PDA

View Full Version : well who would have thought...the 18 yrd isn't half bad...lol

Soonerjeepman
10/28/2013, 12:07 PM
we played a competitive team yesterday...their coach is a scout for the White Sox and colleges. Said the kid had a pretty good arm and lots of potential. Course like he told the boy, potential is just that...without hard work.

I'm a bit shocked and surprised. His HS coach has never said or seen much I guess. Both the Indy CC coach and this guy both said he is pretty good. We'll see.

8timechamps
10/28/2013, 08:04 PM
we played a competitive team yesterday...their coach is a scout for the White Sox and colleges. Said the kid had a pretty good arm and lots of potential. Course like he told the boy, potential is just that...without hard work.

I'm a bit shocked and surprised. His HS coach has never said or seen much I guess. Both the Indy CC coach and this guy both said he is pretty good. We'll see.

Not surprised that his HS coach hasn't said anything. A lot of those guys are really too into the team to really notice a single kid's ability. There's something about high school baseball coaches that is different than any other sport's coaches. Not sure why it's like that.

Anyway, if he has received interest from a coach at the next level, then he has ability. I have a client that coaches college baseball, and he told me he never talks about a kid possibly coming if there is no chance, or he doesn't really have the ability. His words were "we don't have enough time or resources to **** around with that kind of thing".

Soonerjeepman
10/28/2013, 08:31 PM
lol...yeah totally agree. I'll admit this past summer ball season and fall ball he has stepped up in his approach to working out, throwing, etc. So I'll give his HS coach that..although he did coach him this summer but not fall.

He'll be the #1 guy this season in HS...on a crappy team. That's the beauty...he just takes care of business he'll be fine. Pretty sure he has an offer from Independence CC, we are going down here in a couple of weeks. He has a pro-style showcase at Kansas City Kansas CC this sat. It will be interesting to see how he does.