PDA

View Full Version : Official: Trey Millard tore ACL

colleyvillesooner
10/26/2013, 07:41 PM
Our for the year.

@Andy_Staples: RT @Jake_Trotter: OU announces torn ACL for FB Trey Millard. Killer injury for the Sooners.

Judge Smails
10/26/2013, 07:42 PM
Damn.

Plexis22
10/26/2013, 07:44 PM
We can't catch a break can we? This is a devastating blow to the offense.

Wishboned
10/26/2013, 07:44 PM
I feel so bad for Millard. I hope he can make a full recovery, and make an impact for a team in the NFL next year.

colleyvillesooner
10/26/2013, 07:45 PM
@OU_Football: STOOPS: "Unfortunately we lost Trey Miller, (with) a bad knee injury. The whole team is crushed...He is such a strong part of our team."

BB37
Just heard Bob confirm on the radio. What a shame!

aurorasooner
I really feel bad for him. He didn't get near the credit or the touches he deserved.

soonercastor
For ****s sake.

Rogue
10/26/2013, 07:46 PM
Dammit

BoulderSooner79
10/26/2013, 07:47 PM
That's just wrong. 5th year seniors should have a magic halo that protects them from injury.

SCSoonerfan
10/26/2013, 07:48 PM
Well, All I can say is "Thank you Trey". There are not many players I think about when someone mentions OU football but Trey Millard will always be at or near the top of the list.

okiewaker
10/26/2013, 07:51 PM
Guess we need a thread for this.

cleller
10/26/2013, 07:55 PM
A couple times its crossed my mind that it seems a little funny having him out on special teams, but I never REALLY thought he'd get hurt covering a kickoff.

What a deal to kick yourself over in hindsight. Its a no-win. Leave out there he gets hurt, pull him off and maybe we don't cover as well. Obviously they are a few weak spots still.

swardboy
10/26/2013, 07:57 PM
He had high NFL stock. With the combine only about six months away I can't see him being in shape for it. He'll have to depend on past performance like Sam did.

Kid comes from Columbia, Missouri to be a Sooner, and did not disappoint! At least he got another signature hurdle in his last game as a Sooner.

Aries
10/26/2013, 08:10 PM
Best wishes to Trey, I hope he fully recovers and has an awesome NFL career.

Temujin
10/26/2013, 08:31 PM
Man, it seems like we have the worst luck with injuries.

Peeb
10/26/2013, 09:02 PM
Prayers for Trey. What a great Sooner!

Hoping for a full recovery and a wonderful NFL caraeer.

Harris County Sooner
10/26/2013, 09:32 PM
Why do the coaches have such a valuable player playing on the bomb squad known for a higher risk of injury? That is just poor player management.

I hope the kid has a good recovery from this.

Socrefbek
10/26/2013, 10:30 PM
He will get signed by NE. Belicheck loves players like this. Good on special teams. Run Blocks, Pass Protects, Catches out of backfield and can run the ball as well.

Soonerwake
10/26/2013, 10:49 PM
Why do the coaches have such a valuable player playing on the bomb squad known for a higher risk of injury? That is just poor player management.

Total bull****.. He has played on special teams his entire career, for a reason. That's what will get him to the league, and I would bet the house that he wouldn't trade playing on special teams for anything. Have a clue..

I hate to see a guy who has put it all out there for my beloved Sooners get hurt. He will have his day in the NFL..

sooneron
10/26/2013, 10:52 PM
I thought that a loss couldn't be worse than C Nelson. I was wrong.

Eielson
10/26/2013, 10:52 PM
@OU_Football: STOOPS: "Unfortunately we lost Trey Miller, (with) a bad knee injury. The whole team is crushed...He is such a strong part of our team."

Poor Trey Miller.

Okie35
10/27/2013, 03:43 AM
Yea something is in the water...

I wish him the best moving forward.

vtsooner21
10/27/2013, 06:55 AM
What a class act. He provided us with some of the best highlight reels through his career at OU. I'll never forget his crushing blocks and him imposing his will on those Longhorns on his runs... "Get outta here you pesky Longhorn!" I wish him a speedy recovery and all the best in his bright future.

BOOMER

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/27/2013, 07:03 AM
Tragic! In a football kinda way!

