PDA

View Full Version : Baylor

Dan Thompson
10/27/2013, 01:41 PM
The only teams they have beat, that are not door mats, are WV and KSt (35-25)

Widescreen
10/27/2013, 01:56 PM
They're #1 in scoring offense and #6 in scoring defense. I don't care who you're playing, that's impressive. We can rationalize all we want but based on what I've seen, Baylor is better than us this year. I still think we can beat them but we're going to have to run the ball well and be maybe +2 on turnovers.

EatLeadCommie
10/27/2013, 02:08 PM
They are going to kill us. I'm regretting the fact that I'm going to that game this year. The GF is a Baylor alumna too. Ugh. So much pain in the next few weeks.

ihatehorns
10/27/2013, 05:04 PM
Id expect us to be at least a 10 point dawg in this game. I don't remember a game In the stoops era where we showed up as an underdog in a big game and didn't play one of our best games of the year. I expect no different in this game.

SicEmBaylor
10/27/2013, 05:20 PM
They are going to kill us. I'm regretting the fact that I'm going to that game this year. The GF is a Baylor alumna too. Ugh. So much pain in the next few weeks.
You're dating up.

SicEmBaylor
10/27/2013, 05:20 PM
Id expect us to be at least a 10 point dawg in this game. I don't remember a game In the stoops era where we showed up as an underdog in a big game and didn't play one of our best games of the year. I expect no different in this game.

It'll be a dog fight regardless of your anemic offense.

King Crimson
10/27/2013, 05:31 PM
bu probably wins but they are still lamer than anything.

others are saying Mikey is back to defend this kind of O.....but i think a run/pass option is the weakness for the Stoopses. i think we get behind early, come back enough to tease but key injuries are too much. i like our playmakers on O with saunders and shep....but i don't think it's enough in a high scoring game.

I Am Right
10/27/2013, 06:09 PM
110- 0

EatLeadCommie
10/27/2013, 06:34 PM

others are saying Mikey is back to defend this kind of O.....but i think a run/pass option is the weakness for the Stoopses. i think we get behind early, come back enough to tease but key injuries are too much. i like our playmakers on O with saunders and shep....but i don't think it's enough in a high scoring game.

What kind of O is that? Baylor can pass AND run. Seastrunk will probably have 100 on us by halftime.

Soonerfossil
10/27/2013, 06:34 PM
Some of the same people posting here though OU would blow Texas out. Remember what happened in that one. So, if you think
Baylor is gonna blow OU out, you might be right, but don't count on it. Until the game is played, nobody's gonna know for sure.

OU_Sooners75
10/27/2013, 11:16 PM

You better stock up on green and yellow then. Because your Sooner Fan card is about to be revoked!

OU_Sooners75
10/27/2013, 11:23 PM

What kind of O is that? Baylor can pass AND run. Seastrunk will probably have 100 on us by halftime.

It's an actual offense...I know you're stupid when it comes to football...but a run/pass option offense keys on two defenders. One is the DE (for zone reads to the RB) and the other is one of the LBs, usually a middle backer (this read determines if petty flares it out or throws a slant.

Rarely has Baylor done a lot of down field passing this year. Yes they have thrown deep. But 98% of their passes seem to be short routes with a lot of yards after the catch. They read a couple of defenders and that determines what they do.

Also a good note. I haven't seen much up the gut or middle running by Seastrunk. Though I'm sure he can do just fine there too.

The injuries are concerning. But OUs defense is designed to slow down and stop this type of offense. OU will need to be fundamentally sound and tackle very well.

If KSU can slow them down, OU should be able to stop them!

soonergirlNeugene
10/27/2013, 11:27 PM
Toughest game on the schedule imo. That it's a Thursday night game and w/ Millard added to the injured list, any Sooner fan should be concerned.

OU_Sooners75
10/27/2013, 11:31 PM
Toughest game on the schedule imo. That it's a Thursday night game and w/ Millard added to the injured list, any Sooner fan should be concerned.

