PDA

View Full Version : OU should crush T. Tech...

Soonerus
10/24/2013, 09:45 PM
Their schedule thus far is a total joke...welcome to reality tortillas...

yermom
10/24/2013, 09:50 PM
great, now we are doomed

Soonerus
10/24/2013, 09:51 PM
great, now they are doomed and widely recognized as frauds

fixed...

pac10SUX
10/24/2013, 09:59 PM
Murderer's Row so far - powerhouse after powerhouse
SMU
SF Austin
TCU
Texas St
Kansas
Iowa St
WVU

WE ARE DOOMED - I TELL YA!!

8timechamps
10/24/2013, 10:07 PM
I think the only way Tech could play worse OOC teams is if somehow, they were able to play high school team. When they've played better teams, it's told a little more of the story:

TCU won 20-10
Iowa State won 42-35
West Virginia won 37-27

The outcome of all those games was in doubt into the 4th quarter. They've filled up on mediocre to bad competition. This week, will be their first real test, and I fully expect them to fail it.

Soonerus
10/24/2013, 10:11 PM
I am with you 8X...

Blue
10/24/2013, 10:19 PM
Amazing what a few days can do for fan confidence. I expect us to shat the bed for the majority of 4 quarters like I've come accustomed to watching OU do. We might win, we might not. But i'm not expecting us to suddenly turn into a juggernaut.

Soonerus
10/24/2013, 10:20 PM
Blue is so blue...

Soonerus
10/24/2013, 10:23 PM
Blue don't be so blue...

Blue
10/24/2013, 11:11 PM
I live 30 minutes from Tuscaloosa. You don't know my hell.

CatfishSooner
10/24/2013, 11:32 PM
why so blue, blue?

Blue
10/24/2013, 11:38 PM
I banged your mom. Burn.

Soonerus
10/24/2013, 11:47 PM
Sophomoric but not unexpected from a blue ...

Blue
10/25/2013, 12:28 AM
Sophomoric but not unexpected from a blue ...

Oh my bad...was that your wife or your mom? I banged her too...Ha!

SoonerMarkVA
10/25/2013, 09:23 AM
KU ran roughshod over us for about 20 minutes before we decided we might want to play. I'm not predicting we can crush anyone that plays D1 ball.

badger
10/25/2013, 09:25 AM
Their schedule thus far is a total joke

I totally agree --- if they want BCS respect, they should NOT be scheduling those Big 12 creampuff opponents! :P

UteSooner
10/25/2013, 09:53 AM
Agree.

1.Tech is untested--hasn't played anyone
2.Tech probably is thinking highly of themselves...undefeated...high ranking...media stories pumping their coach...
3.Home game for OU...hopefully loud
4.OU should be hungry to prove themselves...all our recent media has been negative, etc.

Anything else? Tech isn't built to come in here and run the ball down our throats...which helps.

badger
10/25/2013, 09:57 AM
Anything else?

You must be 40 years old before reaching "man" status. Kliff is only 34 years old

thecrimsoncrusader
10/25/2013, 10:09 AM
Unlike the Texas and KU games, OU will probably take Texas Tech seriously since they are ranked #10 and undefeated. It's sad that OU wasn't fired up for the Texas game, but it very much looked like a bunch of Sooner players saw a Texas team that OU destroyed the previous two seasons and then saw Texas get beat by 20+ to BYU and Ole Miss along with barely beating Kansas St. and Iowa St.

The Sooners played like they could just show up and win and the Kansas game was a OU/TX hangover after being shocked at the loss to Texas. I just see OU being fired up for this game and decisively winning thanks largely to the Sooner pass defense and Texas Tech's ineffective run game. People can call those things excuses, but OU has a chance the next two games to prove that the OU/TX game was nothing more than a fluke. Coach Heupel made an epic mistake of not committing more to the run and QB run game against Texas, he shouldn't make that mistake again the next two games and needs to remember that Bob Stoops is 61-1 when his teams rush for 200 or more yards.

Mac94
10/25/2013, 10:10 AM
While I agree that Tech is untested and that their schedule has been light ... the two common opponents OU and Tech have played seem to indicate a fairly close game.

Both have played TCU with OU winning at home 20-17 and Tech winning at home 20-10 and both teams have faced W. Virginia with OU winning at home 16-7 and Tech winning on the road 37-27. I think OU will win this weekend ... but I don't feel comfortable saying that the Sooners will blow Tech out.

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2013, 10:17 AM
Depends on the definition of "crush". We don't have the offense to put up big points, but I agree this should be a good matchup for us. So if we win by 7+ its, let's say we crushed them.

IronHorseSooner
10/25/2013, 10:38 AM
These next two games are a chance for JH and one Mr. Blake Bell to prove everyone wrong- plain and simple! What is sad is that no matter what happens in those two games, we still need UTerus to lose twice just to win the conference (even though I think Baylor destroys them and OSU or Tech does as well). What I hope is that sits under the crawl of the entire Coaching staff, players, recruits, and everyone in the program, much like the ND game did last year. One game where you let your guard down will cost you big!

badger
10/25/2013, 10:42 AM
we still need UTerus to lose twice just to win the conference

Didn't you hear? Ties! It starts with the letter "T," as does "trophy!" And "t-shirt!"