Wish him a thorough and speedy recovery! Go show the boys on Sunday what you can do.

soonercastor
10/27/2013, 07:37 AM
Never forget

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/ou-hurdle2-10-13-12.gif

Soonerfossil
10/27/2013, 07:44 AM
Sucks for Trey, what a stud for the offense. Any ideas about who goes into his slot now? Do we have anyone who even can fill his shoes a little?

cleller
10/27/2013, 08:28 AM
Sucks for Trey, what a stud for the offense. Any ideas about who goes into his slot now? Do we have anyone who even can fill his shoes a little?

I guess Ripkowski might take Trey's spot, and move someone else in to take his spot in the 'dozer type packages. Brannon Green? Or is he already out there as a TE at those times? The only other FB on the roster is a RFr named Joe Palange.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/27/2013, 08:55 AM
Truly a great Sooner. Thanks for the memories Trey.

yermom
10/27/2013, 09:13 AM
Green was already playing in his spot last night, while Rip was playing the other TE spot

probably work another back in for plays where he would have carried the ball, i would guess.

this ****ing sucks.

cleller
10/27/2013, 09:18 AM
Haven't paid much attention to the blocking abilities of the other backs. Hopefully between Clay, Williams, Ford, Ross....someone can begin to fill his shoes. Millard was a rare combination of brains, muscle, instinct and experience.

yermom
10/27/2013, 09:20 AM
i want to say it was Clay they have been using when they needed a blocker, which is probably why he's gotten the starting nod in the past

olevetonahill
10/27/2013, 09:33 AM
Total bull****.. He has played on special teams his entire career, for a reason. That's what will get him to the league, and I would bet the house that he wouldn't trade playing on special teams for anything. Have a clue..

I hate to see a guy who has put it all out there for my beloved Sooners get hurt. He will have his day in the NFL..

Kinda agree Bro, Ive said it before, Those guys WANT the playing time. and WE demand the best on the field at all times, then when something like this happens folks start acting all bent because Coach is stupid or sompun. If we didnt Have the best players out there and other teams continually Ran kicks back for TDs folks would be bitchin louder.

SouthFortySooner
10/27/2013, 07:14 PM
J. D. Runnels, Trey Millard and ??? Should be fun to see whose next.

8timechamps
10/27/2013, 07:57 PM
Ripkowski moves to Trey's spot, Brannon Green moves to Rip's spot. Taylor McNamara is the next man up if we need a third TE option.

Jacie
10/27/2013, 07:59 PM
This is the equivalent of losing Murray.

BlownGP
10/27/2013, 08:20 PM

I would have to agree. Only good thing is we wont be playing in a national championship.

BoulderSooner79
10/27/2013, 08:38 PM

Have to admit this was my first thought. Makes you wish for the 100 scholarship days where you had enough depth to play all non-starters on ST. Losing Murray against a team we could beat with ease still makes me wince. May well have cost us #8.

OkieThunderLion
10/27/2013, 10:33 PM

Because when other teams return our kicks for TDs, the fans cry.

He spends enough offensive snaps on the sidelines, I want him out there as much as possible. And yes, that's his ticket in the NFL, as fullback is going way of the dodo.

cleller
10/28/2013, 08:18 AM
May be a way for Alex Ross to get out of the doghouse and back on the field. Just trying to be optimistic.

It was Ross that had the helmet slap incident, right? I don't remember him being back since then.

cleller
10/28/2013, 08:28 AM
i want to say it was Clay they have been using when they needed a blocker, which is probably why he's gotten the starting nod in the past

I'm as guilty as anyone of wanting to see the flashy back out on the field, despite the fact the Stoops has made it clear that RBs must be able to block well, catch the ball, and know the plays inside out if they want on the field. I imagine especially important when we threw the ball so much.

Lots of action goes right by me that the coaches notice when it comes to pass protection, downfield blocking, options, etc.

On a side note, Merv Johnson pointed out on the radio that Saunders is a "blocking fool", I think it was. What a player. Merv sees all.

PrideMom
10/28/2013, 10:50 AM
Millard is what you call the epitome of a football player! He is smart, hard worker, and knows the game. A strong leader, and can do it all: catch, block, and run. OU will miss his leadership in the offensive line. Say prayers that he heals quickly, and the NFL to draft him high.

oudanny
10/28/2013, 03:54 PM
I've really enjoyed watching him play. I wish him nothing but the best. He is a great Sooner.

KantoSooner
10/28/2013, 04:18 PM
Yeah Cleller, I'd be interested to see his snaps split between Ford and Ross. Both of them seem to have the 'hate the enemy' thing down pat.

Scott D
10/28/2013, 09:05 PM

I'm sure that was Nick Saban's first thought when Tino Sunseri injured his ACL on kickoff coverage too.