PDA

View Full Version : #CreateARuckus

8timechamps
10/24/2013, 05:49 PM
I'm sure you've probably seen it by now, but if not, go here: LINK (http://www.soonersports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&SPID=127245&SPSID=750323&DB_OEM_ID=31000)

The Athletic Department (or at least Sooner Sports) is asking fans attending the game to "Create a Ruckus". A lot of emphasis is being placed on replicating the way the stadium was in the '08 game.

I know there are people that get a little bent when things like this are 'forced' (i.e. the "Get Loud" video, or players trying to get the crowd pumped up), but I don't mind this. It's no secret we are a more reactive fanbase, but I wonder how much of that has to do with the older fans in the stadium.

Last year, at the OSU game, there was a couple that sat in front of me (probably in their 60s), and I don't think they clapped the entire game. They stood when the people in front of them stood (which seemed to aggravate them), but otherwise...nothing. Why go to the game?

Anyway, if this helps get stirs the stadium into a similar hostile environment as it did for Tech in '08, I'm all for it.

Thoughts?

cherokeebrewer
10/24/2013, 06:16 PM
C'est la vie said the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell.

birddog
10/24/2013, 08:57 PM
The Franchise did a great bit with Robby Stoops the OU towel manager. Funniest thing I've heard from steelman and co. in years. By all means try to find it. That's some good old fashioned listenin.

8timechamps
10/24/2013, 09:08 PM
The Franchise did a great bit with Robby Stoops the OU towel manager. Funniest thing I've heard from steelman and co. in years. By all means try to find it. That's some good old fashioned listenin.

What's the station? (I know it's The Franchise, but the actual number) I'll see if I can find it online.

Soonerwake
10/24/2013, 09:23 PM

Soonerus
10/24/2013, 09:24 PM
Team's good play creates crowd noise and not the reverse...

badger
10/25/2013, 09:42 AM
I really, really hope that the rain chances don't materialize, or there will be little chance of ruckusing this late into fall.

In 2002, UTEP was a fun semi-summer rain. A month or so later, South Florida was a miserable cold fall rain. I'd anticipate such a rain Saturday to be more South Florida than UTEP :(

Ruf/Nek7
10/25/2013, 11:38 AM
I am all for this. I think it could really excite recruits at the game as well. We want to show them a good time.

birddog
10/25/2013, 09:09 PM
Sooo, I hope u guys can come across that Robbie or Robby stoops bit at some point. I YouTubed it and it pops up after I typed Robbie stoops "sports animal" popped up but actual audio of the create a ruckus seems to be slim to nil.

8timechamps
10/25/2013, 09:50 PM
Sooo, I hope u guys can come across that Robbie or Robby stoops bit at some point. I YouTubed it and it pops up after I typed Robbie stoops "sports animal" popped up but actual audio of the create a ruckus seems to be slim to nil.

I can't seem to find it. Are you typing in Robbie Stoops "Sports Animal"? Can you post a link?

birddog
10/25/2013, 10:06 PM
Man, I poked about. After Robby stoops it popped up as Robbie stoops sports animal. After that I got bupkus.