I'm not concerned. If we lose, we lose.

I already know we have a joke of an OC. But I like the week off. Stoops has done an unbelievable job with a bye week. Losing what seems to be only 2 or 3 times coming off a bye week.

And like it or not, Stoops still has a brilliant defensive mind.

The loss of Millard sucks. But it isn't an end all injury either. Just means either a WR or RB will get one or two more touches a game the rest of the season. Also means Green will be out there playing TE more often now.

Wow a true TE being used? Who'd think it?

Soonerjeepman
10/28/2013, 08:31 AM
I'm in the 50/50 camp...could go either way. I do think our D is playing well. Young guys will have an extra week to prepare. I'm honestly more worried about osu and even ksu.

But it's college fball...so I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

badger
10/28/2013, 08:43 AM
BaylorFans.com circa 2006: "Baylor Football Sucks" (http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113802)

BF.com circa 2004: "Baylor Sucks" (http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61382)

If we want to start hating Baylor a week early, I'm game :D

thecrimsoncrusader
10/28/2013, 08:53 AM
Baylor's current injury status for the season is their 3rd string tight-end has a hang-nail. I think it's time for Baylor to have a lot of bad luck all in one game and preferably in the 1st quarter.

sooneron
10/28/2013, 09:01 AM
I'd feel better if Baylor were playing this weekend. They're not, so they're going to be looking for ways to beat us. Whereas, we will be looking for ways to slow them down. Not my favorite recipe.

Position Limit
10/28/2013, 09:09 AM
I'm not concerned. If we lose, we lose.

I already know we have a joke of an OC. But I like the week off. Stoops has done an unbelievable job with a bye week. Losing what seems to be only 2 or 3 times coming off a bye week.

And like it or not, Stoops still has a brilliant defensive mind.

The loss of Millard sucks. But it isn't an end all injury either. Just means either a WR or RB will get one or two more touches a game the rest of the season. Also means Green will be out there playing TE more often now.

Wow a true TE being used? Who'd think it?

i like the way you think. i too think the defense will be fine/impress. i worry about offensive play calling.

badger
10/28/2013, 09:59 AM
Thanks Lloyd Christmas for pointing this out.

I have a message for our beloved baptists in Waco. I would appreciate it if someone who goes to their site would link up and send them a message for me.

I want to tell them that I admire them. I admire the fact that they are better fans than we are. I admire them because they've been through so much these past years.

Chuck Reedy, Dave Roberts, Kevin Steele and now Guy Morriss.

Why can't we get better coaches here, they ask? Why can't we get better recruits here? We pray, we pay, we cheer, we wear green, we travel back to Waco now and then, we fly our little flags with our little foam fingers. We care. We want to win.

I want them to read this while the lingering defeat still stings in their loins. I have the answer to these questions. You can read my response and then go have a better life with the satisfaction of having this knowledge.

The reason you can't have better coaches and better recruits is simple.

You're Baylor.

You're not the Aggies or the Whorns. You're not even close. You can't even compete with Tard. TCU? Forget it. I know you're all passionate.

But you're Baylor.

I know you think I'm just running smack, but really I'm not.

You're Baylor.

Say it.

I'm Baylor.

I'm Baylor.

You're getting it.

I'm Baylor. I beat A&M one year out of 20+. Not much better against the other Texas schools. I'm not going to get any better. Really. I'm not. I'm Baylor.

I'm that kid that nobody picked to be on their team. But at that Fall Festival that year, I paid my $10 and dunked the captain of the football team in that dunking booth when he laughed at me for throwing like a girl. And it felt good.

I'm Baylor.

I got voted Most Likely to Succeed from the brass section of the band, and I made them proud by being accepted into a school lower ranked than the other Texas schools. But I paid more than the other kids did.

I'm Baylor.

I went to school in the worst city in this great state. They had to put a school here because otherwise, we'd all have to be Temple College fans.

I'm Baylor.

