PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Stills

freshchris05
10/28/2013, 10:56 AM
3 Receptions for 129 yards and 2 TDS. Not bad...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013102704/2013/REG8/bills@saints#menu=highlights&tab=recap

BoulderSooner79
10/28/2013, 11:21 AM
Still hit the jackpot when he got drafted by the Saints. He was never given enough credit for his talents here because he marched to a different drummer. But he is a tough, talented player.

EatLeadCommie
10/28/2013, 11:25 AM
He is immensely talented, but was always inconsistent.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/28/2013, 12:05 PM
The first touchdown was a complete busted coverage, but he made a nice play on the second one, outfighting the defender for the ball on a 3rd and 20.

He definitely got drafted into a good situation, but he's done what he needed to do to make himself the third WR.

badger
10/28/2013, 12:12 PM
I am very happy for Kenny. I suspected that he wouldn't make it even on a roster due to some attitude moments (we've all seen them so no need to list em) and being a mid/late-round draft pick. I said as much last preseason, then took it all back after an amazing preseason touchdown grab.

I would like to once again recant, rescind and re-apologize for ever doubting Kenny's pro prospects. Won't you all do the same too :)

picasso
10/28/2013, 02:14 PM
Yeah because nobody with an attitude problem makes it in the NFL.

badger
10/28/2013, 03:32 PM

They're a little more tolerant of the first round picks with the franchise tags and the guaranteed money than fifth rounders

picasso
10/28/2013, 05:23 PM
Ohhh that league is chock full of Kenny Stills types.

stoopified
10/28/2013, 06:08 PM
Good job Kenny

SoonerForLife92
10/28/2013, 06:18 PM
I am very happy for Kenny. I suspected that he wouldn't make it even on a roster due to some attitude moments (we've all seen them so no need to list em) and being a mid/late-round draft pick. I said as much last preseason, then took it all back after an amazing preseason touchdown grab.

I would like to once again recant, rescind and re-apologize for ever doubting Kenny's pro prospects. Won't you all do the same too :)

Yea I said in the last Stills thread that I didn't think he was ready for the NFL when he left early. I had doubts and he has thus proven me wrong. Happy for him as well.

freshchris05
10/28/2013, 06:24 PM
Kenny left SoCal to win a NC at Oklahoma and go to the NFL. He never got the chance for the championship. Reading this forum, I'd like to think we can all relate to the frustration.

BoulderSooner79
10/28/2013, 06:31 PM
Stills was a big thorn in the side of horn fans everywhere, and for that we thanks him.

Collier11
10/28/2013, 06:46 PM

This is the exact issue with some of you...Kenny Stills was a model teammate and player at OU. Some old crusties didn't like his eccentric nature, but he was a good teammate and played hard

picasso
10/28/2013, 09:00 PM
This is the exact issue with some of you...Kenny Stills was a model teammate and player at OU. Some old crusties didn't like his eccentric nature, but he was a good teammate and played hard

Me? I'm actually an artist and can paint cooler **** than all his tats.

picasso
10/28/2013, 09:01 PM
And I've always been a big fan of his.

Collier11
10/28/2013, 10:17 PM
Me? I'm actually an artist and can paint cooler **** than all his tats.

LOL...well maybe you aren't included but that attitude that you spoke in your post is what we hear a lot, and it simply wasn't true

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/28/2013, 11:01 PM

I don't think the words "played hard" mean what you think they mean. To me, that means they go 100% every single down. Now, if you mean "played hard" in that he busted his butt when the ball was guaranteed coming his way (whether blocking or receiving) I agree with you. You can get away with that in the Pros, but in college football its just another key for the other team.

picasso
10/28/2013, 11:33 PM
LOL...well maybe you aren't included but that attitude that you spoke in your post is what we hear a lot, and it simply wasn't true

He did some stupid Rhett Bomar stuff his frosh year. Go back and look in case you've forgotten.
I've always liked him myself.

picasso
10/28/2013, 11:35 PM
And I was actually on here defending him for being cocky. I think that's what makes some players go.