OU: 2012 Big 12 football Champions!*

* F--- everything about ties

UteSooner
10/25/2013, 11:25 AM
Texas will not win the conference (even a share of it). I can see them dropping their last 4....@WV, OSU, TT, @Baylor...they will lose AT LEAST 2 of those. They aren't suddenly good because we sucked against them.

TT won't win it either with @OU, OSU, KSU, Baylor, @Texas left.

I still think it's between OU and Baylor. Baylor favored of course, but even their schedule is wicked backloaded. They played High School teams in nonconference and their first 4 conference games are against the current 4 worst teams in the Big 12 standings.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/25/2013, 11:44 AM
Despite TCU's bad offense, I could see Texas losing that game at TCU even with the bye week. Texas spent the entire off-season and the ISU and KSU games working on the OU game and are probably still celebrating that win instead of getting ready for TCU. TCU's defense can put the hurt on Texas' offense to make that game interesting.

ObiKaTony
10/25/2013, 12:08 PM
I've seen our offense and I have very little confidence that we can make this or any game a blow out. Ou wins by a thin margin not barring any mistakes

ObiKaTony
10/25/2013, 12:11 PM
I've seen our offense and I have very little confidence that we can make this or any game a blow out. Ou wins by a thin margin not barring any mistakes

Not because of personnel, because of coaching...

cvsooner
10/25/2013, 12:27 PM
Despite TCU's bad offense, I could see Texas losing that game at TCU even with the bye week. Texas spent the entire off-season and the ISU and KSU games working on the OU game and are probably still celebrating that win instead of getting ready for TCU. TCU's defense can put the hurt on Texas' offense to make that game interesting.

Not only the defense, but Boykin is a running threat like crazy who can throw the deep ball. I don't think TCU will make the same mistake we did; key for them is to get over the first half woes that have plagued them all season. Plus, reportedly Casey Pachall will be back...which could make for an even better passing threat. I suspect Texas had its one shot at playing really well and did so against us--I foresee them losing this game.

badger
10/25/2013, 12:33 PM
Since we're evenly matched and they're undefeated and all, there really is nothing left except trash talking to do at this point. Therefore, I suggest we assemble every mean and nasty thing we can think of regarding Texas Tech, Lubbock, Red Raiders, etc and think them to send negative vibes toward Kliff's bouquet of pansies.

Come on people... spill it. What are the worst things you can remember about TT

LesNessman
10/25/2013, 12:53 PM
Tech could have easily lost to TCU. H-Frogs got royally ripped on a punt return TD called back (bogus fair catch call) early 4thQ. No way that was a fair catch signal. Big momentum change at home and would have tied it at 10 all.

TCU did score on that possession, but that big play momentum could have been a game changer.

ashley
10/25/2013, 01:08 PM
Our weakness is our running right at our defensive front, but, TT can't run the ball on anyone so we should be OK there. I don't think there D is very good so we will be able to score. How much is the question.

picasso
10/25/2013, 01:14 PM
Yes. We should be dominate!

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2013, 01:29 PM
Since we're evenly matched and they're undefeated and all, there really is nothing left except trash talking to do at this point. Therefore, I suggest we assemble every mean and nasty thing we can think of regarding Texas Tech, Lubbock, Red Raiders, etc and think them to send negative vibes toward Kliff's bouquet of pansies.

Come on people... spill it. What are the worst things you can remember about TT

TT players cut the crust off their PB&J sandwiches!

cvsooner
10/28/2013, 03:50 PM
Not only the defense, but Boykin is a running threat like crazy who can throw the deep ball. I don't think TCU will make the same mistake we did; key for them is to get over the first half woes that have plagued them all season. Plus, reportedly Casey Pachall will be back...which could make for an even better passing threat. I suspect Texas had its one shot at playing really well and did so against us--I foresee them losing this game.

Boy, I missed this one. Ouch.

BoulderSooner79
10/28/2013, 05:53 PM
Depends on the definition of "crush". We don't have the offense to put up big points, but I agree this should be a good matchup for us. So if we win by 7+ its, let's say we crushed them.

Altogether now: "We crushed them."

SoonerForLife92
10/28/2013, 06:25 PM
Altogether now: "We crushed them."

Phew barely hit that 7+

8timechamps
10/28/2013, 06:52 PM
This Tech team is not like the Tech teams of old. The ones that blew through their easy games, then fell apart when they faced the decent teams. This Tech team will have a chance in every game they play the rest of the way.

Their defense is not very good...not horrible either, but their offense is solid. Whenever a coach is willing to throw the ball 50+ times a game (with a QB that can complete passes), then points will be scored.

Soonerus
10/28/2013, 08:06 PM
I admit it was a non-crush...