Notice how I didn't mention Koresh or people who died in your city. You shouldn't mention people who died in my bonfire. Ever again. Because these people are our brothers and sisters, and our pain for them is real.

But you won't do that anymore because now you know who you are.

You're not getting any better.

You'll never be worth mentioning on ESPN except when you take your annual asskicking by your fellow Texas schools you piggybacked into this great conference (our most sincere apologies to TCU).

You're Baylor.

And you'll be watching your daddies during the bowl season.

Decorate your trees and trim them with the green and gold. Spend Christmas with nighttime dreams of candy canes, Jolly St. Nick and an upset at Kyle or against Texas next year.

And then wake up. Take a whizz. Comb your hair. Kiss your kids.

And then remember what I told you.

You're Baylor.
Also, guess who got injured again yesterday:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-n0pepigMtGg/Um2a-ahQdbI/AAAAAAAAC9w/xyy1rYmrUT8/s400/vmill22.gif

badger
10/28/2013, 10:37 AM
RG3: The greatest Baylor has to offer the NFL
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/culture_test/rg3%20injury%20apimages.jpg
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1188985!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/griffin22s-1-web.jpg
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/749/426/hi-res-hi-res-155477391_crop_650x440.jpg?1352772150
http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/fn2/feeds/Associated%20Press/2013/10/14/660/371/c0ec32b0a4a52222400f6a7067001bab.jpg?ve=1
http://binaryapi.ap.org/364cb613e2d94692973183df644f3881/460x.jpg

Bourbon St Sooner
10/28/2013, 10:43 AM
I like being an underdog against a team that's never been there and still isn't sure if they belong. BB needs to be better in the 1st quarter than he was Saturday. We need to get a lead.

badger
10/28/2013, 10:48 AM
Real reason Mike Singletary didn't want to coach Baylor. Ugly uniforms then, ugly uniforms now:
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/832/014/83290563_display_image.jpg?1301955095
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41xei%2B%2BFJPL._SY300_.jpg

LesNessman
10/28/2013, 05:08 PM
Some of the same people posting here though OU would blow Texas out. Remember what happened in that one. So, if you think
Baylor is gonna blow OU out, you might be right, but don't count on it. Until the game is played, nobody's gonna know for sure.
This.
Of course I would never like to equate OU with Texas, but in this circumstance I hope the result is similar.
And I think the Baylor defense can and will be worn down.

SicEmBaylor
10/28/2013, 05:11 PM
Real reason Mike Singletary didn't want to coach Baylor. Ugly uniforms then, ugly uniforms now:
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/832/014/83290563_display_image.jpg?1301955095
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41xei%2B%2BFJPL._SY300_.jpg
He did want to coach at Baylor, but his asking price was astronomical considering his complete lack of coaching experience. Ian was never big on the hire, but he was obligated to hear his terms because so many were pushing for MS behind the scenes. I was always 100% against hiring Singletary....at the time, I favored hiring Houston Nutt. I'm glad Ian went with Briles. This is why fans shouldn't make hiring decisions.

SicEmBaylor
10/28/2013, 05:13 PM
This.
Of course I would never like to equate OU with Texas, but in this circumstance I hope the result is similar.
And I think the Baylor defense can and will be worn down.

From what? :D 3-and-out Bell?

TheHumanAlphabet
10/29/2013, 05:48 AM
It'll be a dog fight regardless of your anemic offense.
Sic 'Em... While I too wonder if OU is out matched, all I can think of are the UT fans and OU fans that were sure the game would go one way...Not saying Baylor won't win and I am not confident in which OU team will show up, but I do remember the saxet game...

sooner46
10/29/2013, 10:02 AM
I am looking for three plays and score Bell.

olevetonahill
10/29/2013, 10:08 AM
I am looking for three plays and score Bell.

Im just hoping Bell will live up to the Hype that afew here shower him with.
If he spots em the 1st 1/4 before he starts doing shat right, we will be Buried.