SOONER44EVER
10/29/2013, 12:45 AM
And he didn't even have to go crazy and be restrained by his teammates on the sideline.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/29/2013, 10:50 AM
Kenny was a kid and did some stupid stuff early in his time at OU. When the Saints drafted I know Payton does his homework and figured he must be past those issues, because Payton isn't much for putting up with head cases, Jeremy Shockey aside. So far Kenny's played well and kept his nose clean. He spent time up in Moore after rookie mini camp helping with the clean up and I've heard him say nothing but positive things about his time at OU.

OkieThunderLion
10/29/2013, 08:41 PM
He is immensely talented, but was always inconsistent.

Yeah, great vertical stretch and generally dependable.

But would go thru stretches with super routine drops.

OkieThunderLion
10/29/2013, 08:44 PM
Kenny was a kid and did some stupid stuff early in his time at OU. When the Saints drafted I know Payton does his homework and figured he must be past those issues, because Payton isn't much for putting up with head cases, Jeremy Shockey aside. So far Kenny's played well and kept his nose clean. He spent time up in Moore after rookie mini camp helping with the clean up and I've heard him say nothing but positive things about his time at OU.

What did he do, other than DUI?

Collier11
10/30/2013, 07:52 PM
I don't think the words "played hard" mean what you think they mean. To me, that means they go 100% every single down. Now, if you mean "played hard" in that he busted his butt when the ball was guaranteed coming his way (whether blocking or receiving) I agree with you. You can get away with that in the Pros, but in college football its just another key for the other team.

I don't recall him taking any plays off, I recall him dropping some passes and having concentration issues. I also recall him blocking his butt off and making some huge plays for us. Not saying I have all the facts, but that is what I took from his career

BoulderSooner79
10/30/2013, 08:37 PM
I don't recall him taking any plays off, I recall him dropping some passes and having concentration issues. I also recall him blocking his butt off and making some huge plays for us. Not saying I have all the facts, but that is what I took from his career

He may have taken some plays off, but I recall many instances where fans here claimed it when it wasn't true. One example was that bad pick LJ threw in the KSU game last year. Some fans said Stills gave up on that ball when it was at least 10' over his head.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/30/2013, 10:04 PM

So think about it this way. We have the Savage/Fagan crew that IMO were the bar for hustle. They busted their tail on every play whether the ball was coming their way or not. Then on the other hand we have the Iglesias/Malcolm Kelly crew that set the bar for laziness. They wouldn't lift a finger unless the ball was coming to them. Stills was somewhere in the middle with him having games where not only did he disappear in the receiving column but he also disappeared on blocking.

As an aside, does anyone else see a correlation between Manziel's attitude and Kelly/Iglesias in 2007? Sumlin runs a loose ship.

sooneron
10/31/2013, 11:12 AM
I have no issues with what Kenny did on the field, for the most part. I have heard that he was a major tool on campus. My sis had a couple of classes with him.

I like Kenny the player.

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/31/2013, 11:16 AM
So think about it this way. We have the Savage/Fagan crew that IMO were the bar for hustle. They busted their tail on every play whether the ball was coming their way or not. Then on the other hand we have the Iglesias/Malcolm Kelly crew that set the bar for laziness. They wouldn't lift a finger unless the ball was coming to them. Stills was somewhere in the middle with him having games where not only did he disappear in the receiving column but he also disappeared on blocking.

As an aside, does anyone else see a correlation between Manziel's attitude and Kelly/Iglesias in 2007? Sumlin runs a loose ship.

Kenny did lays some nice blocks in his time here, though.

BlownGP
10/31/2013, 11:13 PM

He wouldn't be on the Saints if he he was a trouble. I will agree it did come off hot headed at OU, but he was damn good and got better once he figured out how to play without Broyles....

Like I've been saying on the Saints forum. He will shine with Saints, you have to with Brees. It just wont be every game, Saints like to spread the ball around and ever game is about match ups.

Im so happy he had a good game, because it gets that mind set out of Payton and Drew that you dont have to force the ball to Jimmy Graham or Sproles every time..

Collier11
11/1/2013, 08:31 PM
Ya, the Saints are such a beacon of good behavior :rolleyes:

BlownGP
11/1/2013, 10:47 PM
Ya, the Saints are such a beacon of good behavior :rolleyes:

Prove to me they are not, because GODell never did....

Collier11
11/3/2013, 04:11 PM
ya, ok