PDA

View Full Version : Frank Sannon Injury?

8timechamps
10/26/2013, 10:42 PM
I've looked and contacted everyone/thing I have t ofind out what happened to Shannon, ang haven't gotten anything. DId he start the game today, and get hurt, or was he hurt prior to the game? I wasn't paying a lot of attention the first few minutes of the game, and I must have missed his injury. Or, was is something else? Anyone know anything about him?

Evans did a solid job tonight, and once he gets bulked up, he could end up being really good, so I was very pleased with the way the LBs played today. Just didnt know what happened.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/26/2013, 10:49 PM
I've looked and contacted everyone/thing I have t ofind out what happened to Shannon, ang haven't gotten anything. DId he start the game today, and get hurt, or was he hurt prior to the game? I wasn't paying a lot of attention the first few minutes of the game, and I must have missed his injury. Or, was is something else? Anyone know anything about him?

Evans did a solid job tonight, and once he gets bulked up, he could end up being really good, so I was very pleased with the way the LBs played today. Just didnt know what happened.

I believe he started the game and got injured very early in the game. No idea on the injury or the extent of it. The fact that he didn't come back in isn't the greatest of signs in a game like this. At least OU has a bye next weekend.

Eielson
10/26/2013, 10:49 PM
He's got a cast on his hand. Not sure if that's why.

boomersooner28
10/27/2013, 12:22 PM
He did start, injured very early. Didn't look like much contact. Weird.

8timechamps
10/27/2013, 02:47 PM
He's got a cast on his hand. Not sure if that's why.

He's been playing with a cast since Notre Dame, but it could be a re-injury. Just not sure.

OkieThunderLion
10/27/2013, 03:26 PM
Dvoracek said the were looking at his ribs. But also heard leg/ankle.

Therealsouthsider
10/27/2013, 03:38 PM

...okay, so that covers 2/3 of his body...at least we can rule out concussion :friendly_wink:

ss

8timechamps
10/27/2013, 08:00 PM
I have no idea how I missed him getting injured. I think I was so emotionally worked up at the start of the game, that it went right by me. Jordan Evans did a very good job in his place (much better than I was expecting). Who'd have thought we'd have two true freshmen at linebacker against Tech, and still pull out the win?

OkieThunderLion
10/29/2013, 08:46 PM
Spleen, so I guess Dvo was on the right track.

OU_Sooners75
10/29/2013, 11:34 PM
Stoops said it wasn't his spleen. Just a deep soft tissue bruise.

They thought it might have been his spleen and took him to hospital to make sure. And it wasn't.

Ruf/Nek7
10/30/2013, 11:38 AM
He will be good to go for Baylor as well as Jaz Reynolds.

birddog
10/30/2013, 12:01 PM
Anyone have the skinny on hatari byrd?

ddub0224
10/30/2013, 12:28 PM
Anyone have the skinny on hatari byrd?

Yeah, wasn't he being talked about during camp as competing to be a starter?

Widescreen
10/30/2013, 12:54 PM
Yeah, wasn't he being talked about during camp as competing to be a starter?
It seems like HE was doing a lot of talking about being a starter.

8timechamps
10/30/2013, 02:50 PM
It seems like HE was doing a lot of talking about being a starter.

He said that Mike told him he would start some his freshman year (during recruiting). Only Hatari and Mike know if that was true, but even through two-a-days, Mike Stoops made it sound like Byrd would be leaned on this year. So far, not much.

While jkm may not agree, I think Lynn and Hayes have played well enough that we haven't had to use the young guys. I still believe Byrd and Ahmad Thomas will be players for us.

Scott D
10/30/2013, 05:49 PM
Stoops said it wasn't his spleen. Just a deep soft tissue bruise.

They thought it might have been his spleen and took him to hospital to make sure. And it wasn't.

so in other words they removed it ;)

PalmBeachSooner
10/31/2013, 04:30 PM
so in other words they removed it ;)

What else are you going to do with a busted spleen?