feeling this way!

OU_Sooners75
11/4/2013, 10:58 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't OU allow over 200 yards to Seastrunk last year while only allowing 175 yards passing?

What needs to happen is limit big plays and quick scores. We want Seastrunk to grind out 200 yards, but we also want to limit the passing yards after a catch!

The OU defense has got to get consistent pressure on Petty. We rattle his cage and OU wins!

Salt City Sooner
11/4/2013, 11:18 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't OU allow over 200 yards to Seastrunk last year while only allowing 175 yards passing?

What needs to happen is limit big plays and quick scores. We want Seastrunk to grind out 200 yards, but we also want to limit the passing yards after a catch!

The OU defense has got to get consistent pressure on Petty. We rattle his cage and OU wins!
Seastrunk himself didn't, but BU ran for over 250 as a team. I personally thought we were a bit fortunate that they came out (namely the 1st quarter) & were bent on throwing as much as they did, because once they discovered that they could run, they pretty much gashed us the rest of the game (over 230 of that 250 came in the last 3 quarters). This one was the one that initially really exposed the run D; the next week in Morgantown just accentuated it big time.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/5/2013, 07:51 AM
Last season, OU's rushing defense was pretty much exposed right out of the gate against UTEP.

I suspect Baylor will get a lot of rushing yards in this game as well as OU will try to take away the pass. Ideally, it would be better to take away the run game, but due to the injuries, OU is better equipped to take away the Baylor passing game. And you have to take one away or the other. If you try to neutralize/tame both, you will end up getting roasted in both.

Baylor does have a give and take from last year's offense. While Petty provides a stronger arm and more accurate deep ball, he does give up the running ability that Florence had. Baylor fans like to deny that by saying it's because Briles doesn't have Petty run much, but there is a reason for that and it's not because Petty doesn't need too, it's because he isn't near effective enough to be mentioned in the same breath as RG3 or Florence when it comes to running the ball.

Seastrunk had about 90 rushing yards last season and 2 rushing TDs and Florence had about 80 rushing yards last season and 1 rushing TD and Florence also picked up 4 first downs running the ball with only one of those being a short yardage run.

Baylor had 0 turnovers and Oklahoma had 2 turnovers. On one turnover, Landry threw a pick on the Oklahoma 27 yard line and on the other turnover, Damien Williams fumbled on the Baylor 37 yard line. Needless to say if that same 0-2 turnover deficit occurs in this game this year, Oklahoma will definitely lose.

8timechamps
11/5/2013, 04:55 PM
Last season, OU's rushing defense was pretty much exposed right out of the gate against UTEP.

I suspect Baylor will get a lot of rushing yards in this game as well as OU will try to take away the pass. Ideally, it would be better to take away the run game, but due to the injuries, OU is better equipped to take away the Baylor passing game. And you have to take one away or the other. If you try to neutralize/tame both, you will end up getting roasted in both.

Baylor does have a give and take from last year's offense. While Petty provides a stronger arm and more accurate deep ball, he does give up the running ability that Florence had. Baylor fans like to deny that by saying it's because Briles doesn't have Petty run much, but there is a reason for that and it's not because Petty doesn't need too, it's because he isn't near effective enough to be mentioned in the same breath as RG3 or Florence when it comes to running the ball.

Seastrunk had about 90 rushing yards last season and 2 rushing TDs and Florence had about 80 rushing yards last season and 1 rushing TD and Florence also picked up 4 first downs running the ball with only one of those being a short yardage run.

Baylor had 0 turnovers and Oklahoma had 2 turnovers. On one turnover, Landry threw a pick on the Oklahoma 27 yard line and on the other turnover, Damien Williams fumbled on the Baylor 37 yard line. Needless to say if that same 0-2 turnover deficit occurs in this game this year, Oklahoma will definitely lose.

Yep. OU will need to neutralize one aspect of their offense, and my guess is that it will be the passing attack. We have the players to match up with Baylor's skill positions (something they haven't seen yet this year), the only question is; can/will we?

I think Mike had a good game plan going into last year, but was trying to do too much with our defense. With the personnel and scheme we ran last year, it was either load the front or run a nickle/dime. This year, we are more versatile, and Baylor's tempo shouldn't be a problem. I believe last year's Baylor game was when the idea of the 3-3-5/3-4 was first considered by Mike. He realized (and was later verified) that it was going to be better to play these spread teams with more speed on the field, and hope to hold the running games down. We just didn't have the guys to do it last year (which is something I wouldn't have said going into last season).

We're going to get run on this Thursday. I suspect we'll give up something in the 200 yard range on the ground. But, I think that's going to be by design. I'd rather see Baylor try to beat us with the run. Not only does it keep the ball out of Petty's hand, but it eats more time on the clock.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/6/2013, 08:21 AM
Yep. OU will need to neutralize one aspect of their offense, and my guess is that it will be the passing attack. We have the players to match up with Baylor's skill positions (something they haven't seen yet this year), the only question is; can/will we?

I think Mike had a good game plan going into last year, but was trying to do too much with our defense. With the personnel and scheme we ran last year, it was either load the front or run a nickle/dime. This year, we are more versatile, and Baylor's tempo shouldn't be a problem. I believe last year's Baylor game was when the idea of the 3-3-5/3-4 was first considered by Mike. He realized (and was later verified) that it was going to be better to play these spread teams with more speed on the field, and hope to hold the running games down. We just didn't have the guys to do it last year (which is something I wouldn't have said going into last season).

We're going to get run on this Thursday. I suspect we'll give up something in the 200 yard range on the ground. But, I think that's going to be by design. I'd rather see Baylor try to beat us with the run. Not only does it keep the ball out of Petty's hand, but it eats more time on the clock.