Dan Thompson
10/29/2013, 11:48 AM
KU was ahead going into the 4th qtr. BU scored 3 of their TDs where on long passes, 93 yrds, 72 yrds, and 54 yrds.

Soonerjeepman
10/29/2013, 11:58 AM
KU was ahead going into the 4th qtr. BU scored 3 of their TDs where on long passes, 93 yrds, 72 yrds, and 54 yrds.

ummm...ku?

thecrimsoncrusader
10/29/2013, 12:03 PM
ummm...ku?

Yeah, the other KU.

badger
10/29/2013, 12:30 PM
Baylor: The storied Big 12 football program, a history:

1996: Ann Richards and her political cronies weasel Baylor into the Big 12; SicEm screeches like a banshee about how untrue that rumor is ever since

1996: Baylor fires coach Reedy after going 4-7, including 1-7 in the Big 12; loses to OU
1997-1998: Baylor fires coach Dave Roberts, who told players that "they were about as bad a football team as there is right now in America;" he had 2 wins in each season, went 1-7 in the Big 12, and lost to OU twice
1999-2002: Baylor fires coach Steele, who continued losing for Baylor after getting fired mid-2002 season. Had a single Big 12 victory in all of those years (lol Kansas sucks), and several loses to OU.
2003-2007: Baylor fires coach Guy Morriss, who averaged one Big 12 win per season (but 2007 had no Big 12 victories). Does not defeat OU. Ever.
2008: Art Briles leads Baylor... to a 4-win season with two Big 12 victories, neither of which is against OU. No bowl for you, Baylor!
2009: Another four-win Baylor season for Art Briles! And no, there was no OU victory among those four. NO BOWL FOR YOU!
2010: BAYLOR LOSES A BOWL GAME! And they also lose to OU, who scored 50+ on them, like usual.
2012: Art Briles, dripping with mediocrity, loses to OU 42-34 because his team was looking ahead to next week's KSU matchup. That's probably what's going to happen this season as they face Klifftech after OU.

Concluding, Baylor is mediocre. This very thorough and complete timeline shows Baylor repeatedly firing coaches, repeatedly losing to OU and other Big 12 teams, repeatedly missing the postseason, all within its Big 12 years. Perhaps it should just give up on the Big 12 so we can go Pac-ing as originally planned?

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2013, 03:01 PM
KSU. Honestly, after reading most of your posts, I'm reasonably certain you've never seen a football game in your entire life.

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2013, 03:01 PM
Baylor: The storied Big 12 football program, a history:

1996: Ann Richards and her political cronies weasel Baylor into the Big 12; SicEm screeches like a banshee about how untrue that rumor is ever since

1996: Baylor fires coach Reedy after going 4-7, including 1-7 in the Big 12; loses to OU
1997-1998: Baylor fires coach Dave Roberts, who told players that "they were about as bad a football team as there is right now in America;" he had 2 wins in each season, went 1-7 in the Big 12, and lost to OU twice
1999-2002: Baylor fires coach Steele, who continued losing for Baylor after getting fired mid-2002 season. Had a single Big 12 victory in all of those years (lol Kansas sucks), and several loses to OU.
2003-2007: Baylor fires coach Guy Morriss, who averaged one Big 12 win per season (but 2007 had no Big 12 victories). Does not defeat OU. Ever.
2008: Art Briles leads Baylor... to a 4-win season with two Big 12 victories, neither of which is against OU. No bowl for you, Baylor!
2009: Another four-win Baylor season for Art Briles! And no, there was no OU victory among those four. NO BOWL FOR YOU!
2010: BAYLOR LOSES A BOWL GAME! And they also lose to OU, who scored 50+ on them, like usual.
2012: Art Briles, dripping with mediocrity, loses to OU 42-34 because his team was looking ahead to next week's KSU matchup. That's probably what's going to happen this season as they face Klifftech after OU.

