PDA

View Full Version : Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch........

DrZaius
10/26/2013, 08:14 PM
Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch Finch

22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22

That is all...

Judge Smails
10/26/2013, 08:16 PM
When he was a freshman I predicted to someone he would someday win the Heisman. Then it was like it was abducted for 3 years.......

dossett5
10/26/2013, 08:21 PM
I wondered this also, great all purpose back runs hard, difficult to find coming out of the backfield as a receiver with great hands. Played quite a bit his first few games his first year and then disappeared. I head nothing about injury so I assumed he got sideways with Bid Daddy Bob. Does anybody know what happened to him.

DrZaius
10/26/2013, 08:26 PM
His running in the 4th was awesome.

As far as where has he been, I had read that he had 'attitude issues' but that is all I know.

swardboy
10/26/2013, 08:28 PM
Release the Finch!

landrun
10/26/2013, 09:10 PM
He consistently gets more yards per carry than any other back. It makes no sense to bench the guy.

This is one of those coaching decisions that drives me nuts!

Blue
10/26/2013, 09:20 PM
Coulda been the next Sproles.

BigTip
10/26/2013, 10:00 PM
He's by far the most fun to watch. Like a waterbug. Never know which way he's going to move.

SCOUT
10/26/2013, 10:02 PM
I am a huge Finch fan. I also understand that he isn't the next Sproles. He is down at first contact close to 100% of the time. Yes, he is very elusive, but yards after contact matter.

I wish Finch got more carries, but he isn't a lone back type of player.

dennis580
10/26/2013, 10:05 PM
I am a huge Finch fan. I also understand that he isn't the next Sproles. He is down at first contact close to 100% of the time. Yes, he is very elusive, but yards after contact matter.

I wish Finch got more carries, but he isn't a lone back type of player.

Do you actually watch him. Finch is tough runner who breaks plenty of tackles, and also powers forward for extra yards after contact.

SCOUT
10/26/2013, 10:13 PM
Do you actually watch him. Finch is tough runner who breaks plenty of tackles, and also powers forward for extra yards after contact.

I do actually watch him. You are referring to pile moving which is due to the linemen pushing him forward. He is tackled on first contact very often.

He is indeed a tough runner, but I would challenge you to show two instances where he has broken a tackle.

sooneron
10/26/2013, 10:27 PM
He consistently gets more yards per carry than any other back. It makes no sense to bench the guy.

This is one of those coaching decisions that drives me nuts!
Word has ALWAYS been that he has ball security issues since his frosh year. Pay tention! as vet would say.

Soonerwake
10/26/2013, 10:51 PM
He hits the hole soooo much faster than any of our other backs. And, it's not even close..

SCOUT
10/26/2013, 11:33 PM
In my opinion, he does hit the whole faster than anyone else. He also avoids the first hit better than anyone else. However, most of the defenders he faces can curl with one hand what he weighs.

I love him. He is in my top three favorite players right now, I just understand what he is.

Flagstaffsooner
10/27/2013, 06:43 AM
Coulda been the next Sproles.

Q

dennis580
10/27/2013, 07:00 AM
I do actually watch him. You are referring to pile moving which is due to the linemen pushing him forward. He is tackled on first contact very often.

He is indeed a tough runner, but I would challenge you to show two instances where he has broken a tackle.

You can find at least 2 instances in todays game.

Sooner70
10/27/2013, 09:06 AM
".....and the Squirrel is loose!....." , Toby Rowland--Sooner Football Network

DrZaius
10/27/2013, 09:53 AM
".....and the Squirrel is loose!....." , Toby Rowland--Sooner Football Network

I like that

rock on sooner
10/27/2013, 10:16 AM
Word has ALWAYS been that he has ball security issues since his frosh year. Pay tention! as vet would say.

That and blocking on pass protection...seems to have fixed em, tho...

hawaii 5-0
10/27/2013, 11:52 AM
Joe Washington was easy to bring down.............................if you ever got your hands on him.

5-0

picasso
10/27/2013, 12:00 PM
Joe Washington was easy to bring down.............................if you ever got your hands on him.

5-0
Well yeah, in the wishbone. Finch would probably play more in that offense.

Aries
10/27/2013, 02:52 PM

There's a bunch in here, some plays have at least two broken tackles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkieo5uk7lg

In addition, he has incredible balance. The Baylor play will always come to mind, you could say he broke two tackles on that play although one was in the end zone so doesn't count, but he did stay on his feet.

Complaining that the a 5' 7" 180 pound guy doesn't move the pile is kind of... um, unreasonable.

OkieThunderLion
10/27/2013, 03:31 PM
He takes so many huge KO shots. Polar opposite of Q, who always seemed to take glancing blows. Easy to see why they don't give him a huge workload.

