PDA

View Full Version : Two months until Christmas...

ouwasp
10/25/2013, 11:48 AM
What are your thoughts on this matter?

badger
10/25/2013, 12:16 PM
I will not be shopping anywhere on Thanksgiving as part of my hopes that retailers will dial back their extend-black-Friday-into-Thursday ploy. I know you're in the red and all, but Thanksgiving shopping isn't gonna change that, you greedy Scrooges.

Also, Lowe's and other places already have Christmas stuff out and about.

olevetonahill
10/25/2013, 02:04 PM
7 cards , 7 checks to the Grand kids, Im done :wink:

SicEmBaylor
10/25/2013, 02:16 PM
I think the people at the house I drove past yesterday that already have their Christmas decorations out should be publicly flogged.

olevetonahill
10/25/2013, 02:37 PM
I think the people at the house I drove past yesterday that already have their Christmas decorations out should be publicly flogged.

Ive got em beat Sic.
I already have Mine put away :cocksure:

mojorisen2014
10/25/2013, 02:38 PM
I think the people at the house I drove past yesterday that already have their Christmas decorations out should be publicly flogged.look on the bright side at least you wouldn't have to worry about Jehovah's witnesses for a couple of months

ouwasp
10/25/2013, 02:58 PM
Well, like the saying goes...when you first see Christmas decorations, you know Halloween is near...

olevetonahill
10/25/2013, 02:58 PM
look on the bright side at least you wouldn't have to worry about Jehovah's witnesses for a couple of months

Heh For some strange reason they dont come by my shack anymore, Haven't in several years now:friendly_wink:

rock on sooner
10/25/2013, 03:40 PM
Heh For some strange reason they dont come by my shack anymore, Haven't in several years now:friendly_wink:

Heh, think it has anything to do with "nekkid and armed"?:devilish:

rock on sooner
10/25/2013, 03:43 PM
I will not be shopping anywhere on Thanksgiving as part of my hopes that retailers will dial back their extend-black-Friday-into-Thursday ploy. I know you're in the red and all, but Thanksgiving shopping isn't gonna change that, you greedy Scrooges.

Also, Lowe's and other places already have Christmas stuff out and about.

One retailer here in Des Moines put out a display in September...I decorate my home
on Thanksgiving weekend and take 'em down New Years Day...weather permitting...
ice and snow and ladders are not a good mix.

Seems as though 8 P.M. Thanksgiving night is the new Black Friday...

olevetonahill
10/25/2013, 06:02 PM
Heh, think it has anything to do with "nekkid and armed"?:devilish:

Heh. Long story that Ive told before here. But ya it kinda do involve Nekked and Guns :surprise:

rock on sooner
10/25/2013, 07:57 PM
Heh. Long story that Ive told before here. But ya it kinda do involve Nekked and Guns :surprise:

Werks fer me....wish I could answer the door bell "nekkid"...wud if I cud..
Only issue is they bring kids with em....

olevetonahill
10/25/2013, 08:30 PM
Werks fer me....wish I could answer the door bell "nekkid"...wud if I cud..
Only issue is they bring kids with em....

Put ya up a Sign !

If ya can t find the Story here Let me Know and I'll retell it . Took me a Fe years to get shut of em But they be GONE now

SanJoaquinSooner
10/26/2013, 02:28 AM
y'all need to go to Hobby Lobby and buy a leopard skin tree ornament.

Flagstaffsooner
10/26/2013, 04:28 AM
I never celebrate it, and no, I'm not Jewish.

ouwasp
10/26/2013, 11:55 AM
I never celebrate it, and no, I'm not Jewish.

Flagstaff, it's obvious you're not up on Christmas traditions.... you're supposed to simply say:

"Bah, humbug!"

stoops the eternal pimp
10/28/2013, 04:26 PM
I love Christmas and can't wait to go shopping on Christmas Eve for everyone.

badger
10/28/2013, 04:27 PM

I feel this way about the Halloween candy and the kids who come to my door ringing the doorbell, waking my toddler up :(

If I get the candy any sooner, I might eat it

olevetonahill
10/28/2013, 04:28 PM

Dont wait till 8PM Christmas eve and go to the 24 hr Wally Weird, They wont be there !

8timechamps
10/28/2013, 08:08 PM

We may share the same mind.

Seriously though, I've turned my Christmas Eve shop-a-thon into my online, so-late-that-I-have-to-pay-extra-for-overnight-shipping-a-thon.

I freakin' love Christmas, but I really suck at the shopping part.

I don't have a problem with places opening on Thanksgiving for shoppers, but that's because I'd never be caught dead shopping that weekend anyway. That day is reserved for FOOD & FOOTBALL only.