Concluding, Baylor is mediocre. This very thorough and complete timeline shows Baylor repeatedly firing coaches, repeatedly losing to OU and other Big 12 teams, repeatedly missing the postseason, all within its Big 12 years. Perhaps it should just give up on the Big 12 so we can go Pac-ing as originally planned?

IT WAS NOT F'N ANN RICHARDS!!!! IT WAS BOB F'N BULLOCK FOR THE 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000TH TIME!!!!!

badger
10/29/2013, 03:11 PM
Oh really, SicEM? Then what is Ann Richards doing wearing... A BAYLOR JERSEY?! (http://dougorama.net/avatar/ann.jpg)

(Nobody else click on that or you'll be mad at me)

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2013, 03:13 PM
Oh really, SicEM? Then what is Ann Richards doing wearing... A BAYLOR JERSEY?! (http://dougorama.net/avatar/ann.jpg)

(Nobody else click on that or you'll be mad at me)

Ann Richards graduated from Baylor but could not have given two flying ****s about either Baylor or, most especially, Baylor athletics (except maybe the women's soccer team if you know what I mean). Bob Bullock wanted Tech and Baylor bundled with UT and Aggie. And, insofar as that goes, Baylor was #3 to Tech's #4.

badger
10/29/2013, 03:17 PM
I like that when you upload this thread you get all those large photos of RG3 getting sacked repeatedly at the top of this page :D

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1276406/DUK-1__ND_on_Brazos_.jpg

badger
10/29/2013, 03:23 PM
http://depressedfans.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/bu-translator.jpg?w=490
http://depressedfans.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/bu-bowl-graph.jpg?w=490

Dan Thompson
10/29/2013, 03:56 PM
SicEmBaylor

Like your football team, you would loose.

olevetonahill
10/29/2013, 03:59 PM
SicEmBaylor

What would He turn LOOSE?

OU_Sooners75
10/29/2013, 04:53 PM
They're #1 in scoring offense and #6 in scoring defense. I don't care who you're playing, that's impressive. We can rationalize all we want but based on what I've seen, Baylor is better than us this year. I still think we can beat them but we're going to have to run the ball well and be maybe +2 on turnovers.

Let's get real here. Their defense looks good against teams that have been put well behind the 8 ball early and had to get away from their game plan to try to catch up.

The only team that was able to control that was KSU and frankly even with our injuries we are a better team defensively and offensively than KSU.

Because Baylor was able to get out in a hurry on all but one game, it inflates their defensive numbers.

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2013, 05:02 PM
SicEmBaylor

http://i.imgflip.com/1ixvo.gif

olevetonahill
10/29/2013, 05:04 PM
http://i.imgflip.com/1ixvo.gif

Ya screwed it up There bear cub.

badger
10/30/2013, 12:22 PM
oh you like gifs, eh? here ya go:
http://picasion.com/pic75/75c010e6da6608fd7a4b18916b462488.gif

badger
11/1/2013, 12:17 PM
I apologize on behalf of the rest of the message board not hating Baylor enough with less than one week to go :mad:

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i50/5/6/12/frabz-Baylors-busy-schedule-Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday-Friday-T-db9f2f.jpg
http://www.troll.me/images/carlton/no-i-dont-play-a-sport-yes-my-parents-pay-baylor.jpg
http://cdn.meme.li/i/oz74q.jpg
http://i.qkme.me/35zhr8.jpg
http://baylorlariat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/AnatomyOfABaylorFan-640x653.jpeg
http://www.troll.me/images/admiral-ackbar-relationship-expert/baylor-champs-its-a-tarp-thumb.jpg

badger
11/1/2013, 01:30 PM
sh!t just got real, folks:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BX6UvPtCYAE9K5I.jpg
yes, they are removing the south endzone tarp and gonna sell those seats to our game

SicEmBaylor
11/1/2013, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfDiBQqIF80&feature=youtu.be

SicEmBaylor
11/2/2013, 04:06 AM
This is your competition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Qk9DdM21g