OkieThunderLion
10/27/2013, 03:33 PM
Q

I don't see the similarities besides height and jersey.

Q had such a low center of gravity, heavy legs. Not as explosive or elusive as Finch, though.

I think Finch should get more touches, but probably no more than 10/game, in addition to kicks.

SoCalBigRed
10/27/2013, 05:17 PM
There's a bunch in here, some plays have at least two broken tackles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkieo5uk7lg

That'll leave a mark (on the ridiculous statement, he can't take contact without going down). A head scratcher, for sure.

King Crimson
10/27/2013, 05:35 PM
i like roy and from a friend that knows his family i was surprised when the attitude issues thing came out. he always said roy was a great kid.

i don't think he's an everydown back. i think a lot of his success is set up by DD and Clay more physical. we have a nice complement of backs but i wonder if the rotation isn't a little much sometimes.

RF played great yesterday, no taking that away.

TXBOOMER
10/27/2013, 07:14 PM
I am seeing a different back than some of you guys. He averages 7 yards a carry, usually makes at least the first guy miss, hits the hole quick, breaks tackles often, etc. I'll take two more of him. I have no problem with Clay or Williams, both are great backs.

OkieThunderLion
10/27/2013, 10:38 PM
I am seeing a different back than some of you guys. He averages 7 yards a carry, usually makes at least the first guy miss, hits the hole quick, breaks tackles often, etc. I'll take two more of him. I have no problem with Clay or Williams, both are great backs.

He's great at what he does. But obviously his YPC is inflated because he gets zero short-yardage responsibilities.

stoopified
10/29/2013, 09:48 PM
My impression was that Finch had not so much a bad attitude as a lax attitude.I think he wasn't aS STUDIOUS IN ACADEMICS OR FOOTBALL EITHER ONE AS bOB AND STAFF WANTED.BEFORE THE SASON bOB SAID SOMETHING TO THE EFFECT THAT ROY WOULD PLAY A BIGGER ROLE THIS YEAR BECAUSE HE WAS DOING ALL THAT HE WAS ASKED TO DO.

OkieThunderLion
10/29/2013, 10:08 PM
Well yeah, in the wishbone. Finch would probably play more in that offense.

No doubt. A lot easier for a 160 lb guy to cut block a defender on the outside than it is holding up in pass pro.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/30/2013, 08:31 AM
I will say this about Roy and I'm not trying to say we are best buddies..But I know enough about him personally that the "attitude" thing is over blown and not the reason he has lacked playing time.

Soonerwake
10/30/2013, 09:06 AM
I would just like to see one game where we start him and give him 20+ carries, maybe a screen pass or two. I have a feeling he would break a long one, and rush for at least 100 yards. He would also get thrown for a loss on a run or two, but overall I believe that he would get it done.

On another note, I guess Ford is done for the year with fumblitis..

KantoSooner
10/30/2013, 09:11 AM
And Ross with his unquenchable desire to beat up opposing linebackers.

I still look forward to seeing both Ross and Ford in the same backfield, smiling across at the opposing LBs.

picasso
10/30/2013, 09:14 AM
I don't see the similarities besides height and jersey.

Q had such a low center of gravity, heavy legs. Not as explosive or elusive as Finch, though.

I think Finch should get more touches, but probably no more than 10/game, in addition to kicks.
Huh? Q was as elusive as anyone we've had.

Ton Loc
10/30/2013, 09:23 AM
Huh? Q was as elusive as anyone we've had.

People love to rewrite history to fit their argument. It is what we're best at round here. That and complaining like little bitches.

8timechamps
10/30/2013, 02:47 PM
From what I was able to gather during his 'absence', Roy missed time because he wasn't putting the work in. He was not spending enough time in the film room/playbook, and he was (up until last year) still missing some assignments when we was involved. The "bad attitude" thing never happened. I think that was what the media and/or internet took and ran with.

The next big issue with Finch was that until this year, we needed backs that could be on the field to run, then the next play pass protect. Roy wasn't that guy. He spent a lot of time this past off season in the weight room and working on his ability to pass block. The problem though, is that even as he's improved in that area, there is no masking his size when it comes to blocking.

As much as I hate to say it, Roy would have seen a lot more time and been a much bigger star had he gone somewhere else. He's not an every down back, and that ultimately hurt him at OU.

This year, with the emphasis on running the ball, and Roy's added work, things are finally paying off for him. He's just in a crowded backfield. With Trey out for the season, Roy's touches will definitely increase.

cvsooner
10/30/2013, 03:14 PM
Roy should have probably been a slot receiver.

cvsooner
10/30/2013, 03:16 PM
I always figured it was his inability to be an every down pass blocker that hurt him, ultimately. No question he's got mad running skillz.