I agree 100%. Good post.

swardboy
11/6/2013, 07:28 PM
I'm surprised how some fans on other national boards seem to think that Blake Bell's rushing is key to our game. The term "Belldozer" still has a hangover effect to the uninitiated that Bell's rushing is what our O is built around.

I'm praying that Clay, Ford, Finch, and Williams shock the world tomorrow night by keeping Baylor off the field and our butts in the endzone. Sleep well O-linemen.

SoonerorLater
11/6/2013, 08:04 PM
It seems to me we just have a really big match-up problem with the Baylor offense. If there was ever a game that demonstrated the value of a dominant DT this is it. How are we going to play these guys with a 3-4 front?

8timechamps
11/6/2013, 08:54 PM
It seems to me we just have a really big match-up problem with the Baylor offense. If there was ever a game that demonstrated the value of a dominant DT this is it. How are we going to play these guys with a 3-4 front?

We will absolutely have to have great play from our D-line and linebackers tomorrow. However, I think Mike is willing to give up something on the ground in an effort to limit their passing game (much like last year).

Playing a 3 man front to stop the run requires the DT to be extremely active, and the LBs to react quickly. Keep in mind though, even if we call it s 3 man front, Eric Striker is a DE for all intents and purpose in this defense. At the very least, he takes up a body in the run game, and that should open opportunities for Alexander and Shannon to make plays.

Jordan Wade and Torrea Peterson can go a long way in proving themselves tomorrow night.

Eielson
11/6/2013, 11:27 PM
I'd like our chances a lot better if we had Shannon, Nelson, and Phillips. If they were only a passing team it would be one thing, but we'll have our hands full with Seastrunk. I picked Seastrunk to win the Heisman coming in. I obviously overshot that one, but he's darn good. I'd also feel a lot more comfortable if we had a quarterback. It's hard to win a top 10 shootout with a quarterback like Bell.

I'm not buying too much into us being "battle-tested." I don't think that Tech is nearly as good as they were hyped up to be, and while ND is solid, I don't think they're top 25. They may have struggled with K-State a little bit, but they pulled one out against Snyder, and I'm not putting money on us coming out of Manhattan with a win.

I hate to be so negative. I think we COULD win this game, but I'm not optimistic like I was with Tech. I'm surprised Baylor is such a heavy favorite, though.

Eielson
11/6/2013, 11:29 PM
Agreed. And yet they still suck.

They might be the best team we've played, though.

AzianSooner
11/6/2013, 11:29 PM
win or lose, we will put up a really good fight.

OU_Sooners75
11/7/2013, 12:13 AM

Actually I like where our defense is at. It would be better with Phillips and Nelson, but the guys filling in have progressed very well every game.

I hate they got injured, but I'm glad they happened earlier than a week or two before this game.

That said, Wade has been playing pretty damn good here lately. He doesn't dominate like Phillips was, but he is doing pretty good.

Alexander has also been getting better. His problem isn't his ability, but his size and strength right now. But as a true freshman he is doing pretty good.

Key to this game is not having or DBs bite on play action. The secondary is going to have to play disciplined. And the coaches surely know not to play man up this game. Throw a lot of different zones at them. Press the WRs and get the timing off an hae a safety over the top. But also play a cover 3 or cover 4 when playing over the top, not a cover 2 so we don't get exposed deep in the middle.

ashley
11/7/2013, 08:57 AM
If our two linebackers and our one very weak corner hold up we could have a chance on defense. This is a big IF. On offense we will run the ball with our running backs and it would not surprise me if Knight gets some run plays. Bell is not good on the zone keep but Knight could make some big plays on it and a couple other designed runs. If we can do this and win the turnover battle we have a chance. also, too many field goals will not do it.

Okie35
11/7/2013, 11:12 AM
I'd like our chances a lot better if we had Shannon, Nelson, and Phillips. If they were only a passing team it would be one thing, but we'll have our hands full with Seastrunk. I picked Seastrunk to win the Heisman coming in. I obviously overshot that one, but he's darn good. I'd also feel a lot more comfortable if we had a quarterback. It's hard to win a top 10 shootout with a quarterback like Bell.

I'm not buying too much into us being "battle-tested." I don't think that Tech is nearly as good as they were hyped up to be, and while ND is solid, I don't think they're top 25. They may have struggled with K-State a little bit, but they pulled one out against Snyder, and I'm not putting money on us coming out of Manhattan with a win.

I hate to be so negative. I think we COULD win this game, but I'm not optimistic like I was with Tech. I'm surprised Baylor is such a heavy favorite, though.

KState was w/o two of their best players on offense. I think the heavy favorite tag is absolutely great :tranquillity:

Truth especially defense. Baylor was throwing against walk-on DBs @ KSU. I'm not worried about the pass game though. I'm worried about their run game.

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2013, 11:37 AM
If our two linebackers and our one very weak corner hold up we could have a chance on defense. This is a big IF. On offense we will run the ball with our running backs and it would not surprise me if Knight gets some run plays. Bell is not good on the zone keep but Knight could make some big plays on it and a couple other designed runs. If we can do this and win the turnover battle we have a chance. also, too many field goals will not do it.

We don't have a weak corner. All CBs get beat as the rules favor the offense. Good corners forget about the last play and will eventually burn the offense that keeps throwing that way.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/7/2013, 11:47 AM
What do we have to lose, except the game? I say we go ahead and play it.

Come on, Sooner Magic!!!

Okie35
11/7/2013, 12:19 PM
I think Martin will be a bigger factor than Seatrunk. Baylor will definitely follow the whorns suit w/ running both. Martin will be in on 3rd and short, I'm sure.