PDA

View Full Version : Game Delayed: What happens with the world series?

HolaKyle
10/26/2013, 02:45 PM
With the game delayed, does anybody know what will happen with the broadcasting, now that it will go into the World Series? Will Fox end it early, not air it, or move it to another channel for the 4th Quarter?

Or, the most unlikely option, show it with less commercials?

SCSoonerfan
10/26/2013, 02:49 PM
Just my opinion, but I think Fox will switch to the WS when the game starts at 8:07 est. Hopefully if that happens they will switch the game over to FX, or maybe Fox sports 2. Looks like Fox sports 1 has games on all night.

HolaKyle
10/26/2013, 02:53 PM
Thank you SCSoonerfan. Making me feel a little better. I thought we were up against a 7:30 deadline, but looks like they can stretch it out a bit at least

Judge Smails
10/26/2013, 02:54 PM
I think they should just delay the world series until our game is over.

SCSoonerfan
10/26/2013, 02:55 PM
I think they should just delay the world series until our game is over.

Me too, we need someone to infiltrate Fox.

nighttrain12
10/26/2013, 03:05 PM
They are obviously talking about that behind closed doors now at Fox.

cburgsooner
10/26/2013, 03:11 PM
Said on Twitter Fox out of OKC will stay with the OU game till it's over and other places or TBD .

HolaKyle
10/26/2013, 03:14 PM
That sucks. So much for living in Florida

aurorasooner
10/26/2013, 03:15 PM
I think they should just delay the world series until our game is over.Don't think that's going to happen. They'll probably move the end of the game to one of their Fox College Sports 'sports tier' cable channels if the end of the game runs into World Series time, which will pizz off a lot of CFB fans. especially if the game is close.
Perhaps they'll move it to the main regular Fox Cable channel which is just showing a movie. This channel is usually on most regular tier programming so most fans could get it. The other 2 regular tier Fox channels (Root Sports [in our area] and FX-1 have other CFB games on.

Judge Smails
10/26/2013, 03:33 PM
I was kidding....

Don't think that's going to happen. They'll probably move the end of the game to one of their Fox College Sports 'sports tier' cable channels if the end of the game runs into World Series time, which will pizz off a lot of CFB fans. especially if the game is close.
Perhaps they'll move it to the main regular Fox Cable channel which is just showing a movie. This channel is usually on most regular tier programming so most fans could get it. The other 2 regular tier Fox channels (Root Sports [in our area] and FX-1 have other CFB games on.

OU_Sooners75
10/26/2013, 03:33 PM
They are scrolling on bottom of TV screen that the WS game will be shown after the OU game is over.

Sounds like they will delay the WS game.

SCSoonerfan
10/26/2013, 03:38 PM
They are scrolling on bottom of TV screen that the WS game will be shown after the OU game is over.

Probably dependent on where you live. But hopefully we will have a good ball control offense and RUN the damn ball a lot and the game will end before the WS even starts.

OU_Sooners75
10/26/2013, 03:42 PM

Probably dependent on where you live. But hopefully we will have a good ball control offense and RUN the damn ball a lot and the game will end before the WS even starts.

No one cares for the WS on football Saturday! Lol

cburgsooner
10/26/2013, 03:53 PM
Said on Twitter the game will move to the Fox News Channel .everywhere but the OKC and lubb area

aurorasooner
10/26/2013, 04:11 PM
Said on Twitter the game will move to the Fox News Channel .everywhere but the OKC and lubb area
Fox News Channel--thx. I noticed on that last commercial break, Fox wasn't limiting their already ridiculous commercial breaks, so this game will probably be a long one, and definitely run into the World Series time.

Al Gore
10/26/2013, 05:57 PM
Where can I stream this game if its not on up here?

Blue
10/26/2013, 06:08 PM
CMON D!!!

Rogue
10/26/2013, 06:20 PM
FOX news....this is the only thing that could get me to watch it LOL

nighttrain12
10/26/2013, 07:21 PM

No way would they delay a World Series game because of a college football game.

ouflak
10/26/2013, 07:34 PM
Fox News coming through for me! Still can't believe that I got see this on TV, ...and because of a rain delay!

hawaii 5-0
10/26/2013, 07:55 PM
Unfortunately I set the recorder and did errands in town. Set it for an extra 30 minutes as well as the start of the World Series.

I didn't know Fox would switch channels and missed most of the 4th quarter.

Thanks in advance to HolaKyle for the anticipated highlights.

5-0

stoopified
10/26/2013, 08:15 PM
World Series? I have heard of that,I think. :)

aurorasooner
10/26/2013, 08:41 PM
You know, if it was the 7th game or a close out game with one team having having 3 wins, I could see them possibly switching from an exciting CFB game to the World Series, not the pregame crap, but switching when they throw the 1st pitch.
This was what, the 3rd WS game? Who GAS if they miss 2 or 3 innings (except in the cities who have their teams playing). Just start the pregame crap and the 1st couple of innings on another channel and continue with the CFB game.
Luckily it doesn't happen too often, and the World Series or a close playoff game is about the only baseball I watch on TV anymore, especially when college or pro football is on or the MNF or Thurs Night pro/college FB game is a blowout and there's nothing else on. Baseball is usually just a yawner unless you're at the ball park drinking beer on a summer night. Baseball in late October is just ridiculous anyway.

btw, did anyone notice if the over-the-air Fox Hi-Def feed of the OU/Tech game continued on one of their Hi-Def OTA sub-channels? I didn't think about switching over to the OTA antenna and checking the Fox channel 31 sub-channels.